Swimming in the cold

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked down to the lake from the tents with her bathing suit on underneath jeans and a loose fitting Plain White T's t-shirt. When Nina got to the lake she walked down the side of the waterfront hoping someone would join her for a swim. Nina looked down at the water happily, Nina wasn't the strongest swimmer but she enjoyed it at the very least. Nina looked back at the Durmstrang boat noticing that she was too close to the boat to swim, the water seemed choppy and harshe and she didn't want to end up next to the boat because of the current.
Nina walked further away from the boat thinking of the Yule Ball and if anybody in particular would ask her or if she would have to ask someone, it wasn't as if she couldn't go, she was a champion and they started the dancing. I wonder if Alex will ask me, no he wouldn't he is too nervous and doesn't like to dance, but I really think he should give himself credit. He is always bringing himself down and it makes me sad for him, Nina thought to herself, then she looked back to the boat and realised how far she had actually walked. Nina laughed at herself, for not paying any attention to what she was doing.

Estrella had decided to go for a stroll outside in between classes. Hour after hour of being stuck in stuffy rooms was enough to drive her crazy, especially considering the fact that she was rather sleepy today. Deciding that she should wake her brain up and get blood flowing through her veins she found herself pacing along the edge of the lakefront, noticing a girl that didn't seem to be much younger than her debating upon getting in the water near the Durmstrang boat. Narrowing her eyes at the girl, she called out, "Isn't it too cold to swim?" The last time she had checked, the water was starting to retain the frigidity it always had over winter. Upon closer inspection she recognized the girl as a Hogwarts Scotland student, and the champion at that. But she couldn't remember her name for the life of her.

[I'm not swimming yet...just walking along the waterfront :p ]

[I edited slightly. :) ]

[Okay :D ]

Nina turned in the direction of the girl and said, "No just right, the water will be warm because the air is cold." Nina smiled nicely. When the girl got closer Nina saw in the girls eyes that she realised she was the Hogwarts Scotland champion, Nina hoped to god she wouldn't bring it up. "Hi, I'm Nina Patrokov, 4th year Hufflepuff from Hogwarts Scotland, what about you?" Nina asked curiously.

"Right," Estrella stated, trying to remove any skepticism from her eyes; she was quite certain that the water was cold but wasn't going to argue it with the girl in any case. Deciding that she didn't to add any more to the glory boat, she was still quite sore herself that Hilary had gotten to be Hogwarts New Zealand champion, she extended a hand to the girl. "Oh, that's right, you're Nina. Nice to meet you. Estrella Drage, Ravenclaw fifth year prefect." She smirked as her prefect's badge gleamed on her chest, at least she had something going for her.

"Oh thats neat, my friend is a prefect back home." Nina said while shaking Estrella's hand firmly. Then releasing it and she asked, "Are you willing to join?" Nina sat down to take her shoes off to feel the water on her feet, the water was nice and warm, just the way she liked it. Nina smiled as the sun shone onto her face and warmed her up a little.

"Yeah- that is neat.." Estrella stated, her voice trailing. Considering this girl had gotten the glory of being HS champion she didn't feel that it was neat at all. She could not help feeling a bit of resentment as she shook her hand, although she tried to shrug it off. She shouldn't be directing her envy of Hilary toward's the other champions in any case. They may prove to have something going for them anyways.

Pulling her hand away, she stated, "Pardon? Join you in what?" Her dark eyes trailed to the frigid water, watching the churning waves before bringing her gaze back up to the girl. "You mean swimming? No, but I may stick my feet in." Swimming would be the fastest way for her to get sick.

Nina frowned and said, "Oh its a shame, such nice weather today." Nina hoped the girl would warm up or leave, Nina really didn't want to meet rude people she knew enough of them back in Scotland.

Estrella's eyes widened a bit- was this girl percieving her to be standoffish or something? It quite appalled her; she was being quite cordial considering the fact that she had just met this girl. "Yeah, the weather is nice but the water is frigid." Giving the girl a weak smile, she added, "It's a fast way to get sick."

"Oh well I understand that I guess. You live so far from the water, in that time you could get sick, and I am pretty sure you wouldn't want to swim in your clothes." Nina said lightly and smiled weakly.

"Exactly," Estrella stated, raising an eyebrow. She could just tell by the temperature outside that the water wasn't going to be warm- summer was long over. "And what do you mean, living so far from the water? Do you mean where my dorm room is?" She was a little confused, biting her lip as her gaze fell on the Forbidden Forest. It seemed rather inactive today; not a bird was flying over it.

"Course. I live in the tents, not a far walk." Nina said. Then Nina followed Estrella's gaze onto the Forbidden Forest and Nina had a puzzled look on her face, unsure of why Estrella was looking at the Forest.

"Oh, that's cool," Estrella stated, not sure what else to say. She knew that she would definitely not be swimming today- especially since it was cold and she didn't feel like getting wet.

Nina shrugged off the thought and looked up in the sky realising it was later than she had expected and said, "Sorry I must go." Nina rushed down to the tents happily. She didn't much care for Estrella, she found her too boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back