Sunshine and Summertime

Katheryn Kingsley

OOC First Name
Kait
Sexual Orientation
Bas
Wand
Maple Wand 12'' core of female Kelpie Hair
Katheryn Kingsley sat on the couch in her sister's Californian home. The young hufflepuff had decided to come and sat with Kiera for the summer holidays after learning two things. The first was that her older, reckless sister had fought a dark presence along with her husband and two aurors. All four of them had been badly injured and come close to dying. That was enough to cause her to worry without learning that Kiera was also now pregnant. James was away most of the time and Katheryn did not want Kiera staying alone.

So now the red head sat on the sofa, wearing white sundress that was perfect for the sweltering temperatures of California. Kat turned, hearing her sister coming from the kitchen to sit beside her. They were watching an old muggle movie as Kat waited for her friend.

Several days ago, Patrica Rogers Styx had sent her an owl, asking to visit. Kat had immediately agreed with Kiera's approval. The younger girl should arrive today at some point. Until that time, Kiera and Kat amused themselves with whatever Kiera had around the house. It was always easy for the sisters to find something to do.

Lame. Sorry

The day had finally come that Patricia had been dreading for a few weeks now, more so since the holidays had started. When she was informed those two years ago; it was hard to believe that it was that long ago; that Kalif Styx was her father, Patricia never imagined the things that would come by being related to that family. The Zhefarovich family, that she later found out was the roots of the Styx family, was a family like no other Patricia had ever encountered before. It was an old family full or rules and laws and other things that Patricia had yet to fully find out about. Although as of today Patricia was only concered about one of the rules, the one that stated all blood relatives have to receive the family crest in the form of a tattoo over their entire back when they turned 16. That's the thing, Patricia was only 16, she didn't want to have a tattoo that covered her entire back. She had of course seen Hadans but the Hufflepuff had no idea how she was able to bare having that thing there for everyone to see, and it was never going to disappear.

Despite her worries about getting this tattoo she knew she had to go through with it as the consequences were much less desirable than having a horrid tattoo. After being apparated to the Zhefarovich Manor to receive her tattoo Patricia was releaved to hear that there was the option to receive the mark without the pain. Even though Patricia was putting up a strong front in front of her grandfather - a man that after meeting him for the first time Patricia was in no rush to meet again - she was no fool and gladly took the pain free method. The whole ordeal relatively quick and thankfully painless but Patricia was correct in knowing herself well and that after it she didn't want to see her family at all.

At the beginning of the holidays, Patricia knew that she would feel this way towards her family after going through this whole thing and she had sent one of her friends; Katheryn Kingsley, an owl asking if she could visit her, just so she could get away from her whole family for a while. Having one of her family members apparate her to Kat's sisters house in California, something Patricia was glad about - getting far far away from her family. Even though receiving her mark had been painless, Patricia had indeed cried a bit after it, partly because the spell was starting to ware off and her back was sore but because she had done it and they was no going back. Standing outside of Kat's sisters house Patricia knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer, her eyes red and puffy after crying.

Kiera Potterwas sitting in her living room, laughing at an old muggle movie. James didn't understand why she liked muggle things the way she did. He had grown up in the wizarding world but he didn't mind her muggle things in the house. However, James wasn't with her right now. Instead, her little sister, Kat, sat beside her. The older girl was grateful for the company since she often felt her house was too quiet without James.

Kiera hadn't minded at all when Kat asked if Patricia Styx could come visit for a while. The house had four bedrooms and three were never in use. She wouldn't mind the extra girl at all, though Kiera had never actually met the younger girl. Kiera had already made lunch in preperation of the girl's arrival. She didn't want anyone to get hungry. Ever since she had found out she was pregnant, she had been eating more. Kiera didn't want her baby to get hungry.

Kiera's hand was resting on her abdomen as she heard her doorbell ring. She turned to Katheryn as she stood up. "Kitty that would be your friend." she said grinning, knowing the nickname annoyed Katheryn. Kiera went to the door and opened it. "You must be Pat. Come on in." she said in a friendly voice. "We were just watching muggle movies." she said, gesturing to the still running television. "Are you hungry? I have lunch in the kitchen if you are." Kiera said as her own stomach grumbled.

Kat rolled her eyes at Kiera's nickname for her. It was a silly name from childhood. Kat wasn't going to let it get to her. She turned and looked at the door as Kiera skipped off to answer it. Katheryn stood, a smile on her face. She went to Pat as she came inside. "Hey!" she said, giving her friend a hug. "I'm so glad you could come!" she said excitedly. She would save her questions for later, when Kiera left them alone. She frowned slightly as she saw her friend's eyes were red. Had the girl been crying?

Patricia heard someone at the other side of the door and put on a smile so as not to look out of place. When the door opened Patricia saw Kiera, Kat’s sister. Patricia didn’t know the older girl personally but she had been Head Girl at Hogwarts a few years ago and she had appeared in the Daily Prophet a few times, not that Patricia ever really read it and when she did, she didn’t really believe it. “Thank you.” she said to Kiera as she entered her house. “No thanks, I ate before I left. But I could go for some water, I didn’t realise her hot it would be here.” she said with a small laugh. It had of course been winter back in New Zealand and even though it was still a bit warm; enough to pull of her current attire, America was much warmer – it being summer and all. Patricia could have taken off her light cardigan but she knew it would show a fair amount of her now tattooed back, and she’d prefer to tell Kat about it first before showing her. As she stepped on into the house she saw Kat coming to meet her. When her friend embraced her Patricia winced at the pain of the contact to her back but didn’t say anything. “Hey Kat!” she said, her voice remaining light and happy. “No bother. Thanks for letting me come over.” she said, directing her thanks at both sisters, knowing that she wouldn’t be here without both of them. She really did appreciate this.

Kat grinned at Pat as she thanked the two girls. "Oh it was no problem really. We are happy to have you here." she said with a bright smile."Come on we can go to the kitchen and get some water." she said, leading the way to the other room. On the counter, Kiera had set out several different kinds of sandwiches cut into triangles. Kat went to the refridgerator and got out two bottles of water. She handed one to Patricia before sitting down on a bar stool. She picked up a sandwich. "So...how's your summer been?" she asked.

Kiera grinned down at the younger girl. "You are more than welcome Patricia. Besides, I need company since I've been put on restriction from Quidditch and gymnastics." she said with a shrug. Kiera hated it that she would not be able to do the things she loved but it was well worth it for her little girl or boy. Kiera waved to them as they headed towards the kitchen. "I will see you girls later. I think I'm going to go lay by the pool for a little bit." she said with a wink to Kat and Pat. She would let the two girls talk alone and catch up while she tanned her skin.

Patricia smiled at Kat as she said they were glad to have her here, for this she couldn't be happier. She entered the kitchen and sat on one of the stools, thanking Kat for the water as she passed it too her. Taking a sip she let out a small sigh, it was a lot warmer than she expected but she'd get used to it soon. "It's been...um...quiet so far. Just been spending it with the family, working or getting my school supplies out of the way." she nonchalantly, leaving the only real news she had until later. "And you?" she returned the older girls question. When Kiera left Patricia frowned her eyebrows, "What's up with Kiera?" she asked, when the older girl said she had been put on restriction from Quidditch and gymnastics, hoping she wasn't being nosey.

Katheryn nodded her head, listening as Pat said her summer had been quiet. She grinned as the younger girl asked about her own summer. "Welll, I went to Hawaii to vist Jacob Hallsworth. We stayed with his older sister, Maddiie. I don't know if you remember her but she was a Hufflepuff and graduated Kiera's year." Kat explained. "It was really beautiful there." she said blushing slightly. It also didn't hurt that she really liked Jake. When Patricia asked about Kiera, Kat laughed and her blue eyes gleamed wickedly. Her older sister had sounded quite dramatic but she had always been a drama queen in Kat's opinion. "She's going to have a baby so she isn't allowed to do anything dangerous." she said, knowing Kiera was bored out of her mind.

Patricia took another sip of her water, feeling it help cool her down already. She listened to her friend talk about her summer so far, nodding at the mention of Maddiie - she had remembered her vaguely from a few years ago as she was a Hufflepuff when she attended Hogwarts. Patricia smirked lightly behind her bottle of water as she took another sip when she noticed the blush rise on Kat's cheeks, Patricia figured she was blushing because of how beautiful Hawaii was but she opted to remain quiet on the whole topic of boys. Patricia still had a huge crush on Ruki and she hated not seeing him much during these holidays as she was visiting family and friends and he was out house hunting for himself as he was now the legal age and able to move out of his parents house. When Kat told Pat was up with Kiera the young Hufflepuffs face lit up, "Oh that's awesome!" she said with enthusiasm. "Not the whole not being able to play Quidditch or do gymnastics but still, that's great news."she said with a small laugh, cringing slightly as the feeling of her top moving against her tattoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back