Open Still Good Friends

Iris van Houten

Whimsical | Quiet | Thoughtful | Inner Eye Asst.

OOC First Name
Daphne
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay (Rosalind)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
((open after Maiya))

Iris hadn't expected to be in Gryffindor with Emma, but she had hoped a little bit to be together with Jenna instead. But Ravenclaw was a nice house too, and it was nice to be with her older brother. Lars had shown her around a bit last night, which had been nice of him. It made sense that they were both in the same house, Iris had always thought she was most similar to her brother. She headed to breakfast and waved at Emma over at the Gryffindor table. But she was looking for someone else. She spotted Jenna sitting at the Hufflepuff table, and headed over to her with a smile. "Hi Jenna, can I sit with you?" She asked her friend. She hoped it was okay to sit at a different table, but none of the prefects had said it wasn't allowed.

Hufflepuff So this was her tower, her fate. Dad would certainly be glad to get the letter she sent. Of course she still described her brother being Gryffindor. Although he wasn't really happy about it, Jenna was only three stories below and would always visit him when he was sad. She was in the big hall right now, breakfast at the table of her beloved tower.A taper was placed on toast. She ate it carefully because she had felt a lot of hunger before, but Iris came to her side so unexpectedly. It was sad to be in Hufflepuff when her best friend was else where and hope they would both study the school together and do something fun. Iris, of course you can! How are you and how was to Ravenclaw? She asked with a smile, but then put the half-eaten toast on the table, on which was a raspberry jam. She turned to Iris and smiled at her.

After getting to know some her dormmates a little better, Nicole was starting to think maybe Slytherin would be so bad after all, but she was still pretty put out that she had to start all from scratch when it came to making friends. Meal times especially were going to suck if she spent the whole time worried about trying to make small talk and not be the one weird kid sitting by herself. Where there rules for sitting at the tables? What if she sat with the wrong clique? Trying not to despair, Nicole scanned the hall, trying to make a battleplan. It was a relief then, when she spotted Jenna, and Iris too, sitting at what she thought was the Hufflepuff table. Skirting over, she sat down next to Jenna with a dramatic huff. "Are we allowed to sit at other tables? That would be so much better. Can you believe none of us are in the same house?" She said in a rush, smiling at the two girls. "I didn't know you knew Iris too, Jenna." It would make things easier if her friends were friends, but Nicole did still feel a small grain of fear that Iris or Jenna might like each other better than her and leave her out. At least they were all in the same boat when it came to being in different houses.

Iris was glad Jenna seemed happy to see her, and took a seat at the Hufflepuff table. "It's pretty nice. It's in a high tower so you can see the sky at night very well." She said, thinking back to her room. "And my roommates seem nice. How is Hufflepuff?" She asked curiously, looking around the table to look at some of the other Hufflepuff students. "I hear they're very nice." She smiled. "You'll fit right in." Nicole dropped into the seat on the other side of Jenna, and Iris smiled at her. "I don't think there's a rule against it." She said, thinking back. "Fleur never mentioned it, at least." She knew Fleur wasn't the biggest rule follower, but she was a prefect so probably knew the rules at least a little. "Jenna and I are friends." She told Nicole. "I didn't know you knew her." She smiled. It seemed like the wizarding world was a pretty small world, which made sense. "How is Slytherin, Nicole?"

Without Iris Hufflepuff, there was no one she had imagined, but she had lovely roommates to chat with. Ouh, wouw! Ravenclaw sounds a realy good house and im sad a little, becouse i can join with you. Hufflepuff is nice house to and i have good roommates, but you'd certainly have been much nicer. Jenna says true to Iris, and she relay miss her and Iris was to Jenna best friend and Nicol to. It's realy nice hear and i'm so proud be in there and my brother wasn't so happy, when he get in Gryffindor. Jenna remember her angry face, becouse he didn't wanted to be that house, but Jenna know Gryffindor is to nice house and he will be okey there.

After a while Nicol joined and Jenna smiled at her girlfriend. She missed Nicol to, and she would never send her girlfriend off the table. Nicol, i'm so happy to see you and Congrats with Slytherin! I meet before Iris and she is realy nice, and i think you bouth I'd get along. She smiled to Iris and Nicol, she wanted to know about her best friend don't be fight and be friendly to.

"Slytherin is dreadful, but I'm managing," She said with a sigh. It really wasn't that bad in the end, but she wished she could have known at least one of her roommates. "I wish I was with one of you guys though. Or not in some dumb dungeon," Nicole rested her chin in her hands, trying not to whine too much when her other friends seemed to be having a good time in their new houses.
"I'm glad we're all already friends. We should just sit together at lunch and in classes then," Nicole said happily. If there was no rules against it like Iris said, then she didn't have to worry about being a loner during meal times. "Speaking of classes, I can't decide if I'm excited for them to start or not. Do you think the teachers'll be nice. Or boring? The Slytherin head of house seems kinda stuffy.." Nicole mused, thinking about the stern expression she'd seen on Professor Styx's face.

Iris nodded when Jenna said Ravenclaw sounded like a good house, but also that she was a little sad. "I wish we were together too, but I think Hufflepuff really suits you. My siblings have friends in other houses too, though! One of my brother's best friends is a Hufflepuff as well." She said with a smile. Iris felt a little bad when she heard Jenna's brother didn't enjoy being in Gryffindor so much. "Emma is in Gryffindor too, maybe they can be friends!" Iris smiled at Nicole, though her smile faltered when the other girl said Slytherin was dreadful. "Oh no, why is it bad?" She asked, concerned. She hadn't heard much about Slytherin yet. She was surprised it was in a dungeon, and immediately concerned. "Is it cold down there? Maybe we could talk to a teacher if it is?" She didn't want Nicole to be uncomfortable at Hogwarts, and it was in her nature to fix things. "I'd love to sit with you during meals, we can go to a different table each time." Iris suggested. "I think classes will be good. I heard most teachers are nice." Fleur had said a few things about the Slytherin head of house being very strict, but she didn't want to make Nicole any more upset about being in Slytherin. "I wish we could take divination and Ancient Runes already, but those aren't until third year. Which classes are you guys excited for?"

I wish to Iris were be toghether in the same house, but don't vorie we always be good friends and nothing change it? Right? Thanky Iris! What your brother best friend name? She asked Iris and hoped the last say to hear she feal a little better. Iris need to know about Jenna, she never lose her friends if she will be another house. Jenna always will be together with here and nothing going to wrong with bouth friendship! Jenna listened Iris to say about Gryffindor, but she know brother have a to good hands here. I think Emma and my brother can we be friends! Mayby he later will be feal a little better when he know Gryffindor is he home. Jenna smiled to Iris and hoping Thomas would be proud of him houme there, becouse Jenna would be proud in Hufflepuff! Ouh, why that you say? Don't you like it Slytherin? Jenna placed Nicol on her shoulder as a support, and after a moment she removed it again and smiled at the girl. She listened what girls say to a onether and smiling and then later she wanna talk when she stardet thinking about grate idea. What about little piknic soon all of was togehter in shcool garden? I think that have a wonderful place? She asked.

I can wait when the leason get started. I think Iris is right, becouse teacher is realy nice and always glad to help! That was true words of Jenna. Mayby Runes started later, when we will be a little bit older? Runes sounds nice! I can wait charms, and the dark arts clasroom and you bouth? She asked with the smile and looked to Iris.

Nicole tried not to get too caught up in thinking about what could have been if she was in the other houses. She was in Slytherin now, and she'd just have to start from scratch making some friends. At least she had some friends in other houses too. "It's not bad I guess. A lot of the other girls seemed like they didn't want to be there either too. And our dorm's pretty dark and gross, but we have plans to redecorate," Nicole was already cheering up just talking about it a little. She could live with this, she thought.

"Oh a picnic would be so fun! Though I don't know where we'd get the food.. Are we allowed to take stuff out of the hall?" The idea of casually walking out of lunch with a handful of food was kind of funny, but Nicole was worried people might think they were a bit weird if they tried. She hadn't really brought any snacks with her either, and made a note to ask her parents to send her some soon.
"I think I'm just excited to finally learn some spells," Nicole settled on. She didn't really have one single subject she was looking forward to just yet, but the idea of knowing some real magic, especially some things she could show her know-it-all brother, was great. "I dunno about Astronomy though, I hear it's all the way in the towers and that's such a long walk for me ugh." Pretty much every class not on the first floor was going to be so far away from her dorm, what a nightmare.

Iris nodded encouragingly at Jenna's words. They would be good friends, nothing had to change. "His name is Elliot, he's a Hufflepuff in third year." She told Jenna. "Maybe you'll meet him in your house." She said with a smile. From what she had heard from Lars, he was really nice. She was glad Jenna thought her brother and Iris' sister could be friends. "I think so too. I'll tell Emma to keep an eye out for him. I think she's probably sad I'm not with her too." She said uncertainly. Iris had known she wouldn't be in the same house as Emma, but Emma had been surprised by it. Iris turned to Nicole, who said she and the other girls had made plans to redecorate. "Oh, anything we can help with? I'm sure we could make some nice decorations in the arts room." Iris said excitedly.

The idea of a picnic excited her too, she smiled. "I think that's a great idea. We can always ask if we can take some food, I'm sure it will be fine." She said reassuringly. "Could I ask Emma to join too?" She mostly aimed the question at Jenna, who hadn't met Emma yet. "I think she would like that a lot." She brightened. "Maybe your brother can come too, Jenna! The more the merrier, right?" She hoped Nicole wouldn't mind, and gave her a hopeful glance. She nodded when Nicole said she was excited to learn some spells. "Do you have charms this semester?" She asked her. "I don't, but I have transfiguration, there are spells in that class too." She grimaced a little. "I suppose I'm lucky when it comes to Astronomy, but for me Potions is very far away." She said, hoping it would make Nicole feel a little better.

Thoughtfully pressing her chin in her palm, Jenna listened to the stories of the two best girlfriends, and at times she bitten her toast as the hunger at breakfast hadn't subsided. I never meet Elliot in Hufflepuff house, but he is third yeard, why the thrid year wanted to speak first year? She said to Iris, becouse always know about fourth years and third years know about first years and she was a little bayby, but Jenna know mayby Elliot was nice gay and she hoped some day meet to him. Thanky, Iris! Thats sounds realy grate! Jenna smiled to Iris and she was so lucky to meet hear. Now Jenna finished here toast and looked to the Nicol. Where we can find arts room? She asked to Iris and drinked to the joice. Juice was realy a delicious.

Of course, you can take Emma. I will take my brother to. He is realy nice person. Jenna smiled at the girlfriends and didn't know that Iris would tell about her brother later. It was a really nice coincidence. Jenna kept thinking that the Slytherin house was very nice and cozy, nothing but being underground. Sure! I agree! She smiled to here and then started eating again. I have this year charms, transfiguration and flying, and astronomy to. Me to about poition. I think shcool would be exploded and i think profesor poition with me would be head hurt. Jenna was a little bit laughed. Jenna was thinking about the spelss who Nicol was to say, but she was to bisy about that, but she realy wanted to wait leason and learn there some new speals.

Nicole perked up when the conversation came back around to helping decorate her dorm. She was still a little bummed out that Emma had ended up in another house, but at least they could all make plans to hang out still. And the idea of getting some help on some fun crafts was neat. "Yeah, that sounds cool! I don't know what's in the art room, but there's probably something we could do. Maybe paper stars or something? One of the girls in my dorm, Juno, she said she can paint on the walls, so maybe we could make some stars to hang from the ceiling too," Nicole was already trying to mentally plan it out in her head, it would certainly make the dimness of their dorm feel more intentional that way. She only hoped Juno's painting actually looked nice, if they didn't all chicken out about it.

The talk of the picnic sounded great too, and Nicole was starting to feel less in the dire straits about the school year now. "Yes, please ask Emma, and your brother, that sounds so much nicer than being cooped up at these tables," Nicole had enjoyed spending time with Emma and it would be interesting meeting Jenna's brother too. "Maybe when the weather gets a bit nicer we could go down by the lake? Kinda like a beach day," Nicole was already putting some of the pieces together in her head for what they would need. She had a big sunhat that would be perfect for a sunny picnic as well. "I don't think I have Charms yet, but I do have Astronomy, we should sit together in all our classes." That was probably the benefit of having friends in so many houses now that Nicole thought about it, she'd always have someone in class to hang out with.

Iris shrugged at Jenna's words. "I think a nice third year wouldn't mind speaking to a first year, they're not that much older." Maybe it came from having older siblings, but Iris wasn't as intimidated by older students. "They were first years not too long ago and remember what it was like to be new." She added with a small shrug. Iris was glad that she could help her friends with things she had learned from her siblings, Lars had told her about the arts room before. "It's a room you can access through the courtyard." She told Jenna. "Lars told me there's all sorts of art supplies." She said, turning to Nicole. "Paper stars should be doable, and maybe My brother could paint some flowers for you if I ask him nicely." Lars was definitely a better painter than her.

It was nice to hear that they could all have a picnic together. "The lake sounds like a great idea when it's warm out. I think that would be wonderful." She listened as Jenna told them which classes she had, and giggled at her comment about potions. "I have potions with Gryffindor, I'm glad I get to see Emma there." She told the girl. "I don't have Charms yet either, Nicole, but I do have Astronomy. We can sit together there." She looked at Jenna. "And we can sit together in classes too. At least we all have flying together. Do you guys feel confident about that?" Iris had been on a broom before, but it had never been something she was really good at. She wondered about her friends, and if they were nervous too.

Her hair, which, under control, was braided and looked lovely. Jenna was glad she had made good girlfriends like Iris and Nicol. The primitive woman's face features a questioning expression about the art room. It was quite interesting to go there and indulge in art adventures and Jenna, as an artist, already had some ideas in drawing. ''Sounds realy great Nicol, and i think about art room to. I like idea about stars. You know i'm a realy good drawning and i can make this to. '' Jenna wanted so much doing to about the wals and drawning something nice together with girls. She was lucky girl in the world when she meet Iris and Nicol. ''Then i finaly can meeet your brother and know him a little more with flowers.'' Jenna joked to Iris and she was smiling to her.

''Yes, i agree with you bouth about the lake. Can you please about Fleur to? I realy wanna see her again'' Girl liked Fleur and she was to dreaming about the dragons and she wanna so much spend more time with Fleur and she hoped Fleur wanna to spend more time with Jenna. ''I don't have charms to. Am no i'm a fraid flying and i can't forgot my past'' Jenna was sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back