Strolling

Aaron McClusky

Aaron wandered out the castle and down towards the lake. It was a breezy, chilly day, and he had to admit he was starting to get a little homesick.
He really was enjoying it at Hogwarts, he just missed his grandparents. Aaron cursed himself for these thoughts, they weren't things a boy should be thinking of, he should be tougher than that, he definitely wasn't a wimp!
Siting down beside the lake, Aaron began to toss stones in, his mind straying away to a different world, were he had already met friends and didn't feel like such a loner!

Harri walked out into the gardens, it was a chilly day and she was glad she had her big Gryffindor hoodie on. She saw someone sitting down and thought it would be nice to join him, as she walked over she thought she vaguely recognised him "Hey, mind if I join you?" she asked looking at the boy. "I'm Harri by the way," she said smiling.

Aaron was snapped out of his daydream after he heard a girls voice, "Hey" He said smiling up at her, "Sure, Im Aaron" He told her.

"Thanks Aaron!" Harri said happily sitting down next to him, "How you settling in?" she asked, she knew it could be a bit hard adjusting at first and wanted to do anything she could to help any first years settle in.

Aaron smiled as Harri sat and asked him how he was doing. "Oh I've settled in good" He lied, his voice sounded like the truth, but his sparkly green eyes gave him away. "How are you doing after coming back?" He asked, guessing Harri was a second year.

"Oh I'm doing good," she said smiling "Don't lie Aaron, it'll help if you tell someone," she said gently, she had lied so much last year about how she felt she was an expert at telling when others were lieing. It was always the eyes that gave people away.

Aaron laughed a little, an anxious laugh, Harri had him sussed!
"It's nothing, just feeling a bit, homesick" He spluttered the last word, he had never been homesick in his life!

Harri smiled "Thats it?!" she said laughing "Everyone gets a bit homesick, it's natural! I mean have you ever been away from home for long before?" she asked, "Who is it that your missing?" she asked.

Aaron laughed and looked away from Harri, skimming some pebbles over the lakes surface, "My Grandparents" he answered her, his cheeks turning a light pink.
"My Parents, were killed in a car crash when I was 2, and I've lived with my Granny and Granda since then" He explained, people always thought it was weird that he stayed with his grandparents, so he thought he might as well explain it to Harri before she asked.

Caysi was bored, she was just sitting in her common room twiddling on her quill. She made her way outside to the Garden. She was wearing her tank top and shorts, " Hey Guys!' She said smiling.

Harri smiled "No need to be embaressed thats really sweet!" she said truthfully "I'm sorry to hear about your parents," she said symphatically, she thought she should change the subject "So do you like living with your Granparents? I bet they spoil you!" she siad laughing, "Hey Caysi!" Harri said patting the ground next to her "How are you?" she asked, she had spent her summer with Caysi but since being back to school she felt like she had hardly seen her friend.

Caysi smiled and took a seat beside Harri. " I've been awesome! How've you been?" She asked her smiling. " Hello there! I'm Caysi Finnigan." She said to the boy.

Aaron smiled, "Thanks, yes it's good and yes, i get pretty spoilt" He answered Harri with a laugh before another girl joined them. She introduced herself and Aaron smiled, "Hey Caysi" He said.

Caysi smiled and sat down. " Hey guys." She smoothed down her shorts. " How goes it?" She asked them.

Harri laughed "Well its all good then isn't it!" she said grinning at Aaron "If you ever need to talk I'm here!" Harri added, she grinned at Caysi "I'm fab thanks, how about you?" she asked.

Caysi smiled. " I'm good, could be better...you still haven't told me what happened in the Hospital Wing when I had my hand broken." She told her giggling.

Harri started laughing as soon as the hospital wing was mentioned and found she couldn't stop, when she finally managed to calm down "So I'm guessing you love bunnies, pie and my parents cause thats all you could go on about!" She said before exploding in laughter again "Oh and also the nurse is now dragon lady!" Harri said laughing harder now, "Remember that Aaron. Nurse Porter is Dragon Lady!" She said laughing and thinking they probably thought she was extremly weird.

Caysi looked at Harri with her big green eyes. " Oh my lord." She said putting her hands to her head. " Wow, that must have been interesting for you." She laughed, her laughed picked up and started into a big laugh. She started to laugh like a maniac. " I'm sorry guys, that's so funny." She laughed, Aaron thought she must be a lunatic at this point.

Caysi's laughter was infectious and soon Harri was crying with laughter "You should have seen the nurse! She hated me! And you were skipping around talking about taking over Ireland!" she said laughing like crazy.

Harri laughed "Your a quick learner!" she said "But everyone loves us for it don't they Cays!" she said nudging her "Including..." she paused dramatically "CAMERON KINGSLEY!" She shouted at the top of her voice and laughing.

Caysi was howling with laughter. " I really said that?" She asked. " Bunnies, Ireland? Where the heck did I come up with that stuff!" She laughed.

Harri laughed "You must have a secret desire to be a bunny!" she said laughing "But taking over Ireland? I never knew you wanted to be a dictator!" she said laughing.

Caysi laughed. " Bunnies are cute!" She smiled. " A dictator...well I may have to pursue that career." She laughed.

Harri laughed "Oh no you won't!" she said "I can't be friends with a dictator!" she sad jokingly "But seriously these thoughts must have been running through your head before for you to come out with them!" she said laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back