Stormie Lew

Stormie Lew

Stormie had taken a muggle airplane from the Hogwarts Express to Dresden, where her family was visiting for the summer. Her dad was waiting for her at the airport with a smile and open arms. She ran to him and gave him a big hug. "Dad!! I missed you!!" He hugged her back. "So...?" he grinned. She started talking a million miles a minute. "It's amazing!! I've made some really good friends, you have to meet them, you and mom have to come to see me off in the fall. There's Kaela and Courtney and Estrella, and I met a girl named Elizabeth, she's so nice!! OH!! And I got a job at Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes!!!" Her face brightened as she waited for his response. "That's fantastic, honey! ...What exactly is it? A pharmacy?"

She had been so used to being surrounded by witches and wizards that she just assumed her dad knew. For a moment she looked confused, and then remembered he was a muggle and laughed. "Sure you've heard of Fred and George Weasley, right? Well there's a village right near the school called Hogsmeade, and they have a joke shop there! It's like... you wheeze... when you laugh, you know?" She giggled excitedly and hugged him again.

They headed to the car, a hybrid electric muggle one, and packed in her luggage. "What's in the box?" her dad asked curiosly. "I'll show you once we get in" Stormie winked furtively. Once they were off, she pulled open the lid and revealed a vibrant purple toad. "His name is Disco Magic Action!" she said happily. He croaked loudly, and she laughed. "That means he likes you, dad!" They talked happily all the way to a small white apartment in the middle of the city. As she looked at him quizzically, Stormie's dad explained. "My uncle's cousin lives here, but he's on vacation for a year in London. He's letting us stay for free, so be careful what you practice inside the house" he pointed to her wand.

"Oh dad, I almost forgot! There's a wandmaker called Mr. Ollivander, and he's brilliant!! He told me about his wand, and apparently it's made of really rare wood and he crafted it himself. Mine's made of Holly," she said proudly. He replied, "ahh, yes. I've met Ollivander before. Did a bit of work for him, actually, putting an ad into a small wizarding weekly paper. Great man."

As they walked into the apartment, Stormie looked around for her brother.

(((TBC...)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back