Talking to myself is boring conversation.

Linden Kinnek

His Snowflake ❄️ Magizoologist 🦡

OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
Linden didn't know what was going on with him. how had he messed it all up. It was his NEWT year and he was drastically behind in his classes. he had lost his touch at quidditch and had probably been lucky that the last game had been over so quickly he hadn't had to do anything. and then Halloween happened. it had meant to be a fun night. him and tara hanging out. they ad organised it ages ago. give him someone to go with so he wasn't thinking about the last dance he had been to with Lucas all night. and give her the chance to go with someone as she didn't seem to be mixing well with people at school other than him and cas. but then of course cas had appeared and turned his hang out with his sister into a mess of speechlessness and saying the wrong things or saying the right things. and saying what he meant but not meaning what he said. he sighed. as he headed outside hoping that some fresh air could clear his head. the dorm and by association the entire hufflepuff house felt oppressive today. he had tried studying in the library but couldn't focus on his potions. and care of magical creatures had him itching to go outside and muck out the hippogriffs or even measure the flobberworms. okay. maybe he wasn't quite that desperate but professor Burleigh was nowhere to be found anyway. he didn't want to go to the quidditch pitch in case Lucas was there or the arts room where he had started hanging out to do his homework in case cas was there. so he just started to walk around the edge of the lawn hoping that that at least would get rid of some of his frustration and quieten the arguing voices in his brain. especially as his pace sped up from a walk to a jog nearing a run.

-godmod approved-

Jordie had to admit, this had been an absolutely crazy. He'd booked himself entirely too much and he didn't know how to let any of it go. He found a little relief though, in the fact that he still kept up with his twice a day runs. They helped him clear his head. He had just rounded the corner of the lake, making it past the trees, when he literally ran into someone. Jordie yelled as they stumbled to the ground. "Ow," he whined, staying on the ground a moment until the stars in his vision faded.

Linden had never understood his mum or Willow's enjoyment of running. it seemed like a fairly pointless way of exercising. why run in a line or circle if you could be running after a ball playing soccer. but he was starting to realise that it was a great way to clear his head. focusing on one foot in front of the other and breathing stopped his thoughts from going in circles. he just rounded a corner when he went smashing into someone his momentum knocking them to the ground. he stumbled but managed to prevent himself from falling on top of them. once he was stable on his feet he looked down and saw it was Jordie on the floor. he felt a little guilty not only for knocking him on the floor but also because he had said that he would go running with him but never had. "sorry Jordie. are you okay?" he asked offering him a hand to help him up.

Jordie blinked, focusing on Linden. He smiled though and took Lindens hand. "Fancy running into you," he laughed, getting to his feet and dusting himself off. "Avoiding the captain?" He asked, figuring Linden may quite literally be running from Lucas.

Linden was glad that Jordie didn't seem hurt or upset after his fall. in fact he smiled at him a smile that he returned. "We were bound to run into each other at some stage." he retorted. letting the boy get to his feet and dust himself off. at the next question he hesitated for a split moment longer than necessary "umm, no. just running to get my mind straight. and maybe a bit of space from both my dorm mates" he said. he wasn't exactly actively avoiding Lucas. well, no more than he had been. well, maybe he was still avoiding him a little, but not because he was captain. and by now the action was such a habit that he had hardly noticed. "did you want to go on that run I promised you weeks ago" he asked.

Jordie laughed, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Both?" His brow furrowed. "Thats the captain and... the art guy, right? Um, Casper?" Jordie snapped his fingers as he remembered the name. He gave Linden a confused look. "Did he get paint on your hoodies or something?" Jordie asked. "I can see avoiding the captain, for obvious reason, but what did the King do?" Jordie rubbed the back of his neck. "I've been helping out down in the arts club, he seems... kinda shy, honestly." He shrugged. "Sure, I don't mind running a bit longer," He agreed.

Linden shook his head at Jordies comment. "we share a dorm. we all need our own space as well" he said. he chuckled at the idea that he was mad as cas for getting paint on his hoodie, and tried to imagine a scenario when cas would get paint on his hoodie the ideas that came to his mind made him smile and then quickly push them away. if only the problems were as easy to fix as paint. "The Captain and the King, it sounds like my dorm is very well titled" he said as jordie referred to the other boys. as much as he didn't want to he did feel a little annoyed that he hadn't got any special title in his seventh year and the way they were just so casually thrown around emphasised that point.
"I'm not avoiding them. just letting everyone have some space and getting my own" he said. "I think he is more, Cautious, than shy. and well I upset him at Halloween. but don't know how, so i thought he may want a bit of space and time" he said as he started at a leasurly jog towards the lake

Jordie studied Linden, curious. Why was Linden getting that weird sappy eyed look? Jordie ran back over what he said, he had just been asking about Lindens roommates. Did Linden have feelings for one of them? Maybe he still wasn't over the captain. He laughed lightly at Lindens comment. "Maybe, but you're still my favorite," he teased. "And that's coming from my stand point of being on the team and being Cas' assistant in the arts club,"

Jordie was exaggerating a bit, he wasn't exactly Cas' assistant, but he tried to pop in and help when he could. He started running along with Linden, laughing at Lindens question. "Well, duh. Casper has a crush on you. Everyone knows that," he countered. "He's probably more upset with himself than he is with you, I don't think he likes that he likes you," Jordie shrugged, taking a slower pace than he usually did just so Linden could keep up comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back