Taking a break

Hyo-rin nodded. "I see," she replied. "So, when's your birthday?" she asked.

Austin answered, though thinking it was an odd question, "November the nineteenth. And when would yours be?" He wondered why it mattered, but he dismissed it.

Hyo-rin smiled. "Cool. Mine's on October 27," she answered, looking back at the purple flower she was holding.

Austin laughed and shook his head, "You are older than I. I'm not used to that." He then glanced at the flower she was holding. "Do you like purple?"

Hyo-rin laughed. "Oh yes, i just realized. It means that you're supposed to bow to me, and not me to you," she said with a laugh. "And yes, i like purple," she said with a smile. "That's why the servants who serve me in the Imperial castle wear purple," she said with a chuckle.

Austin then stood up from the bench, and bowed. He grinned and then sat back down. "Was that good?" He listened and laughed, "A castle, wow, that must be great! And having servants that wear your favorite color, that must be nice too." He grinned.

Hyo-rin laughed. "Good for a first timer," she said with a grin. "I'm joking! Its really good. Maybe you have some Asian blood in you," she said with a smile. "Yeah, they use purple," she said, nodding. "And my eight year old sister, Min Hanchang, likes pink. And the guards have to wear pink. Could you imagine those poor men wearing pink?" she asked, laughing.

Austin laughed, when he heard she was joking. He shrugged, "Actually, I am an even half. French and Bulgarian. Nothing else in my blood, unfortunately." He tried to picture tough guards wearing pink. It made him laugh, a lot. "Oh, my those poor men. I wish I can see that, even my mind cannot process guards in pink."

Hyo-rin raised any eyebrow. "French and Bulgarian? Wow. And me, let's see, 70% Korean, and 30% Korean, so how much Korean do i have in me?" she asked with a laugh. "And i agree, those poor guards. Want me to teach you some Koreans words you can say to Rosalie?" she asked. "We can start by teaching you how to say 'I love you' in Korean," she said excitedly.

Austin nodded, "Odd mix." He chuckled, "Why, that makes you full-blooded Korean!" Austin nodded to her question, and then flushed a deep red. He stammered, "Uh...love? We just started dating, wouldn't that be a bit much?" He shrugged, "But I can practice saying it right, until I am ready to confess my love for her, once we get to that point." He hoped that she understood what he meant.

Hyo-rin burst into a fit of giggles. "That's for you to practice, so when you thinks it the right time, you can say it to her fluently," Hyo-rin answered with a mysterious smile. "And yes, i'm a pure Korean," she replied, nodding. "I love you in Korean is Sarang- Haeyo (sa-rung - Hey- yo) " she added.

Austin laughed, "Oh! I see. Well, let me try." He bit hip lip and then said, "Sarang" he paused, "Haeyo?" He shrugged, seeing that it didn't match her accent. He grinned, "I'll remember that. I know French, in case you would like to learn to say something." He smiled at her.

Hyo-rin laughed. "A little more practice would be better though," she said. "So, what's 'hi, i'm hyo-rin' in French Austin?" she asked.

Austin nodded, "I thought so." He thought for a moment, and letting his French accent take over, he said, "Bonjour! Je m'appelle Hyo-rin." Austin then spoke in his usual voice, "That's it." He waited to hear how she said it.

((Funny, I actually remember that from my french class. ^-^ ))

Hyo-rin looked at Austin, trying to sound just like him. "Bondjor! Jay am'apple Hyo-rin?" she asked, laughing as she did so. She really did sound funny. Her Korean accent made it impossible for her somehow.

Austin couldn't help but laugh as she said it. He replied, "Well, practice makes perfect. I probably sounded just as funny." He then added, "At least I'm not teaching you German or Bulgarian. Even I cannot speak them correctly."

'You can speak German and Bulgarian? Wow!" Hyo-rin said. "Must be tough, having to learn all this languages!" she added.

Austin laughed, "Not much, not much at all! I wanted to, but well, it is something to look forward to in the future. All I know is English and French. Very little Bulgarian and German." He grinned. Although, he would love to learn those languages soon. Especially Bulgarian.

"So, have you tried the new ice-cream flavor at Florean Fertescue's?" she asked.

Austin shook his head, "Ugh, I am not into sweets. Have flavor is it anyway?" He saw that she changed subjects veyr randomly, but felt perfectly okay with it. At least she chose some interesting ones. He smiled at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back