Closed Studying Before the Meeting

Evangeline Moss

Gentle- Nervous- Sarcastic

OOC First Name
Jess S
Wand
Knotted 17 1/2 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Evie was still very nervous about the History club meeting. It was without a doubt the smallest club in the school. It shouldn't be so hard for her, should it? But just the thought of going made her stomach twist in anxious little knots, like a pretzel made from stale bread. She sighed, a history book in front of her, and she pored over the pages, trying to get something to stick so that she could maybe hopefully at least feel a little bit prepared.

Emmanuel was getting some books for the history club, hoping to entice more people to join and make that their first event of the year would be good. He was making his way through the library when he noticed Evie and realized the books she had was one of the ones he wanted. He smiled at her, "Hey Evie," he greeted with a warm and friendly tone. Likewise, he sat down next to her and gave a little smile. "Doing some reading?" he said, pointing to the book. "You know that you don't have to do work before the meetings right?" Emmanuel always had a warm tone, speaking easily and with always kindness in it.

Evie was startled out of her thoughts when she heard someone speak to her. She peeked up shyly, her cheeks stained pink. "H-hello," She stammered, smiling softly. "I'm sorry," She apologized immediately. "I just- I wanted to be able to talk more," She explained, looking down at the table and knowing her ears burned with shame.

Emmanuel smiled at the girl. ”It's okay, nothing wrong with that,” he assured her, ”Nothing wrong with saying nothing either. We're not like class,” he did opt to remind her. He wouldn't mind if she wanted to catch up before meetings so she could say more or for her to not say anything during meetings, it was up to her. ”That's an interesting book, anything stand out to you in particular?” he asked, curious to see what she had liked about the book.

Evie swallowed hard. "I, ah... I like reading about famous women authors. Jane Austen, Mary Shelley." She offered, twisting her hair around her finger. "Do you have a favorite story in particular?" She asked, trying her best to be social. Even if it was just building on the history thing, it was definitely a start for her.

Emmanuel didn't know much about famous women authors, or authors in general. "Oh that's interesting, what do you know about them?" he asked curiously, since he didn't know about it. He wanted to know about it. "I'm not much of a fiction reader, I focus a lot on pre-history, though for the club it's usually more recent. I've been reading about Godric Gryffindor recently, and he's a really interesting person," the boy said.

Evie looked down at her book, fidgeting a bit. "Well... um, Jane Austin published four books while she was alive, and two were published after her death," She offered, before peeking up at him. She listened to him talk about Godric, nodding slowly. "He is?" She spoke gently, fidgeting with the edge of a page.

Emmanuel nodded as she spoke. "Wow, why were two published after her death?" he asked, wondering if she knew why but if she didn't wouldn't be bothered with it, it would just be something for him to look up in his own time later. "Yeah, he was one of the founders, obviously. But he had a sword, made by goblins that could kill anything and could become more powerful with anything it killed." he replied lightly. "He is said to have been pretty progressive for the time, and helped cast out Slytherin, after he tried to stop muggleborns from going to magical school.

Evie bit her lip. "I... I'm not sure, it doesn't say," She admitted shyly, looking back down at her book. She listened to him speak in much more depth about Godric Gryffindor, and she nodded slowly, feeling awful that she'd only had one measly little fact to offer and he'd had a whole section about a much more important man to talk about. "He sounds like a good man," She offered, her hands folded tightly in her lap as she stared hard at the book in front of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back