Surprise Surprise.

Elise Finnigan

OOC First Name
Caysi
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Elise walked by herself into the banquet hall, where her and Michael would have their engagement party. Elise and Michael didn't know too many people, so only family was invited. To be more precise; only Elise's family. Her sister, Caysi would be coming along with their father at some point. Elise didn't care for the rest of the families opinion on Michael, but she only wanted to hear from her sister and dad. The brunette walked into the quiet place, and took a seat at a table.

Caysi looked at herself one more time before she left her house. She was so excited for her younger sister to be engaged, but she would've never expected it, out of quiet little Elise. Caysi apparated from her backyard to a place near the hall, so that she wouldn't be seen by muggles. The blonde asked Riley to come with her, she was hoping that she could tell him that she was sorry for the way that she had acted before, and that she still did have feelings for him. But she would have to see how the night goes and if she would be able to tell him. Caysi walked into the banquet hall, seeing her sister. " Hey Elise, congrats!" She said as she hugged her shorter sister. " Wow, nice place you picked." Caysi smiled. " I invited Riley, so dad will be a bit late, so we can all get to know eachother." Caysi said happily.

Michael walked into the hall wearing his old no1 army dress. "Afternoon Girls." He said as he walked up and kissed Elise. "I take it youre Caysi. Its very nice to meet you." he said as he looked around "Elise you have a great eye for detail."

Riley Smith looked at himself in the mirror which was located in his bedroom in the apartment that he shared with his best friend, Cyndi. He had recently move back in with her after his break up. He had only moved out for a few weeks and he was already back again. It would seem that Cyndi would never be getting rid of Riley that easily. He was glad to be ck however, they were close and she had been a big help to him getting through his tough time and liked to help her out with her problems with Cameron. He couldn't believe that eh thought there was something going on with them. That was long ago and it had ended before it ha even started. He sighed as he finished his hair. He always liked t look perfect even if he was just going out to go shopping, he always dressed good like it was his first date. It wasn't that he was a formal freak it was just that if he looked good then it would give him better chances with the ladies. Even though he only had eyes for one girl, Adele, it was still an old habit that was about to die. He liked to look good, it made him feel better about himself.
Deciding that he looked good enough in his tuxedo Riley headed own the stairs. Caysi had invited him to her sisters engagement party and he had accepted. He liked Caysi and after their time in Jamaica he wanted to make her happy again, as he friend. It had been a shock to him to find out about her real feelings for him but Riley had to sort things out with Adele first before he thought about dating other girls. He also didn't want to put their friendship in danger, because of his track history with cheating he didn't want to do that to Caysi. He knew that she deserved better than he could give her and he didn't wan to tie her down and hurt her. He knew it was for the best and they just had to move on he was determined not to let what she had said get to him and he would jut act like noting had happened, to stop the awkwardness from setting in.
Quickly apperating to the destination that Caysi had given to him Riley found himself outside of a pretty looking building. He sighed. Was it strange that his first thought was not of the happy couple in side but of the fact that Adele would have liked this building. Shaking his head and clearing that train of thoughts Riley walked into the building. It looked rand on the inside. He sighed again. Even with his three job s he could afford a room in this place. He envied the Finnigan slightly. They seemed to have it so easy with such a cushioned life. They had the money for everything without even having to earn it. Riley earned every pound that he owned. Carrying on to the banquet hall were he was meant to be meeting everyone Riley felt a little nervous. He would only really know one person there, Caysi. It was a little daunting although Riley being the loquacious type he was sure to get chatting to most of the people in there. He looked around the hall and grinned widely as he saw Caysi. Wasting no time he walked over to her and gave her a quick hug. "Hey you. Looking good Cays." He said happily to his friend

Caysi smiled as she saw Elise's fiance. " Yes, I'm Caysi.. I'm guessing that your Michael." She gave him a grin. " Of course she does, that's Elise for you." Caysi gave a dearing smile towards her sister. The blonde Finnigan turned her head to see Riley walking her way, she stood up and hugged him back. " Hey Riley, thank you, you look quite ravishing yourself." She smiled as she looked at him. How on earth could she not love him?

"Yes im Michael." he stoped mid sentece when he saw the proffeser walk through the door "Evening proffeser you probally dont remember me but thank you for coming." he said holding his hand out for the professer to shake. "Elise who else said they where coming again i forgot?" he asked her.

Elise smiled at Riley, she had seen him a few times, but she said to Caysi that it was ok to invite him. " That's my sister's best friends." She said quietly to him. Elise looked back at her sister, seeing how she looked.. she always looked good even if she had just had a baby.

"i know who he is we've meet befor but not at the best of times." he said. "It was to do with my job."He said almost at a whisper to Elise. He was glad that Riley could make it. It meant that he could get to know the guy better.

Riley looked to Elise and smiled. "Hey. Congrats on the engagement." He said shifting his eyes to a familiar face. "Well it is a small world. Why would I not remember the an who tried to get an arrow in my head." He said gravely but now wanting to spoil the day he played nice. "Cograts." He said briefly before looking at Caysi again. "Hey cays can we talk quickly please." He asked her. He took hold of her arm lightly and pulled her away from her sister and her manic fiancée. Once they were out of ear shot he began to speak quietly, only a whisper. Caysi.You didnt say who the guy was. He almost killed me the other week." He said quickly'

"I bet you hes just said i tried to kill him the other week." He said quitely to Elise "It was bad timeing on his behalf." he said "Dude how many times do i have to say sorry!" Micheal shouted at Riley

Caysi was extremely confused with Rileys comment about being attacked. " What the f*<k?" She said looking at Riley. Caysi scratched her head, " Would you like to tell me the whole story?" She asked looking up at him.

Riley looked over his shoulder as Michael shouted at him. He couldn't believe that he as being so inappropriate at his own party. Looked like someone ha to be house trained and had to learn some manners. Looking back to Caysi as she spoke he nodded slowly. "Ok well I was sat in the dinnet in the Mall and I was marking some papers and all of a sudden this arrow rushes past my head and that guy is trying to get me to leave.I had never met him before in my life. The arrow missed my head by like a centermeter." He whispered to her. Keeping his voice down low so Caysi could just about hear him.

As Riley didnt repli michael decided to go out for some fresh air and meet and greet the guests as they apparated out side. "Honey im just gonna start meeting the guestes as they come in are you gonna join me?" he asked her. As he walked out he signalled for caysi ro follow him he needed to talk to her away from riley.

Caysi listened to Riley as he spoke, but still she was superiorly confused as to why Michael would shoot an arrow at him. The blonde scratched her head yet again. " I see, I'm extremely confused." She shook her head as she gave a confusing laugh. Caysi nodded to Michael, she would go outside and talk to him. " Riley.. there's something that we need to talk about later... in private." She said softly. The blonde was a bit scared, but she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and walked out to where Michael was. With her heart pounding with what she had just done, she approached Michael." What's up." She said kicking her foot around.

Riley chuckled slightly. It confused him too and if it had happened to him first hand then it wasnt suprising to him that she didnt understand. "Neigher do i dont worry about it." He said biting his bottom. His eye brows knitted together quickly as she mentioned that she wanted to talk to him later. He couldnt help but wonder why she needed to talk to him in private. "Urm ok well il just go and eat the food over there while you talk to robin hood over there." He said as he walked towards the food and drink. If anything could take his mind of matters, it was good food

" I would like to explain whats going on with me and Riley." He told Caysi what happened and how it was just to do with his job. "He never takes my apologies seriously could you talk to him for me please."

Caysi nodded and listened to Michael's explanation. " Ah, I see.. so nothing to really be worried about I guess." The blonde smiled. " Sure, I'll talk to him, don't worry." Caysi gave a warming smile and walked back close to Riley. Caysi would tell Riley what Michael was really trying to do and also what she had to tell him earlier that needed to be said in private. The blonde motioned for Riley to see her in the secluded room.

"Thank you caysi i owe you one." he told her. He decided to take a walk to clear his mind of riley and try to make he day go perfectly. As he came back to the front he saw Elise and snuck up behind her and kissed her.

Out of charecter

Lauras at work so wont respond till later probally

Seamus walked around his kitchen, picking up some of the messes that were left by his fiance and his daughters. The man couldn't believe that his youngest daughter was getting married when even his oldest son or daughter weren't married at all. The brown haired man shook his head in disbelief. Where did the time go? It was as if only yesterday he was rocking Elise in her chair and feeding her mashed potatoes. The man walked out and apparated to the hall. " Hello there, I'm Seamus, you must be.. Michael?" He said looking from his daughter to the boy.

"Hello sir i am Michael and you must be my beautiful fiances father sir." he told the man. "I'm glad you could make it. As i would like to get to know you all better." he said to the man he would now know as sir. "Please come in and make yourself comfterable." he said to the man. "Right lets go and say thankyou to the guestes for coming to the party." He said. He held his arm out for Elise to take as they walked back into the hall.

Riley watched Caysi walk back towards him. His mouth full of whatever he had picked up, maybe it was a sandwich, he wasn't sure but it did taste nice. Finishing the food in his mouth Riley followed Caysi close behind. He was at a total loss as to what she wanted him for but never the less he followed her "Hey Cays what's the gossip." He said crouching down to her level like a school girl would to listen to something that had happened to another student. Still being a teenager himself Riley liked to think that he could get away with being a bit immature at times and not act his age. Of course being a Professor and a dad, he dont make a habit of it. He wanted to set an example.

Caysi's hands were trembling, but she was going to say what she had to say. " Riley, he wasn't trying to kill you or hurt you.. he was just doing his job." She shrugged her shoulders and looked at the floor. " Might as well say what I was going to say now.." She said placing her hands together. " Riley.. I think that I'm in love with you." She said looking at him. " Actually.. to be correct, I know that I am." She stated.

The blonde put her fingers through her hair, " Lately, it's just been crazy with all the feelings that I've been having for you, your in everything that I do." She didn't even realise that it rhymed. " I've never had these feelings for someone else before, it's very odd." Caysi stated walking around the small empty room. " And.. the sad part is.. I don't know what to do." Caysi sighed. " I won't throw my feelings away, I'll never do that." She shook her head. " But I would love to be with you Riley, you don't even understand." She shook her head. " We could get through anything... together." The blonde added. " Riley.. I don't think that I can see a future without you in it." She shook her head, her eyes forming small tears at the side. " If we try.. then we can do anything. It's better to try then to have not tried at all." She said softly.

" I don't know.. you probably don't want to hear this at all." She started to walk out of the room.

Riley stood up strait and folded his arms across his chest as she mentioned Micheal. Did he serious ask her to appolise for him. How much of a coward could he be. Obviously Elise had no standers. Shaking his head of that train of thought he concerntrated on what else Caysi began to say to him. He sighed. He really didnt want to be talking about this. He didnt know if he could get out of it, why was she so infatuated by him he really wasnt the best guy in the world and with his past history he should have been the last guy on her list. "Cays. Please dont do this. Your about to ruin everything. Your my best friend. You know me so well and i need my friends more than i need anything else. Me and you, could never work. We both know it and it would waste everything which we have worked for now." He said quietly taking hold of her hands in his. "Please. Just.....Just be my friend." He said looking sadly into her eyes.

Caysi sighed as she listened to Riley. Caysi didn't know what to do at all. She had some serious feelings for Riley, but once again, and like always she would have to cover that. " Your right." She stated. " I, Uh, yeah." She gave a small smile. How would she be able to over come this. " Everytime something happens, everytime I love someone some sh/t happens." The blonde sighed.

Riley felt a lump form in his throat. He felt so guilty now. He knew that she had had some bad history with her last love interests and now she had an oportunity with him and he was rejecting her. "Im sorry. I really am but think about it for a second, can you do better than me. I mean there are loads of better guys around." He said sighing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back