Sunday Evening

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
As had been asked, Amy made her way slowly up to the Hospital Wing. Mr O'Brien had told her to come and, even though she didn't really want to come, she knew she had to. She had brought her sleeping stuff with her and as she approched the doors to the Wing she stopped outside. She paused there for a moment before walking in and putting her stuff on one of the beds there.
Looking round she saw that it was completely empty and was glad of this. She could see no sign of Mr O'Brien anywhere and so approached the office door, knocking gently on it.

Patrick had been down in the Great Hall trying to eat something for the first time that day when the alarm on his time piece telling him that someone had entered the hospital had rang. He dropped everything and made his way up as quickly as he could. Pushing open the doors of the hospital wing he saw Amy Stone standing by his office.
"Ah, my patient arrives" he smiled at her, "I hope you weren't waiting too long?"

Amy had just dropped her hand from knocking on the office door when Mr O'Brien arrived behind her. Spinning round she smiled. "I haven't been waiting long at all" she replied in answer to his question, "I hope I wasn't interuppting you at all..." she said trailing off. She was unsure as to what she should say next and so simply stood there, feeling slighlty uncomfortable.

"I was just grabbing a bite to eat that's all", he smiled at her, "Now you're all ready then?"

He waited for her reply and then indicated the hospital wing.
"You have a choice of ten beds" he smiled, "Have your pick, you can draw the partition around while your changing and for your own privacy and the bathroom is at the end of the wing straight down there" he pointed with his wand the large room at the end of the room.

"Just call me when you're ready I'll just be in my office" he smiled at her.

Amy attempted a smile, "Yeah...ready" she said peering around her. She listened as he told her about the arrangments and where everything was located. Nodding her head to show she understood she watched as he made his way to his office.
Knowing that what bed she chose really didn't matter she sat tentatively on the edge of the one she had dumped her stuff on. Slowly picking up her pyjamas she closed the partitions and began to get changed.
Once she she put on her pyjamas, which were of a light green colour and sat herself on the edge of the bed.
"Erm Mr O'Brien, I'm ready" she called out, hoping he would here. If not she would go to the office and then call him.
Looking round she felt anxious, she really didn't want to be here, especially after what had happened....

Patrick smiled and returned to the hospital wing when he heard her voice calling him. On his way he stopped at the medicine cabinet and took out the bottle of the Draught of Peace. He filled a vial up at the large table and carried it to where Ms. Stone waited.

"Right can you take this for me" he asked handing her the small vial, he then wrote down the time and quantity on his parchment before sending it back to his office.

Amy watched as Mr O'Brien came back into a ward, stop at a cabinet and pour a liquid substance into a vial. When asked to drink it Amy was slightly cautious. However when she lifted the vial to her mouth she stopped abruptly. "Erm, may I ask what it is before I drink it? And what it does...please?" she asked. After all she wanted to know what exactly it was she was about to drink and she wanted to know just what it would do to her.

"You have every right to know Ms. Stone, it is called the draught of peace. It is an elixir that helps induce a peaceful slumber, a completely deep sleep" he smiled at her, "I'm writing up different measurements because I want to see how much will be necessary for you to take before falling asleep. Some people are only a very small dose but those who have extreme difficulty sleeping need more. The catch unfortunately is that too much and you might never wake up, you could die" he said very matter of factly, "that is why I have to make sure the measurements are exact and that I write each one down so I never go over the required dosage".

Amy listened as Mr O'Brien explained to her exactly what the potion was and what did. She looked down at the vial in her hand, swirling it round a little. She was slightly nervous about taking it, but at the same time slightly relieved. Hopefully this may mean the end of her lack of sleep. She looked up at Mr O'Brien as he stopped speaking and then back down at the vial. Smiling meekly she said, "Here goes" and she swiftly drank the potion.

((How is the potion supposed to affect me? I mean am I supposed to begin feeling sleepy straight away? Just so that I can RP the effects :) ))

Patrick watched her drink back the potion. Hopefully this would work and straight away and he wouldn't need to give her another dose.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

Amy had just taken the potion when an immense feeling of, almost relief hit her. She began feeling slightly tired, but not quite enough to make her want to sleep. She looked up at Mr O'Brien, "Slightly sleepy" she replied to his question. She wasn't quite sure if this was meant to happen so she waited for him to decide what to do next.

Patrick checked his timepiece and jotted her reaction down on the parchment along with the time. He filled just another small amount into a vial and quicly wrote this down as well. He handed it to her and simply told her to drink that one back as well. Patrick waited.

Amy watched as Mr O'Brien scribbled something down on a piece of parchment. She swung her legs onto the bed as he began to fill another vial with just a small amount this time. When he handed it to her Amy drank it quickly, and the effects were almost instantaneous. She began feeling very drowsy and felt completely at ease. Before she knew it the tiredness hit her, and the last thing she knew, hear head was slowly hitting the pillow, and she was asleep.

Patrick smiled breathing a sigh of relief. He knew she would now sleep peacefully for the entire night. He pulled the blankets up around her and picked up the parchment before walking back to his office. Waving his wand the partition at the side of her bed stretched itself about it, giving her privacy in her slumber.

Patrick was relieved that he did not have to give her a stonger dose, this was good. This was managable at least. A few days of taking the draught of peace before bed time and her natural sleep would return to normal.

Amy was at home, her father and uncle there, Dylan was sitting on her lap, a peaceful scene. But it changed in an instant. All of a sudden the dog began to bark, loudly, very loudly. Amy rolled over, but continued to sleep on, He continued barking, but it starte changing, it was now a banging sound... Amy woke startled, and glanced around her. For a minute she didn't know where she was but slowly it came back to her. The Hospital Wing she thought slowly to herself. BANG. There it was again. She looked out of the window and now understood. It was solely the rumble of thunder and the flashes of lightening, the rain slapping the window. She looked around but there was no sign of Mr O'Brien. She didn't have a clue what the time was and the darkness outside didn't help. She laid back in bed, just staring at the ceiling, waiting for the morning to come, if it was indeed still night.

Patrick was roused by the thunder and lightening he hated nights like these. Getting up wearily from his bed, he dressed and put his slippers on. He would have to put a silencing charm on the windows so the storm would not disturb Ms. Stone. He walked out to the hospital wing and was surprised to find she was already awake.
The potion hadn't worked as well as he had hoped after all, if it had she would have slept through the worst of the storm.
"You can't sleep?" he smiled walking over to her.

Amy heard the opening of a door and glanced in the direction she thought it had come from. She couldn't see too well but then a bolt of lightening illuminated the dark Hospital Wig, throwing the outline of Mr O'Brien into relief. Smiling at him she replied to his question, "Not really, the storm outside woke me up, althought I haven't been up that long" she finished, wondering if that was normal after taking the potion she had been given.

Patrick leaned against the other bed and smiled.
"I guess it's back to the drawing board then, I can't risk giving you another dose tonight. You would sleep but you just mightened wake up", he told her. He scratched his head and checked his timepiece.
"It's only 4:15am Ms. Stone what am I going to do with you for the rest of the morning" he smiled suppressing a yawn, "I don't suppose you feel like folding more sheets".

He laughed then at the very thought of folding sheets or anything else for that matter at this hour of the morning.

Amy smiled as Mr O'Brien seemed not to know what to do with her now. she hated to think of herself as getting in the way, but was shaken out of this thought as he told her the time, "Only 4.15?" she asked, sighing and shrinking back onto her pillow. "I could always go back to my dormitory, if I was in the way here or anything" she suggested, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

"Ms. Stone you are never in the way" he smiled kindly, "Don't even think it for a minute. We just need to figure out what to do until it's a decent hour to be awake. Any ideas?"

Amy smiled gratefully at Mr O'Brien, now wondering how she would explain to the others her coming into the dormitory at 4.15 in the morning. "I'm all out of ideas, normally if I was awake I'd go for a walk in the garden but looking at the weather..." she said trailing off, gazing out of the window at the continuous rain.

"Oh no I'm fine thank you very much" she replied politely. She could never eat as soon as she woke, but instead an hour or so later. Amy wondered what Mr O'Brien would suggest now, not quite knowing herself what to suggest.

"Usually I'm only awake now if a patient really needs me, I haven't a glimmer what we could do really. What are your plans for Yuletide season?" he asked probably more out of desperation but part of him wondered how many Gryffindors would be around over the holidays. Would Ace be alone?

"Oh, well I'm not too sure in all honesty, I might be going home or I might be staying here, I'm expecting a letter from my dad any day now" she replied, thinking about it, really quite excited. "Yourself?" she asked out of sheer politeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back