Sunday Evening

"Well has there are students staying, I have to stay. Just incase they get up to mischief and need my help. Which they usually always do" he smiled, "You don't know if any other Gryffindors are staying besides Andromeda do you?"

Amy smiled, she had completely, somehow, forgotten his services would be required over the Christmas holidays. "Oh yeah I think there are a few, well I'm sure Ellie is at any rate" she said, frowning trying to remember.

"There's always some I guess" he muttered, "How is your singing Ms. Stone? Fancy singing some carol songs with me to while away the time? I must tell you I am a shocking singer".

Unfortunately, he wasn't but he wasn't going to embarress her by telling her practically every member of his family could sing except for his sister. His own voice was deep but melodic, his mother had always referred to him as her Irish Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra, much to his embarressment.

"My singing? Its non-existant" she replied laughing slightly. It was true, Amy had only one talent, drawing. This was one area she excelled in, although she had no faith in herself. She had received no praise by anyone, except her dad and uncle who she felt were obliged to tell her she was good.
Her mind reeled back to Andy's singing. "Andy's a really good singer" she said with a smile, turning to face Mr O'Brien.

Patrick smiled, "She's a natural alright, my mother taught her an old traditional type of singing. Ace is really good at it but try telling that to her. She doesn't do good with the whole praise and compliment thing. Never has well unless it's got to do with her flying!"

Patrick smiled again, "What about you Amy? It's not singing so what is it? That is your talent, I mean".

Amy smiled as Mr O'Brien told her about Andy and her singing and the songs she had been taught. At the question about her own talents she shrugged slightly. "I guess I can draw okay" she said, thinking that she really couldn't do a lot else.

"Hey in my book most people can sing, only a handful are really good drawers. So don't just it like it's a useless gift. Drawing is pretty cool in my book" he smiled at her.

"Yeah I guess so" Amy said, a small smile spreading across her face. She decided that she would start drawing more, taking her stuff round school with her from now on.

Patrick yawned and looked out the window, the sun was slowly rising. He checked his watch.
"Ms Stone I think you could very well talk for England in the next Olympics" he smiled at her, "It's just gone 5:30am. Not bad for trying to find something to do. If you like I can give you some parchment and a quill if you'd like to draw but I really need to get some more shut eye in case the hospital gets busy today".

Amy glanced out of the window when she saw Mr O'Brien look out. She felt bad that she had kept him up. "Oh I'm so sorry for keeping you up!" she exclaimed. She hadn't meant to talk so much, she didn't even realise she was doing so.

Patrick stifled another yawn.
"You're fine Amy, absolutely fine" he flicked his wand and summoned some parchment and a quill. He placed these on the bed tray and pulled it up so that she would be able to reach it properly.
"I want a masterpiece when I come back" he smiled at her, "You'll be alright now? The storm seems to have passed at least."

Amy watched as Mr O'Brien summoned a piece of parchment and a quill and smiled. She would gladly draw, it would speed up the time until morning. "I'll be fine now thanks!" she said happily, looking out the window to see that the worst of the storm was now over. She reached over move the tray onto her lap, and picked up the quill. She paused for thought for a moment, wondering what she could draw. Andy had said that her uncle liked flying, so maybe a quidditch pitch....

Amy completely forgot where she was and why she was there and lost herself in her drawing.

Patrick watched her at first begin to think about her choice of subject perhaps, he smiled and went to his quarters. Sleep took him instantly.

Amy had completely lost track of time as she set about drawing. She moved her hand expertly across the page, filling in all the blank spaces with pictures. The only movement she made was that of her hand, and every now and again she would tilt her head to the side, to see her picture from different angles.

As day began to break, and the sun began to rise higher and higher, Amy only then looked up from the parchment. It had been a new experiance, drawing with a quill. She normally drew with a pencil, but she was pleased with the results the quill had yielded. She looked up out of the window, the sun rising on the cold damp morning. The rain had ceased and had successfully done its jjob of refreshing the ground. She smiled, thinking that today would be a good day.

Amy was unsure as to how long she had been drawing. She had no watch and there was no clock that she could see of. She gazed down at the piece of parchment, crowded with pictures.

The main scene was of a quidditch pitch, which took up the whole piece of parchment. Amy had been down to the pitch a fair few times so as to have a rough idea of how to draw it from memory. The hoops and stands were clearly defined, but after drawing just that, Amy thought that her drawing looked a bit empty. She therefore had set about drawing the balls, relatively large, dotted around the place. She had concentrated hard on getting all the accurate detail, she had coloured, smudged, shaded, basically everything she knew how to get the right effect. She had been pleased with her final result, but felt as if there was something missing. After gazing down at her piece of parchment, a frown upon her face she smiled as she realised what she could add. Directly in the centre of the page she had added the Hogwarts New Zealand crest, taking pride of place. She had drawn it as big as her other drawings would allow it, and when she was finished she was pleased with her result.

She was unsure as to when Mr O'Brien would wake up and so therefore sat herself back, making herself more comfortable, letting the morning sun wash over her skin, her green eyes gleaming.

Patrick woke bright and refreshed and walked back to the hospital wing to see Amy Stone sitting back in the bed all relaxed.
"Well Amy you are free to go. We will do this again and hopefully get the quantity right the next time" he smiled at her.

"I'll sign you out but you best hurry so you don't miss breakfast" he called to her as he walked back to his office.

[[ apologies for this rushing off the post. Patrick is taking a sabatical for a while and I didn't want to leave any of your threads lounging about at a dead end. So please feel free to godmod Patrick saying goodbye as you leave.]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back