Stupid death eaters...

Magnus Follower

OOC First Name
Jenny
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Magnus Follower paced through the dim streets, enjoying the random fights, drunks, and gaudy store fronts, all the while trying to stay in the shadows. The one thing he had learned in his short time here was that you did not, under any circumstances, want to stick out. Not to get him wrong, Magnus was pleased to have found Bleak Street. He found himself strangely attracted to the grim setting. Maybe it was because this was the one place where he actually felt like he fit in, surrounded by other misfits and non-law abiding citizens. These were his kind of people. Well, other than the hordes of death eaters. Honestly, Magnus didn't see the whole attraction to being a death eater. Sure killing and fighting could be fun, but only if you had a purpose. Maybe he was just missing something... Either way, death eaters bugged him.

Bleak Street was the only place that Sunako was allowed to ware her hood at all times. She was confortable in her hood though there wasn't much to hide from herself any more. Her face was nothing special to look at yes but she had stopped being ugly. Well on the outside at least. Inside she was as black as the filthy sidewalks. Sunako carried as usual one of her large tumbs but this one was not for reading. Hoshi had started to get more involved with her father's business matters and so Sunako was now playing to role of delivery girl. It was here that she saw one of her fellow school mates who she knew by face but not by name. "Should you not be back in Drumstrang." She said in the mono-tone voice that made most of the school shudder around her.

Magnus spun around, surprised that somebody had actually spoken to him. In a poor attempt to hide his surprise, he plastered a smile onto his face. When he found the girl who had spoken to him though, the smile faded. The hooded figure that stood in front of him gave him the chills. There was something in her voice that made him want to just walk away before something bad happened. At the same time though, he found himself attracted. Magnus had always liked people who didn't try to fit in.

As for the girl's question, Durmstrang was probably the last place that Magnus wanted to be. He had learned to classify everyone there as either a future death eater or a waste of skin. But of course, he couldn't tell this to his classmate so he just replied with "I never really cared for school... And what about you?"

The hood nodded. "There are a few who feel this way about school. I personally find it a useful filler of time but then again most of my competition is too afraid that I will pour some strange liquid in their soup to even try to take the top spot from me." She said with no tone in her voice. Sunako thought nothing about being one of the most feared people in Drumstrang. None of the sixth years would even consider standing too close too close to her. This being a school that was full of what some considered future death eaters or compleat bubble heads.

"I am on excused leave mandated by my family. If you value your own skin you will not as any more questions." She said flatly but then did something that was unexpected of Sunako. "You may acompany me if you wish. Bleak Street is not a place where one who does not have the skill to wonder alone. And if worse come to worse you could always be the tripped party." with it came out a creepy laugh. There was no doubt that there was something off about Sunako. She meant of course that if the situation called for running she would not hesatate to trip him in order to be the one getting away. One never had to be faster than the persuer only faster than the person running along side one. The thought almost made Sunako laugh again.

Magnus was immediately taken back by this girl's comment on school. Who in their right mind found school useful? It was the biggest waste of time ever! Furthermore, he did not appreciate this whole high and mighty act, in fact, he kind of wanted to take her on and show her who was boss. If she had been a muggle he probably would've left her bleeding on the ground already. Unfortunately though, she was a wizard, a Durmstrang wizard no less. Magnus would have to be a complete imbecile to take her on, seeing as he was quite possibly the most inept person ever with a wand... Magnus decided that it would probably be in his best interest to make this hooded girl his friend rather than his enemy.

Letting go of his anger, Magnus mulled over the hooded girl's offer to "allow him to accompany her". How in the world could anybody be so insanely cocky? But he was intrigued. And she had ordered him to stop asking questions, which Magnus immediately took as a challenge to ask more questions. Her comment about tripping him if necessary only made him chuckle. There would be no need to trip him; he wouldn't be running away in the first place. If somebody wanted to take him on, it was their death wish. Magnus almost completely lost it when he heard his acquaintance's cackle. Biting back his laughter, Magnus smiled and answered her with, "Where are you headed?" Winking at the hooded girl, he added, "I'd be interested to meet something bad enough to make Durmstrang's least wanted run away."

Sunako had gotten in only one fight while at school. This was with her now aquentence, Veronica White and that had ended In Sunako putting a babbling curse and a silencing charm on her at the same time making to it was painful to talk. The very thought of the kinds of torment Sunako could bring down on the heads of her classmates made most of the student body want to hide. Sunako liked it that way though. In her mind she didn't need friends or even family. It would only get in the way of her duty to the Koshiba clan. She walked passed the boy and started to walk.

If he followed that was on him. Sunako realized at one point that she sounded arrogant. Then again she was just speaking the truth about her skills there was and would still be no need to dimish what she could do to make someone else feel better. The 'O's in Charms, Transfigurations, Potions and Dark Arts where rather difficult to hide when the score boards where put on display for everyone to see. "A little shop no too far away from here. This way." She said over her shoulder. "I don't think you would see something like that today now that you are acompanied. Things don't seem to happen to groups." That and word had gotten out that Sunako served the Koshiba. Most on Bleak Street who valued their shops wouldn't dare attack a Koshiba worker. It wasn't as safe passage as it was to be a Koshiba oneself but it helped.

As the distance between him and the hooded figure grew, Magnus was forced to make a decision. Looking after the sketchy girl, Magnus knew that the smart thing to do would be to just let her walk away. That was also the lame thing to do though. Magnus hadn't had much excitement in his life since coming to the wizard world and the truth was he was bored. Living on the streets in the muggle world had been interesting and fast-paced, but here Magnus just couldn't seem to find anything to do.

Finally, his boredom won out and he took his place next to his questionable classmate. He knew something was wrong with this girl; nobody should be so confident in this part of Bleak Street without good reason. Magnus just didn't care though. It didn't matter how twisted or cruel this girl was, he had given her no reason to harm him yet and he didn't intend on provoking her either. Magnus felt secure around her. After walking for a few moments in silence, Magnus turned to the hooded girl and threw out, "I'm Magnus by the way. What's your name?" Magnus honestly didn't care what the hooded figure's name was, he just wanted to end the silence.

"Sunako." She said with a slight bow to her hood. She reached the shop swept inside and rang the bell. There was nothing to indecate that she was affected by the strange artifacts along the walls or even the looming feeling of being watched. Again if she was followed she gave no sign of carring. Sunako droped her hood as the store owner came up and started to talk her in japanese. "You have what I requested?" Sunako put the large paper covered book on the surprisingly clean counter. Then again this seemed to be a higher end dark artifacts shop. The man behind the counter tore a bit of the paper from tomb then nodded. He placed a bag of gallions on the counter for Sunako to take which dissapered swiftly into the folds of Sunako's cloak.

The man eyed Magnus up and down then turned to Sunako. "I did not know you for taking in stays Sunako. He commented in Japanese. "He seemed likely to do something foolish." Sunako relipied simply. "Many in this strange country are likly to do something foolish. Then again I can see that he is the type to hang around with you. You haven't told him a word of our dealings have you? The man asked Sunako carfully. Sunako looked up at him blinked then the man nodded, sending Sunako on her way. Sunako went back to Magnus, her red bloodlust filled eyes now clear on her narrow pail face. She was cute by normal standards but not that the knock out beauty that the Koshiba clan where known for. She nodded at him then put up her hood again. Buisness was done here.

Magnus lingered in the doorway as Sunako traded her tomb for a bag of what Magnus suspected were gallions. Everything about this situation reminded him of a drug deal, sketchy and not exactly legal. Just to add to his discomfort, the store owner and Sunako communicated in Japanese, making it impossible for Magnus to follow their conversation. Uneasy, Magnus remained in the doorway, leaning against the door frame and crossing his arms in order to convey to the others that he had no intention to join them. He couldnt help but feel as if he was an unwelcome witness here.

Magnus glowered at the store owner from his corner, attempting to read the old man and to make sense of their conversation. When the store owner met his glare, Magnus knew that the conversation had turned to him. He didn't care though. When the store owner and Sunako finally ended their conversation, Magnus made no movement. As Sunako came towards him, Magnus got his first good look at the hooded girl. Cute, he thought, as cute as a girl who wears a hood can be atleast. But his glimpse of Sunako's face was short, as she quickly returned to the shadows of her hood. Magnus kept his face straight, refusing to reveal any of his thoughts or emotions. As the hooded girl stepped past him though the doorway, Magnus shot the shop keeper one last look. Then he followed the girl out. "Well that was fun," Magnus said sarcastically. Then he seriously added, "What was with the tomb?"

Sunako stopped for a moment then continued on beyond the little shop she had visisted. "My job is to run these things from place to place that was just the biggest of them. I could not hide that with in the confinds of my cloak and I refuse to ware a purse." She said simply. She did really Sunako wasn't girly in the smallest sence. Not even when it came to her apperence. She didn't even look in mirrors knowing her looks by memory. She knew more of course. Being Hoshi-sama's slave meant that she knew a lot more than most people thought she did but Sunako was going to say all that.

"I have about three more to hit but this was the main goal. I have the entire day to get to the other three. For now I can spare some time on getting you to the Harbor." She said turning to him. Sunako didn't want company for the others because she knew the people in there where not as accepting as the stor owner she had just visited was. He knew the Koshiba well and any worker that came from them was bound to be trust worthy. Either that or they would suffer a fate worse than death. The others though where likely to kill Magnus on site.

Magnus smiled at Sunako as she answered his question. He was aware that Sunako wasn't telling him the whole truth about her job, but that was alright. Magnus wasn't involved and that was all that really mattered. Currently, he was entertained by the idea of this sketchy girl dressed in pink and sparkles instead of her dark hood and mysterious air. When he attempted to imagine Sunako with a frilly purse he almost burst out laughing. He glanced around Bleak Street as they walked, hiding his smile from the hooded girl.

He listened silently until Sunako finished telling him that she'd help him to the harbour. Magnus shook his head in order to clear his mind and regained his focus. He was amused by the fact that this girl figured that she needed to help him to the harbour. Jokingly, he responded to her offer with, "Trying to get rid of me, hey?" He followed this with a short laugh in order to assure her that he was only kidding. He was aware that Sunako probably thought of him as a hindrance, but once again, he didn't care. Magnus just did what he did best and went with it, allowing Sunako to lead him through the dark streets towards the Harbour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back