OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
((If you wish to join the simply PM me and ask! Thanks! :) ))

Kat had been sitting in her room for hours working on homework. By now everything had started running together and was no longer making any sense whatsoever. She decided to get up and stretch her legs a little bit. Kat made her way out of the castle and took off across the school grounds for a walk. She was glad that she had brought her sweater with her as it was quite chilly out and there was a cool autumn breeze blowing swiftly. She walked along feeling the wind in her hair and the sun on her face. This is nice! she thought to herself. Things were finally starting to feel normal for her again. She had accepted the fact that Makato wasn't coming back and she was finally okay with it. She was over him almost completely and rarely thought of him. Kat was loving life and being here at school. It almost seemed as if nothing could go wrong.

Amy had decided that even though it was slightly breezy and thereforeslightly cold, she would take herself out for a walk. Walking down out of the castle and onto the lawn she felt the cool breeze rush over her face and closed her eyes to take a deep breath. She loved this weather, even if it was slightly windy, it was refreshing. Hugging her jumper tighter to her she decided to continue walking so that she wouldn't get too cold. Mulling things over her head she wasn't really watching where she was going and stopped abruptly, looking up to see Kat walking ahead of her. She didn't really know her very well, only had brief conversations with her in groups. Thinking that it might be nice to get to know some more of her fellow house mates she sped up her walk so that she drew level with her. "Hi Kat" Amy said smiling, as she so often did. "Mind if I walk with you?" she asked politely. Kat was older then her and she didn't want to bug her.

Kat had been just walking and thinking when she heard someone say her name. She looked over to see Amy walking beside her and said with a cheery tone, "Hiya Amy! Yeah i'd like the company! So...how have things been going for you? Are classes going well?" Kat didn't have many close friends in her own house as most of her friends were in Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff (and older than she was) so she thought it might be nice to get to know someone from her own house a little bit better.

Amy walked along with Kat as she asked her questions. "Schools going well and I'm really enjoying lessons, theres so much to learn!" she said smiling happily, the wind rushing through her hair. "What about you?" she asked politely.

Kat listened to Amy as they continued to walk along the school grounds, wind whipping across her face making her cheeks very pink. "Things are good on this end. Been super busy studying though. I'm hoping to make prefect next year and I also want to be able to take all the electives that they offer here, so gotta keep my grades way up!" she said happily. Kat looked off across the school grounds, she loved this time of year. Everything was so pretty when the leaves began to change colors. They walked on a little further in silence before she asked, "Tell me a little about yourself. I swear I hardly know anyone in our house anymore. It's gotten so big. We didn't have nearly this many people in Gryffindor last year."

"Electives?" Amy asked quizically, "What are they?" she asked curiously. Her hands had started to get really cold from the wind and so she shoved them in her pockets to keep them warm. "Oh me? Nothing special. Hmm, I can speak french quite well if that counts" she said laughing. "What about you? Any hidden talents?!" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah electives. Things like muggle studies, care of magical creatures, divintation. Those kinds of classes that not everyone takes, but i'm hoping to take them all." she said as they walked on. "Wow, i've never known how to speak another language. That's pretty cool!" she said enthusiastically and then added, "I've recently discovered that I can talk to new people without feeling the urge to pass out. Not really a hidden talent I guess, but it's a new one for me." Kat laughed and then said, "I was sort of the shy clumsy girl last year. Didn't talk to alot of people, but now for some reason it doesn't bother me. I'm really starting to come out of my shell." They walked on a little further before she inquired, "So...are you going to be trying out for the quidditch team this year? Whoah, sorry that was a total Bruin moment!" Kat laughed at her own comment and realized that it was actually true.

"Oh right, I'm with you now!" Amy said laughing. "Well thats good then!" Amy said happily. "I used to be like that but coming here, I don't know, it's like I've been thrown in the deep end of a swimming pool without knowing how to swim! Sink or swim kind of thing!" Amy laughed. "Okay that really makes no sense at all" she said still laughing. "Try out for the Quidditch team? I don't know if I'm good enough, plus, I don't know anything about Quidditch" she added a little shyly.

Kat smiled at Amy and said with a hint of encouragement, "Oh trust me, no one could have been worse than me last year!" Kat remembered one practice when she had shown her true clumsiness and decided to share, "Last year, at one of our first practices, Bruin was hitting baseballs at us. Well I had been doing fairly well, nothing spectacular, but I was holding my own in any case. I went after one and when I reached out for it I flipped head first over the end of my broom and landed flat on my back." Kat flinched slightly, remembering how badly it had hurt at the time, but then shrugged and laughed it off and said, "You should really consider trying out though. Ya never know, you might end up being the star player or something like that!" She hoped that this gave Amy some encouragement and made her feel a bit more confident in her skills.

Amy laughed at Kats story, "That must have hurt?!" she exclaimed after Kat had told her what had happened. She felt slightly more confident, but she was still slightly unsure. She knew absoloutly nothing about Quidditch and wasn't sure if she wanted to embaress herself infront of the other Gryffindors just yet. "I'm not sure I'll end up being a star player!" she said laughing. However Kat had given her something to think about. Maybe she would try out. She didn't know what position exactly for, but she decided to give it a think over and get in some more flying practise.

"Yeah, it hurt terribly at the time, but the nurse fixed me up and sent me on my merry little way. You really should consider trying out." Kat said almost pleadingly. Holy flying hippogryffs i'm starting to sound like Bruin! she thought to herself with a little bit of a snort. "So where are you from?" Kat asked curiously as HNZ seemed to have a melting pot of people from all over the place.

"Thats okay then!" Amy said with a smile. "I'll think about it, definently!" she added after Kat had told her she should consider it. She would think about it, for sure. "Oh I'm from London England! What about yourself?" she asked curiously.

"Surrey! Well originally, but my family lives in New Zealand now. Both my parents took jobs with the ministry here so we had to move. I loved it there though and my grandparents still live there." Kat rambled on before asking, "So are you muggle born? I'm half blood myself, kinda like having the best of both worlds ya know." Kat smiled as she thought about her family. She couldn't wait to see them all over winter holidays.

"It must be nice to have family here and in Surrey!" Amy said with a smile. She listened as Kat talked about her parents. She was unsure if she wanted to go there but she knew people would find out anyway. "Im half blood myself, my dads a muggle and my mum was a witch" she said, attempting to put a smile on her face.

"Oh really! That's pretty neat. I have loads of family that are muggles..." Kat trailed off as she noticed that Amy didn't look particularly happy about the present subject. "What's wrong? Did I say something?" she inquired nervously. She had hoped she hadn't offended Amy by asking her blood status, as it had never really mattered to her.

"Oh no nothings wrong its nothing you said!" she said, she hadn't meant to come across that what Kat had said was bad. "No really its nothing you said at all!" she said smiling at her.

"Yeah I'm fine really" she said smiling. "So do you have any pets then?" she asked, trying to get over the apparent awkwardness of the situation.

Kat gave Amy an odd look at the quick change of subject, but figured it best not to press the subject any further. She considered Amy's question and answered, "Yeah actually I do! I have a snowy owl named Lavender that's here at school and then I have a cat and dog at home! What about you?"

"Oh wow a snowy owl!" Amy said smiling. "I have a dog too! What kind of dog do you have then?" she asked enthustiastically.

"Terrier. Her name's Chloe and I have a white persian who's named Cymber! What kind of dog do you have?" Kat asked as they continued to walk along, though the wind was really picking up and it looked as though it might come a storm.

"Terrier, their really nice! I have an english springer, Dylan. Hes mad as anything though" she said smiling, thinking about how much Dylan would love the grounds here, running round everywhere.

"Aww! How incredibly cute!" Kat said with a grin, thinking about her own dog. She looked up at the sky and noticed that it was getting quite dreary looking outside. Oh I sure hope it doesn't rain within the next little bit. We'll be drenched! she thought to herself before turning to Amy and saying, "I think that we might want to start heading back up to the castle. Looks like it's fixing to come a down pour."

Amy saw Kat look up at the sky and turned her attention upwards as well. It looked dangerous, as if the clouds were going to release their rain any moment. "Yeah I think thats a good idea!" Amy said smiling at Kat.

"Alrighty then! Sounds good!" Kat said as she turned and waited for Amy to follow. Just then it started to rain, nothing too terrible, just a light sprinkle, but it would most likely get worse if they didn't hurry up. "Race ya back to the castle!" Kat said laughing as she took off in a sprint towards the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back