Tea time at Le'Rouge (Closed)

The whole time Kiera was talking to Cynthia, James wanted to interject however he couldn't. The information inside the envelope had kept his mouth shut though his teeth gritted every moment of it. James was surprised that Kiera was able to stay calm since he knew that the stuff Vandervoort was talking about was very nerve racking however by the end of it Kiera had come off on top. James smiled at Kiera though after hearing that what was said might be a central piece in Vandervoort's book James began to wonder if Cynthia would indeed keep her promise to ensure that everything was kept truthful. James looked at the Le' Rouge tea that Cynthia was drinking, the effects of the tea on the Potters seemed to have worn off. James wasn't surprised since they had only taken a few sips but he was also sure that Cynthia's mind was feeling the effects which meant that she probably was relying on her quill and notepad to keep all the information. A plan began to work his way through James' mind as Cynthia opened the Envelope to reveal several photo's inquiring as to whether James knew them or not.

James recognized a few of them as spirits they had seen when the Dark Presence was defeated however he didn't know any of their names and therefore the ball was still in Vandervoort's court. James also noticed that the envelope had something else in it which he figured might give him a good lead on the person he had been asked to save. "I don't recognize any of them to be honest" James said after a moment's contemplation as he looked at Cynthia with venom in his eyes. James wanted to hurt Cynthia for the little crack she made about his wife and her near death experience but James looked over at her and decided that he would follow her example and simply play it cool. "Well Miss. Vandervoort, your right" James said with a smile as he looked from his wife to Cynthia "I guess, I've learned the importance of other people's lives and how there all worth something... at least most people are worth something" James said casually as he continued to think about the best way to initiate his plan.

Cynthia simply smiled at James' last retort "Cute" she said as she looked over at her quill which was still taking notes. "So your saying you've just now learned what your father has known all his life" Cynthia said snobbishly as she raised in eyebrow "I would've thought you'd learn something a bit more, I don't know interesting" Cynthia said as she took another sip of her tea and placed the empty glass on the table. "That's okay though, shall we continue with the interview?" she asked simply as she waved her wand and the photo's hopped back into her envelope. "So Mr. Potter, do you believe that the Dark Presence was after you specifically or if he had any other agenda?" Cynthia asked as though they really were getting back down to business. Her quill and pad jumping slightly as they turned page after page filling the contents with what was being said.

Cynthia waited while James answered and smiled as she got ready for her next question "What about your wife? How do you feel knowing that as a husband you couldn't even protect her from harm?" Cynthia asked with a more smugness than usual enjoying every moment of what was taking place and how she was getting to this couple. Once again Cynthia waited for James to answer her question and once again as soon as he was finished she had another one waiting on the sidelines to ensure that she really got under James skin. "So then how do you feel about the prospect of having children? If you do have children how to you plan to protect them or even your expectant wife considering how many people are out there just waiting for a chance to hurt your family" Cynthia asked knowing that the questions she was asking was definitely more personal than what they would've wanted. "My last question Mr.Potter" Cynthia said as she held up her crossed fingers. "Rumor's from some of the residence of Bleak Street suggest that after the creature was killed the dead seemed to come back to life as ghosts or something, can you confirm that?" Cynthia asked with a smile.

James didn't like Cynthia or the fact that she was able to bring out the worst in people even when it wasn't there. The fact that she was both good at it and enjoyed doing it seemed to make things even worse. Though James had to admit she was more adept at getting information than he was and that was something that would come in handy. It was interesting that even though she was here in France she was trying to cover something that was in New Zealand and that hadn't been spoken about from the ministry. James didn't like the idea but it had to be true, Cynthia Vandervoort had a partner. James hoped that whoever the partner was they didn't have any other information and that Cynthia was carrying it all because in order for his plan to work it would rely on leaving Cynthia with nothing and the Potters everything. James listened as Vandervoort questioned him once more about the Dark Presence that had attacked both his wife and himself.

"I think it was simply wrong place at the right time, me and my wife are happy to have helped the ministry take down a threat to everyone" James replied casually as he took Kiera's hand once more. "My wife and I are both strong people Miss. Vandervoort and that's all I'm going to say about that" James said in response to the fact that he was unable to keep Kiera safe during the attack. Vandervoort had to know that it was something that stuck in his mind and had been seriously bugging him ever since. "I'm excited about having children and I know that they will be fine just like I was fine when I was growing up and like I said before I know my wife is capable enough to take care of herself" James said though it was getting harder to keep his voice even. He hated Cynthia with a passion however the information she had was something James wasn't going to be able to let slip away and so he was glad that she was asking only one more question. "After the creature was killed memories of those that it had encountered were set free but they didn't linger and to be honest we're not even sure that's what they were" James answered giving only a partial truth that was vague and not helpful, James looked at Kiera and smiled "Anything else you want to add honey?" James asked.

Kiera's temper flared as Cynthia Vandervoort went after her husband. She winced internally as Cynthia asked James all the wrong questions. They were the ones that Kiera knew would upset him the most. As Cynthia laid the pictures on the table, she took in all the different faces of the pictures in front of her. While she did not know their names, but she did recognize several different images of spirits that had broken apart from the creature as it was defeated. Kiera committed them all to memory, knowing that her husband was doing the same. Kiera did not like the turn that the interview had taken. Kiera watched James answer the questions, suprised that he had not lost his temper yet. James Potter was not known for being level-headed. Kiera waited for the explosion she knew was on its way. However, it did not happen.

Kiera grinned at her husband as he took up for her. She did not have to step in because James said everything she could have said plus much more. Love overtook her in that moment as she wanted nothing more than to kiss him. She resisted the temptation since they still sat in front of a reporter. Kiera was pleased that James realized she could take care of herself. She was profiecent in magic beyond what they had taught her at Hogwarts New Zealand. As James looked at her, her feelings of love and admiration came rushing back, only they were no longer because of the speciality tea. "Only one thing." she said, smiling up at her husband. They needed to prove to the Wizarding world that their love was real and everlasting. Then, just maybe they could get some peace. "We are a team. I love James more than I have ever loved anything. It is a love that surpasses anything you could possibly ever know. Together, we can do anything, no matter what you or anyone else throws at us." she said spitefully to Cynthia. Kiera knew she should have just kept silent but she could hardly do so after everything that had just gone down.

Cynthia smiled at the two of them "Committed till the bitter end" Cynthia said with a coldness to her voice as she opened her purse and watched as both her notebook and quill dived inside along with the envelope. "Glad to hear it, then again Mrs. Potter if love was so strong than why do so many people grow up orphans" Cynthia said looking at James knowing that she was taking a low blow at his father. "This has been nice, I do hope we run into each other again" Cynthia said as she pulled out several fat Galleons and paid the bill. "Enjoy the rest of your day" Cynthia said as she smiled once more to the pair and made her way towards the exit. She had struck gold by running into the Potters now all she had to do was review her notes make up a few of the lines and she would have another scoop that would make the wizarding world both fear and adore her name. First she had to get back to the school so she could find out what was going on Tournament wise.

Smiling brightly Cynthia began walking down the street enjoying the springtime air and how lucky she was to be her. "Acelin is going to be so jealous when he finds out about this" Cynthia said feeling quite pleased with herself about the whole thing, the problem of course would be Matthews. The owner had helped Cynthia keep her job but it was getting a bit harder each time to continue publishing her articles, Cynthia could only hope the owner realizes his mistake and replaces Matthews with Cynthia so that the Daily Prophet itself could be the number one gossip paper around. A few of the locals smiled at her as she walked by, none of them recognized her for who she was, a thought that was both insulting and humiliating at the same time. Cynthia turned down one of the alleys waiting to Apparate when something hit her from behind. Feeling a bit confused she didn't have time for anything as the world went dark and she crashed towards the ground.

James waited a few moments once Cynthia had left them "That damn bit$#!" James said vehemently as he got up from his chair the rest of his food lying on his plate. "She's not going to get away with this, Kiera we're going after her" James said as he pulled out his wand, the plan was simple he would catch up to her and stupefy her taking all the information she had. "That man we saw in Bleak Street was amongst the photo's we have to get them so we can find out who he is" James explained as he left Le' Rouge and began looking for Vandervoort, James wondered if for a second he was too late because it would've been too easy for Vandervoort to simply apparate away however he didn't see her do it. Perhaps she had other things to do down here, other people's lives to try and destroy. "She's got to be around here somewhere" James muttered to himself as he walked towards the main street faster than normal. Vandervoort had meddled in their personal affairs many times but this time she had something James was willing to take by force and that was what he planned to do.

James began looking around trying to find any sign of the Devil with blond hair but wasn't seeing anything "See her?" James asked Kiera as he continued to look around walking past an alleyway. Something caught his eye but it wasn't enough to stop him as he walked away, someone was walking away very fast out of the alley that they had past. James continued looking around and then finally turned back still trying to see if Vandervoort was still in the area, that's when he saw it. Near a dumpster two shoes were sticking out, they were high heels and looked exactly like the one's Vandervoort had been wearing. Rushing over James saw that some garbage had been placed on top of her and that Vandervoort was lying unconscious on the ground her purse was missing along with all of the information James had been trying to grab. "Cynthia wake up!" James said as he slapped her rather hard in the face, she may have been attacked but it didn't mean James had to be nice to her considering all that she's done. Cynthia began to stir but had a dazed look on her face "Her memory's been obliterated" James said recognizing the signs almost immediately, James looked at his wife trying to figure out what had happened and what was going to happen now that someone had taken the information before he could.

Kiera glared at Cynthia as she made a nasty comment about their love and then her father-in-law. She didn't mind the comment about their love. James and Kiera were committed to the end. Forever they would stand together. Internally, she sighed. Kiera knew that the last comment would be the one that pushed James too far. The explosion could not be avoided. Cynthia had paid the bill and walked out the door. James announced that the couple was going after Vandervoort. Not that she objected, Kiera despised that woman. Quickly, she got up and follow James out the door. "I hope you know we are having a nice long talk about everything when we get home. Its hard to guess everything that you are thinking." she said, walking quickly at James' side.

Kiera looked around as they chased after the woman. Finally, a figure was laying next to a trash pile. Kiera frowned. They had been with this woman only moments before. What on earth was going on? She was startled as James told her that her memory was obliterated. Also, all the information she had just gotten from the Potters and everything else was missing. Horror struck Kiera once more. "Someone was waiting for her. Following her." she said quietly. "Or they were following us and just took this oppertunity to get all that information from her." Kiera said knowing there were plenty of motives for people to follow the Potters. "They could be watching now." she murmured quietly to James. Kiera felt for her own wand in her pocket. She took it out and held it in her head. Bleak street had also taught her about danger lurking just around the corner.

They found themselves in another situation that wasn't looking good, James turned around to see if anyone was around however he quickly realized that the person he had seen walking out of the alley had probably been the one who did this to her. "I'm not sure they were after us" James said quietly as he began trying to think about what to do with Cynthia, they couldn't just leave her however people knew that the Potters didn't like Cynthia and that could possibly make them a suspect. Cynthia's memory had been modified so she wasn't likely going to be able to testify either way however this could still end up in the papers causing quite a stir. "Alright, we have to drop her at Saint Mungo's and then head back home so we can figure this out" James said decidedly as thought that was really the only option they had.

Everything was turning out bad and all James wanted to do was be with his wife, none of this seemed fair considering all that had been given up so that the world he grew up in was a better place. Hadn't that been what the second war was all about? Freedom from fear and intolerance yet now he stood with his wife in a situation that James knew was something bad. James had his wand out and looked around once more just to be on the safe side, the last thing they needed was for this to be some kind of set up that Vandervoort had planned. He wouldn't even put it past her not to do something like this however the fact that everything she had was gone made everything look like a simple robbery, James knew better then to trust how everything looked and would definitely need to ask for some help. James looked over at Kiera "Are you ready?" James asked as he held out his hand for her's grabbing Cynthia's arm as well.

Kiera didn't know what was happening. It seemed that the Potters where in the wrong place at the wrong time constantly this past month. Kiera was worried this would get the young couple in trouble. After all, the whole restaurant had just seen them leave, chasing after Cynthia. It looked very very bad. Worry filled her clear brown eyes. Kiera nodded at her husband's suggestion. "Yes. That's the only option." she agreed. "Side by side apparation?" she asked as James began to lift Cynthia.

As she saw that it was indeed his plan as he reached for her hand. Kiera smiled at her husband, though she kept her wand by her side. "I love you." she said before taking his hand. "Let's get out of here and then get home. We really need to talk." she agreed in a soft voice. She wasn't sure what they were going to do about this. She also needed to know what had been bothering her husband for the last few days. Kiera would insist that he told her now.

"Alright, we'll talk" James said somberly as he took his wife's hand and felt the tight squeeze that apparating always brought to James. They arrived at the nearby Hospital and as soon as James let go of Cynthia he apparated along with his wife back to their London home. It had been strange when he had first bought the houses that there would be three places where the Potter's would call home, it was perhaps because they had family and friend all across the planet and therefore simply calling one area home was not enough. James had came to London simply because it was closest not to mention the fact that it was a safe house of sort's since it belonged to his family and had been a safe place for the old Order. James' father had always called it 'Number 12' for short and had been happy to allow James and his wife to use it as a second home.

The house was much cleaner then back in the old days when James and his parents would visit, it had been cleaned many times however it always seemed to get dusty and seemed to have an air about it as though some type of dust spell had been put over it. James didn't mind though as the place had sense been filled with a lot of light not to mention the old House Elf heads had been taken down years ago. Inside the hallway was an old Portrait that had a curtain permanently attached to it along with a muffler charm placed so that the woman who apparently had been crazy would not interrupt the young couple. "Alright, what do you want to talk about?" James asked feeling himself begin to pace as his mind began racing, He had been close to getting the envelope and the information that Cynthia had and yet someone had blocked him just before he could succeed. James couldn't help but feel angry about that and at that point wasn't sure if he even wanted to have a talk with Kiera since he was busy trying to protect her.

Kiera felt the familiar tugging on the inside of her belly button. They only stopped for the briefest of time, just long enough to let go of Cynthia's hand. Kiera felt the air turning around her. They landed on the sidewalk outside of their London house. It had been given to the young couple as a gift from James' family since they never used the house themselves. Kiera knew it was a special place for Harry and she considered herself lucky to think of it as a home. Kiera stumbled slightly as her feet touched down.

Kiera frowned as James began to pace in front of her. He wasn't even looking at her as he asked her what she wanted to talk about. It annoyed her greatly. This was not the kind of marriage she wanted; she wanted her husband to trust her and talk to her. Not act like this. The young girl did not want to start an arguement with James but she had a feeling it was coming. Her patience was short right now after everything they had been through in the last few months. "First off, I would like you to stop thinking and pacing for just one minute and talk to me." she retorted. Her tone was annoyed and she couldn't remember ever taking this tone with James before. "I want to know what is so important about that folder. I want to know why you have barely talked to me in the last week. I want to know why we agreed to that interview." she said, slightly demanding.

"I'm sorry!" James said in a tone that didn't make him believable even though he really was sorry. James stopped pacing as he sat down on the couch and placed his head in between his hands trying to sort everything out. James didn't know exactly how to answer his wife's questions because he didn't even have a good answer for himself. "Inside the folder was the man we saw in Bleak Street, he wanted us to save someone" James said quietly as he thought about the ghost's final request, something that had been inside his head since they'd left Bleak Street. "I want to help him, he's suffered for a long time and I want to grant his last request" James said though the words were not very audible. "Cynthia knew alot about what happened, we both know that" James said as he thought about it "She had more information than what she showed us and if we had gotten it then..." James said with a slight pause.

Would 'they' have been closer to finding out who it was that needed to be save or would 'he' have been closer. James didn't want to put Kiera in any more danger, she wanted to have children and the fact remained that if James couldn't help save one person then how was he supposed to ensure that his child was safe. James remembered the dream from when he almost died, seeing the little girl be killed by the monster and while it wasn't likely to happen now, it wasn't something Kiera could ever understand. James didn't want her to understand, because it would only hurt her, that was why James hadn't told Kiera about the dream and why he was so reluctant in having children. "I'm sorry Kiera" James said as he stood up calming his voice "I'm letting this whole thing get the best of me and it's hurting us" James said as he wrapped his arms around his wife "I just want to be with you and start a family" James whispered.

Kiera placed her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrows as James said he was sorry. It was not in a tone that she liked or that really said sorry. She watched as he walked to the couch and put his head between his hands. She instantly felt bad for causing this reaction from her husband. However, she didn't back down. This confrontation was something she hated to do but she felt like it was what had to happen to make their lives get back to normal. Kiera frowned at James' words. She didn't like the thought of him going to save someone. How could she make certain he was safe? "I don't remember that..."she said quietly. Kiera didn't remember much of the ending of the fight. James had consumed her thoughts with concern for him. It had been her sole focus. "But if we need to save someone then we will. Mother worked near that Luxen character when he was alive. They got in a fight once..." she said her voice trailing off. She remembered her mother's shop had been in shambles from their duel. No wonder his name had sounded familiar.

Kiera looked back at her husband. Her hands dropped from her hips as she walked towards her husband, away from the door. The frown was erased from her face as he told her a bit of what was going on inside his head though she felt that he was still keeping somethings from her. Kiera's anger faded as quickly as it had come. James stood. She leaned into her husband's chest as his arms wrapped around her. "I don't want to fight with you." she said with a sigh. "I just want to go back to the way things were. We have barely been speaking." she said sadly. It had been hurting her to feel like there was a wall between them. "You have to talk to me. We are a family. Nothing is going to change that." she said knowing that nothing could change her feelings for her.

"I know" James said kindly as he looked down on his wife and kissed her on the forehead "Today's just been a bad day" James said as he thought about how bad the last few weeks have been and the fact that even though Bleak Street was now safe he and his wife were being forces apart. "I promise not to do anything stupid alright" James said with a smirk as he lifted her head and began kissing her. James wanted more than anything to go back to the days when he and his wife would just laugh and talk and didn't have a care in the world. Those days were not lost however they did seem to feel that way. James began to rub Kiera's back as he continued kissing her allowing himself to be caught up in a moment that was a long time ago. "I love Kiera Potter and I wouldn't do anything to hurt you" James said softly as he kissed her once more on the forehead.

It was hard to believe that it had only been a few hours and yet something else had happened. James wasn't sure if he would be able to put the information that he had been so close to obtaining aside however he was sure of one thing. He had to protect Kiera and keep her away from this business, otherwise that family that the two of them wanted could never exist. James looked back down at her "So, when do you want to start trying for kids?" James asked wondering if what she told Vandervoort was true and that she wanted to wait before doing so. James had thought the idea was bad at first however now that he thought about it, perhaps if Kiera became pregnant she would settle down more and stay out of the trouble that James was more than likely heading into. "We may need to start fattening you up, your too skinny the way you are now" James said with a loving smirk as he kissed Kiera once more this time with the same passion he had when they first started dating.

Kiera was often touched by the simple gestures James showed her. The affectionate kiss on the forehead was only one of them. Kiera shuttered as he said that today had been a bad day. That was an understatement if she ever heard one. She smiled slightly. "More like a bad couple of weeks." she amended his sentence, not knowing that she spoke what he was thinking. Some of the worry in her eyes vanished as James promised her that he would do nothing stupid. Her body relaxed from the tension. Kiera had in fact been worried he would do something reckless in order to find those papers he so desperately wanted. She smiled up at him. "Thank you. I can't stand the thought of something happpening to you." she told him. There was love in her voice. If something happened to James, it would destroy her as well. Kiera felt James' hand on her chin as he lifted her face up to kiss her. Even after a year of marriage, he still sent shivers down her spine. Her arms snaked around his neck as she kissed him back.

As they broke the kiss, James caught her off guard as he asked if she wanted to have children. She knew this had to be in response to what she had told Cynthia. Of course, Kiera had lied to the reporter. The decision of children was not information she was willing to discuss with the wizarding public. Kiera thought about the question for a moment. If they had a child now, it wouldn't be completely out of the question to compete in the next Olympics. It was three years until then so even after a year she would still have two more to get back into competition mode. However, Quidditch would be out of the question at least for a season or two. Considering all of that, Kiera nodded her head. "I want to have children with you. I only said that to Cynthia to try and discredit what she overheard. It was worth a shot even if it didn't work." she said with a shrug. Kiera didn't guess his reasoning behind his willingness. At his next sentence, Kiera laughed and playfully smacked his chest. "You sound like Cameron." she said, still grinning. Her older brother was constantly worrying that she was too thin. "I'm plenty big enough." she said confidently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back