Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo had been struggling in the semester. He was trying to do well in his classes, wanted to be good and do good in his OWLs, but he was struggling with having new professors and trying his best to sleep without nightmares. They weren't constant, but they were a lot and it wasn't easily for him. It was having a knock on effect with everything else and mostly he just for the first time in a while felt truly lonely and isolated. He knew he had and could talk to Jordie, but the other boy was budy an d he didn't want to disturb him because he wasn't managing to readjust to school that well. It just was a lot for him, was proving to be a lot. The hufflepuff had mentioned to James that he'd been feeling lonely, that he wanted someone to be around, and the man had suggested lunch. So Leo sat on a familiar bench, waiting for James to appear. Leo had been rather early for it, but he knew and trusted that James wouldn't be late.

James was running a few minutes late, but only because he'd gone out of town to pick up a to go order of a restaurant that Leo had really seemed to enjoy. He'd stopped at home, quickly thrown together a nice picnic package (and a care package for Leo) before rushing out to the village, finding Leo waiting exactly where he knew he would be. James fell down onto the bench beside Leo, offering a relieved smile. "Hey kiddo," He greeted, holding open his arms for a hug, letting Leo move in if he wanted to. "Sorry it took me a minute, I went and picked up some lunch,"

Leonardo didn't mind waiting for James, he was early for it, and he had waited far longer for a man who hadn't cared for him. He knew at least that James cared about him. He glanced as he heard James approaching and gave a short tight expression. Leo noted the man's arm and quickly moved into his side, leaning a little against him with a little sigh. ”That's okay, I knew you were coming,” he assured the man, not moving out of his hold.

James smiled softly, wrapping his arms around Leo. He rubbed a hand gently up and down the boys back, just holding him gently. He leaned his head against Leo's and shut his eyes. "Leo, I was thinking," He murmured, continuing to rub the boys back. "Would you like to take sixth year off? You don't have any big exams, that's fifth and seventh. You could take a year, I work from home. We could just take some time, give you some space to heal and then you can go back and finish your schooling?" He offered, instinctively pressing a kiss to the top of the boys head.

Leonardo had never been the sort of person who sought out comfort, but he was tired, things at school were stressful, things with having new professors, with the amount of work that he had to do. He was just stressed. He was just having a rough time of it, it would pass, he was sure it would pass, and for now at least he had someone who was willing to come spend time with him. It was nice, but he grew a little nervous at the suggestion. "I can handle it," Leo assured him. "I can handle school, James,"

James chuckled, running his hand through Leo's hair. "Sure, of course you can." He rocked Leo gently. "I just don't know if I can," He countered, squeezing his arm gently around Leo. "I worry for you, kiddo. I like having you close by so I can pester you more often." He chuckled, pulling back just enough to pick up the picnic basket. "There's a nice tree over by the park, not too far away. What do you say we go get comfortable and get some lunch into you?"

Leonardo was reassured that James didn't think him incapable of working, of school. He wasn't sure he could take being disappointing James. ”You don't need to worry about me James, I'm fine now,” he assured him, though he had been having a tricky semester, it wasn't because of anything actually hurting him, just those lingering feelings from his grandfather. ”Yes please,” he agreed, knowing that saying that he didn't need lunch or James didn't have to go to any lengths for him would fall on dead ears.

James chuckled, shaking his head. "Leo," He smiled softly. "It is my job to worry. I have volunteered, I took it on willingly. It is now and forever my job to worry about you." He promised. He stood, trying to pull the boy up. "Come on, I grabbed some of the dishes you seemed to like the best," He motioned for Leo to follow him, walking along towards the park. "Do you want to tell me about how the school year is going?"

Leonardo let James pull him up. leo knew it was pointless to argue about whose job it was to worry. He never won that argument, so he didn't even bother now. He followed him across to the park. "It's going okay really. The headmaster asked to see me at the end of the first week, nothing bad though," Leonardo said, quick to add the part about him not being in trouble. "I've been having some nightmares, and the new professors make me really nervous, but the therapist did say that would happen," Leonardo fell quiet, like there was a small part of him that wanted to say something else but was visibly holding back.

James listened to Leo speak, settling down under the tree and laying out the picnic blanket and pulling out the food and drinks. He nodded along, settling down with a soft groan. He really felt old sometimes. He smiled at Leo softly. "Thank you for telling me," he replied immediately. "How bad are the nightmares?" He asked gently, a little bit of worry seeping in. He wanted to protect Leo, but he hoped that even just listening would help in its own way.

Leonardo sometimes and waited until James had brought out the food and drink items. he didn't want to take anything before the man did. He shrugged a little, both to him telling James about them, but the nightmares themselves too. "Sometimes it's okay, sometimes I wake up screaming. But I cast a silencing charm on my bed, so I don't wake anyone," Leonardo assured him. "But they're not every night, just some nights," Leonardo said, not wanting him to worry about him.

James picked up his plate, eating his food a little as he listened to Leo. He reached over, rubbing his hand over the boys back. "Leo... I know you don't want to be a pest... but would you consider going to Jordie when you have nightmares?" He asked. "I know he's busy... but I know him, and honestly he would feel amazing if you would turn to him when you have these sort of issues." He tried to encourage gently. "He... well, he likes to feel needed. I think it might do you both good?" He suggested softly, giving the boy his best smile.

Leonardo shook his head lightly at the suggestion. He knew he could, and he knew that Jordie probably wouldn't mind it. ”If it's really bad, then yes, I can go to him,” he decided to say. He could do that, if it was bad. ”But I can handle them myself, and I won't always have Jordie there to help me, I need to get over this. I'm being silly, dragging all these emotions out so long. It's over, he's in jail, it's done,” the boy said. Trying to convince himself that it was. It hadn't even been that bad, other than being unforgivables.

James brow furrowed and he shook his head, rubbing Leo's back. "Leo, you are not being silly," He reassured him gently. "What you went through was traumatic, and unacceptable." He spoke softly. "It could take you years to heal, and even if it takes you all the rest of my life to heal, I will always support you. Your feelings are valid, and it's okay to not be okay." He reassured the boy with a gentle smile. "It's okay to accept comfort from others. You aren't alone anymore. You're our family, and we love you."

Leonardo nodded slightly at the reassurance. He didn't really believe it, though enough people had said it. He just had figured it wouldn't take so long for him to get over. After all, it had happened years before he'd learnt about it. But he just nodded. He didn't know what to do with some many of his feelings, naturally pushing them away before they had always gotten him in trouble before. The teen nodded lightly. "Thank you," he said quietly. Perhaps he should take a year out. The biggest thing stopping him from it was quidditch and well, Harmony. "What would I even do if I took a year out?" he asked. "Would I still do class work?"

James put his arm around Leo gently, rubbing the boys arm. "We could do some homeschooling for a year, but it would be very relaxed. I would hire a tutor, probably the same one I used for Onyx. He would work at your pace, light homework with classes." He explained. "I'd add few other classes, though. Nothing crazy, just some... life classes, I suppose. I'd teach you how to cook, how to manage your finances, just basically like a home economics sort of class to teach you how to live as an adult after school." He explained gently. "But never more than six hours a day, and two day weekends. I would want you to rest, have one therapy session a week at least, and find a new hobby, something you enjoy doing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back