Symptoms of a Broken Heart

Felix looked at Link. He didn't understand what was going on. Neither did Felix to be honest. Felix frowned as Link seemed to be trying to figure everything out. He didn't know why Lyra would have told everyone a different story. He knew Falon definitely knew the truth, but he didn't understand why Lyra would have lied to Link. "I... just told her I love her. I don't know why she left Link, honestly I don't. She said she didn't love me anymore and I didn't believe her at first, but now..."

As Felix told him what had been said to Lyra, Link understood exactly where her thoughts had gone. It hadn’t made sense to him that Felix would break up with Lyra in the first place. Link saw the way Felix had looked at his sister and the way he looked now that she was gone. It made him feel pity for the other boy. Link’s anger had been misplaced; it should be directed at his twin. He rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Idiot. She’s a bloody idiot.” he muttered under his breath in frustration. Link would be having words with Lyra as soon as he could. It wouldn’t be as easy to acoste her since he was busy with the Cannons. “She does love you, Felix. She’s lying. To you, to me, to herself. This isn’t really about you. It’s about our mom. She thinks you are better off without her.” he said, shaking his head and pacing in the alley. Lyra was punishing herself. He knew that, but it wasn’t fair to Felix either. Link didn’t know how to fix it.

Felix wasn't sure he was really hearing Link as he spoke. Lyra was lying to herself about loving Felix? Yeah, well she certainly seemed to love him so much she would rather be without him. Felix wasn't sure how much more he could take from her. He loved her so much that being apart from her was physically painful. Like his heart was going to burst free from his chest. But who was he kidding, he'd given up his heart to Lyra years ago. It had just taken him that long to figure it out. "I don't now what to do, Link. I love her, she keeps hurting me." He said. The only times he ever seemed to cry anymore were where Lyra was involved. What did that even say about him? "Why won't she let me be there for her? Have I ever caused her to think I wouldn't want to help her through her pain?"

Link shook his head at Felix. He didn't understand. He didn't know what it was like to lose a parent. Lyra would kill him if she knew what Link was going to do, but it didn't matter. He loved his sister, and he wanted to see her happy. Lyra was too damn stubborn to do it on her own. and Lyra would never be completely happy without Felix. "Because, she saw our mom lose our dad, and now, she's seen Carter lose our mom. I think she doesn't want you to ever be in that position. Go see Carter, and you might understand. I love her, but Lyra always thinks she knows best and it's impossible to talk her out of an idea once she's decided that's what she wants. I'm sure she thinks she's doing the best thing for you." he tried to explain to Felix, though he didn't think he was making much sense.

Felix sighed as he listened to Link. Honestly, he wasn't sure he wanted to hear this, no matter how much he desperately wanted to see Lyra and understand her, he was too upset to listen. He shook his head at Link. "If Lyra really thinks all of this and she really thinks that this is the way, then maybe she never did love me at all, because she knows how I feel about her and I tried so hard to make her understand. I did what she asked, I hid our relationship.." He said, the tears that now pricked his eyes, stinging and making him angry. "I even her over Falon and that broke my heart." He said. But he had, he'd consistantly chosen Lyra only to have her continue to hurt him. "I'm going to leave now. I need a damn drink." He said as he headed out of the alley in search of somewhere, anywhere, he could go to forget this ever happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back