Spring is in the Air

Mark shook hi head and shrugged. " Dont worry about it im not really too fussed about the past. Anyway once you think of something just let me know. And i never said i was smarter than you, just taller and older." He laughed at her assumption then frowned when she said something that he didnt quite understand. "Shi? What do you mean by that?" He looked over at her confused

Shalamar could not help but laugh once more as she turned to face him, her hand simply reached out to instinctively touch his arm as she did so.
"So you're admitting out loud in front of all of Brightstone that you are not smarter than I am just taller and just older?" she was thoroughly enjoying her self now.
" Shí simply means stone in Chinese or I could call you yán shí which means rock but Shí works best I think" again she smiled at him but realizing her hand was on his arm hastily moved it and clasped it firmly behind her back once more before walking again.

Mark looked t her hand on his arm and smiled. " Of course i will admit it in front of all Brightstone. I see no reason why not, its just a matter of fact thats all." He listened to her when she explained what the nick name mean and he smiled at it. " Yeah i think that shi works better. So looks i now have another nick name. See you could think of one Shay"

She was in danger of liking this guy if he kept this up, not many boys she had met over the years even her own brothers liked to admit that any girl was smarter than they were and yet here was Mark quite happily to do so. Shalamar looked at him for a moment, unable to say or do anything else for what felt like forever though possibly only a minute of two passed.
"Would you like to do something other than just walk around I mean?" she didn't know if his time was precious or not but she felt reluctant to give him up just yet.

Mark laughed slightly when she just stared at him. He raised an eye brow and looked around " Do i have something on my face Shay. Also i dont know, im happy with what ever you want to do. Im game for anything at all. Just tell me anything." He stood infront of her with a grin on his face and his arms across his chest as he looked down at the small girl.

She blushed as she realized she had been staring at him and quickly looked away.
"No, nothing on your face at all" she blurted out attempting to move once more but now he was standing in front of her with his arms crossed looking devilishly cute as he grinned at her. She swallowed deeply noting how he was a good head and shoulders above her.

"Honestly Shí this is the first time I have moved farther than that book store. I don't know where to go or what to do" her brown eyes looked up at him as she smiled gently, "I would happily walk around all day with you but surely there is something else for us to do around here?"
Shalamar was now convinced he would think her an awful bore and be done with her once and for all.

Mark nodded with a chuckle. " Well ok then but im not too good at making decisions. Urm.... I suppose we could get something to eat or what ever, there is a cafe just there." He turned and pointed to a small building. " Not sure how good it is though." He looked back around at her with a charming cheeky grin on his face. " I suppose we could go there if you want, unless you have something different in your mind?"

How could she help but smile when he laughed, it was almost infectious.
"We could get an ice cream" she ventured seeing as he was so indecisive, "it would seem that I am going to have to be the brains of this operation while you can either have the position of brawn or beauty. Though being as indecisive as you are you might have to take both".

She looked away to the cafe he had pointed towards and looking back at him once more waited to see if the sound of ice cream was in any way appealing.

Mark smiled proudly when she said that he could be both brawn and beauty, she was so in to him. " Well if the lady wants ice cream then you know, what the lady wants the lady gets. Im sure that place will sell ice cream i mean this is brightstone remember." he smiled widely before turning on his heels to walk over there. He opened the door and waited. " Ladies first."

If she had more experience with the male race perhaps she would not have been so eager to mention any good qualities about him so soon but Shalamar had no experience in the dating department what so ever. She had only ever kissed one boy and that had been the smallest, briefest of pecks that had barely been felt. It had taken all her courage to instigate of course but she had never properly kissed any one. She had male friends but none that had chosen to flirt so outrageously with her as Mark did. Robert was a complete sweetheart of course but she was certain that all they were now was really good friends.

With a gentle smile not far from her beautiful face, she followed him to the cafe and chuckled lightly as he held the door open for her.
"Why thank you sir" she beamed entering and walking up to the counter to look at the large menu over the back of the serving area. The choice seemed limitless indeed. Turning to him she smiled.
"I think I'm just going to have a cone with one scoop of chocolate and another scoop of vanilla. What about you or do you need me to order that for you being all indecisive as you are?" she teased him.

Mark followed her in with a smile as she thanked him. He waited for her to make her decision so he could make his. He shook his head. " Nope because il have what your having." He laughed then went to order the ice cream. When it arrived he paid for it then handed Shay a bowl. " See im not that bad am i." He smiled then ate a bit of the ice cream and winced. " Ow that touched my tooth." He laughed. " Its cold by the way."

She watched fascinated when he went and ordered and paid for the ice creams, she was well capable of doing both herself and had no trouble saying so when he returned either.
"No you're not that bad at all" she smiled as she accepted the bowl of ice-cream from him, "You didn't have to pay for mine but thank you".

Etiquette alone prevented her from offering him the money in return, she might offend him by doing so and she seriously didn't want to offend him in any way. His laughter caused her to look up from her own bowl and she chuckled again as she swallowed some of her own ice-cream.
"It is supposed to be cold" she blushed then and shook her head as she gazed at him, "you're just teasing me now aren't you?"

Mark laughed and shook his head. "Nope no one is teasing you right now. Well not unless that ugly guy over there who keeps looking over is but i doubt it." He laughed again. " Come on lets go over here." He walked over to a quiet table and sat down. " So what house are you in?"

She hurriedly glanced in the direction he indicated and as the man smiled at her in an almost lecherous sort of way she frowned. Maybe Mark hadn't seen the way the man had smiled but it was creepy. Following Mark to the table he had suggested, she kept close wanting only to distract herself from the man now. So did not notice until it was too late that she had sat right down beside Mark instead of taking a chair opposite. It would look even more foolish to get up and move now so she remained where she was, glad that the view of the man was obscured from this angle.
"Uhm Ravenclaw House" she told him as she scooped up another piece of ice-cream and ate it. It was delicious alright and though she knew she was in danger of getting a brain freeze before the very end of it, she continued to eat.
"Favorite subject?" she asked him, glancing his way and noting just how very close they actually were.

Mark smiled to himself when she sat next to him. He had to think about his favourite subject. " I like defence against the dark art i suppose. I dont like divination though." He could never do that subject. " What about you then what your favourite and worse subject?" He ate another spoon full of ice cream and looked at her

With each bite of ice cream she glanced his way, smiling when he mentioned defence against the dark arts though she knew he was being polite. Durmstrang only studied the actual dark arts and it was sweet of him to try to hide this from her but it was a fact that they had learnt in their own DADA class.
"Hmmm divination is not something I have ever bothered with really" she smiled at him, "I have no aptitude for it" she grinned turning back to eat another piece of her ice-cream. She could feel the beginnings of a brain freeze coming on and soon her head would pierce with agony over it, though it was not a bad pain but one she often laughed off.

"I love History of Magic, I find all the Western history startling. I grew up with only Chinese history and could tell you plenty there but I find the stories on Merlin, the Aztecs, Osiris all fascinating" she looked at the spoon wondering if she should really tempt fate by having another bite, "I don't like... potions. I am awful in the kitchen and it shows in my brewing skills."
She took the last bite and dropped the spoon into her bowl, giving a slight whimper as her hands went to her head. Chuckling through the pain helped as she knew it would, it would not last for very long.
"Brain freeze" she grinned as way of explanation.

mark nodded and listened to her talk about her favourite subject and then her worst. He smiled when she said she was no good at potions. He wasnt that good at them but i didnt mean that he didnt enjoy them. His smile turned to a laughed when she said she had brain freeze. " You should not have eaten your ice cream too fast then. Wimp." He laughed again then finished his ice cream off and pushed the bowl away. " Well that was fun. What now." He turned to her and waited for an answer

Frowning slightly as he laughed at her, she did not realize she was even doing it but her face looked as if it crumbled. Hurt by his laughing at her, her mouth turned into the most adorable of pouts.
"I did not eat fast and I am not a wimp" she told him, pushing her empty bowl aside, "I have not once insulted you ..." faltering in anything else she may have said, she simply clamped her mouth shut and pushed her chair back. What was fun? His laughing at her, she refrained from frowning this time as she looked down at him.
"I am happy you managed to have fun at my expense. I thank you for the ice cream Mark Stone. Good day" Shalamar was too proud in both heart and mind, too sheltered to know when someone was merely enjoying her company and laughing with her and not at her. As if fate had decided her choice for her, her passage out of the cafe went unhindered, while behind her as she passed through other customers rose from their seats to leave at the same time.

Back out in the fresh air she pushed her bag behind her back and began to walk back in the direction of the school.

Mark watched her leave and rolled his eyes as he got to his feet and went after her. He walked out the shop i and in her direction. " Shay wait up. Come on i was only messing around dont take it that seriously." This time Mark didn't smile nor did he even laughed. He matched her pace and walked beside here. " Hey im sorry, i didn't mean to offend you or anything."

She felt stupid and foolish as she walked away, thinking perhaps she had over-reacted but it was too late to go back now. Her pride simply forbade it. Still not used to her new nickname she continued on as if she had not heard him calling to her and then he was beside her walking along. He apologized and suddenly she stopped walking, her gaze viewed the street ahead before she turned to face him. He was much taller than herself so she felt as if she were straining her neck just to look up at him.
"Please don't apologize. It is I who should apologize to you. I over-reacted and ... I am too proud. Truly I am" she held her hand out not daring to look up at him now but kept her gaze firmly fixed to her hand, "can we start again please?"

Mark smiled widely when she forgave him " Nah its fine dont worry i have already forgotten about it." He smiled when she held out her hand, he took it in his own and shook it for an extended amount of time before lifting it up and kissing it gently. He let go and grinned cheekily. " Does that mean i can flirt again until you say stop?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back