Closed Stay Calm

Jacinta looked in the direction Kara was looking."Oh, okay." Kara offered to keep in touch before school. Jacinta was relieved and nodded."Starting the year off knowing someone would be good," she agreed, and gave Kara her phone number."Dad might answer the phone, but if you ask for me, you should get through." Jacinta didn't want to explain why she wasn't allowed to answer the phone. That story would take too long.

Kara also wrote down her phone number. "If you call me, it might take a little bit of time for somebody to pick up the phone. Usually, only my grandparents call the line." Her family didn't use the phone all too often, so many different magical ways to communicate with much more efficiency. "You can call me whenever or how often you like. We can talk more about school and get prepared. It's a nervous thing." She saw her dad come out of the store and look around before spotting her. Kara waved at him and he came over.

"This is my dad, Samuel. This is Jacinta. We are going to school together next year." Kara said.

Her dad nodded and smiled at the girl, asking Kara if she was about ready to leave.

Jacinta nodded and took the number."Thanks," she said. Kara's Dad came over and they were introduced."Hi," Jacinta said, a little shy. She had a quick look around for her parents and looked at the sign in the corner. She was on the wrong street. I told you that something like this would happen!

"Do you need help finding anything before we take off?" Kara's father asked Jacinta. He wanted to make sure she didn't get lost. Kara was grateful for her dad and was willing to help however needed.

Jacinta shook her head."I'm just waiting for my parents, but I'm actually supposed to be on the next corner. Thank you though. I'm going to walk down there now." She gave him a smile, trying not to show her nerves. Would her parents be mad? Would they be worried? Don't stress about that now, there's nothing you can do."I might see you when I go get the rest of my school supplies," she said to Kara."Or on the train."

"That would be nice." Kara smiled at Jacinta and walked away with her father. She was hoping she would get to see the girl again before school started, the more people she knew going into Hogwarts, the more comfortable she will be.

Jacinta waved goodbye, then hurried down to the next corner. There her parents were, waiting on their phones. A safe feeling came over her, and she walked up to them. Her Dad looked at her and nodded."Good to see you," he said. Jacinta blushed. The three of them walked off, with Jacinta hoping that they would get used to her being magical, rather than pushing her further away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back