OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Arianna Nightray had always wanted to come to Italy, but unfortunately, her boyfriend, Jeremiah didn't seem to want to bring her or their daughters to visit any of his family members. But she had been curious. She had always been curious, staying in a hospital room for nearly half of her life does that to people. And so, the first chance she got, mainly her grandparents sending Miah off on a business trip with Liam ('cause that's obviously gonna go over well), she had written a letter to one of his brothers that she'd be visiting with Artemisa and Felicita in a couple of days. Needless to say, when the day in the letter came, she had prepared the twins early and they all used a portkey to transport them to where she was sure was just the outside of the gate of Aless' place. She took a look around, a daughter on either side of her before she took their little hands and led them towards the bell that would hopefully call attention to their presence outside of the property. Letting go of Artemisa for a short while, she rung the bell as the little one clung to the skirt of her sundress. Her hand settled upon the young one's hair on top of her head as the three of them waited for anyone to come and see them.

It had been a nice, quiet day for Alessio Vittori. After having had a busy week with dealing with the bank over the value of goods, and running into wall after wall with regards to telling Robin no, the Italian man was looking toward his day away from everything. Robin was off at the circus, and whilst Alessio would often go and watch him train, this day was his day. He would spend it painting, and reading, and drinking some good tea. Whilst he wore trousers and a comfortable, formal shirt, he still wore his dressing gown over it and wore comfortable slippers - his form of comfort wear. His forehead creased slightly, however, as it became apparent that he had guests. Unannounced guests. He couldn't very well just leave them at the gate... could he? No, no that would be rude. Sighing quietly and putting his tea on the table, he wrapped his dressing gown tighter around himself and slipped on his slippers, before leaving the terrace and crossing the yard. Breaking from the thick Cyprus tree line that surrounded the path that lead to his house, he spotted a young woman with two smaller girls beside her. His curiosity was peaked, and so he continued his approach, but stood in front of the gate without opening it. He had absolutely no idea who this woman was, and regarded her carefully with an eyebrow raised.

"Good morning," he greeted quietly in Italian, blue eyes flicking between the identical little girls beside her. "Can I help you?" To his surprise, the young girls that clung to the woman (who he assumed was their mother), began shouting for him to use English. It almost felt like there were no Italians here, really, he had been using English so often. "Let me repeat," he began, switching to his most disliked language. "May I help you?"
<i></i>

Thankfully, Arianna and the twins did not have to wait long before a man came into view from behind the tree line. The woman smiled at them as the girls shifted a little to try and stand behind her, but they were also curious about the man so that led both of them just clutching on to her dress while she ran information through her mind on how to actually handle talking to this man. She could most certainly see the resemblance, but he was totally different from her boyfriend. She looked on in confusion though when he had begun to speak, the words vaguely familiar to her ears, though she couldn't quite place why. Until the twins began shouting at the man which surprised her. She shushed them gently, placing an index finger to her lips. That explained why she was familiar with the words but couldn't understand it. He was speaking in Italian. She smiled at the man, "Uh, hi... I'm Arianna, and this is Artemisa and Felicita," she said gesturing to each twin respectively. Hopefully, introducing themselves would joggle his memory about their visit. She had written to him quite a number of days ago after all.

Well, that told him absolutely nothing. The occlumens was quite sure he did not know an Arianna, or Felicita, or Artemisa, and was not seeking to allow them entrance to his home until he knew who they were, and why they were trying to enter his property. Perhaps he was untrusting, but he didn't like his home being visited by strangers. The names of the little girls were shared by a few distant cousins, but their mother clearly at Asian decent, and so this did absolutely nothing to clear his confusion on the matter. "Well met, Arianna. My name is Alessio Vittori. Why are you currently standing at my gate, exactly?"
<i></i>

Arianna looked in confusion at the man who seemed to be just as confused as she was. Did he not read the letter that she had sent? She was pretty sure she had gotten the right address. And well, by the looks of it, she had gotten the right person too. "Well, uh... I wrote you a letter a couple of days ago that we would be coming to visit while Miah was away on a business trip," the woman said quite uncertainly as she was still trying to get over the mishap that was currently happening. "I had not realized that you had not perhaps gotten my letter. I apologize," she said sincerely although Artemisa was already tugging on her skirt. Smiling at the man in excuse before leaning down to talk to her daughters who were currently asking who the man was. "Well, he's your Uncle Alessio," Ria said with a smile. "I don't know what Daddy told you to call him though," she said before patting their heads, returning to her previous position to look at the man on the other side of the gate. She had to wonder if all of Miah's siblings were like him.

He felt about as confused as she looked, but his face was unreadable. Miah? Letter? He had no such letter, and had little clue on who she was talking about. He did not know a 'Miah', he did not know an Arianna, and quite frankly if this woman left immediately it would make him feel much better. He looked at the pair of little girls as they continued shouting at him - something that was common with children and part of the reason he only associated with about two children. His eyebrows rose, however, when Arianna continued. And it finally all made sense. That Miah. Jeremiah. Sigh. He couldn't just send her on her way now - especially when what he assumed was her owl just flew past the fence and into the window. He waved the gate open with his hand and gestured with a swept for her to enter the property. "They may call me Zio Alessio. Please, follow me. Do you want something to drink? To eat?" It was rather early, breakfast time, some would say, although he had already eaten when he first woke up.
<i></i>

Arianna had been about to say that they should probably come back another time, hopefully with Jeremiah in tow, when the children had started shouting at the man. She would have tried to calm them down until the gates opened and before she could even stop them, they ran off towards the man's property, squealing and giggling madly. "Artemisa! Felicita!" the former Gryffindor tried calling them back but it was to no avail. "I am so sorry for intruding on you like this," she apologized quite profusely as she entered and went over to the man. She shook her head politely at the offer with a small smile before training her eyes on the twins. She doesn't normally go out with them by herself after all. Normally they would be with Miah, or Miah and her, or Miah and Ai. But never her alone. Her health was still questionable at best quite a few times so it was quite risky for her to take them out by herself. But she had supposed they had been cooped up far too long in Nightray manor while their father was away. Although visiting their uncle probably shouldn't have been top of the list.

Alessio held his hand up to her in order to silence her. Quite frankly, he and his house had been through worse than two little girls running and screaming towards his garden. He kept watch of both Arianna and her girls, but doubted they would succumb to any harm he could not fix. He walked her to the terrace, the girls finding a spot to plant themselves at the flower garden and caress the brightly blooming flowers. He pulled one of the chairs out to Arianna, gesturing for her to sit, before sitting himself and sipping his tea once more. Her letter was on the table now, and he tapped it, bemused. "I suppose there is little point in opening this now. Are you sure I can get you nothing? Tea? Juice? What about your daughters?"
<i></i>

Arianna followed the man silently, her gaze wandering to her daughters quite frequently. As soon as they had gotten to the flower garden they had been giggling quietly amongst themselves and playing with the flowers with gentle care. They were silent for the most part except the sudden calling of 'Mommy' and 'Zio Alessio' from time to time as they showed off the flowers cared for by their uncle. "I suppose. I'm really sorry. I suppose I should've waited for a reply before coming to visit," she said with a sheepish smile. "No, I'm okay. I just had tea a few hours ago. I'm not supposed to have more than a cup a day. And they'll be okay for another hour or so," she said with a small smile. "I guess there's not much point in introducing myself again, but I'm Arianna Nightray. It's nice to finally meet you... uhm... Mr. Vittori," she said with a meek smile. Obviously she was going about the whole process in a messed up and roundabout way, but she really did mean well.

Technically, yes. Yes she should have, but in all honesty the reply would have included several reasons as to why she would not be able to visit. If she wanted to actually see him, there was no way it would be possible through planned letter exchange. He sipped at his tea, and mostly kept his attention of the woman across from him, although his eyes naturally flickered to the pair of giggling girls that were slowly going through and touching every flower in the garden. "Well, if they need anything, my kitchen is not far and well stocked. They will not starve here, and nor will you." Connecting his tea back to its saucer with practised silence, and put them both back on the table. "Well met, please call me Alessio. Mind by forwardness, but why have you taken it upon yourself to visit me?"​
<i>
</i>

"Thank you," Arianna replied curtly with a smile gracing her features as her gaze wandered upon her daughters. They had their fun in Nightray manor, she and Miah made absolutely sure of it, but sometimes she acknowledged the fact that the place was suffocating as hell, and she wanted to get them out of there. Especially since she wasn't comfortable leaving them without Miah or Liam at home. Or even Armin or Rivaille. She could never trust her girls to her uncle nor to her grandparents. It was much too dangerous. And even if she was at home, there was not much she could do if push came to shove. "Oh no, not at all. I just thought it would do them some good to meet someone from their father's side. Miah talks about his family from time to time, and I've been wanting to meet at least one of you for quite some time," the woman said honestly. It was nice to be out of that suffocating manor that was their home. It had been constricting before, but Miah and the girls had made it bearable. Without his presence though, she doubted she'd be able to protect their girls alone. "Although quite regretfully, my health had not allowed me travel for quite some time."

Abby was now three months pregnant and outwardly showing. She'd not been terribly big with Nathanial and Emily and she'd rather hoped that she'd not show too badly with this pregnancy as well, but so far there was no luck there. She wore a rather loud maternal shirt. It was her right as a pregnant woman to dress in whatever way she saw fit and she was going to abuse that privilege to absolutely zero. She quickly flung her bag over her shoulder (which secretly contained her secret stash of coffee grains) and headed out to Alessio's house. She'd made an effort to visit him at least once a week, but after her wedding had toned to about one ever three weeks or so. Really, he should have expected her by now, so she was a little annoyed at having to stop when reaching his wards. The wards he was far too good at making. "Alesssiiiiooooo!" She called out to him just to be sure he knew she was there. "Allllessssiiooooo, lemme in!"

And he just happened to be the lucky family member. He had so many brothers and sisters that could have been saddled with the job of meeting Jeremiah's children. It could be worse, he supposed, it could be Gabrian's fiancé sitting across from him. Either way, he would need to write to Jeremiah, or move house and not give out his address to anyone. He loathed surprises, especially the visitor kind. At least she was fine company, she could be worse, most younger people were. It was at least partially comforting to see family in decent hands, and not having been visited because she needed something. "That is a shame, and I am sorry to hear it. Have you-" He was cut off by a painfully familiar voice, and closed his eyes slowly as if his name was causing him some sort of pain. Abbigale. He could pick her accent anywhere, seeing as it painfully stuck out here. Part of the reason he kept his wards so up-to-date wasn't the fear of aggressive intruders, but familiar ones. He excused himself from Arianna's company and began his walk back to his gate. Sure, he could have apparated, but he savoured the momentary feeling of being alone he got from the walk.

"Abbigale," he greeted, opening the gate but regretting every motion to do so. Unfortunately, he couldn't just send his sister-in-law home, and he couldn't leave her outside the gates. He was stuck with her. "I hope you're well. Do you need me to carry your bag?" He gestured for her to step in, before closing the gate behind her and walking her to the terrace. His nieces went tearing across the yard, the one in blue chasing the other, who clutched a flower to her tiny chest. He looked at Abbigale and pointed to each in turn. "Artemisa and Felicita, I have their mother, Arianna, visiting. Do you know her?" Because he sure as Hell didn't.
<i></i>

Arianna could slightly feel the frustration of the man for her surprise visit. She appreciated the fact that he was not making it obvious, but even if she was not raised in the manor, she had been trained in business, and she was running a company with her cousin. It was practically needed that she be able to gauge people's reactions and emotions. She would have excused herself and the two children if not for the fact that they were enjoying themselves immensely. Sure the Nightray manor had its own lawn and gardens, but the twins were not as free as they are right now. Her grandparents and her uncle were strict after all and Ria had not wanted her girls to turn out like her she, her brothers and her cousins did. Adults in children's bodies. Arianna nodded politely as Alessio had excused himself to let his new visitor in and the former Gryffindor wondered if that would be their signal to leave. Deciding that it probably was, she stood from her seat and had just been about to call her daughters who were chasing each other, she had seen a familiar face that she had not seen since graduation. Although now was quite heavily pregnant. "Professor Hayes?" Arianna called out once she had actually assured herself that it was the former Muggle Studies professor when she was still studying in Hogwarts New Zealand.

Despite knowing that she was likely an annoyance to her brother-in-law, Abby greatly appreciated his not leaving her to stand outside. She knew that courtesy dictated he allowed her inside, she'd learned a lot about this sort of thing over time, but she also knew that he did still have the option of ignoring her and was happy that he didn't. She smiled at Alessio and stepped in as he allowed her entry. "It's good to see you. I've not been around in a bit, I was feeling a little off. Thankyou, yes that would be helpful." Abby handed him her bag and followed him as they walked. She frowned when she noticed the two girls running amok in the yard and turned to ask of them when she was asked first. "Artimisa and Felicita? No, their names don't ring a bell. Who's their father?" The name of the mother wasn't much familiar either, but that didn't mean anything, after all, Arianna was a common name. In fact there were a couple of students who were named that if she recalled. As they walked onto the terrace however she heard someone call her professor and turned around. "Oh! Hello Arianna. These must be your children. I'm not a Professor anymore, nor is my last name Hayes. Feel free to call me Abby." She stopped for a second. "Hold on, what are you doing here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back