Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
Odette had never felt as confined by the castle before as she had at the start of this year, but ever since her half-sister had been sorted in the same house as she was, she felt less safe in the common room and even the dormitory as she had before. Not that it had ever been safe there with Hayley Elridge watching her every move and reporting it back to her enemies in Gryffindor. There was only one spot she wanted to be today, and that was high up in the air.

She had headed to the Quidditch Pitch early in the morning after tying back her hair with a pink ribbon. It was a comfort to her to look nice, though flying would be even more of a comfort. She got onto her broom and kicked into the air as soon as she was on the pitch, and she started circling the pitch, speeding up more and more as she pushed herself. Her anger, frustration and confusion were pushed to the background as she forced herself to work harder, faster, more. She wished she could beat some bludgers away but she couldn't use the supplies now, but flying on its own was enough to calm her down.

When she finally tired, she floated her broom in place and sat on it sideways, gazing up at the sky. Her hair had gotten loose for the most part, and strands of it brushed against her face from the wind. She really didn't know what she should do next, but things seemed less urgent now that she had worked through some of her emotions in this way.

Prefect. A prefect. Him? The boy who always went out looking for trouble? There was no way he'd be pulling pranks this year. Absolutely no way. Whatever his friends thought, or how much fun it always was to cause trouble, there wasn't a chance that Leo would risk losing the trust of his head of house. To him, the idea was still absurd. It would take some time to get used to it. His family had similar reactions when they received the news, and at first they honestly thought it was another one of his or his friends pranks. But of course, the Gryffindor would never think of doing such a thing. Well, maybe.

He was still reflecting on it all as he decided to take a walk, get some fresh air. His friends were nowhere to be found, so before he left the common room he spotted his broom and as an afterthought took it with him on his way out. Now, he was almost at the pitch, and his thoughts when he arrived were interrupted by a figure on a broom who supposedly had the same idea Leo did. He didn't think much of it until the figure grew closer, and he recognised the person to be Odette, though he'd only encountered her once or twice before she was still considered a friend. Leo watched her fly silently for a while, before walking in her direction once she was done. "Hey," he called, squinting. "Remember me?" He grinned, indicating to himself. Maybe she didn't, and if she didn't, he'd try his hardest to help her remember.​

As annoying as it sometimes was to be interrupted, Odette didn't mind a distraction right now. As long as that distraction wasn't someone she hated or someone she was related to, she was perfectly happy to be kept from her worries. She looked down when someone called to her and saw an older Gryffindor she recognized. Leo, she thought. He had talked to her when she was feeling down in her first year, though she couldn't remember why she had felt bad anymore, and he had been pretty nice. She still wasn't sure why, or if it had been genuine, but at least he wasn't someone she had to fight with right now. "Of course I remember you." She said with a shrug. "It's not been that long. What are you doing here? Are you going to practice?" She didn't think she had seen him on the Gryffindor quidditch team, but he could be an alternate or trying out for the team. It was sort of odd to talk to someone from this high in the air, her feet dangled as she looked at the boy, wondering if he would start flying soon too.

Leo smiled at Odette, as he neared her with his broom. Although they'd met once two years ago now, he still had the mission to befriend her, earn her trust. She had been suspicious of him that day. "It feels like a long time to me," he shrugged. When she asked Leo if he was going to practice he raised his broom to show her he had the same idea she did, except she'd come here much earlier than himself. "Yeah, I am actually, need to clear my head. Sorry for the disruption." He mounted his broom and kicked off the ground, the familiarity of it giving him joy. He flew to where Odette was because he didn't like to shout when having a conversation. "I was an alternate on the team, but decided not to try out again this year. I would've, but I wasn't sure if I really wanted to anymore. I like flying for myself. Do you play?" He asked her, genuinely interested. She flew really well. They could practice together if she wanted, if she didn't, that was also okay.

When he said it felt like a long time, she knew what he meant. But it wasn't long enough to forget someone she talked to in a time she had felt bad. She had sort of appreciated his kindness, even if she didn't know what to do with it. She watched him as he mounted his broom and kicked off, approaching her. Normally she might mind, but today she was still happy with any distraction. She frowned, however, when he said he wouldn't try out again. "Why on earth wouldn't you? You made it on the team and you're just letting that chance go? An alternate is more likely to get a real position, you know that right?" Being on the Quidditch team had been such a goal for Odette that she had a hard time understanding why anyone who liked the sport wouldn't want to be on the team. Maybe he had given up because he wasn't good enough. "Were you that bad?" She asked him bluntly. "Yes I play, I was an alternate beater on the team last year and I got to play two matches."

A series of questions came from the girl, but it was simply curiosity and Leo had to think of how to answer them. He wasn't exactly sure, but something made him not try out this year. Maybe it was the fact that he was prefect, or that he'd promised to try harder with his grades. His parents weren't fond of Quidditch and he had to try. There was always next year, and the year after that. "I guess I just have a lot to deal with at the moment. More responsibilities and as much as I love flying, I need to sort a few things out first. There's always next year," he smiled a little. Hopefully, his life would have calmed down by then and his family would not be so worried. "I understood that as soon as I was part of the team," he tried to explain. "It's just my family is exceptionally worried about my brother, who doesn't want to be here anymore even though he's already in sixth year. My parents already weren't convinced about us coming to school here." Leo had never opened up to anyone who didn't know him well, there was a first time for everything. "It's complicated, I guess." He shrugged. He had to laugh at what Odette said next. "No, I wasn't actually. But there were people who were better than me." The fifth year hoped Odette would let it slide soon. "Well done for achieving that, by the way, I'm sure you're great." Then he got an idea. "Want to race to the other side of the pitch?"

Odette scoffed at his explanation. What other priorities could be more important than quidditch? She knew her mother could list a hundred things that were more important than the sport, but Odette just had to disagree with that. Quidditch was the one thing that was making her happy at the moment, and she found the way Leo just discarded a spot on the team highly irritating. Though when he started citing family reasons, she had to avert her gaze. She didn't want to think about brothers, especially ones that were sixth years. "I... I see." She said instead of showing her irritation at his earlier statements. "Hope that... turns out well." She knew her reaction was awkward and stilted, but she hadn't snapped at the boy and with her emotions the way they were right now that was a small miracle. She wanted to argue that if there were others better than him, he just had to work harder to be the best, but she didn't. Instead she nodded when he challenged her. "Deal." She said. "You can count down from three, we go on one." She changed her position on the broom so she could sit the way she did during quidditch, ready to take off and fly as fast as she possibly could. It would be a nice way to let off steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back