Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
With the pressure of exams in a few weeks weighing on Estrella's mind, she knew that she needed an outlet before she went absolutely insane. It didn't help that had arrived at the last few classes in an absolutely horrid mood. Brian's words had slipped under her skin and constantly jabbed at her, though she would be damned to admit it. Oh, how she wanted to curse the little prat into oblivion! Langlock, her newest and most favorite spell in her arsenal, had been on her mind that night. But she knew that making someone unable to speak wouldn't do any good. Words still hung in the air, and stung ten times worse when they ran through the mind and not just the ears. The Ravenclaw girl found herself at the Quidditch pitch after a rather hellish lesson of Potions.

She didn't feel a damn bit sorry for being in on faking Njord's death. The younger, more immature students had needed a good kick in the ass, and they had gotten it. And she knew better than anything that she would not be apologizing to anyone. Despite her stubborn reluctance to feel pity for any of those who had confronted her about the incident, she was still fuming over the rather nasty exchange with the Ravenclaw third year, and even days later his words were still circulating in her head.

A horrible Head Girl? She didn't think she was. A lazy prefect? No, she had worked her ass off at her job in the previous years. And she could be struck dead if she hadn't done anything when Alicia was kidnapped. Maybe, just maybe, she was so angry at Brian because he had spewed an utter mess of lying vomit.

Clutching her Amethyst Streak, Estrella scanned the skies with her dark eyes. It was cloudy out, and a little windy, but the weather didn't seem like it would get any worse in the near future. She sorely wanted to grab a beater's bat and use Brian's face as a practice bludger, but fortunately she strayed away from the broom shed. With a sigh she kicked off of the grass, exhaling as she accelerated in speed and vaulted into the air.

At first Estrella didn't feel any better or worse, her stomach churning as she spun around the pitch. However, as time went on, she could feel the angry thoughts fading in intensity in her head, her fury slipping off of the tail of her broom. Time and the exhilarition of flying morphed her frown into a smile. Who the hell was Brian anyway? A stupid ass third year, who had no idea what he was talking about. Heck, that was right. He didn't really know her. The school hadn't even seen fit to make him a prefect. The Ravenclaw girl shouldn't even really care about him at all.

With an new burst of confidence, the brunette rushed in a straight line, slipping through the left quidditch hoop and managing to come out of it with any scrapes or bruises. She was glad that she had come out of here after all, and, of course, that she had thought to bring a hair tie

With his broom slung over his shoulder, Ford sauntered down to the quidditch pitch. He hadn't been there since he had gone to Britain for a time. It felt nice to be back here, it was almost homely. In a way, Ford was happier at that point than he had been since his return. All he'd gotten was slapped, punched, and crotch rocked. As he walked onto the pitch, he felt his spirits lift, this was his home. Here he was in control and could take down anyone or anything that got in his way. This was his world.

Since his encounter with Lily and Blake, Ford had quickly realized that his chances of getting on the Slytherin team were slim to none. At first he had been angry, more so than he would normally have been, at Blake. But once he cooled down, he became determined to make the best of the situation. If he was going to make it in a professional quidditch club, Ford needed to be leagues above his fellow students. By not being on the team, he was given the opportunity not to be dragged down by their slipshod performances on the pitch.

He came to the middle of the pitch and positioned himself on his broom, hovering a few feet in the air. Suddenly, he heard someone. Just what I needed, he thought, Someone else to harass me. He looked around and saw a figure flying around, upon closer inspection he saw it was Estrella Drage. He had never been exactly close to the girl, but he did hold a respect for her. She was competent enough, and although not a Slytherin, she was in Ravenclaw, which was much better than the alternatives. Flying up to where she was, he wondered if the girl still was close to her cousin. Ba'al's left nut, I hope not.

"Drage." He called out, somehow managing to keep his apathetic air about him.

Just as she was about to spiral into a dive, a voice ricocheted in Estrella's eardrums. She of course was more than a little startled. The girl hadn't seen anyone on the pitch, and hadn't expected to be approached in any case. Her mouth twisted into a frown as she discerned her last name. Usually, people didn't call her by her last name, and if they did, they usually did not do so in such an indifferent tone. A slight groan escaped her lips, considering she wasn't all that excited to be called out about the prank, not after she had been spending her time to get over a similar encounter.

The voice sounded familiar, but she couldn't place it. Turning her head to see the speaker, her eyes lit up in surprise as she took in Ford Harkonnen. She had seen the Slytherin boy a few times since his return. Exactly where he had been, she didn't know. She attempted to look more friendly as she grinned back at him. "Why hello, Harkonnen," she replied warmly, "I apologize if I seemed unwelcoming at first, I thought you might be some snot nosed prat coming to tell me what a horrible person I am." She snorted, and added, "Unless that is your mission, of course?"

The Ravenclaw girl looked over the Slytherin boy. He had definitely grown considerably since his tenure away from Hogwarts New Zealand. She brought her broom to a slight hover, glad to have agreeable company. Estrella had never known Ford well, but she had always respected him. Besides that, he was an excellent Quidditch player, and if he stuck around would probably be a good companion for flying. She knew that Sophia and Ford were not getting along well by the argument that had ensued between the two Slytherins in the Great Hall, but she wasn't about to hold that against him. Relationship drama was something that she wanted to stay the hell away from. Being oblivious to it altogether made life much easier.

Ford was pleased with Drage's response and demeanor. It had been a while since he had been around anyone friendly since his return. It was as if he was a magnet for the girl-crazy. She was a good placement in Ravenclaw, though. She used her brain, unlike some others Ford could think of, which was one of the many reasons saw her as a person and respected her as such. It seemed as though, also, that every girl around had grown in Ford's absence. He was not entirely displeased with the results, either. Despiting having seen Drage during his argument iwth Sophia in the Great Hall, he hadn't really taken note of her appearance; his mind had been on other topics at that point.

He flew in a lazy orbit or decreasing radius until he was in a freindly distance, "I suppose it could be if you found it to be desired," he grinned. Not his usual, predatory grin, but a more friendly, jesting one. "But I would have some trouble managing. Given what I've heard, you were in on the best prank this school's seen yet." His expression was similar to a proud father looking at his daughter, seeing her having grown up before his eyes. He made a mock salute, "I'm quite jealous."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back