Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter loved any excuse to get dressed up and go to a party. The parties at Hogwarts New Zealand were always over the top with decorations, food, and entertainment. She couldn't wait to see what the Valentine's Day dance would include. The brunette girl was equally enchanted with her date for the evening as well. She hadn't had the time to properly thank Lanithro for the rose he sent her, and she intended to correct that oversight tonight.

Lanithro and Lyra had agreed to meet downstairs at the entrance to the dance instead of walking down together. Lyra hadn't wanted him sitting around waiting on her while she got ready. She didn't want to bore him with that. The Gryffindor girl's green eyes scanned the entrance hall looking for the familiar sight of her boyfriend. He always looked so handsome dressed up.
<i></i>

Here stood Silus Hollister just inside the entrance of the Great Hall, too miserable to even offer a sneer at the gaudiness of his surroundings. He had finally come to the conclusion that he simply could not bear to continue ghosting about. Not only had the shame begun to bear down on him, but he could not unhear the rumors that Lyra Potter was dating someone. That had been the deciding factor to rouse the boy, and he couldn't feel worse about it, knowing painfully well that he could only blame himself for this predicament.

His icy blue eyes immediently set to scanning the room for her, and he began to wade his way through the crowded room, shoving those who didn't move quickly enough out if the way without a second thought. His eyes widened as they found what they'd been wildly searching for. It had been so long since he'd seen her. Really and truly see her instead of some half second glance at the back of her head in class.

Silus was unable to move for a full second, and he felt a old smile slip onto his face as he took in her familiar features. He may have been a complete coward at the last dance, but he now felt braver than ever before. He raked his fingers hastily through his hair and straightened his shoulders. Tonight, would not be like last time.

Lanithro could very well get dressed perfectly for the Valentine’s dance. Something about this evening was just going to be swell. He was going with his girlfriend, Lyra Potter. Their relationship seemed to be going rather well, especially after he sent her a rose. As long as no one else did. Well, Lanithro was not really the jealous type and knew of her other friends that were in his gender. Perfecting his growing, blonde hair, the golden eyed boy went to the stairway and quickly skipped down the steps. Skipped as in going down two or three steps at a time. Lanithro eventually made it down there, where he would wait for Lyra.

Soon, the glorious brunette made her appearance, and Lanithro smirked as he took in her sight. He didn't wave or anything. Instead, Lanithro boldly approached and gave a bow out of courtesy. "My, you really do look extravagant tonight." Lanithro wanted to kiss her so much, but he waited for her this time. After all, she had yet to thank him for the rose that he sent her.

"Lanithro!" Lyra exclaimed as she crossed the room to where she spotted him waiting on her. She grinned as he complimented her and bowed. He looked handsome as always, and Lyra wrapped her arms around him in an embrace. "Thank you. You look even more handsome tonight." She said, leaning in to give him a kiss. "Thank you for the rose. It was lovely, and the note was my favorite part. " she said with a laugh. She leaned in and gave him another, longer kiss. After a moment, they broke apart.

Lyra put her hand in Lanithro's as they entered the dance together. She hasn't spotted any of her friends, and she wondered if Felix was coming to the dance. She thought he was dating Amy now, and if so, she was happy for him. She liked Amy and her twin, Daniel. However, Lyra did see Silus, staring at him. She didn't think he had made eye contact with her in almost a year now. She had only glimpsed him in passing here and there. Lyra smiled and waved with her free hand, feeling a little awkward and uncertain of what else to do.
<i>
</i>

Silus' face flinched before twisting into a look of pure loathing. The smile on his lips was replaced by a hard line, and his eyes had a piercing edge to them. He had dismissed the rumors, simply unable to conceive the notion. And him. Merlin, it made the boy's blood boil. Of all the students, Lyra was with Lanithro Styx? That sick ba*tard!
Silus was absolutely livid, and he set off in the direction of the two, finally breaking his murderous glare off the Gryffindor.

Composing himself not all too well, he turned his attention to Lyra and bowed at the waist. "You look so beautiful, Lyra. " his voice slightly uneven as he got momentarily lost in her eyes.

When Lanithro was around friends, he often had his guard down. That included Lyra, who happened to be his girlfriend. He was protective over her for an extent. He was just glad her and Rome did not get into it. Choosing between them would be very hard. "Writing love notes or something ain't my style." He chuckled at the thought of someone being serious with those stupid things. Lyra leaned in and kissed him, to which he definitely returned the favor. Her kisses were good, and he was glad that he managed to share his first with someone he could put up with.

Taking her hand within his, they entered the dance together. Lanithro, with his free hand, moved his blonde hair away from his eyes. Goodness, his hair just didn't want to stay put. Lanithro was about to ask Lyra to come and dance with him, or well, suggest it, but someone else came up and complimented Lyra. Lanithro didn't know the boy or even recognize him. He looked to Lyra to see how she would react before he would say anything. Must be a friend of hers. Might as well be respectful.

If Lyra had been the type of girl to panic, she probably would have started panicking as soon as she saw Silus heading her way. She knew he had a temper, and the look on his face was enough to tell her he was not in the best of moods. The Gryffindor girl wasn't sure why he chose this night to suddenly start talking to her again considering how obviously he had been avoiding her for the last eleven months. Maybe he was remembering this night one year ago when they had attended together. Lyra had thought he was going to ask her out then, but she had been mistaken.

"Thank you, Silus. You clean up nicely." Lyra said with a smile, not with an unfriendly tone, but keeping her distance. Lanithro was being polite for now, but Lyra knew better than most that it wasn't always the case. "You know my boyfriend, Lanithro, right?" she asked him, assuming he at least knew of him since they were all in the same year and shared classes.
<i></i>

Silus' throat felt very dry and he crossed his arms uncomfortably, as he witnessed the two kiss. Seeing it made him want to vomit -- it was so wrong and repulsing.
After a while, he finally nodded and gave an attempt at a smile in response to her compliment, taking notice of how she addressed him a bit formally. He suppressed a wince, suddenly feeling very ridiculous. It was blind of him to think that he could simply step back in and all would be the same. Him ignoring all the letters she had sent, and avoiding her month after month.

Silus took a half step back, his eyes darting back to Lanithro. The blonde acted like he didn't recognize him, and maybe he didn't. Ruining other peoples' Halloween costumes must've been something he did very often. Silus smiled, visualizing how satisfying it would be to stomp all over his face. "Yes, we share a few classes together." he said, unable to hide the stiffness in his tone. He simply wished he could get Lyra alone for one moment. Silus would apologize to her, she'd see what a miserable ass Lanithro was, and all would be okay.

As soon as Lyra said his name, it was like a bell rung within his head. That was why Lanithro didn't recognize him at first. Not because of the classes part, but because of that one Halloween where he and Rome destroyed his costume. He was the angel. Right. But with the tone that Silus had, Lanithro observed how he was treating and looking at Lyra, and then his tone and look toward him. The only thing was, Lanithro was sure the disdain wasn't from the costume. Lanithro smirked, showing his pearly whites, "Riiiight, classes." Lanithro looked to Lyra for a second, studying her reaction toward Silus. Far be it for him to be mixed in a love triangle. "I am not really understanding the tone you are using with me. Is it because of something Rome and I did to you on Halloween, years ago I should say, or is it because you still love Lyra and you hate me she's my girlfriend now?" Lanithro's tone was not in any way threatening, as it was just almost monotone and bored. He wanted to dance, and if this brought drama, well, he would definitely not be around it. Drama gave him headaches.

Lyra looked from Lanithro to Silus back to Lanithro. Clearly, there was some sort of history there that she didn't know about. Really, she should probably just let it go, but her curiosity would never allow such a thing. What did Rome and Lanithro do to Silus on Halloween? Lyra didn't know Rome well, but she knew she was good friends with Lanithro. The two girls got on just fine. "We are friends, or at least we used to be friends. He's not in love with me." Lyra said with a roll of her eyes, as if it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. She kept her hand firmly in Lanithro's. Silus had his chance with her, and he wasted it. The brunette was happy with Lanithro, and he was fun. "What happened on Halloween?" Lyra asked, clearly more interested in that story right now.
<i></i>

Silus' glare intensified, and he bit down on his lip to keep from cursing. Lanithro truly was the most insufferable fool he had ever met, and he so dearly wished to douse his blonde head in gasoline and set it on fire. "Oh, please. You're really going to play that card?" He half spat, letting out a dry bark of laughter. The bloody bast*rd lacked the slightest sense of dignity.

But Silus wasn't prepared for what came next and he stiffened at Lyra's dismissive words, taken aback, and unable to conceal the hurt visible on his face. "Not true. " he snapped, the words slipping out of his mouth before he could put a stop to them. The tips of his ears tinged red, and he could almost hear his heart thudding violently away in his chest. "Of course we are friends." He added in a calmer tone, trying to undo his slip up.
"It really doesn't matter. " He said in response to the inquiry of what had happened at Halloween.

Lanithro knew that he managed to seemingly get under Silus' skin just by those words alone. He was right. Lyra seemed oblivious to it, which he didn't care. Lanithro was Lyra's good friend, boyfriend or not. Lanithro shrugged his shoulders, "Not playing any cards. Just stating the only two reasons why you seem to have a problem with me. You are simply...predictable." A part of him wanted Rome to sneak in and get this idiot out of the way. Lanithro turned his head toward Lyra and gave her a handsome smile, "If this guy is truly a former friend, then you don't mind if I whisk you away into the crowd, so that we may dance? This is a dance after all. And you are mine on Valentine's day, as I'm yours." Lanithro allowed Silus to dodge the question about Halloween for now. Lyra was curious, and he would definitely let her in on it. After all, she ought to know by now about how he and Rome really stirred things up. It wasn't like Lanithro was the nicest person around.

Lyra was observant enough to notice the hurt across Silus's face as he snapped at her. Did he really expect that they would still be friends after the way he treated her? He told her he cared more for her than anyone else in his life and then completely stopped talking to her. She sent notes and letters and he ignored every last one. Lyra really didn't think Lanithro was right about Silus being in love with her, but she didn't care enough to try and figure it out right now. "Friends return letters." Lyra told Silus with a coldness that was unnatural for her.

The Gryffindor turned to Lanithro who was looking at her with a charming smile. She looked up at him as he asked her to leave Silus and go dance with him. He was her date tonight and her boyfriend. A year ago, her answer would have been different. Lyra leaned up and kissed him lightly on the lips. "I'd love that." she said, knowing it also gave him a chance to tell her about whatever it was Rome and Lanithro did to Silus on Halloween. She knew her boyfriend didn't always play well with others but she didn't care. He was charming when he wanted to be, handsome, and good to her.
<i></i>

"That's what you think. " Silus responded to Lanithro's comment about being predictable. The underlying threat was evident, and the malice saturating his voice made the intent all too clear. His eyes almost seemed to flash crimson as the Gryffindor mentioned him to Lyra as a former friend. Earlier that evening he had set in his mind the notion to stay cool and collected. He would not get too worked up, and he would not do anything violent, but that Silus was fading quickly.

In fact, right then, he would've lost it and taken a hit at Lanithro if Lyra hadn't said what she had. It wasn't really what she said as much as how, and it stopped him abruptly in his tracks. Lyra had simply never used such a cold tone with him before... He opened his mouth and then closed it. Silus knew he was well deserving of it, but all the same he felt like he'd been jabbed at in the heart with a white hot poker. "Not yet!" He almost yelled after Lyra kissed Lanithro once more. A "please" almost slipped from his mouth, but he found he couldn't speak. Gazing into her eyes desperately, he silently pleaded for just a moment to speak with her.

Lanithro gently pulled Lyra toward the dance floor, effectively ignoring the Ravenclaw. Poor thing. Such a love struck child. It was truly adorable how he could think he could truly threaten Lanithro. But the Ravenclaw was persistent. He sighed because it seemed like he would never get any time alone with her. This was beginning to get annoying. This was their night, not his. Lanithro bent down and whispered into Lyra's ear, "Can't you do something to get rid of him? Or should we just take this to the Gryffindor common room? I can't dance with you properly if he keeps it up." Lanithro looked toward Silus, before shaking his head. Lanithro truly pitted him.

I didn't know what else to post... XD

Lyra sighed. It seemed like Silus would not be giving up on the idea that he needed to speak with her. She didn't understand what was so pressing that he couldn't have said it in the last eleven months. It had to be right now. Lanithro leaned down and whispered in her ear, sending shivers up her spine. She understood his frustration, and she wanted to do something about it even though being alone with him in the common room sounded pretty appealing. Lyra turned her back to Silus and looked up at Lanithro with her wide green eyes. She slipped her arms up around his neck. "Give me five minutes, and I promise he won't be bothering us again tonight. Okay?" she asked, leaning in to give him kiss once more. This kiss lingered for a few moments before she broke away. She didn't care if he left them alone, but she knew Silus wouldn't let them be unless he said whatever it was he was apparently dying to say and that probably wouldn't happen unless it was just Lyra.

Lyra turned to face Silus. She crossed her arms and stared at him. "What do you want, Silus? What is so important that you have to talk to me tonight? Eleven months and you won't even look in my direction, but tonight, you just have to talk to me. Talk. You have five minutes before I go enjoy the rest of the night with my boyfriend alone." she said, feeling angry with Silus. What right did he have to come in and ruin her night?
<i></i>

Silus looked away as the two as shared a lingering kiss. He didn't want to accept that he was too late. Something inside him simply wouldn't allow himself to think of that. He still didn't fully understand his feelings, but he knew that letting Lyra slip out of his life without putting up a fight would be a grave mistake. She could make him feel so incredibly strong... And she could genuinely humble him like nobody else could.

"I was afraid." Silus admitted once they had a bit of privacy, his head slightly bowed, shame causing his eyes to water. He took a shaky breath before looking into her eyes. "Nobody had ever made me feel the way you did," His voice faltered a moment. Lyra really had shown Silus what love was. He lifted his head slightly, his voice now more determined. If he had five minutes, he would make sure that they were well spent. He was so angry at himself for throwing away all the moments he could've had with her. "I had never had that, and I was a complete and utter coward. I ran from it, not knowing how to cope or even begin to try to."
He spoke quickly and more strongly then he'd ever done before in his life, desperate. "I'm sorry, Lyra... For all I've put this through. I understand if you want to just forget me and move on, but it would kill me if I never got to tell you what I should've last year.. " He blinked, his eyes clearer than they had been in a long time, and an old smirk appeared on his face. Not one out of pride of haughtiness, but one out of affection. "I love you, and I'm okay with waiting as long as you did. Even longer if I have too. "

Lyra suppressed an urge to tap her foot impatiently as she watched Silus as he talked to her. Clearly, whatever this was about was difficult for him. She knew he didn't like to discuss his feelings or even his personal history, and she was probably the closest he had ever been to someone before he cut her out of his life for no apparent reason. Except, Silus just admitted the reason. Lyra looked incredulously at Silus as he stood there looking at her with that smirk that she had always liked. He loved her? Where in the hell did that come from? Ignoring a person for months on months did not generally mean love. It usually meant the complete opposite. She wasn't sure what to say to him. She was in complete and total shock even though Lanithro had just said as much to her only moments ago. She should know by now that Lanithro was brilliant at reading people. Maybe she just hadn't wanted to believe it. Lyra stared at Silus. After a long pause, she finally spoke. "I think I just blacked out. Or maybe I'm dreaming...Did you just say you love me?" she asked.
<i></i>

Silus' icy blue eyes twinkled brilliantly. Her reaction had granted him a small bit of hope, and that was all he needed. "I did say that. And I do. " He said, pleased with how easily the words seem to roll off his tongue. "And if it is a dream, then this is fine. "And before his magical moment of bravery dispersed, he bent down and planted a gentle, yet undeniably bold kiss on her lips. He smirked, a familiar gleam of mischief in his eyes. "I think your boyfriend is going to want to cash in on his dance. " He said, his tone more playful than anything else, before slipping off in an infinitely better mood.

Lyra was still having difficulty wrapping her head around the fact that Silus Hollister just admitted to loving her when he did something else completely out of character for him. He bend down and placed his lips on hers. She pushed him away from her, angry once more, with half a mind to slap him for the uninvited kiss. Was this all some sick joke to him? She was about to yell at him when he vanished into the crowd. She whirled around, searching desperately for Lanithro. She knew he wouldn't be far away, and had probably just seen what had happened. No doubt he would be livid. He found her as quickly as she thought he would. "Did you see? He just kissed me. It's all some twisted joke I think. He tried to say he loves me. I bet he's the one who sent me that anonymous rose." Lyra said, clearly upset by what had just happened. She would think more about Silus and what he said tomorrow, but tonight, she was concerned about Lanithro. She liked him and she liked being his girlfriend, but more than that he was one of her closest friends.
<i></i>

Oh, Lanithro saw. He saw everything. He made haste to go to the refreshments and pour himself a cup, but not taking his eyes off of the two. A subtle smirk crossed his lips when he saw Lyra's reaction. Luckily, that was what spared her from his wrath. As he approached her, she was speaking and highly upset, Lanithro finished off his drink, tossing his cup to the floor. His anger melted because of Lyra. His friends were the only ones that had that power. He gave a curt nod, "I saw. Strange how he reacted toward me, but had the guts to kiss another boy's girlfriend without her consent. It truly speaks for his character." It was clear that the boy managed to get on Lanithro's bad side. He doubted the other one would care. All talk, or stares really, and no bite. "Come on, let's just string together our night together, for forget the disturbance."

Lyra's panic faded as Lanithro spoke. He was annoyed, but he wasn't as angry as she had imagined he would be. At least all of the anger was directed at Silus, and none of it was towards her. She was relieved that the entire night would not be a total waste. She didn't want to fight with Lanithro as they hadn't fought since their first meeting. Strangely enough, it was part of what made them such good friends to begin with. The brunette nodded her head at Lanithro's words. "Sounds like a lovely idea." Lyra said with a smile on her face. "I think you promised me a dance?" she said, teasingly as she took his hand back in her own.
<i></i>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back