OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
It had been nearly six months that Marleigh had been in New Zealand and still all she'd managed to land as far as a music career was a few nights a month at a muggle pub and a few gigs here and there at some of the local wizarding haunts. It was getting to be a bit discouraging, but at least she did have a steady job waiting tables and she was still living with Dietrich so she wasn't having to pay for rent and living with him was practically like living on her own as he was rarely ever home.

Having the day off and nothing else planned Marleigh grabbed her guitar case and headed out to her favorite spot in Obsidian Harbour. Laying out the pale yellow blanket at her 'spot' under the large shade tree Marleigh sat down and pulled her guitar out of the case and began strumming a tune and humming along with it while she rested her head against the trunk, her eyes closed while she meditated.

Cameron had been in New Zealand for about a month and a half. He had been out of school for a while but had yet to get a job. He applied at the ministry of magic in New Zealand this week. Cam should hear back from them any day. Until then, he planned to do his best to meet new people.

Cameron was walking leisurely through the streets of Obsidian Harbour. He was dressed casually in muggle clothes, jeans and a t-shirt. Cameron came to a girl sitting under a tree. She had a guitar she was strumming and humming along with. Cameron grinned, she was lovely. He strolled over to her. "Hi there. Mind if I join you?" he asked in his velvet voice.

Marleigh jumped slightly when someone asked if they could join her. She hadn't really anticipated that anyone would approach her as they rarely did. Holding one hand to shield her eyes from the sun she looked up and saw that it was a young man, probably around the same age as she was. "Um, yeah. Sure," she said in her southern accent and then added, "I'm Marleigh and you are?"

Cameron recognized his own southern accent in her voice. He walked under the shade and took a seat next to her. He ran a hand through his hair, a cooked smile on his face. "I'm Cameron but you can call me Cam." he told the pretty girl. "Its a pleasure to meet you ma'am." he told her, his accent shining through. "Where are you from Marleigh?" Cam asked in a pleasant voice.

Marleigh felt suddenly relaxed. Her own accent didn't seem out of place at all when she heard him talk. For the first time in months a genuine smile curled up on her face as she answered, "Taylorsville, North Carolina. How about you? Obviously not from around here." Her green eyes touched appreciatively upon the southern gentleman in front of her. This was definitely a pleasant turn of events for her and lifted the damper that had been on her mood as of late.

Cameron relaxed as Marleigh spoke. She had a soothing voice. It was an accent he only heard in his family's voices these days. Her smile was dazzling. "Ah North Carolina. Nice state." he said appreciatively. His blue eyes sparkled at her question. The corners of his mouth pulled up into an honest smile. "I'm from Georgia originally but we moved to California when I was 12." Cam explained. He missed his homestate. This girl made him feel like he was back in the south.

"I have family that live in Georgia though I haven't talked to them in a while.  They think I'm a bit of a...well a freak I guess because of the whole magic thing," Marleigh said screwing up her face a bit thinking about the time when her family had found out her secret.  Being muggle born and having powers always made things awkward at holiday events so she'd simply stopped attending when she was thirteen. "I'm guessing that since Salem is the only magical institute in the U.S. and as it's an all girls school you must have attended somewhere else. Unless you were homeschooled that is," Marleigh inquired curiously, still not all that up to date with magic academies across the globe.

Cameron nodded his head. He understood the position the girl had to be in with her family. Cameron's father was a muggle. "Yeah my dad had a pretty hard time with the magic thing at first. I'm the oldest so it was a big shock to the family when I got letters from Wizarding schools. My mom's a witch but she wasn't around and my dad had no clue she had been a witch." Cam said openly about his family. He felt like a kindred spirit with Mayleigh. He normal wasn't this open.

Cameron listened with amusement to the girl talk. He liked that accent. He hadn't realized how much he missed it. Cameron grinned as the girl was pretty much dead on. "I was not homeschooled." he told her, amusement in his voice. "I attended Durmstrang." he told her, watching her reaction.

"Wow. Must have been quite a shock for you dad then. I can only imagine the look on his face," Marleigh stated sympathetically, remembering her parents reaction when she'd first gotten her letter. It had nearly broken up their marriage. When Cameron said that he had atteneded Durmstrang her ears perked. That was where Dietrich had attended and when she'd first heard the name it had nearly given her second thoughts. It had been known to be a rough school that usually produced mostly bad seeds, but Dietrich and his friends weren't bad at all and Cameron seemed nice enough...and cute too. "Seems to me that a lot of people from Durmstrang end up here in New Zealand. I wonder why that is," she mused out loud.

Cameron chuckled. "His face was priceless. But the whole magic thing explained so much." he said, grinning. Cameron paid close attention to Marleigh's facial expressions. She seemed to know the name Durmstrang but her expression didn't show anything negitive in it. "I can see what you mean by that. I liked it here when I competed as the Durmstrang champion in the Triwizard tournament. I decided to come back and be closer to my sisters." he told the pretty young girl.

Marleigh was impressed that Cam had been selected once of the champions for the TriWizard tournament. She'd read about them, but had never actually thought she'd meet someone who'd competed. "So you have two sisters? They attend the school here then? How come they didn't attend Durmstrang along with you," she spurred off in a series of questions, hoping desperately that it wasn't overly annoying to him.

Cameron chuckled as Marleigh fired questions at him. "Slow down." he said still chuckling. "Yes, I have two sisters. Kiera is a 6th year Gryffindor. Then Katheryn is a 4th year Hufflepuff. Both of them attend Hogwarts New Zealand. They are sweet girls." he said lovingly. Cameron cared about his family and was fiercely protective over them. "Kiera has always been a surprising little thing. She just chose to go to this Hogwarts and Kat followed her." he said grinning his crooked smile as he looked into Marleigh's eyes.

Marleigh's cheeks flushed light pink when he told her to slow down. "Sorry, I get a little antsy at times," she said placing her guitar to the side and crossing her legs indian style under her. Marleigh listend as Cameron talked about his sisters. He seemed to care about them so very much, probably the protective older brother type which made her a little envious as she was an only child and had no one that she was really close to. In school she'd always been a bit of a loner which made those times the lonliest seven years she'd ever had. The way that Cam looked at her only made her cheeks blush further, turning a bright red color. Averting her gaze she asked, "So, umm, how old are you exactly? You can't be much over eighteen."

Cameron laughed. "Its alright. I just cant answer that many questions so quickly." he said, amusement dancing in his eyes. Cameron watched as the girl made herself comfortable. That was a good sign. Marleigh didn't seem antsy to get rid of him. "Do you have any siblings?" he asked since they were talking on that subject. Cameron grinned as Marleigh averted her eyes and her cheeks turned red. That was also a good sign. "I'm 19." he told her with a smile in the corner of his lips. She looked nervous. "How old are you Miss Marleigh?" he asked.

"Acutally no. I'm an only child," she said plainly, still wishing she'd had a sibling or two rather they be older or younger. Marleigh looked up and smiled timidly when he said he was nineteen and replied with, "Same...I mean I'm nineteen too." Looking behind Cameron at the people passing she asked with genuine curiosity, "So, what do you do for fun around here? I mean, my housemate throws these elaborate parties and well, that's just not me. I don't really find them all that fun, mostly just a bunch of noisy drunks." She hadn't meant to bad mouth or seem ungrateful, but she got horribly bored when she wasn't working.

Cameron smiled warmly at Marleigh. "You know sometimes younger sisters are annoying." he said rolling his eyes playfully. He could tell she wished she had some siblings. He tried to down play the whole siblings thing. "So your 19 too? When's your birthday?" he asked, just curious. Cameron laughed as she asked him what there was fun to do around here. "You've got me. I mostly hang out at home with my soon to be step family. I only moved here recently. I haven't met many people." he told her truthfully. Cameron smiled apologetically at her. He knew how annoying it could be to live in a party house. "Housemate? Sounds like you don't really like these parties.. Why?" he asked questioningly. He noticed she said housemate not boyfriend.

"October twenty-third. How about you," she said in reply to him. Marleigh nodded when he said he didn't really know of anything fun to do around here. "Oh, who's getting married? Your mom or your dad," she asked curiosly when he mentioned hanging out with his soon to be step family. As to his next question Marleigh responded, "Yeah housemate. Someone I met when I first moved here. He offered me a place to live for free basically, but it's a bit like living on my own because he plays professional quidditch so is away a lot...except of course when he's home he has these huge parties. I've just never been much of a pariter to be honest. Always kept to myself for the most part." It sounded truly pathetic, but it was the truth. "There is a muggle movie theater in the next town over that plays old black and white movies that I go to sometimes, but that's about it on my fun scale...though I'm not sure that really constitutes fun for most people," she said laughing a little bit.

Cameron committed her birthday to his memory. "Mine is the 13th of Febuary. And its my mom who's getting married this coming June. Her fiance just bought them a new manor to live in and they invited me to move in with them for a while." Cam explained to Marleigh. He listened carefully as she explained about her living situation. From what he understood, she was living with a boy who she didn't know well. She didn't like the parties. Cameron smiled kindly at her. "To be honest, I'm not one for wild crazy parties either." he admitted. Cameron listened with interest as she explained about the old movie theater. "Wow. Sounds awesome. I love the old classics. It's hard to beat them." he said giving her a charming smile.

"The day before Valentine's day. Neat," Marleigh mused out loud, but then inwardly berated herself for how stupid it sounded. "Wow. That's pretty awesome. The new house and them letting you live with them," she stated and then added, "Do you like him? Your mom's fiance I mean." Marleigh hoped she wasn't intruding, but she was genuinely curious. When Cameron said he wasn't much for parties either she smiled at him. "Well at least I'm not the only one," she said before adding, "Maybe we could go together sometime. I mean...um...yeah." Marleigh was kicking herself in the butt for practically asking him out though she hadn't meant it like that.

Cameron grinned. Marleigh sounded nervous in his opinion. He wondered why that was..."Yeah Raziel's alright." he said with a shug. "He is an auror for the ministry here in New Zealand. I don't know him much. Other than he seems to love my mom." Kiera mused. He didn't mind telling the girl about his family. He was an honest and open person. Cameron's eyes danced with amusement as Marleigh practically asked him out. He wondered if she meant it like that. Cam flashed her a smile. "I would love to...especially with you." he said flirtatously.

"Well I guess that's the most important thing right? Him really loving her," she said matter-of-factly as she rubbed the fabric of her blanket between her fingers in a nervous habit. Marleigh's ears burned when he said he'd love to go to the movies with her. "I mean it's not a date or anything...unless you...I'm just going to shut up now before I make a complete idiot out of myself," she said shaking her head and laughing at herself, hoping Cameron wouldn't be scared off by her odd behaviour.

Cameron smiled at Marleigh. "Yes, love is all that really matters." he said in agreement. Cameron watched Marleigh with obvious amusement as she blushed. She seemed very nervous with the idea of going on a date with him. The corners of Cameron's mouth turned up into a crooked smile. He wanted to play with her a bit. See if he could make her blush more. "Do you want it to be a date?" he asked her. Cameron decided he would like to go on a date with this pretty girl. He hadn't been out with anyone since Caysi. He waited patiently for her answer.

"Ye...I don't kn...do you? YES," Marleigh finally answered zealously. In all honesty she hadn't been on a date in several years and had never really had a real boyfriend before so this would all be very new to her. She'd have to have Dietrich help her pick out what to wear and how to do her hair. Her face was still rose tinged from embarassment, but a bright grin was spread widely across her face.

Cameron grinned as she stumbled across her words. He thought that was very cute. It made him happy to see her smile so hugely. "I would love to take you out. When are you free?" he asked her, still smiling.

((sorry its slightly short))

Marleigh had to think for a moment. Between her job and then the two regular singing gigs she hadn't really had that much time on her hands lately, but she did know that she had the lunch shift on Thursday. "I can go out Thursday evening. If that's good with you that is," she said, hoping that was going to be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back