Spying on the game

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Angus walked nonchalantly down to the Lawn, interested in watching the proceedings of the Date Game. Needless to say, his sister did not look happy about her forced participation. Angus whistled innocently to himself, standing away from the assembled group watching the proceedings - that way Violet couldn't curse or jinx him. Not that she would anyway, she was too nice, however it was better to be safe than sorry.
Leaning against a tree, he smirked to himself as he watched the proceedings, feeling a little sorry for Violet but figuring it might turn out to be fun for her.

Luna was walking on the lawn, unable to walk in flip flops anymore even on the warmest of days due to it being December , was in a light pair of tennis shoes. Causing her steps to be muted, she looked out in the distance and saw a large crowd. She gravitated over in the direction not knowing exactly what it was but quickly stopped seeing her friend Angus also observing the event from the distance. She walked extremely light on her feet, her stride now as soundless as a person could be, inching her way towards him step by step grinning wickedly as she was soon right behind him. She took in a small breath, and leaned in towards him "Spying are we Mister Greenwood?" She whispered lightheartedly into his ear.

Angus started when he heard Luna's voice in his ear, throwing his head back in surprise and hitting the tree. "Ow! Hi Luna!" he exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head. "Spying? Me? I would never do such a thing...okay, maybe I am," he laughed. "But what are you doing here, Miss Paramore?"

Luna let out a small gasp as Angus hit his head on the tree, she hadn't wanted to hurt him! "Oh my god Angus are you okay?" she exclaimed walking over to where she was facing him, her face clearly showing her concern for her best friend. "I didn't mean for you to hit your head like that." she said hearing a thump. But he seemed to wave it off and she smiled, seeing he was okay. "To answer your question, I was simply taking a walk along the grounds. Now would you mind telling me exactly why you're going all James Bond on the lawn?" she asked

Brandon had been strolling about once again on the lawn, a place that was slowly becoming a favourite haunt of his. He had also heard rumours that there was some sort of dating game going on down there today, so naturally his feet and his burning curiousty would take him in its general direction. On nearing the event in question though, Brandon saw his room mate leaning by a tree as if he were spying instead of watching the game properly.
'now why is he doing that?' Brandon wandered over noticing a girl heading in the same direction and getting there before him. He couldn't help but overhear the exchange between them and presumed they were dating each other.
"Oh, go get a room you two" he smiled as he went to stand near them but in full view of the dating game. He certainly didn't want to watch it half hidden by a tree.

"I'm not suave enough to be James Bond. I made Violet join the game, I'm watching from a safe distance so she doesn't curse me..." he explained, with shifty eyes. Hearing Brandon's voice, Angus turned beetroot red. "What? What? No...what? Um...we're not...I mean...you know..." he stuttered, embarassed for no apparent reason. "We're not dating, Brandon" he eventually managed to splutter out, still bright red.

"How did I not guess that?" she joked "Violets probably cursing your name up there as we speak." she added looking towards the stage full of first and second years, Violet sticking out like a sore thumb amongst them. "Are there even any guys her age up there?" she asked before hearing another voice. "Oh, go get a room you two" the voice said Luna whipped around rapidly amongst hearing it, her face heating up rapidly turning a beet red, much more noticeable now that her summer tan had faded. "Uh, uh, um... We're n-not dating." she managed to sputter out not knowing exactly why she was as embarrassed as she was.

Brandon turned and looked at both of them, both wearing fairly scarlet expressions and behaving a wee bit too compromising for just friends. Brandon laughed maybe they were just friends but they obviously really liked one another, time for stirring.
"Yeah and I came down in the last flood mate" he smiled and winked at them both, "That's alright though if you want to keep yourselves all hush hush. I'm cool with that no-one will know a thing about the two of you from my lips. They are sealed."
He feigned locking his mouth with a key then tossing it aside. He gave a quick glance at the dating game and back to Angus and the girl.
"So are ye here for tips then are what? Is that why you're both hiding behind the tree?" laughing but not waiting for a proper reply he moved a few steps away from them so he could get a better view of the game. Chuckling away to himself Brandon ignored what the two behind him were now saying and concentrated on watching the poor unfortunates who were participating in the dating game.

Angus laughed, a little nervously. "Oh, no, no no. I conned my sister in to joining that game. I'm wondering what sort of jinxes and curses I should watch out for," he explained, happy to turn the talk away from the possibility that he and Luna were a couple. "I figure if she can't see me, she can't curse me," he added hastily, trying to ignore the compromising position he was in with Luna. Scorpius Knight was up there. Angus didn't want a fight on his hands.

"Whatever gave him the idea to do that I'll never know. Even if Kailey didn't have a boyfriend I wouldn't have the nerve to try to force her to do something like that!" she exclaimed going along with Angus's new topic of conversation. She knew that Scorpius was up there and while she doubted he could see this far away it would be best not to make it look like they were any more than what they really were. Did it really seem like they we're dating? They we're extremely comfortable with each other and she supposed they were a bit closer than average friends. But they weren't just average friends. He was her best friend.

Brandon listened halfheartedly to both as they attempted to bustle through their awful explanations, it would seem to him that they both protested too much. There was obviously something there but for the life of him Brandon didn't understand why they refused to admit that they liked each other more than just friends. He watched the game progress, smiling at the contestants and delighted that he hadn't been daft enough to put his name down for it. Shoving his hands deep into his trouser pockets he turned around to face the two once more.

"Well protest all you guys want, I don't care and I really don't know why you're even bothering to stay in denial" he grinned again as he began to walk away from them, "It takes two minutes to just pick up her hand and tell her how you feel Angus. Where's the Slytherin in you man!"
Brandon laughed shaking his head and made his way back to the castle. The game hadn't looked particularly interesting after all and if he had his way, he would much rather have stuck around to watch whatever would unfold for Angus and his amore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back