Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Iris)
Wand
Firm ten-inch Ebony with a Meteorite dust core
Rose had gotten used to her solitude a long time ago. She could never decide if it was self imposed or just unfortunate. She settled into an open window, her guitar in hand and her hair blowing softly in the cool breeze. She strummed idly for a while, unsure what she wanted to do really before finally settling on a song. She shut her eyes, lost in the cords. She had always enjoyed the sweet tones to this song. She was oblivious to everyone around her.

Whenever Iris had to think, she liked to wander. The castle provided her enough interesting corridors and places to walk, and she usually found something new even when she wasn't looking for it. The Ravenclaw was feeling slightly anxious, as she had decided over break to try to fix things with Connor. She knew how Nicole would react to that, but had realized she couldn't let the Slytherin dictate her life. Especially not when they had barely talked lately. Iris was deep in thought as she ascended the steps of the North Tower, hoping that the view up top would help calm her down. She was playing idly with one of her bracelets when she stopped in her tracks, she heard a song being played nearby. Cautiously, Iris approached the music until she saw the source of it. She smiled at the sight of Rose playing guitar on the windowsill, it looked like a picture out of a painting. She stopped near the girl and just listened for a moment, not wanting to disturb her just yet.

Rose was lost in the music, and she hadn't noticed she had company until the last chords of her song were fading away. She sighed softly, smiling, before she noticed Iris nearby. She jumped a little bit. "Oh, Iris, hi," she blushed, and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," she apologized, giving the girl a soft smile.

Iris hadn't realized she was staring until Rose noticed her. She blushed as she saw she made the other girl jump, clearing her throat. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt you." She said, though she took a step closer. "You're really good." She said with a slight smile "I didn't know you played guitar."

Rose let out a light laugh. "Well, you didn't ask," she replied, trying to keep the tone playful. She set her guitar aside and turned to Iris. "But thank you. I love it," she smiled softly. "What are you doing up here?" She asked, curious.

Iris inclined her head with a smile. "Fair." She said. She doubted Rose knew any of her hobbies, besides maybe her interest in divination. That seemed to be a well known fact about her. "I was just wandering, thinking." She admitted. "I like the view up here."

Rose smiled softly, shifting and patting the spot next to her. "The view is certainly breathtaking," She doubted Iris would catch the second meaning to her words. "Do you want to sit and tell me what you're thinking about?" She asked, quietly admiring how the sunlight played in Iris's hair.

Iris approached Rose, glancing at he to make sure she understood her correctly before sitting down next to her carefully. She didn't want to bump into her and make her drop her guitar out of the window, or something. "It is." Iris said, looking out over the ground and at the forest. "Honestly... my friends, the whole mess." She said, tucking back some of her hair. "I miss Connor." She added quietly. "But I don't know if he'd take me back as a friend. Nicole would be furious if he did, but she's kind of mad at me anyway I think, though she wouldn't admit it." She said with a sigh. "She's been pretty cold to me since I tried to stay neutral in the whole thing." She said with a sad smile.

Rose set her guitar down on the floor, wanting to make room for Iris. She turned more towards the girl when she straightened, wanting to give her her full attention. She listened quietly, hesitating a moment before reaching for Iris' hand slowly with her own. Rose was slow and clumsy in her way, but she offered a soft smile to Iris all the same. "I think they'd be rather silly to let a friend like you go," she told the other girl with a soft smile. "I know there are two sides to that particular story, and I don't find either of them blameless, but I do feel like it was something that should have been handled between the three of them, and they shouldn't have brought the whole class into it," She tried to sound reassuring. "Nothing in life is ever black or white, and I'm sorry that they're punishing you because they want it to be."

Iris started in surprise when Rose took her hand, looking down at their hands in surprise before looking up at the girl again. She listened as she spoke, sighing softly. "I just don't want to have to pick sides." She admitted. "I know that if I am Connor's friend, Nicole won't like it, if I'm Nicole's friend, Connor won't. It feels like I lost them both at once for something I had nothing- well, very little to do with." She said, frowning a bit. She had been part of the conversation that had blown everything up, but it had mostly been Nicole ranting at them. Could she have prevented this all if she had spoken up? Or at least told Nicole to save the conversation for a more private spot? How she wished she could go back in time, it would make things a lot less complicated.

Rose immediately regretted her decision, pulling her hands back and tucking them between her legs. She turned her eyes away, blushing and letting her golden hair fall to cover her face. It was a trick she had learned from Lily. "I'm sorry," she apologized again softly, biting her lip. "I think you're pretty amazing, they're being ridiculous to put you in that position," she offered shyly, not looking back at the other girl.

Iris felt a vague sense of regret as Rose hid behind her hair, not sure why she felt that way. She smiled slightly at her words, turning to look out over the grounds and take in the view instead. "Thank you." She said softly. "I'm glad I have a few other friends, like you." She said with a smile. "I'll be okay. It's just sad."

Rose was startled when Iris said they were friends, looking up at her a moment. "Wait, we're.... friends?" She blushed, looking away again and shifting nervously. "I don't really... have friends," she admitted softly. "You probably shouldn't be, either," Rose sounded resigned to the fact, unconsciously leaning away from the other girl. "I'm rash, and reckless, I'm overprotective and I have a bit of a temper," she frowned, knowing it was true.

Iris hesitated, tilting her head slightly. "I thought we were." She said, suddenly a little unsure. "I mean if you want." She said with a small shrug. The other girl went on to talk about herself quite negatively, which made Iris frown. "I haven't seen you be rash or reckless. I don't think there's anything wrong with being overprotective or having a temper." She said softly. "Besides, I could list my negative traits too. Doesn't mean I'm not worthy of having friends."

Rose was quiet a moment, surprised that not only did Iris seem like she wanted to be friends, but she also thought that Rose was worth being friends with. She peeked back over at Iris, smiling warmly. "Well, I... I think you're pretty amazing," she told the other girl, brushing her golden hair back behind her ear. "I would like to be friends, if you want to," she gave Iris a hopeful smile.

Iris laughed, tucking some of her hair behind her ear ad she looked at Rose knowingly. "I already told you I wanted to be friends, you know." She teased slightly. "But glad we're on the same page." She added, holding out her hand to make it official.

Rose bit her lip, smiling shyly as she reached out and shook Iris's hand with her own. "Does this make us flower girls?" She joked idly, knowing as she said it that it was lame. She laughed lightly. "If we find a few more flower friends we can make a whole bouquet."

Iris laughed softly. "I suppose so. I have my friend Poppy, she could join." Iris said with a small shrug. "And Juniper, though I suppose that's more of a plant..." She said, tilting her head as she considered it. "If only we were all as talented with music as you, we could start a flower-themed band or something."

Rose chuckled softly. "I wouldn't mind meeting your other flower friends," she told Iris, tucking a strand of blond hair behind her ear. She laughed as Iris suggested a flower themed band. "That's alright, I'm more of a casual player anyway." She smiled softly at the redhead. "If you want I could introduce you to Lily," she offered.

Iris smiled. "Well, Poppy and Juniper are both great. And in our classes, so I think you'd know them a bit. But they're my roommates, so I guess I'd know them better." She said, though she knew Rose wasn't very social, she hadn't seen her talking with many of her classmates. "Your dorm must be pretty noisy, with Emma there." She added lightly. Iris laughed. "Oh, right. Lily can be in the flower club too. I know her a bit because she's Lars's friend, she seems really nice."

Rose shrugged. "I know their names," She replied half heartedly, doubting that either of them would care about Rose in any way. She did smile at the comment about Emma, nodding easily. "Something like that," she laughed easily. She smiled warmly at the thought of Lily. "Lily is definitely amazing," she murmured, before noticing how dark it was getting outside. She sat up. "Oh, shoot, how long has it been? We should go get dinner." Rose slid off the windowsill, offering out a hand to Iris. "Do you wanna eat with me?" She asked with a shy smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back