Stark Residence - New Zealand

Sammael Stark

[I definitely meant to put this in Home for the Holidays.]

Sammael picked Sophia up from the train station and drove her in a Ministry borrowed car to his apartment that he shared with Edvard. Once they were inside, with Sophia’s things still in the car, Sammael sat her down in the living room, decided that now was a good time to have an important chat.

“Sophia, I think it is time we talked about this. Your mother was and is missing because she imprisoned me and used Polyjuice Potion to impersonate me. She was trying to turn you against me. She wants you to hate me.” Sammael appeared sad and sincere, his left hand resting on his daughter’s shoulder from the chair he was sitting in.

Sophia looked skeptically at her father, appearing as she was unsure as to whether she should believe him. “Why would Mother want me to hate you? And how did you get free?” Her voice was steady and harsh, her look cold. She would not trust easily.

”During your rescue when our home was destroyed I was able to escape and your mother’s deception was uncovered. She fled immediately and has not been seen since.” Sammael pulled his hand away from his daughter and looked down sadly.

”That still does not answer why she did it,” Sophia said curtly. His story was not matching up well. Of her parents Sophia had always been closer to her mother and could not imagine her doing something such as her father was describing. Then again she had also not believed that her parents would be Death Eaters. But, the big flaw in her father’s story was that Sophia had had contact with her mother. He obviously had no idea.

Sammael sighed and looked Sophia in the eye, his expression pained. “Sophia, her reasons are complex beyond my belief. This whole prophecy business is very complicated and why everyone is doing what they are doing makes little sense.”

Sophia very suddenly stood from the couch she was sitting on, anger evident in her golden eyes. “You are a liar and this is all ridiculous!” she said much louder than she had intended. Sophia had always been an extremely well-behaved child and had never spoken back to her father like this.

”What did you say?” Sammael asked harshly as he stood, his eyes narrowed with anger. “I am your father and you will sit back down and be quiet.”

Sophia stared at her father for a minute from her standing position. She had been subservient to him all of her life, and as she thought about it now she was tired of it.

“No, I will not,” Sophia said plainly, staring defiantly at her father.

Sammael was now stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wanted Sophia to trust him, as that would make everything much more easy on him. However, it did not look like that was going to be a simple task.

On the other hand, Sammael could not have Sophia disobeying him like this. As his daughter she needed to have respect for him and obey his commands.

“Sophia Larkana Stark you will sit down right now and do as you are told.” Sammael tried not to look and sound too harsh, but rather demanding and fatherly. Fatherliness was not his forte, and it showed.

”I, said, NO!” Sophia yelled at her father and without thinking turned and ran out the door. She did not expect to make it very far, but ran nonetheless. It was so much about getting away as making a statement.

Sammael watched as Sophia ran off, not bothering to stop her. He was in shock that she was so defiant, she had changed so much. Sophia was no longer the daughter he had raised, but an emotional teenager who finally would not listen to him.

Sammael did not want to chase after her and attempt to make her listen. Instead he went to his study and wrote some letters alerting the other Death Eaters that Sophia had run away and to be on the lookout for her.

With a distinctive pop, Edvard apparated into the room with Sammael. In his hand was a glass of what could be nothing but some good scotch. "What was that all about?" He inquired lightly. He had not had anyone to kill recently, and his countenance was less deadly than usual as a result.

Sammael had just sent his owl off with a handful of letters when Edvard popped in. "Oh, nothing. Just my daughter running off on her own. It seems she no longer trusts me."<i></i>

Edvard chuckled darkly and sat in a chair across from Sammael, "I've never been able to understand the minds of children or women. Mostly because I've never been nor am I either." He took a sip of scotch, "Were do you think she went?"

Sammael sighed." My best guess would be somewhere she knows. So, most probably Diagon Alley. I do not feel like chasing after her. Besides, it would only make her hate me more. I sent letters to all the other Death Eaters alerting them that she has run away and to be on the lookout for her."

A dark raven swooped in through the window of the apartment, not liking at all the heat of this country, its beady black eyes glittering as it dropped a letter in front of the recipient. Not waiting to take a reply, it was out the window just as quickly.

Sammael,
For the summer it would be best for both you and Tristan to lie low.  I am going to have enough issues getting the two girls to trust me as it is. 

Tell whomever happens to catch her to bring her straight to the Herrogard.  If you wish to be there to recieve her it is fine, but it is best if you stay away for most of the time the two of them are there.

Far</FONT>
<FONT font="pristina">[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back