Starving...but for what?

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked along the corridors of HNZ, feeling quite alone, she had no one she could talk to really, Alex had been her rock, for a long time, and now he wasn't that, she wasn't even sure if they were still dating because of the move. Nina missed Noah and Asher, more then anything, Noah was one of her best friends, even though they never really hung out, she still cared a lot about him. Now seeing him would of course be harder then ever. Nina had left a letter for him through Professor Mortis, though Nina had a feeling it hadn't gotten to him, Professor Mortis had been more then happy to get rid of another Hufflepuff, especially one that, "Disgraced the school." Nina sighed, was this true? Had she disgraced Hogwarts Scotland because she hadn't won? It certainly wasn't her fault she didn't win, no one had.

Nina's stomach grumbled as she passed the Great Hall and she thought to herself, Guess I'm hungry, makes sense, I haven't eaten for two days. Nina sighed and turned on her heals and walked into the Great Hall. As she walked she looked at her feet softly, her strawberry blond hair flowing sweetly in the slight wind, that was created by her quick strides.

When Nina reached the Hufflepuff table she sat down and picked up a plate of food, and began staking it with as much food as she could, it was only then that she realized how hungry she had been. Nina picked up her fork and began to eat away at her dinner. The Great Hall was very quiet and empty today, so if Nina hadn't been absolutely starving she would have realized that someone very familiar was approaching her.

Noah had been getting used to the school, well the fact that he knew the school pretty much from last year, it didn't take long. He really just had to get used to the Slytherin common room and boys dorm. It was actually nice to be able to stay in a dorm that looked rather like home. How Noah missed hogwarts Scotland though. He never really was able to go back and see anymore. He never really said goodbye to Asher, Nina, or Alex. In a way Noah missed them all.

As he walked through the corridors his stomach began to growl. Of coarse Noah was hungry. Noah was always hungry. Though the skinny 16 year old could eat all the time and not gain an ounce. It was just one of the good things about him.

Entering the great hall he made his way to the Slytherin table. Sitting down and about to put some mash potatoes on his plate he noticed someone from across the hall. "No" Noah said to himself as he got up and tried to get a closer look. Walking to the hufflepuff table Noah realized that it was. "Nina?" He said a bit smile on his face as he stood up behind her. It didn't seem possible.

Nina was just about to pour herself a glass of pumpkin juice when she heard a familiar voice, Nina's heart skipped a beat and she turned her head gently. Nina's eyes danced joyfully when she saw that it was Noah. Nina stood up and wrapped her arms around him tightly. "Noah? What are you doing here?" Nina said between fits of joyful giggles.

Nina kissed Noah's cheek happily, the action meant nothing more then a greeting but she couldn't help but blush, at her reaction to seeing him, they weren't even that close. Nina hugged Noah tightly once more before dropping her arms softly and looking at him. He looked a bit different since the last time she had seen him, a good different though. "God I've missed you so much!" Nina exclaimed joyfully as she put her hand on her neck rubbing it awkwardly, still blushing from her reaction.

A wide smile couldn't help but stay on his face when he saw Nina's reaction. Hugging Nina back, Noah couldn't believe that Nina was here too. Still his thoughts weren't quite sure about it. "I'm a new transfer here at Hogwarts New Zealand" Noah said hoping that she was also a transfer "What are you doing here?" He asked still hugging her.

Letting out a small laugh when she kissed him on the cheek. Until now he really didn't realize how much he missed his friends. Once they dropped the hug Noah looked her over for a moment as if he was trying to make sure that it really was here. "I know I had to leave the school without saying any goodbyes. I still can't believe you're here" Noah said happily.

"Mind some company?" He asked wondering if he could seat with her at the Hufflepuff table. Sure that would probably get him a good image but right now he wasn't too worried about it.

Nina's eyes danced joyfully at Noah's response and she said, "Me too!" Nina sighed happily, a bright smile spread across her lips and she said, "No wonder Professor Mortis looked at me funny when I asked him to give you a letter." Nina beamed at Noah and asked joyfully, "Why'd you move?" Nina moved over so Noah could sit down, and she took a seat and gently tapped the spot next to her, suddenly feeling very self conscious about how much food was stacked up onto her plate.

Nina turned back to Noah and smiled softly at him, and blinked her eyes once and a smile spread across her lips, for a moment she thought this was a trick her mind was playing on her, saying that she missed him too much.

Noah began to laugh when Nina said she gave Professor Mortis a letter. "You gave Professor Mortis a letter for me" Noah really couldn't believe it. No offense to Professor Mortis but Noah was glad that the pressure was off of him from at least that head of house. As Nina patted the seat next to her, he sat down.

"Wait why would you want to give me a letter?" Noah asked as he began to scoop mash pototoes on his plate. Of coarse the question as to why he moved came up. "Well my father wanted to move back to his home town in New Zealand to cope with the loss" Noah said showing no emotion on the topic. He was still not over his mother's death only a week before and he wasn't fond of talking about it yet.

Taking a bite of his mash potatoes. "Why'd you decide to come here?" Noah asked taking another bite of mash potatoes.

Nina nodded her head gently and said, "Yes, I just thought you were being anti social so I had to find someone to give it to you." Nina felt her checks hotten slightly then she said, "I couldn't just leave with out any explanation." Nina looked over at Noah and gave him a sympathetic smile then she softly rubbed his back and said gently, "I'm sorry Noah."

Nina gently dropped her hand to her side and picked up her fork and sighed inwardly, "My Grandma moved me without telling me, so I'm here." Nina shrugged her shoulders as if she was blowing of her anger at her grandmother, but it didn't work, she was very angry with her.

Noah looked over and almost thought he noticed Nina's cheeks get slightly pink. Wondering what he had said, he just turned back to his plate and dished a bit of more food onto his plate. All of a sudden he was straving. "Well I'm glad that you were going to give an explaination. Did you send a letter to Alex and Asher as well?" Noah asked casually.

"Oh it's fine Nina" Noah said flashing her the best smile he could come up with. "it's ok" He said maybe reassuring himself more than anything. Reaching over and grabing the container of pumpkin juice, he poured a small amount in his cup tasting it before pouring a full glass.

Noah smiled as Nina told him the reason she was here. "Well just think positive. Now we both aren't in this all alone" He said smiling.

Nina shook her head gently and she said softly, "I saw Alex before I left, he's pretty torn up about Haden's death...it's all my fault." Nina whispered the last bit so quiet she was certain Noah wouldn't be able to hear her but her expression of guilt and sorrow wiped across her face was a dead give away and she said, "I don't know if Asher is at HS, I mean I didn't even see her back home, and if she was at home she would be at HNZ with me."

Nina bit her lip gently, knowing things were not okay. Nina wasn't sure who had died but she knew someone important to Noah did. Nina forced a joyful smile at Noah's words and she said, "Did I tell you? My Grandma is a witch as well..and she technically isn't my Grandma." Nina felt her eyes roll coldly at this, she hated that no one told her that she wasn't the only freak in the family, she knew Darcy was a wizard, but he could never be a freak, in her eyes, at least no now, he was only one and a half.

Noah's mouth fell open as Nina said something about Haden's death. "Wait" Noah said trying to run what Nina had just said through her mind. "Haden's.." Noah paused "dead" He said the word seeming to come up so much lately it wasn't even funny anymore.

Noah wished he could have said something to Alex but there was nothing. He hadn't even seen Alex in so long. Nothing but this could make Noah feel like a horrible friend. Though as Noah looked over at Nina she looked almost guilty. "What's wrong?" Noah asked softly.

As Asher was brought up again, Noah had mixed feelings. He hadn't talked to Asher in so long. He took it that the two of them were now no longer together. This gave Noah a whole new outlook on many things but still he couldn't help but wonder why Asher had just disappeared off the end of the earth.

Though when Nina told Noah that her grandmother who really wasn't her grandmother was a witch, he couldn't help but let out a long laugh. "So much seemed to have happened in a summer. Imagine I was only hoping to grow a few inches" Noah said making a small attempt at a joke. Though Noah had grown this summer. He now stood at his tallest height of five foot six inches which was four inches taller than he was last year.

Nina nodded her head shamefully and she whispered softly, "It's my fault..if Alex hadn't gone to France with me he'd.." Nina choked on her words slightly and she shook her head and said, "Are you still with her?" This was Nina's best attempt to change the topic of conversation, but she had a feeling that it wasn't the smartest move. Nina gave Noah a weak giggle and said, "It seems you've succeeded." Nina ran her fingers through her hair sweetly, for some reason feeling very comfortable around Noah. "God I still can't believe you're here," Nina said in slight awe as she looked up at him, she was much shorter then he was, even last year, and she hadn't grown at all, at least not in height.

Noah was tempted just to lean over and hug Nina, or at least something to try to comfort her. Though Noah didn't exactly know Haden well enough, he did know how it felt to lose someone. The guilt of it always being your fault seemed to come just about every time. "Nina it can't be your fault" Noah said his voice kind, on his face a smile that matched it. Running his fingers through his hair which was just as messy as it normally was.

"With Asher?" Noah wondered if that was what Nina meant when she asked if Noah was still with her. "If so no." Noah continued. He hadn't been single since his first year in Hogwarts Scotland. It was odd to be so now.

Seeing that for some reason he wanted to return the question, he did. "Are you still with Alex?" Noah asked remembering how the four of them would always hang out matched off in pairs. It seemed like only Noah and Nina were left of their small group.

Hearing her laugh even a little bit made him feel better. "Yeah I guess so." Noah said knowing that his height was basically the only thing that had changed about him. His green eyes the same, his messy blonde hair the same, even his style seemed to stay the same. It was odd how he could look the same but feel so different. Pushing the reason for this out of his mind he took another sip of his pumpkin juice.

"What are the odds that both of us would end up at Hogwarts New Zealand?" Noah said shaking his head as if he too was in disbelief. "It's great though. At least I have one friend here" Noah said glad that he wasn't starting all over all alone.

Nina shook her head softly, but didn't say anything, she couldn't and she was almost 100 % certain her response would make Noah feel awkward or sad. Nina sighed softly and said simply, "Join the club my dear." Nina missed Alex dearly, not only as her boyfriend but as her best friend. He had always been there for her, since their first year together, it was odd not seeing him everyday.

"Something else has changed though, I'm not sure what it is..but something has changed," Nina said with a sweet smile to Noah. "I know it is great...only one friend? Come on Noah, I'm sure you met some people last year," Nina said as she picked up her fork, picking up a small piece of tofu.

Noah realize that maybe he should just drop the topic of Haden. It didn't take much to realize that it upset Nina greatly. This was supposed to be a happy meeting up again not something that is spent grieving and being upset.

When Nina said join the club Noah knew that her and Alex must have broken up. The only problem with break ups of friends it broke up the friendship. That was never a good thing.

As Nina had agreed that something had changed, Noah could only smile back. Noah knew something had changed but he couldn't put his finger on it. Right now he was willing to search to see either. "Believe it or not, but" Noah paused for a very bad attempt at dramatic effect. "I didn't branch out last year. I sticked with our little group and focused on owls" He said rolling his eyes at the thoughts of owls. Thank god they were over now.

"I bet lots of people are excited that you stayed" Noah said as he finished off his cup of pumpkin juice.

Nina shrugged her shoulders inwardly and said, "Well I guess now you'll have to branch out." Nina smirked playfully then she said, "Well..I'm not so sure..I haven't seen most of them since we left HNZ, but I'll see them later." Nina bit her lip softly and said, "How did you do on your OWLs?..I've been writing Saks and she says that she did pretty well." Nina smiled softly at Noah as she aske dhim this.

"I guess so" Noah said wondering how he was going to meet plenty of people when his year held so little students. Though Noah was determined to at least meet a few new people. He was not going to go through the rest of his schooling with a very limited amount of friends. That was not how Noah wanted to leave the school.

When Nina mentioned Saks, Noah couldn't help but glance over at her. "You are still in contact with Sakura?" Noah asked trying to keep his tone casual. "How is she? Doing well I hope." Noah asked. He hadn't spoken to Sakura in the longest time. Sadly if he could remember right they had not left on good terms.

"But I did alright on the owls. You have them this year don't you?" Noah said realizes that Nina was a year younger than him. "You are going to have a blast with them" He teased.

Nina smiled sweetly at Noah and she said, "She's alright..her family pulled her out of Hogwarts, and now she has a private tutor to teach her." Nina looked at Noah and gave him a reassuring smile to let him know that she's doing just fine without him, or it seemed that way in her letters.

Nina rolled her eyes heavily and said sarcastically, "Oh Happy day." Nina shrugged her shoulders heavily then joked lightly, "They shouldn't be too bad..I mean I might go crazy from lack of sleep because I study so much but I'll be perfectly fine."

Smiling as he poured himself more pumpkin juice. Sakura's doing fine. In a way that relieved Noah. He was still a bit unhappy at the way everything ended up turning out. Still in the end it all resulted that Noah was just difficult to get along with. "That's good" Noah said trying to keep his tone nothing more than normal. He was happy for her but still wished she could be here just as anther familiar face.

Noah laughed at Nina's reaction to the owls. "You'll be fine. You're smart." Noah said flashing her one of his oh so common smiles. "Sleep deprivation just comes with fifth year." Noah said thinking about how he had circles under his eyes that last few weeks of his fifth year.

"So Nina" Noah began "How you liking actually sleeping in the dorms here instead of those awful tents" Noah said adding a laugh. God how he hated those tents.

Nina couldn't help but blush at Noah's comment. Nina flashed him a grin in return to the smile he gave her and she said softly, "Thanks Noah. That means a lot." Nina averted her eyes shyly then she looked back and giggled sweetly when Noah laughed and she said, "I'm not sleeping very well to be perfectly honest..I can't help but feel some sort of ominous darkness linger over me, I don't like it much." Nina shrugged her shoulders hoping Noah wouldn't make much of it then she said, "What about you?"

Noah's green eyes sparkled when he noticed Nina blushing. He could never really remembering her blushing so much, but he didn't mind. He found it just another reason to give compliments. Though really Noah had even really spoken to Nina one on one like this before.

"An ominous darkness in the Huffepuff common room. That's the first time I've heard of that" Noah said his voice hinting on a joke. If anyone knew Noah, they knew that Noah was not one to care too much for houses. Sure he had Slytherin house pride but he didnt' judge people on houses ,not like he had done so many years a go.

Looking over at Nina, Noah just wanted her to know that he was there. They were friends and friends were always there. "You know if you ever want to talk about anything, I've been told I am a good listener" Noah put out there

Though thinking about how he was sleeping Noah shrugged. "I'm sharing a room with a first, second, and fourth year" Noah said thinking about his dorm mates. "Other than that I've been glad to be in a Slytherin dorm again" He explained.

Nina scowled playfully then softly punched Noah's arm and she said, "Alright..I guess it sounds stupid but you asked." Nina felt a bit self conscious when Noah looked at her, her eyes dancing joyfully at the same time though. Nina began to fiddle with her dress, the action looking quite endearing then she looked up at him with a soft smile at his words then she said, "I know you are..but I really don't think there is anything to talk about, thanks anyways Noah.." Nina hugged Noah as a thank you then she pulled away and said softly, "It's a two way street..." Nina hoped that Noah would know that she was thankful to have him with her and that she was happy to have him as a friend. "Ah so are you being the responsible sixth year I know you to be?" Nina teased and giggled slightly, she was probably more responsible then Noah was and it was a well known fact to people at Hogwarts Scotland that she was a bit more strict then expected.

Noah tried to keep a straight face when Nina scowled at him but it was hard to do so. A small smirk appeared on his face. His face breaking into a bigger grin when she admitted that an omnious darkness in the hufflepuff common room sounded stupid. Turning to his plate he took a small forkful of mash potatoes, which by far were one his favorite foods.

Glancing over at Nina to see her fiddling with her dress. For some reason this just helped the smile remain on Noah's face. Maybe he was just so happy that she was here. He hadn't expecting to see any of his old friends again and that thought had pained him. Now Nina was here with him. It just made his day so much more bright.

Wrapping his arm around Nina for a quick hug he just nodded when she said it was a two way street. Noah was grateful that there was someone to talk to, when he was ready, if he was ever ready.

"Of coarse I am a responsible sixth year" Noah said putting his head high and puffing out his chest. Though laughing and sitting back to his normal manner. "Well I'm rather responsible. You know me" Noah said giving Nina a small wink.

"Though I may have to be on my toes. The Slytherin Head of house is rather intimidating. Maybe more so than Professor Mortis" Noah said letting out a small laugh.

Nina blushed as Noah smiled at her and she thought, Why am I acting this way? The last time I acted like this was with...Alex. Nina winced in pain at the thought of Alex but she shook her head gently trying to blow it off and she then said said mockingly, "Oh my hero.." Nina giggled playfully at this shen she said, "More responsible then any of the other Slytherin boys I've met." Nina gave Noah a presumptuous wink then giggled once more.

Nina nodded her head and said, "I know..he's my Arithmancy Professor, I met him last year..not a very pleasant fellow." Nina shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't think more..just different."

Noah noticed that Nina was blushing again. Smiling to himself as he poured himself yet another cup of pumpkin juice. He seemed to really like this stuff almost as much as butterbeer. Though Noah knew he didn't want to think about butterbeer. He hadn't had any since him and Asher sort of split. That may have been stupid in anyone's opinion but to Noah it just made sense.

When Nina called him her hero he let out a small laugh. "Well of coarse I am your hero. Why wouldn't I be?" He teased as she let him know that he was the most responsible Slytherin boy she had met. "Now that is saying something" Noah said shaking his head. If he was the most responsible there must be plenty of awfully irresponsible ones.

"No he's not" Noah said thinking about the Slytherin head of house. "Yeah except Professor Mortis liked me. I'm not so sure about this one" Noah said with a small eye roll before taking a sip of his pumpkin juice. He still couldn't believe that she was here with him. The odds were so unbelievable.

Nina smiled sweetly then said, she wasn't even sure if what she was saying was true..she was just teasing him a little, "Because...you can't fly as well as I can." Nina rolled her eyes at Noah's words then said, "Come on Noah... you know he wont hate you..maybe not like you as much as Professor Mortis but still..." Nina smirked as she remembered throwing a book at Professor Mortis when she was going into her second year, it had probably been some of the most fun she had ever had, at least during that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back