Surely Things Can Only Get Better?

Leila Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
After the absolute disastrous first flying lesson, Leila knew that she had to practise if she was going to be as good as her classmates. She first thought about asking Jess or Geo to help her but the two of them were so good already it would be embarrassing for Leila to be rubbish in front of them. In the end she decided to go down to the Quidditch Pitch on her own and practise by herself, at least there would be no one there to see her fall of her broom.

Ethan was not as good at flying as he wished he could be and he hoped to eventually be on the Quidditch team so he knew he would have to practice. He decided to go out to the Pitch to see if he could get some alone practice time before his his next flying lesson so when they finally took off the ground he wouldn't look ridiculous. He had just finished grabbing a broom from the school broom shed and was walking out onto the pitch when he saw someone else there already. "Trying to get some extra practice in?" he said politely as he walked up to where she stood. He didn't know how long she had been out here but it seemed like she hadn't taken flight just yet, so he wondered if he would even get a chance to fly or if she would want to be alone.

Leila turned around to see who it was that had joined her at the Quidditch Pitch and it looked like a boy of her own age. She nodded at the boy's question "yeah I am, I need all the practise I can get" she laughed nervously. She wasn't proud of being rubbish at flying, she was quite ashamed of it actually which is why she hoped the Pitch would be deserted but maybe this person could help her in a positive way. "Are you here for the same reason?" she asked, kicking a patch of grass near her.

Ethan grinned and nodded his head when the girl asked if he was there to practice also. "Yeah! Are you hoping to join the team next year too?" he asked innocently. Ethan was trying to train so he could get better so he thought perhaps the girl was doing the same thing too. He wasn't able to join the Quidditch team as a first year and he recognized the girl from their sorting so he knew she was a first year as well. "Want to train together? I'm Ethan by the way," he added, holding his hand out to shake.

Leila almost laughed at the boy's question "Me? Join the Gryffindor Quidditch Team?!" she thought. Instead, she shook her head "no, I don't think so. Flying and Quidditch aren't really my thing" she replied to the boy "that's what i've since found out anyway" she added, feeling her lip trembling. She put the thought to the back of her mind and tried to smile at the boy. "Thanks for the offer, i'll try and hep you train if you like. I am hopeless though so I don't know how much help i'll actually be" she replied to the boy honestly. "My name is Leila. Nice to meet you Ethan" she smiled at the boy, taking his hand and shaking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back