Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pine Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Xinyi had been a bit on edge since he'd found out they were expecting. With Rosie going back to school there was only so much he could do. He'd found them a flat, and worked almost every waking hour to get in as much money as possible. He'd set up the nursery with many letters to Rosie to get approval. He'd started a savings account, read as many books on parenting as he could get his hands on. He was home alone at the moment, cleaning everything (again) when he heard a knock at the door. "Coming!" He called, turning the music down and setting aside his broom. He hurried over to the door, quickly throwing it open to see who'd stopped by. "Hello!" He greeted.

Stefan had mixed feelings at becoming a grandfather. On one hand, he was looking forward to having the baby around, to being able to hold them and meet them. Happy for Rosie who was by all accounts so ready for this baby. he knew that there would be nothing that would stop him supporting and caring for her and her child. It was just perhaps a little earlier than he'd thought it would be. So, he'd come with baby clothes and toys that he and Kate had held on to from when the girls had been young. He brought them to the apartment which Xinyi had kindly provided the address to. "Hi," he said as the door swung open. "I come bearing gifts," he said to the man in front of him, the father of his his grandchild.

Xinyi swallowed hard when he saw Stefan standing there. "Hello Mr. Archer," He greeted shyly, stepping back to let the man in. He'd always been a bit intimidated by the man- especially after he'd found out Rosie was expecting. "Thank you for the gifts... if you'd like Ro to open them, you could place them in the nursery? I could make lunch?" He offered, trying not to appear as nervous as he felt, swallowing hard and trying to still the shaking of his hands.

Stefan gave a little smile at the politeness. "Please, just Stefan," he assured him, given that this boy was the father of his grandchild, they maybe didn't need such formalities. "They're for you both, for the baby," he said, he wouldn't mind who opened them, but wanted to give them to him ahead of Rosie getting back. "Lunch would be nice," Stefan replied, giving him a little nod. He noticed the boy was nervous and he could imagine easily why. "You know," Stefan said, "I was really nervous when I first met my father-in-law. Meeting the father of the girl you love, not an easy thing to do,"

Xinyi swallowed hard. "O-Oh, alright, Mr- um, Stefan?" He managed slowly, clearing his throat when his voice cracked. He turned to start for the kitchen, motioning for the man to follow him. "I, ah, if you want to put it on the table then?" He offered shyly. "I can open it while we eat?" He was just glad to have an excuse not to look at the man, gathering up supplies for a few sandwiches. "Would you like a drink?" He questioned. Though he hesitated when Stefan mentioned being nervous. Xinyi stood still a moment, taking a shaky breath. "I, um... I wasn't sure you would want to come to dinner until after Rosie graduated," He admitted gently. "It's... all out of order..."

"Just Stefan, please," he asked him, knowing it would probably be hard for him to be able to just treat Stefan normally, remembering how it had been with his own father in law after he and Kate had become official. He placed the gifts down on the table, and then nodded. "Just some tea if you have it," he said with a little smile, before giving a little nod. "I'll visit when Rosie is back, she sends her love," he said, given that with Stefan's position at the school he was seeing his daughter plenty. "It certainly is, but Rosie's never been one to follow the traditional path. But, I love her, and she's happy, and she loves you, and she loves the baby, it'll be okay,"

Last edited:
Xinyi was trying not to die, hands shaking as he started to prepare the tea. "Of course," He managed, glad his voice was at least a little steady. He laughed nervously, shaking his head. "I, ah, I love her too, love them," He offered, swallowing hard. "We have- I mean, I've got this place all set up," He managed. "There's a, um, herb garden in the kitchen windows, and I made sure this place has a nice yard she can design, and um, I've got a greenhouse permit in the works for her," he took a deep breath and walked to the table, tea tray in his hands. "What kind of tea would you like?"

Stefan nodded easily, and watched him. Seeing how nervous he was around him. He certainly wondered if he'd been this nervous with Kate's father. He could imagine he had been even more so given his own experiences with fathers. "Any will be fine," he said easily. He could tell that Xinyi was going to look after Rosie. "She'll love it all, and if you or her ever need any help, then myself and her mum are on hand," he said. "We're here if you need anything, even just a break," he said.

Xinyi gave the man a shy smile, setting the tray down and settling into his own seat. "Thank you, sir," He offered. He poured the tea and sipped his own, cupping it in both hands and letting the warmth seep through him. He smiled again. "Has Rosie told you the names we chose?" He asked, peeking up at the man with a bit of a steadier hand. He was slowly starting to feel better, a little more sure that Stefan wasn't here to end him for knocking up his daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back