Studying under a tree

Maria Granger

Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Maria walked into the Great Lawn and sat under a tree on the far side. Schholwork was really getting to her and she could no longer work in a stuffy common room. Maria took out her potions book and started scribbling notes on a piece of parchment. Nothing could ever interrupt her academics.

Xavier was in a good amount of rush today because he had to finish one of his assignments, which he had procrastinated for one day. It wasn't in the habit of Xavier to leave homework for other days, he usually finished the homework on the same day he got it. He was rushing through The Great Lawn when he saw someone studying under the tree. He closely examined and saw that it was Maria, whom seemed to be studying, but struggling a little bit too. Xavier scratched his head and thought that he really shouldn't disturb her, plus, he had to do some of his own homework as well, revise his notes and what not. "Saying hi won't really hurt." Xavier said in a mumble.

Xavier started to walk towards Maria and said, "Studying are we?" said Xavier.

Maria was focused in writing notes and briefly stopped to tie back her hair which were being a hassle. She leaned back against the tree and continued her work when she heard a familiar voice. She looked up to see Xavier standing there. ' Oh hi, how's it going? And Yes just finishing some work. Have a seat.' she said not wanting to be rude.

Xavier was a little surprised at how welcoming she was, she he sat next to her. "I'm doing good. How're you doing?" said Xavier, he took a little pause and said, "I'm in the same boat as you, trying to get some stuff done, you know." said Xavier with a smile. "So, what're you studying there? If you want, I could be of some assistance to you if you wish." said Xavier with a smile. Xavier loved to help people out in their studies because he know how important they were. Without studies and good grades, people really couldn't get good jobs or anything.

Maria smiled at him ' Im doing fine, actually right now I'm just copying some notes so I can review later but thank you for offering your help.' She replied. Maria was still surprised by the fact that he was engaged at such a young age, did they talk about it at all she wondered. Maria could never commit to something like this but what if Hamza was planning on doingthe same thing? Mara wasn't even comfortae with saying I love you yet. Since Xavier and Hamza were such good friends she asked him ' So tell me about Hamza. I want to hear your point of view.'

Not a problem, just let me know if you ever need any help." said Xavier with a smile. Xavier was glad to see that Hamza had made a good choice for choosing Maria, she was nice, polite, friendly, and what not. "What do you want to hear about Hamza?" said Xavier.

Maria thought about what she wantedto know then asked ' Just his thoughts on relationships.' Maria couldn't be straight up with Xavier and ask him exactly what was on her mind, he just met her.

"Well, he's a pretty cool guy. He stays calm for a lot of the times and he hates getting angry, but he does get angry when he must. He's the type of guy who takes care of others, puts other's needs and wants over his and stays happy a lot of the time." said Xavier. "I know for sure he will NEVER cheat on you or anything, I just want you to keep that same promise as well, after all, he is like a brother to me." said Xavier with a smile.

Maria expected everything that Xavier said but one thing made her raise her eyebrow.
' Do I look like the type who would or something?' Maria asked. She sensed that Xavier was warning her not to betray Hamza but was it because he suspected thatshe was involved with someone else?

"You certainly don't. Please, don't take my concern in a wrong way, I'm only just worried about Hamza sometimes." said Xavier with a sad face. Xavier knew that Maria wasn't involved with anyone else nor would she cheat on Hamza. Xavier just wanted to inform Maria not to hurt Hamza if possible.

Maria understood that Xavier meant well for his friend and she respected that. ' We just started going out so right now I don't think it's anything too serious. I don't like to rush into these things. I'm not sure how serious Hamza is about all this though.' Maria concluded.

"It's good to see that you aren't rushing through things but do you know how he feels? It's not always good enough to call someone your boyfriend/girlfriend and not understand them." said Xavier. "Have you ever kissed him with your heart or said I love you to him before?" said Xavier with a smile. This question was going to tell Xavier is she truly loved Hamza or not.

Xavier asked her some very personal questions, but he was Hamza's friend and even if he wasn't, Maria felt as if he could be trusted. " I know that Hamza really cares for me as I care for him. Whenever I do kiss him, there is this feeling inside me like he is the one and nothing else matters when Im with him. Having said that I haven't said that I love him. I think its too early for me to say that i love him, because I haven't figured it out." Maria replied thoughtfully. Her answer was honest and she hoped Xavier could see that.

Xavier thought that was a fair enough of an answer, but that still didn't answer his question. "So I'm guessing you are 'like' him and not 'love' him?" said Xavier with disappointment. This really disappointed Xavier because it seemed that Maria really didn't know what love was, nor would she ever love Hamza the way he loves her.

Xavier was really starting to get personal. He was Hamza's friend and cared for his well being so it was understandable. "I think my feelings for him are more then "like" but not to the extent of love." Maria answered. She was strong in her beliefs and she would back them up no matter what.

"That doesn't exactly answer my question." said Xavier. "I know Eleona loves me and I love her. I don't see why you don't 'know' where you are placed at." said Xavier with aggressive response.

Xavier was getting frustrated with Maria. She wished he would mind his own business. " Why is this so important to you?" Maria asked in a serious tone. This was the first conversation they had and it wasnt going too well.

It's important to me because he is a brother to me and I can't see him hurt, do you understand? If anyone were to hurt him, I swear on my grandmother's grave, that person WILL pay." said Xavier in a very serious tone. He got up and walked 2 feet away from Maria. "I don't care how you are with him, you love him or you don't love him, that's non of my concern, that is your business, but when it comes to Hamza, if he get's hurt, I will make that person pay." said Xavier in a mad tone. All of a sudden, blue sparks started to come out of Xavier's hands which looked like lightning of some sort, but he closed his fists to hide it.

Maria was very surprised by his reaction. "You can excuse yourself now, nobody talks to me like that. And if that was a threat, Im not intimidated by you." Maria finished.

"I don't need to excuse myself, do you understand? Nobody order's me to do anything, get that into your head. If you've got a problem, deal with it or face it. I'm not here to Intimidate you, but was asking you simple questions, it's your answers that ticked me off." said Xavier in a deep tone. Xavier was about to take out his wand and show this wanna-be girl a lesson, but he hesitated since she was after all his brother's girlfriend.

"I do have a problem. Its with you." She replied. Her voice was filled with disgust for him. She stood up and left since she wasnt going to be the first to leave. Xavier taught her not to judge others by their appearance.

Xavier felt Maria getting up and leaving, so he got back in control of himself and all the lightning around his hand, and what not went away. "Maria, wait!" said Xavier with a apologizing voice. Xavier turned around and sad next to the tree. "Come here Maria, I have to say something to you." said Xavier.

As Maria was walking away, she half turned and said ' You ve said enough already, and I'm not willing to listen anymore.' With that she began to walkaway from him.

With that, Xavier walked towards the other way and screamed, "I'm sorry Maria, I really am. Please forgive me." said Xavier felling sorry for himself.

Maria heard Xavier apologize but this situation could not be forgiven by a simple sorry. Maria did not reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back