Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Augustus had never been very good at social things. Interactions with other people were usually a struggle for him, he didn't pick things up very quickly. But now that he had a girlfriend, he was determind to do things right. He really didn't want Addison to regret deciding to date him. The two of them had spent a lot of time together over break, especially as she had stayed over for a bit, but Augustus still worried things would change now that they were at Hogwarts. He had sent her a note, asking her to meet him out in the garden. He had brought some Honeydukes candy and hoped they could share it while walking in the gardens, that was romantic, right? He didn't really have anyone to ask for advice. Ryan didn't know anything about dating and romance and seemed to get annoyed whenever Addison was brought up, and Augustus didn't want to tell his cousins about his relationship as he knew they'd likely make fun of him. Or worse, they'd want to meet her. He didn't think the twins would make a very good impression on Addison. As Augustus waited in the garden, he noticed an interesting beetle. He leaned closer to the plant it was perched on, squinting at it. He wondered if it was a creature his cousin Theodore studied, maybe he should write him about it?

Addy had really had a tumultuous break. Casper had run away. Allie and Stan had broke into a fight and had them come in bloody. She had been relaxing in her room, working on one of her notebooks, when she received Augustus' note. She smiled, and immediately jumped to get dressed into something cuter. It wasn't as fancy as some of Allison's 'cute' outfits, but Addy was comfortable in her jeans and her sky blue jumper.

She tied her hair back with a matching ribbon before starting on her way down to the gardens. She spotted Augustus quickly and smiled, walking up next to him and looking at the beetle that had caught his attention. "Did you know that beetles make up around 40% of all known insects and 25% of all known animal life-forms on our planet?" She asked him, looking to him with a smile.

Augustus was focused on the creature, half crouching in a bush, when he was snapped out of his focus when he heard a familiar voice. Augustus' heart did a little jump at the sound of Addison's voice and he immediately stood up straight. He smiled at the sight of her, taking her in for a moment. Then he blinked at her fact. "I mean, I knew there were a lot of them." He said softly. Addison was looking very cute in a blue sweater and a ribbon that matched exactly, it brought out the color of her eyes. Augustus then realized he was standing in a bush and had somehow gotten dirt on his shirt. This hadn't been what he had planned. He glanced at the bench where he had left the candy, glad it hadn't been stolen while he was distracted. "Uh, I thought we could hang out." He said then, stepping out of the gardens and back onto the path. "If you want."

Addison smiled as he stepped back out of the bush, looking up to him and taking a small step closer. She giggled softly as he spoke, reaching out to brush the dirt from his shirt. "Sure, I would like that." She reached for his hand, brushing her fingers against his in a soft request to hold hands. "I always like spending time with you," She smiled shyly up at him, folding her other arm behind her back. Her heart was fluttering in her chest. She could hardly believe they were really together like this. She had spent so long trying to push aside her feelings for Augustus, it was odd to just... let herself be.

Augustus watched as Addison brushed some dirt from his shirt, feeling a little awkward. "Uh, sorry." He mumbled. He took her hand as she reached for his and smiled a bit. It felt nice, just holding her hand. "I like spending time with you too." He said quietly. "I actually, uh, got some sweets to share." He said, gesturing to the bench he had left them at. "If you want."

Addison smiled, lacing their fingers together and looking to where he motioned. "Oh, that sounds lovely, do you want to sit down or would you like to walk around the gardens?" She asked. Feeling a little bit impulsive, Addy pushed up on tiptoe and pressed a gentle kiss to his jaw. She wanted to kiss his cheek but he was a bit too tall for her to reach that high without his help. "Thank you," She smiled shyly, brushing her fingers behind her ear. "I'm glad you asked me here,"

Augustus blushed a bit when Addison asked him a question. He felt like, as the boy, he should be the one taking charge on their dates. But he didn't think he had ever taken charge of anything in his life, so why would this be any different? He smiled when Addison kissed his jaw and rubbed the spot she had kissed absentmindedly. "I'm glad too." He said softly. "I think... maybe we could sit?"

Addison nodded at his suggestion, moving to the bench and sitting down. She looked up to Augustus and patted the spot next to her. "Why don't you tell me about your day?" She asked, thinking it would be a good place to start. "Is school going alright? Your prefect duties?" She inquired, tucking her legs a bit more under the bench.

Augustus sat down next to Addison, feeling oddly shy. He had imagined the date going differently in his head, somehow feeling like he would be impressing Addison and taking the lead. Instead, he grew quieter. "My day is good..." He said softly, hesitant. "And that's all going okay too, I just wonder if I even should be a prefect, I don't know what I'm doing." He admitted. "You should be one instead."

Addison smiled as Augustus sat down next to her. She could tell something was on his mind. A little bit of doubt crept in. Was he regretting asking her out? She bit her lip, listening to him speak. She shook her head, reaching over and placing her hand gently over his. "Augustus. You were given that badge because you're a good person. You're kind, and intelligent, and someone that the younger students can look up to." She smiled softly, reaching up to brush his hair behind his ear. "My grades weren't good enough to become a prefect, that's all. And really, I only ever speak to you or my family. I've tried speaking to Ryan sometimes, but he doesn't seem overly interested in my collection of facts." She joked, laughing lightly.

Augustus glanced down at their hands as Addison put her hand on his, he smiled slightly and glanced over at her, reassured by her words. "I still don't think I'm very good at disciplining younger students." He said softly. "But thank you." He leaned into her touch slightly. "I only speak to you or my roommates." He murmured. "I'm hardly a social butterfly." He frowned a bit at her description of Ryan, thinking a bit. "Well, he does like to learn things, so I don't know why he wouldn't be interested." He mused. "That's strange." He didn't think about it too long, as Ryan was a mystery in some ways. "Are you enjoying this date?" He asked hesitantly.

Addy paused as Augustus asked if she liked the date. "Of course I am," She reached over to put her hand on his. "I love being with you, Augustus. That's all that's important to me." She bit her lip, suddenly feeling nervous. She drew her hand back, unsure. "Are you not enjoying this?" She stood quickly, trying to straighten her clothes. "Oh dear, I'm sorry, did I mess things up?" She fretted, trying to smooth out her hair.

Augustus smiled slightly when Addison said she was enjoying the date, he relaxed slightly and nodded, feeling relieved. "Okay, I just wanted to make sure." He said softly. "I'm new to all this." He added though he knew Addison already knew that. But then he blinked when she suddenly stood up and pulled her hand away, he looked at her in alarm. "Uh." He said uncertainly. "That's not what I meant..." He mumbled uncertainly. He winced. Here he was, messing it up.

Addison hesitated a moment, considering what he said before letting out a slow sigh. She stepped closer, reaching out to take his face in her hands. "Augustus?" She asked, hesitating a moment. She bit her lip, unsure if she should say it, before eventually just sighing. "I love you," she admitted gently. It was something she'd been thinking of a lot, and she was fairly certain she'd been in love with Augustus for a long while.

Augustus felt anxious and unsure. He had made Addison think he didn't like the date and he was desperately trying to think of a way to make things right. He was lost in thought, fingers tapping at the bench they were sitting on. He blinked when Addison called his name, but he didn't look at her, still trying to think of the perfect words to say. So when she said she loved him, Augustus wasn't looking at her. He stopped breathing and stared ahead, freezing in place. Had she really just said that? He didn't know what to do, feeling panic rise up inside him. He simply froze, unable to speak.

Addy smiled softly as Augustus froze in place. She stepped closer, gently pulling him in and resting his head against her chest. She ran her fingers slowly through his hair. She was fairly certain she'd short circuited him, but she didn't mind. She'd said what she wanted to. She didn't say anything else yet, instead just kissing the top of his head gently and holding him close.

Augustus swallowed as he felt Addison leaning against him, he didn't quite look at her. He blinked, still at a loss for words. He hadn't really thought about his feelings in that way yet, he wondered if Addison had really meant it. They were still young, maybe too young for this. "I'm sorry." He murmured as he felt her kiss the top of his head.

Addy smiled softly, just shaking her head and running her fingers through his hair. "Augustus, you have nothing to be sorry for," She reassured him. She took a step back, offering out her hands. "Why don't we go for a walk? Just wonder the gardens for a bit and talk about life," She gave him a tender smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back