Taming the spider

Andrew Bruke

Andrew found himself in Bulgaria wanting to explore the country where somewhere in the North Durmstrang was said to be located. Now that he knew how much better that Academy of magic could have been to him, he sighed wishing he would have been sent there instead of Hogwarts and got a first hand at Dark Arts that he was now being trained for which maybe wouldn't have been necessary if he graduated in Durmstrang but nothing could be done, not now. He was spending two nights of the weekend here before going back to New Zealand and he tried to make the best of it.

It was winter here in the Northern Hemisphere, the season change sucked and Andrew was wearing clothes that would help him and holding an umbrella like a stupid muggle because he was walking through a muggle area or else he would have just put a simple charm on him and avoided the winter rain. He sighed as he entered a bar and making his way through it came out on the other side where Bulgarian wizarding world was located, he grinned. He decided to get some lunch for himself in one of the wizarding restaurants and see if he could find someone interesting to make conversation with and get to know about this place.

What made Sunako come to the muggle realm. She didn't even like muggles. They were slow, stupid and without much of sense of awareness. Then again her mother was a muggle. Scratch that Sunako didn't much like her bright sunshiny mother. The woman had a talent for getting on her last nerve. Sunako held no umbrella because her hood was waterproof by charm and it went all the way over her head. She was waring her usual black trench over her black robes so she didn't seem as strange as she would have if she were waring her robes alone. Most just thought that she didn't like the water much. What people would say something about was her cage full of rats.

Now she remembered why she had come to the muggle side of Bulgaria. She had gotten word of a pet store with a breed of rat that was not native to this place. She had been experimenting with different types of blood. None if it human because she hadn't gotten the chance to gain some. Whenever she did it was a blessing. In her ears was a magical music player which was playing a song by "Emilie Autumn". At first Sunako had thought that this woman was a muggle and there for not worth listening to but then she had gotten word that this woman was just pretending to be muggle and was really a witch. That and the lyrics to her songs where delightfully depressing. In this state was how Sunako bumped into someone holding an umbrella. "Excuse me." She said simply but not too kindly.

Just as Andrew was walking through the narrow path between the wizarding and muggle world he banged into someone. "Sorry" he apologized to the girl who seemed about fifteen years old or so. He did notice at once that the hood that she wore was on water proof charm and he could sense the magic coming from her, she was no muggle she was a witch. But that was not what interested him most. The rats in the rat cage, maybe three of them were struggling to be let out and he was curious as to what the girl planned on doing with them. Her tone wasn't the best but that was not a problem because many great witches and wizards weren't the kindest, but they were great.

"Not your pets are they?"he asked her with a smile hoping to get a glimpse of her face which was hidden behind the hood. It was the hood and her height that masked her face from his eyes, he could not bend to see her because that was rude. He tapped a few bricks with his wand opening the way to the wizarding world.

Sunako shook her head under her hood. "No, my pets are of a more... unique, nature." She said her voice dragging out the word unique a little. Her smooth slow voice underlined by lifelessness was something that made Sunako feared in Drumstrang. It was a voice that underlined death as most people would seem. "These little ones are going to be dissected and stored for when I need potions ingredients. I'm no longer allowed to use the ones at school. Not since I melted the skin off the hand of one of my school mates. His fault really, shouldn't have said anything about my raven." She said as if melting skin wasn't anything to be sorry for. The school tried to restrict her but Sunako was a smart girl. If she couldn't use the supplies at school she would find her own.

A wind came by and Sunako's hood came down for a moment. Straight, short black hair framed a roundish face and large doll like eyes which had a glint in them that made them look more red than brown. She was pretty in the way that her cousin was beautiful. Of course this had been a result of a few charms to take some of her cousin's looks away from her. Sunako had also been forced to cut her hair. Before it had been nearly waist lainth and used to hide her face from the world. Quickly Sunako out her hood back on to keep the rain from her face. She wasn't a vain girl but Sunako hated getting wet.

Andrew smiled as the girl described her pets to be more unique. As she told him about what these rats were going to be used for and how she had melted someone's skin back at school, he was sort of impressed by her. As the gust of wind blew down her hood, he got a glimpse of her face. It was pretty in a different way than he had seen the other pretty faces but he couldn't quite identify how it was different from others. She was Asian, maybe Japanese he noticed and by her words she seemed like she could make a good company.

"Unique people are ought to have unique pets" he told her with another smile as they walked into the wizarding restaurant which was the entrance to the wizarding world. Andrew had his unique snakes, one which was twenty years old who had been given this long life span by some complicated spells and it belonged to his dead mother and spoke to Andrew, who spoke back in Parseltongue, it was interesting to watch if one got a chance. "And of course insulting someone's pet can be nasty, I wouldn't tolerate it either" he added with a grin as the waiter came to them and asked if they would like anything. Looking down at the girl as she put her hood up again, he introduced himself "I'm Andrew Bruke" "Do you plan to stay in the restaurant?" he asked her.

Sunako wondered for while, thinking about whether or not she wanted to go or stay here. Finally she decided to stay. The boy was being civil and however pleasing it was to listen to the depressing lyrics of a woman who should have been crucified for turning muggle Sunako could only listen to so much before she got the itch to drive a dagger in someone. Slowly she nodded and took a spot across from Andrew. "My name is Sunako Watanuki, former member of the slave born family Watanuki, servant to the Koshiba." She said as she bowed her head. It was taught to her that her status and position should be known to anyone who she meets. Not that Sunako ever really met people. She didn't like to talk much to anyone.

"It wasn't my fault that Jj was hungry and that he now has the ability to eat human flesh. It was just a side affect." Sunako said thinking of her raven. Jj the raven was unique in the fact that after Sunako was done with him the bird could open it's beak in four sections and eat a person's hand whole. The open pink flesh had teeth embedded in it for eating. When it was all done the mouth closed up into a normal beak again. She told all this to Andrew. "Some people call my pets monsters. Abominations against nature. So what if I'm helping evaluation along." She said with a slight smile on her now exposed face. There was no rain in here so she didn't need to have to hood up.

Andrew grinned as the girl joined him, she was going to be an interesting company, he was sure of that. He heard as she introduced herself and said she was from the family that were slaves to the Koshiba. Of course he knew one Koshiba, Hoshi who he had been good friends with back at school. He didn't quite get the whole Japanese wizardry customs but he went along with what he was told. "Koshiba as in Hoshi Koshiba's family?"he asked her because he also knew that Asian families had huge clans and stuff and they were interrelated but very different at the same time. "Nice to meet you Sunako, I am Andrew Bruke, Hogwarts graduate and hopefully soon to be healer" he told her with a smile.

Andrew heard, paying attention as Sunako spoke of her Raven Jj and how it ate human flesh, it was surely interesting because Andrew had never heard of such a raven before. He watched her slight smile on her face and said "People have a tendency to talk, especially those with no work to occupy them. I let them bark as long as they like because nothing they say would change a thing" he told her as the waiter came to ask for their orders. "What would you like Sunako?"he asked the girl.

Sunako looked at Andrew now very intrested. "You know my mistress Hoshi-sama?" She asked but she knew that this was foolish. If he mentioned her of course he knew her. Hoshi was a very populer girl after all, something that she never failed to use to her advantage. Sunako on the other hand had no popularity to her name. All she had was her potions and her cleaverness. Sunako tended to hate people most of the time. "Yes the very same. Her father is my uncle by marrage. Or at least used to be. The devorce was never made final. Still I am her servent and Hoshi-sama I am to give my life. Luckily for me I am more requred to take life." She said as she pulled her legs up on the chair. Sunako didn't often go to reterunts because of the ways she liked to sit, squated down on the chair or with her legs up on it scrunched up right under her chin.

Sunako shrugged. "I don't see how that can be. There is always something to do. For me there's always some new poison to put together, some new gene that has yet to be untapped. No stone can be left unturned." She said. It was her life's work really, to take things as they once were and make them greater if someone would call it that. "I don't often eat." She said looking at the menu from afar. It was true. she didn't often eat because she was too busy doing one thing or another. She drank a lot though. "If they have it can I have a black tea soda?" She asked.

Andrew nodded to Sunako's question. It was sort of weird to hear his friend being referred to as mistress but he would deal with it, after all that was nothing compared to what Sunako might be going through, a young girl being someone's servant, it was pathetic but as she spoke of it, it seemed there was no choice. He gave her a smile as he heard her speak. "Whose life do you take, Sunako?"he asked her curiously. He didn't do the mistake of under estimating the girl because he himself had murdered at the age of sixteen and that meant anyone was capable to take lives. He watched as she pulled up her legs, he didn't mind after all everyone had their own ways to comfort.

"Not all people like to occupy themselves as wisely as others" he said with a smile. He was liking the girl's aura, it was different, unlike any other girl he had known. "Two years back, I realized the right track for myself and joined the dark forces for I hate muggles and muggleborns" he told her because he saw no harm in sharing it with her after all she was telling him her story.The waiter nodded and Andrew ordered a firewhiskey for himself. "What school do you attend, Sunako?"he asked her curiously.

Sunako chuckled a little now but there was no smile to her pail face. "That Andrew-sama is infromation best left to myself and no one else." She said lowering her head to show rispect. Sunako had gone on missions before with her heads of guild but had never actually put the killing blow to anyone yet. It was always someone else that injected her poison, used her poweder or sank her poison dipped dagger into someone's chest. but this would chaing when the guild thought her a full member of their fold.

Sunako nodded. "This is true. I have a hatred for people like that. I despise lazyness Andrew-Sama above all else. I hate people who use their idle time to waist way even more. We have short lives why not spend them working on something." She said truthfully. Sunako hated to wast time. She could always been seen working on something that she thought was of marit to work on. Or something that the Koshiba thought was of marit for her to work on. Whatever the case Sunako always had something to do. "That is what you believe and you passion and there is no one that can tell you otherwise." She said steadily. Yes Sunako seemed to hate muggles but this was only because Sunako hated people in genaral. She made no distiction between people in genaral other than annoying and not annoying.

Andrew grinned as Sunako said that whose life she liked to take was for herself and no one else, she was smart and clever because others he knew did give away hints about their enemies and friends but she was unlike them. Of course the soul was ripped when a life was taken but that was all for the emotional sort to believe, Andrew had already suceeded in killing his father and he was very sure his soul was still present, very much alive and feeling happier than before.

He smiled as the waiter brought they drinks and he took his and sipped the firewhiskey, it was good for his throat and he always liked the taste. He heard Sunako's reply, she seemed to be neutral like leaving everyone with their own idea and sticking with her own. "So what are you doing here Sunako, seems like you're on a break from school but alone, have you got no siblings or friends?"he asked her hoping that would not upset her or anything.

There was no reason to. Sunako was undergoing training as an killer after all. She would take the lives of many nameless faces and not even remember every single one. Sunako didn't mind this either, she had seen her first corps and enjoyed it the way she had thought she was going to enjoy it. She was sure Andrew had taken life with his hands the way he was talking about it. He had as dark a nature as she did the only thing was that he was doing this for a purpose, Sunako on the other just liked the feel of blood on her hands. As twisted as this was she had grown to accept this about herself.

The black tea soda was placed in front of her and she took it on to her knees. "I was picking up the rats that I heard about." She said simply. "I prefer to be along most of the time. People are creatures of light, making nice with each other and doing things that creatures of light do. I belong in the darkness where I can do my work in peace with no one looking at me as if I were some kind of monster that should be killed on the spot. They don't say it but I know that the people around me think it." She said absolutely sure that no one understood her. Oh there were those that shared interests with her but other than that Sunako doubted that even they would understand her ways and mannerisms. This was something that Sunako kept to herself most of all.

Andrew almost chuckled as Sunako said people thought she was a monster who was to be killed at the spot. "I don't think you're a monster Sunako. In fact you are a very clever girl who seems to share some things in common with me" he told her with a smile. Andrew sipped his drink being glad he had met Sunako. "What sorts of potions do you make? What do they do?"he asked her curiously because Potions and Herbology including Dark Arts where the subjects Andrew fancied but he hadn't had any good chances of making interesting potions back at Hogwarts but he was experimenting now that he was out of the school.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry was lame :doh:

A black smile crept on Sunako's face. "You are one of the few who think that." She said. There were more that would sooner climb the walls to get away from her. She looked up from her drink at Andrew. Another potions enthusiast. There were quite a few out there it seemed. The Countess loved poisons like she did and here was other one. "I like to experiment with poisons and what they can do to the body. It is a curios thing how the face can change colors sometimes or how the body goes rigged from some poisons. I'm even experimented with a poison to react with only one person." She said looking down. She could tell him these things because even if he turned on her Sunako had no record so everything would look like academic interest. All academic as she had heard somewhere.

Andrew grinned as Sunako said that he was one of the few people who thought of her as clever. "That's very nice, something I've never tried before" he said with a smile, clearly impressed of Sunako as she spoke of her experiments with poisons. "Have you experimented them on anyone?"he asked her curiously wondering if Sunako tried her poisons on others while conducting her experiments, if so how did she get away with it and of course he was even curious on about if she had invented any amazing poisons in the process.She was clever but mysterious and that was the sort of people he liked to deal with. "My very first experiment was making an aging potion in second year, it worked alright" he said remembering his first time of trying to brew an advanced potion. He did brew other potions from books and such later in the years but they weren't even close to being poisons and Sunako's skills at this seemed to exceed his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back