Taking a break

Kevin Cameron

OOC First Name
Summer
Kevin wiped his brow as he sat down on a bench. In one hand he had a small bag with his lunch in and the other held his tool box. Even though he was a plumber, the tools were just for show, he had managed to put his wand onto a spanner and it only took a small amount of t ime to fix any problem he was faced with.
The man settled himself so he was comfertable and started on his lunch. Recently he had been having a stroke of good luck, he had been getting along with his Ex-wife better and he was seeing his son more often. Add that to his increase in businass and you got a very happy Kevin.

Sarah looked around frantically, she was lost. It was almost as if it was a family business, getting lost. her first day in New Zealand wasn't going as well as she had hoped it would. She looked around straitening out her green dress. She walked further, wondering if it was a left or right now. She didn't care anymore, so she went find a place to sit down. Walking ahead a little bit more she saw a man, muscular in build, sitting on a bench. She walked over a bit shyly and asked, "um... may i s-sit down?" she asked, smiling slightly.

Kevin looked up from the pasty he had started to eat and his eyebrows shot right up. There was a younger woman in a small green dress asking if she could sit by him. The man swallowed his mouthful before answering.

"Umm, sure. I'll just move my tools." He took the toolbox off of the seat so she could sit down. He felt slightly underdressed next to this woman in his blue jumpsuit with his name stitched in.

She smiled at him and watched him move his tools. She took a seat and said, "I'm Sarah," her voice was soft, which wasn't always the case. She had always had trouble being open with new people; and he was no exception. She waited for him to introduce himself, not noticing the name sewn into his jumpsuit.

Kevin smiled at Sarah as she introduced herself. "Kevin." He replied before taking another bite out of his cornish pasty. He felt kind of rudde to be sittin ghere eating but that was overpowered by the hunger he felt from nit having eating since his dinner last night.

'Kevin,' she toyed with the name in her mind. It fit him well. She looked away fro a second then back at him. "Lunch break i take it," she said more as a comment than anything.

Kevin smiled as she commented on his little break time. "It's the only time I get out of my day." He said with a grin. "I have a very busy day ahead of me." It was true, he had seven different houses to get to before the day ended and they were all in different area's around New Zealand. He always tried to get there by truck but, if he was running really late, he wouls sometimes resort to apparating.

She felt bad now for interrupting it. "I'm sorry if I've interrupted!" she said. She always felt like she had to apologize, even if things weren't her fault. She smiled slightly, it was apologetic but it was also a kind sweet smile. "W-what do you do anyways?"

Kevin chuckled as she apologised. "Not at all, it's not every day I get to talk to such a lovely lady as I eat my lunch. It's a pleasure to have you with me." He had always known how to charm people, it was one of the reasons his son was good with calming down upset people and helping people. At Sarah's next question he grinned in anticipation of her reaction. Not very many wizards had an occupation like his but he enjoyed it and probably got paid more than they did in the long run. "I'm a plumber for Muggles."

She blushed when he called her a lovely lady. She glanced away a bit and smiled, showing her white teeth. She waited for his answer, and when he said plumber she let her eyes widen. "Really, you work for muggles? What's it like?" She asked. She had once worked for muggles, but a plumber must be interesting. She had always been interested in maintenance, and housing.

Kevin chuckled at her response and placed his pasty back into the bag with the rest of his food, he could eat during the truck drive. "It's pretty simple, I charge a fee that they think is ridiculous, then I use magic to fix it so it takes barely any time and then they complain that they aren't paying me enough. I do make sure they're not in the room with me when I use the magic though. That's to dangerous." Each appointment took about five to ten mintues on average so he was set and normally had alot of spare time. "Have you got a job then"

She listened, intrigued. "That's so cool." she said smiling brightly. He then asked if she had a job. "Um not anymore. I was working at a hotel over in Japan, but... well i got fired." She said. She didn't know why she had explained all that. She could have just said no to him. She felt weird about this, but in a good way.

Kevin frowned. "Well, that's not good, what happened?" He was an awful lot like his son, that included their noseyness and their want to help alot of people. It was those trait that Kevin guessed, were the reason Teddy got into Hufflepuff.

She smiled and sighed. "They think that i stole stuff from the people's room. But i didn't, i was just working that floor that night." She rolled her eyes. "muggles are so simple sometimes." She didn't hate them, but she hated how they were sometimes.

Kevin frowned, she seemed like a nice person so far. "That's a pretty serious accusation." He felt it was time to change the topic, theivery wasn't the best thing to talk about when you try to get to know someone. "So, have you got any family, kids." He paused for a second before realising he didn't know how old she was. "Not to be rude but how old are you?"

She smiled and shrugged. She didn't care what they thought... she knew the real reason she was fired. She smiled as he asked about her family and then her age. "Well i am living with my niece and her cousin. But not much for family really. And i turned 21 three months ago." She smiled at him. "What about you, do you have any family? And how old are you?" she was curious to learn a lot about this guy. She could just imagine them being friends.

Kevin grinned when she answered his questions and he could just imagine his ex-wife's voice telling him off for 'consorting' with such a young lady. "I have a son called Teddy who is in his first year at Hogwarts at the moment, his mother named him not me. I am 39 but living as a 25 year old." He chuckled at his last comment but it was true. He had not mellowed as he grew older, instead he grew more carefree and still acted life a child at some points.

"Really, my niece will be starting in the coming year!" She smiled at him. Her mind tried to twist around the fact that he was 39, it was really hard to believe. He was so young, and not to mention cute! She kept smiling though and giggled softly at his last comment. "Well that's great! Immaturity is so much more fun!" She watched the sky as a bird flew overhead.

Kevin grinnned at the news of her neice. "That's great, If she makes it into Hufflepuff tell me and I'll get Teddy to help her along a bit." He laughed at her last comment aswell, Sarah was turning out to be quite a funny person. "That's what I thought though my Ex-Wife disagreed. I suppose that's why she's my Ex." Michalle was a great woman but she wanted to settle down and have him get a steady nine to five job. That's around the time they broke up.

"Sure of course I'll let you know." He said something about an ex wife, and though she shouldn't have thought it, she thought she was lucky. She smiled with sympathy. "Aw I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife broke up. I can't see why anyone would not want to be with you though." she said before she had even thought. She didn't regret saying it, but she felt a bit stupid.

Kevin smirked slightly at her last comment. "Nah, She wanted me to get a steady job and be a good role model for our son, it was boooooooooring." He made the end of the sentance sound like he was a whiny child before laughing. "Now what's that meant to mean then?" He joked about the very last comment, shooting her a cheeky wink before laughing a very deep laugh.

She laughed the wind chime sound. She was so happy she had found someone so much like her. "I can imagine," she said with a big grin. She smiled at his wink and said, "it means your so cute i can't believe that you don't have someone." She smiled. She felt so comfortable around Kevin, she couldn't place her finger on the reason why though.

Kevin grinned at her boldness to just come out and say stuff like that. "I'm nopt saying I haven't tried, the ladies I like don't tend to like children apparently Teddy ties me down or some cr@p like that. There was one who didn't mind but, well, lets just say she didn't stick around for long." Kevin didn't like to remember that woman, she scared both himself and Teddy.

"I don't see how someone can not like children. they say the cutest things, and can be so naive." she said smiling. though she wasn't one to talk because she was immature and naive. but still kids were awesome. "I think that people just need to see it from the kids point of view."

Kevin grinned, with pride this time, as he thought of his son. "Teddy is a great kid, he can be a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. He came up to mine for the holidays and he spent the whole time talking about how he was going to Immy's for the new year week and every conversation this girl was brought up. At the very end of the week I found out that Immy was actually his best friend and he had a girlfriend even though he was so obviously infatuated with this girl."

It had been a great holiday, the few minutes he had met Imogen she had seemed like a nice girl who seemed to like him back, he just hoped his son would wake up before any one got hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back