Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Lanithro?
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Swishy Larch Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
It was almost inevitable that Felix would find himself in Brightstone. Though he lived in Australia with his mother, for the most part, he'd managed to get permission to return to Brightstone infrequently in order to continue his studies. Though he had dropped out of school, it hadn't been his intention and so he had tracked down his old Professor and asked if she wouldn't mind tutoring him. Though she'd said yes, it wasn't really a formal arrangement, and so he basically just showed up whenever he could. He'd never known what living in Obsidian Harbour would be like and seeing it for himself was making him wonder if perhaps he should consider it as an option in the future. He knew that he wanted to live in New Zealand, for personal reasons, but he also knew that his mother would miss him and did he really want to put her through that, he wasn't sure, but he needed to sort his sh*t out asap. Or none of this was going to work.

Lyra Potter had been looking forward to the Brightstone weekend. She had plans to meet Kasper for an actual date. The blonde enjoyed spending time with him, and she found that the more time she spent with him, the easier it was for her not to think about Felix or her mother. He made her feel like a normal person. Not to mention Lyra was quite attracted to him. Their relationship was all about having fun and laughing which was a breath of fresh air for her. She had arrived in the village early. She wanted to do some shopping before meeting Kasper for lunch. She stopped to look in the window of the candy shop, thinking that she might pick up some for Jemma and Jake. Jemma was having a rough time, and Lyra didn't want that for her little sister. Maybe the candy would cheer her up. The Gryffindor was lost in her own thoughts, and she didn't notice the all too familiar figure nearby.
<i></i>

Felix checked the time and looked around. He was supposed to go and see the new owner of Dervish and Banges in an hour or so and he didn't want to be late, but he was already in Brightstone, so it wouldn't be too much farther to walk. He figured it might be a good idea to get something to eat, he'd had a couple of snacks at Sloane's but not much and so he wanted a proper meal, as he turned to head to a cafe though, he froze when he noticed who was standing on a metre of so down the path from him. "Lyra!"

A feeling of dread hit her in the pit of her stomach as she heard a voice call her name. She didn’t have to look to know who it was. Why was he here?! It was the voice of a man she loved, but he could never know that. She wasn’t expecting to see him today, and Lyra wasn’t prepared to face him. But, the blonde didn’t have any other option. Slowly, Lyra turned and looked at him, steeling herself for the conversation ahead. He was so...gorgeous. His letters had been difficult to resist but seeing him in front of her was almost enough to undo her. Lyra had to be very careful. “Felix.” the Gryffindor said with caution.
<i></i>

There were a lot of emotions between Felix and Lyra, unresolved feelings that Felix had been spending time working through, but he wasn't sure he was ready yet to dive into them. Still, he couldn't just turn and walk away from Lyra, he considered it, but he hadn't broken up with her, she'd broken up with him. He still loved her, though he was angry and disappointed. He was finding it hard to keep those emotions in his head whilst looking at her. She looked so good. He just wanted to pull her close and kiss her, apologise, for what he wasn't sure, but he just wanted to be close to her. He cautiously moved closer to her, trying to smile, but failing. "I guess I should have expected to see you here." He looked over his shoulder in the direction of Sloane's house. He wondered if she'd let him hang out until Lyra was gone.

Lyra froze, not moving as Felix took a few steps towards her, closing much of the gap between them. Her head logically told her that she should turn and run in the opposite direction as fast as she possibly could, but her heart longed to jump into his arms and take Madeline's advice to apologize and beg forgiveness. Guilt washed over her as as her green eyes met his. His letters had been a mix of anger and concern for her, and Lyra wasn't sure what he was feeling right now. A public scene was the last thing the Gryffindor girl wanted. "It is a Brightstone weekend." she said, stating the obvious. "Though I would have avoided it if I knew you were going to be here." Lyra said, bluntly.
<i></i>

The way she was reacting to him. It hurt. Honestly, Felix could feel his heart breaking all over again that she was so cautious around him. He couldn't read her anymore. He had no idea what she was thinking. Maybe he'd never truly been able to read her at all, he hadn't even seen their break up coming and though he hadn't believed her when she'd said she no longer loved him, he was beginning to sway on that now. It was hard just seeing her and not being able to hold her. Felix loved Lyra. He still did, but this was hard. This was so hard. "I know that." He said, his tone a little clipped. It was like she was purposely trying to be as defensive as possible. Push him away. "I... am sorry I interrupted your good day." he said, sighing. She clearly hadn't changed the way she felt. She still didn't want anything to do with him. He was defeated, devastated. He wasn't sure his heart could shatter any further than it had in the last months.

Lyra winced slightly at his words. They stung. He had never used that tone of voice with her before, but Lyra knew she deserved it. She couldn't help but react the way she did. For Lyra, there was no in-between. She couldn't be friendly. Not when she still loved him so. A look of pain crossed Lyra's face as she saw what her words did to Felix. He had never been one to hide his feelings, certainly not from her. She hated to see him like this, which was why she had been relieved when he didn't show up back at the school. Her resolve to stay away from him wouldn't have lasted. "No-- I'm sorry. It's not you. I just can't be around you right now, Fee." Lyra said, her tone softer than it had been.
<i></i>

She was calling him Fee again. It felt good but only went to show more about how much she must not have cared anymore. She used to call him Fee before they were dating too, but when they'd broken up, she'd called him Felix. It was almost foreign to him these days, almost everyone he knew called him Fee, or some variation there upon. Hearing it come from Lyra had been shattering. "Lyra... I..." He sighed He didn't really know what to say about all of this. "I'm here because I'm doing some tutoring, with Sloane - Professor Stark... though she'd married now, so it's Halliwell. Since I dropped out and all."

Lyra looked down at the ground as Felix talked. Looking at him was...hard. She felt so much guilt over the fact that he had dropped out of school because of her. She knew he would say that it wasn't her fault, but she knew it was. Falon had told her as much. As for the other thing Falon had said...Lyra looked back at Felix. "Oh..well, I'm glad she's helping you. At least you can finish your studies that way." Lyra said, uncomfortably fidgeting with a strand of her hair. "I won't keep you if you need to go." she said, half-hoping he would stay and half-hoping he would go.
<i></i>

Felix watched Lyra as she spoke, fidgeting. He was resisting the urge to simply walk over to her and pull her close to him. He doubted she would like that very much. "I was just lucky she was up for it." His previous head of house was lovely. And he was happy she was so happy. He looked up at Lyra as she practically asked him to leave. "Do you want me to go, or are you just saying that?"

Lyra looked up at Felix, startled by his question. She hadn't thought she spoke with any animosity in her tone with her last statement, but she sensed a little bit of bitterness in his tone which was not something she associated with Felix at all. "Don't make me answer that. Please." she begged, closing her eyes, defeated. Lyra didn't enjoy hurting him. "Fee--I-- I just can't be here with you. It hurts too much." she said, looking at him with tears in her wide green eyes.
<i></i>

Felix couldn't watch this and he closed his eyes as she spoke. She thought this was hard for her? What about him! He was about to shout at her, tell her he deserved to know what she really wanted, but when he opened his eyes to tell her just that, the tears in her eyes broke him apart again. He never could stand to see her cry. Felix didn't care anymore, he dropped his bag to the ground and just went to her. He wrapped her in his arms and it didn't matter what had happened between them in that moment. All he cared about was Lyra and that she was crying. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back as he held her. This was hard for both of them, he saw that now. He felt guilty for ever making this her fault alone.

Before Lyra knew what was happening and could move to stop it, Felix had his arms wrapped tightly around her. And, once his arms were around her, Lyra knew all of her strength to break away from him evaporated. It felt like she could finally breathe after weeks of endless drowning. Felix was stroking her back and kissing her forehead, murmuring words of comfort at her tears. It was all too much. This was all she wanted, and she was tired of pretending otherwise, consequences be damned. The blonde wrapped her arms around Felix, pulling him into the nearby ally with her, before pulling his face down to hers. Lyra would pay for this tonight and the next night and the next night, but she didn't care anymore. Felix was all she wanted. He was all she would ever want.
<i></i>

Felix had never wanted something so much in his life. He loved Lyra, he always had, he'd forgotten for a moment, but now that he'd been reminded, he wasn't sure he could ever go back to being angry at Lyra. She pulled them into an alley and Felix didn't complain, only pulling himself closer to her. He'd missed her, he'd missed seeing her every day and he'd had to get used to that. He probably would have to again, since she was till in school, but this was more than he'd gotten from her in months and he wasn't about to stop it. "Lyra," he said between kisses. "I'm sorry."

”Oh, I don’t care! Shut up, and kiss me. “ Lyra said, pressing her body closer to Felix as if she might be able to melt into him. She had missed Felix. Every inch of her craved his companionship. He was more than just her lover. Felix was Lyra’s best friend, and it had been pure hell to cut him out of her life. A small part of her brain reminded her that this couldn’t last, but Lyra wasn’t ready to face it yet. Felix was her drug. He numbed her pain and her worries. ”Felix.” Lyra breathed between kisses. “My Felix.” Lyra whispered, not even aware that she was speaking aloud.
<i></i>

Felix obliged Lyra. He'd never wanted anything more than to just be with Lyra and hard as it was to admit, he needed his as much as she did. All that pent up anger had to release somehow, he just hadn't expected it to be quite like this. Felix almost felt like things could go back to normal, change their path and maybe fix what they were. If there was even a chance that could happen, Felix wanted to make sure he was there for her. "Lyra..." He ran his fingers through her hair. "I love you."

Felix’s words shattered the illusion around her, and Lyra froze. Reality came crashing down on her as she realize the consequences for her total lack of self control. This couldn’t happen. Felix still loves her, and he probably still wanted to marry her. She loved him, but she would never marry him. She could never marry anyone. The blonde had only managed to make things worse for Felix and herself. She pushed against his chest, breaking away from him. “No. Felix. I’m sorry. I’m so very sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. It was a mistake.” Lyra said, the tears back in her eyes. “I have to go. I—I have a date. I shouldn’t be here.” the Gryffindor said with tone of despair in her voice. She didn’t want to leave him, but she knew she had to.
<i></i>

Felix let Lyra push him away. Honestly, he wasn't sure what he expected. It was almost like the word love sent her scampering away like a scared mouse. The real pain had come from what she's said afterwards. She had a date. Of course she did, it didn't take her long to throw him aside. He shook his head at her as he leaned against the wall of the alleyway. "Just go... Lyra. You've done enough." He said, all the frustration and pain of the last few months giving away to numbness. He wasn't sure he could feel anything anymore.

Lyra didn't need any more encouragement to go. Silent tears spilled down her face as she looked at Felix. Why had she let her guard down? It hurt them both so much more than if she had just stayed away. This memory would be just one more to haunt her as she laid in bed, alone, during her sleepless nights. "I'm so sorry." she whispered, turning and running as quick as she could out of the alleyway.
<i></i>

Link was in Brightstone for the day. He had the day off, and he had come to try and find his sister. Check in on her because he knew she wasn't doing well. Lyra put on a brave charade, but it was all a lie. He knew that, and while he might enjoy annoying her, Link didn't like it when she was miserable. He was walking down the path when he saw her emerge from an alley, crying and running in the opposite direction. "Ly! Wait!" he said, but before he could catch her, she apparated. Something was very wrong. Link frowned. What was in the alley? Quickly, Link went to investigate. Shock passed through him as he turned the corner. Felix Urie. No wonder Lyra had been crying. Anger flashed through Link, and he shoved into Felix. "What the hell are you doing here? What did you say to her?!" he shouted, fury in his green eyes that were identical to his sister's. Couldn't Felix just leave Lyra alone?!

Felix didn't bother to watch Lyra leave. He wasn't even sure of what he was supposed to be doing anymore. He loved Lyra with all his heart, but he didn't know what she wanted anymore. All of this was so hard, he didn't want to think about what could be, what could have been or what was happening right now. It was just better to be numb and not think about anything. Of course, that was hard to do when he was being shoved up against a wall by and angered Link Potter. Felix didn't even have the energy to shove him off. He was just defeated by now. "Go away, Link. I didn't do anything." He said, shaking his head. "Lyra ran off because I told her I loved her. This isn't on me." Why did Link think this was his fault anyway. Lyra broke up with him, not the other way around.

Link couldn't stand the way Lyra had been since their mother died and Felix broke up with her. The indifference with which Felix spoke to him infuriated him. Felix just stood there acting as if he hadn't done anything to Lyra. Link had his fists in the front of Felix's shirt with have a mind to shove him again. So, Felix told Lyra he loved her and he thought that constituted as doing nothing! "You know, Urie, I used to like you, but now I can't stand the sight of you. Dumping my sister wasn't good enough for you? Now you have to play games with her too? Just stay away from her, and stop torturing her." he said, shoving Felix again.

Felix groaned when Link got all up in his face and weakly tried to shove him away, but he wasn't angry, he was just tired, and he just wanted to get Link off of him in order to just leave. "I didn;t break up with her, Link." He sighed, so that was the story she was telling everyone was it? He was probably a social pariah at school now. He didn't understand why she would break up with him and then tell everyone it was his fault. If she didn't want to marry him, there were easier ways to go about breaking his heart. Now he wasn't even sure what to think anymore. "I love her Link, I don't want to hurt her."

"You love her?" Link looked at Felix's tired face, confused. Why would Ly tell him that Felix broke things off with her if it wasn't true? They were clearly not together; he knew that much to be true, but he could also still see that Lyra was very much in love with the boy Link was threatening. Link let go of Felix and took a step back. "So you didn't break up with her? She broke up with you? Why would she lie to me about that?" Link asked, aloud, but really more to himself than Felix. "What happened just now, Felix? Why was she crying? What did you say?" he demanded, trying to solve the mystery. He knew Lyra better than anyone else in the world, and she rarely misled him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back