Talking

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amy wandered along the corridors until she reached the fourth floor. She hadn't sat here before and so she sat herself down against the wall listening to see if she could hear the sound of approaching footsteps.

[ooc; let's try to go serial-wise. Amy, Jolly and Violet. this way, we don't post at the same time :) ]

[color=660000]Jolly had been wodering the corridors, exploring the giant of a school on her own when she spotted someone ahead of her, sitting on the floor against the wall. Curiously, Jolly walked towards the person and realized that it was Amy, a fellow Gryffindor. "Watcha going here, Amy?" greeted Jolly with a smile.[/color]

Violet wandered out of the Hufflepuff common room in to the hallway. She was feeling a little bored, and was looking for something to keep her occupied. She was thinking of going to the library, until she saw Amy sitting in the corridor. Immediately, she walked over to her.
"Hey, Amy! How are you?" she asked. She also saw another first year with her that she hadn't met yet. "Hey! I'm Violet, what's your name?"

((oops, didn't see your post until after I'd posted. heh.))

Amy smiled as two people appraoched her. "Hi" she said to the Gryffindor girl who she had met in the common room, she hadn't quite caught her name yet though.
"Hey Violet!" Amy exclaimed. "Why don't you both come join me?" she asked.

[color=660000]Just as Jolly came up to Amy, another girl bounded in their direction. Jolly wasn't sure if she had seen her but Amy instantly and called her Violet. When asked to join her on the ground, Jolly nodded enthusiastically and hurried to sit on Amy's other side but accidentally, tripped on Violet's feet and went sprawling to the ground. "Ouch!" she gasped, sitting up quickly and rubbing her elbow gingerly. "I am so sorry...Violet," she said to the girl apologetically.[/color]

"Oooh, I'm sorry!" Violet exclaimed, feeling a little awkward and embarassed. She had quite long legs, and while being tall was often a blessing, sometimes it was a bit of a curse. Her legs quite often got in the way. "Are you okay?" she asked, biting her lip.

"Are you okay?" Amy asked the girl repeating Violets question. She watched as the girl sat herself down next to her. "Sit down Violet", Amy said smiling at her friend.

[color=660000]"I am fine, really," insisted Jolly, still rubbing her elbow which had hit the ground. "I am used to tripping. I am usually very clumsy. So, no worries," she told the two girls with a grin. Turning to Amy, she asked curiously, "What are you doing here, anyway? Alone and in the dark?"[/color]

"I like to just wander round the school sometimes, its nice to just have a walk sometimes" she said smiling at the two of them.

Violet sat down gracefully next to Amy, and smiled. "Yeah, wandering around the school is kind of fun. I haven't managed to get myself terribly lost yet, have you?" she asked both the girls.

"Not lost just yet!"Amy said smiling and then turned to Jolly to see her response.

[color=660000]"Actually, I have had quite some getting-lost incidents," she said with a slight blush forming her cheeks. "I can't help getting lost. This castle is so huge! That's why I decided to explore Hogwarts today."[/color]

"I know what you mean about the size of this place!" Amy said smiling, glancing around her as she done so. "Are you settling in okay then?" she asked.

"It's huge!" Violet exclaimed. "Much bigger than anywhere I've ever been. But it's so beautiful. It has a lovely air about it."

[color=660000]"Yeah, I am doing good. Though I still can't sleep properly at night," Jolly answered Amy with a shrug. It had been like this from the beginning. Jolly couldn't sleep in new places. Until she started feeling like home at Hogwarts, she wouldn't be able to get a good night's sleep.

"Much bigger than anywhere I've ever been. But it's so beautiful. It has a lovely air about it."

"Yeah, definitely," she nodded with an awed face. "This place fascinates. There's so much to learn and explore about this castle. Maybe we should do that sometime. How about the weekend?" she suggested eagerly.[/color]

Violet nodded eagerly. "That sounds like a really good idea. I've looked at the grounds but I haven't had much of a look inside yet!"

"That sounds likea great idea!" Amy said nodding along with Violet. "Ive wandered around a lot inside and outside" she said smiling.

"I just hope we don't end up in any freaky places!" Violet exclaimed, laughing.

[ooc; I gotta go now. Can we continue this thread tomorrow? Thanks]

[color=660000]"Excellent," said Jolly happily, clapping her hands excitedly. "I love to explore, don't you?" Just as she said it, a spider crawled down the wall and landed right on her shoulder. "AHHHHH!" Jolly shrieked loudly, shaking herself violently to get rid of the thing sitting on her shoulder. "Get it off me!" she shouted to the two girls. Jolly was afraid of little creatures.[/color]

((no problem! =D))

Violet shrank back when she saw a spider land on Jolly's arm. She shuddered. She truly hated spiders. Insects and arachnids...she wasn't a big animal fan at all, to be honest. But the owls in the Owlery were okay, and she loved cats. She gave a little squeal.

Amy couldn't help but laugh as a spider landed itself on her shoulder. Moving over she quickly encouraged the spider into her hand, then placed it carefully on the floor a way away.

Violet made a face. "If there's anything I don't like about Hogwarts, it's that maybe it's just a little...um, too rustic? The spiders aren't particularly nice!" She laughed.

Amy laughed at Violets comment. "I don't really mind spiders myself" she said smiling and shrugging. "They don't hurt you, so I don't really mind them!" she explained.

[color=660000]Jolly heaved a huge sigh of relief when Amy took the spider from her shoulder and put it elsewhere. "Oh my GOD!" she exclaimed, taking deep calming breaths to reduce the pace of rapid heartbeats. "I hate those things! They truly freak me out," she told Amy and Violet, panting slightly, as if she had just run a marathon.[/color]

Violet shrugged. "I suppose they're better for the world than other creepy crawlies!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back