Survival of the fittest.

Netayna Abramovitz

OOC First Name
Oh no, it's Melissa!
Netayna was alone. No matter how much she wanted to change it, she was alone. Wandering the streets of a foreign country, barely able to speak the language and thoroughly scared. Netayna had learnt whilst living in Israel that you ran away from adults you didn't know, so she had avoided being caught by anyone for the weeks she had been there. She couldn't trust anyone as far as she was concerned, all she wanted to do was find her family and go home. But she knew it was probably impossible, they were due to leave New Zealand over a week ago, she had to admit it. She had been dumped. Hands shoved deep in her pockets Netayna's dark eyes swept the streets for food. She had run out of pocket money and was now desperate enough to scrounge for food where ever she could find it. The young girl fought back the tears that were about to erupt. 'How could mama and papa do this to me?' she thought wandering over to a bench on the side of the road, dropping down onto it completely defeated. She had no where to go, she was completely alone. A tear escaped, rolling down her cheek and she quickly swept it away, now was not the time to show such a weakness. She needed to stay strong, it was survival of the fittest.

Morgan had got a day off some how. elvera was taking care of the shop, Ruby was out with Kennedy, and would be back at about lunch time and would spend the afternoon with Elvera Lilith and sapphire were at school, and eden and aine where wherever Eden and aine were. She was glad that her youngest daughter was starting to recover from her time at Bella-Donna mansion. just thinking of that lady, and what she had done to Ruby, Sapphire and to the other children made her skin crawl. that is one of the reasons why she gave children a home so that they wouldn't end up somewhere that just abused them and used them for their own selfish ends she had treated herself out for morning tea in her favorate muggle patisarie and was just heading to obcidian harbour to do some shopping. hust as she was drawing near to the harbour she saw a garl sitting alone on a bench crying. she sat down on the bench and looked at her. she hated seeing people upset, especially children so young. "are you okay dear? can I help you with anything?" she said wondering if she could help her at all, after all, she liked helping people.

Netayna looked up in shock, her dark eyes wide. Someone was talking to her, she had been caught. For the briefest of moments she considered jumping up and running off. She didn't know who the lady was, for all the young girl knew the lady could be a undercover cop who was going to report her to the authorities about overstaying in New Zealand. But the lady seemed genuinely kind, something that the most cops didn't possess. Biting her lip she shook her head a minuscule amount, "No, I not okay." She muttered her accent still highly present. She hoped that her English was alright and not too hard to understand. She had only two years of learning English so it wasn't perfect yet. Netayna didn’t normally trust people, she had been foolish in the past and it had hurt people she loved but the women seemed to care about her even though they had just met. So she took a chance, a chance that could end her up in big trouble, "I cannot find family. They leave me here." She said looking down at her lap, she didn’t want to see what the ladies reaction was, just in case it was a bad reaction.

Morgan could have kicked herself when the girl seemed to jump at her words. "sorry i didn't mean to make you jump. I'm morgan" she said introducing herself looking at the girl, she seemed very young to be wandering the streets of new zealand on her own. when the girl said that she wasn't okay she shifted slightly in her seat. "what is wrong" she said. looking at the girl her accent certainly didn't sound local. when she said that she couldn't find her parents she had a brief picture of two people who were assumably the girls family. she looked back at the girl. "If you want I can help find them. which way did they go" she said not realising how long ago they had left her and thinking that they had just get separated in the crowd. she was also wondering if they were heading into the wizarding road nearby or muggles. but she didn't know how to ask the girl without saying that magic was real which could lead to some pretty bad consequences for her.

Netayna gave Morgan a small smile, "Netayna." she replied holding out a small hand. It had been drummed into her over the years to show everyone, even the enemy politeness and not to appear rude to anyone or you would besmirch the family name. Something she knew that if she didn't show her manners she would regret it, despite the absence of her parents. The young girl bit her lip and looked down, how was she going to explain that her parents had left her in New Zealand for three weeks after apparating away back to Israel. There was a chance that the lady could not be magical, which would result in awkwardness if she brought it up. "Er, might be hard. They not in New Zealand. They leave me and went back to Israel. Three weeks ago." she said her chin starting to tremble again, her eyes glazing over, "They leave me!" she cried, tears dripping down her face. Netayna slid over on the bench and wrapped her arms around Morgan outwardly sobbing now. She didn't care that she didn't know Morgan very well, but she was desperate for some kind of comfort and she was willing to get it almost anywhere.

Morgan shook the girls hand when she introduced herself as Netayna. "well it is nice to meet you" she said smiling at her however her smile didn't las long as she saw the girls expression, she looked very concerned. and looking down at her general state she looked like she had been roughing it for a while. not sure what to say she put her arm around the girl. as the girl started to cry. "goodness. and you were left all on your own?" she said as she saw in her mind the parents saying that they would be back soon then walking away and vanishing. she was pretty sure that they had apparated. but she wasnt 100% sure. "now dear. you are safe now. three weeks is a long time to fend for your self. thank goodness you are not hurt" she said words spilling out as she hugged the girl. she let go for a moment as she moved her staff so that she could reach int her bag for a hanky. she passed it to the girl. for her to us if she wanted to clean herself up with it. "how did you get here? avoplane? boat? train" she asked, purposely saying one of them wrong. she was sure that if she was a muggle she would get corrected. but if she was not she would let it slide.

Netayna sniffed and nodded, "Yes. I all alone." she said her tears still falling thick and fast. The young Israelian rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands, she didn't want to be crying in front of a complete stranger, but with weeks of not being able to talk about what happened it all just seemed to over flow in one moment. "Safe now? Really?" she asked cautiously, she wasn't sure if this was a good thing, police people always reassured kids that they were safe, but Netayna didn't really believe that Morgan was a police woman, she was too genuine. Taking the hanky she wiped her eyes before clenching it in her small fist, "Thank you." she said quietly. The young girl caught the error in the word airplane, airplanes flew over her old home all time so she knew what they were called but she guessed it was some kind of way of determining if she knew about magic or not. Tears stopping a hint of a smile twitched at her mouth, and she shook her head "No, I did not come that way." she said, "I come a different way." she said, conscious of the people that were milling around. Hopefully Morgan understood what she was trying to say, that she had been apparated here.

Morgan held the girl protcting her from any unknown thing that may be haunting her. not asking her about everything. there would be plenty of time for that later. "yes you are safe. I will look after you if you would like that." she said trying to see as much about the girl as she could she saw her playing when she was younger with a wooden horse on weels. she saw her parents looking at each other awkwardly, she saw again her parents leaving her here and followed them as they turned down an alley and then vanish reappearing again back in israil again. "no problem" she said as the girl thanked herself for the tissue. when the girl said that she had come a different way she nodded. pretty sure that that had goncurmed her suspicions. the girl she had found was indeed not a muggle but from a magic family. that made it easyer. "you came a quicker way that is good." she said, looking to see if the girl was feeling a little better. "you can come and stay with me and my daughters for as long as you want" she said she would offer he house as a home to anyone who needed it and Netayna seemed like someone who need a home and family right now. she had five daughters now. three birth daughters, and Ruby and Sapphire, who she had adopted with in the last year and loved like they were her own. however once Ruby returned to school she would be alone in her cottage again. "Maybe we should move somewhere where we can talk a little more freely. I was just going to get something to rat from obsidian harbour would you like to join me? you must be hungry" she said. thinking it would be easy to talk when they didn't have to try and hide their conversations from muggles.

Netayna lent her head back against Morgan's side. She had to admit that the hug was providing her with a type of motherly comfort that had been lacking in her life for a long time. In fact the only hugs she had ever received were actually from the maid that raised her, not even her own mother. Glancing up at her Netayna nodded, "I would like that." she said. Even the thought of her finally having a home was a very welcomed prospect and she found herself grinning from ear to ear. "Yes quicker. But... not very nice." she said, apparating always left the Israeli feeling really shaky and nauseous for quite a while after. It wasn't a nice feeling and didn't like doing it too regularly. Netayna gasped overwhelmed by the generosity Morgan had extended to her, "Really? Thank you so much!" she exclaimed hugging Morgan again, the thought of having a family that cared about her was the best thing that she could have happened to her. Netayna rose from the bench and nodded, dusting off her pants her stomach rumbled loudly, she had momentarily forgotten how hungry she was, "I think that is yes." she giggled answering Morgan's question, "Very hungry."

Now Morgan had her girls back she was becoming a mother to everyone, as though she was making up for lost time with all three of her own daughters. she now had six by the looks of it. after adopting three in the last year. Sapphire Ruby and not Netayna. the girl certainly seemed pleased at the idea of being taken in. she would have to check with the relevant authorities, but in the mean time she would be happy to look after her. "I know what you men, makes your stomach feel like it has been left behind." she said. standing up ready to start making her way to the harbour. suddenly she was being held again. her offer had really lit a spark in the girl who was now far from crying. "yes really. I wouldn't make a empty offer." she said taking the girls hand and heading towards the harbour "this way to food then. I think the Ice cream parlour is the place to go. they do good hot food there too. What do you want?" she said. she knew the ice cream parlour owners too which helped. in fact she shared two daughters with them.
Soon they were in amongst the wizard shops. "I live a little way away near Makatu Mall where I own a shop called the inner eye" she said explaining a little about herself. "I have five daughters, three real and two adopted. at the moment Ruby is the only one at home but she will be going back to bauxbattons after christmas. Elvera also visits most days when she isn't teaching. but she stays mainly at the school." she continues as they made their way along the street, trying to let the girl know as much about herself so that she wouldn't feel alone.

Netayna giggled, "That's exactly how it feel!" she agreed nodding, she sincerely hoped that she wasn't going to be doing anymore apparation for a long while. It had been three weeks since she last did it and even the thought made her feel sick. The Israeli girl was over the moon, she had never had someone be so nice to her, to have someone come up to her on the street and offer her a home seemed almost to good to be true. She pinched herself, just to check that this was true and wasn't actually a dream. Holding tightly on to Morgan's had Netayna skipped along after her, she couldn't keep the smile of her face. Thinking for a moment Netayna shrugged, she didn't want to appear greedy, "I've never had ice cream before, what's it like?" she asked curiously. One thing her parents didn't allow in the house was ice cream. Netayna remembered the sweltering hot days when all the other kids were running around with ice creams and she had to make do with an ice cube. "Do they do hot chips?" the young girl asked, it was the only food she was certain that both Israel and New Zealand had. "Five! Wow, a girl on my street in Israel had four brothers." she mused aloud. "Will I get to meet them?" Netayna asked, she wanted to meet all of the family that she now had. After having no one she wanted to get know them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back