Spillage of Beans

Moko Craven

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Moko left the classroom rolling her eyes skyward, another long boring lecture. They were getting so tedious. At least in her other years the majority of class work had been all practical but this theory business was simply driving her insane. Pushing her hair behind her ears she turned left waving to some of her classmates before heading over to her usual perch on the third floor. In between the large picture of a vicious hunting scene and a picture of a rather austere group of men all past students of Durmstrang, was a marble bench sequestered in an alcove. Many often walked past it forgetting it even existed, Moko enjoyed the anonymity it afforded, or partial anonymity at any rate.

Taking out her large tome of DA curses and hexes she began memorizing the more exhaustive long winded words. She liked the fact that she was on to the more advanced stuff but absolutely hated that for the next few weeks the class resorted to only theory work.

Mark I'm sorry, this topic is closed between Moko and I.

Hayden had been watching his colleague teach the sixth years, listening to the lecture and making improvements on it mentally knowing that most students hated theory and the way that the Professor spoke about it honestly did not help. So when the class ended he left with a nod towards his mentor. The only reason Hayden had requested such things was because he wanted a distraction from the news he had recieved from his boss.

He wanted to forget about that night and all of the consequences of his actions but he would have to tell Lemina because it seemed that Evie was keeping their child. Hayden had never wanted a child, not so young anyway. He was barely twenty and already a father, that was more then wrong but the fact that it was with a woman more then twice his senior added into the problems he had to fight through.

In attempt to find a way out of his thoughts, Hayden began looking for Zeraldi, the new leader of the group, and a girl that had been his friend for a long time but found Moko Craven instead. "Hello Miss Craven," he said, winking lightly at her as he pretended to have an air of authority. While he was to be her Professor in her seventh year she was far more responsible then he ever was and ever would be. "Mind if I join you?" he asked, his blue eyes staring into hers almost pleadingly.

Moko heard the familiar voice of the young man she had once termed a friend but who now was practically her professor. She didn't know where the line drew here but did know she missed talking with him. She couldn't help but smile when he referred to her as Miss Craven, rolling her eyes she looked up at him. A petulant look on her otherwise beautiful features.
"To what do I owe the pleasure... sir?" she joked at first before seeing something in his eyes that made her curtail her tongue from further ridicule. She moved up on the bench without at first saying anything, simply keeping her gaze fixed on his face.
Moko closed her book rather dramatically, allowing the pages to thud noisely together. Crossing her long limbs at the ankle she turned herself on the bench so that she was facing him.
"Something is up, what is it? Did I do something wrong in class?" she quickly went through every detail in her head and knew that simply couldn't be the case. DA was her best subject after all.

Hayden sat down beside Morrigan, placing a friendly hand on hers, reassuring that there was nothing wrong with her in class. "You are one of the top students in class, nothing is wrong with you Moko," he said with a soft smile. He sighed quietly before saying in a hushed voice so none of the other students or Professors would hear as they passed, he after all didn't want either of their careers to be troubled more then it was with this situation, "Powell is pregnant with my child."

"She is keeping it," Hayden added with a shameful sigh before he wrapped his friend in a hug to offer himself with comfort. He didn't want to be a father, not now, not for a long time and not with a fourty-three year old when he was dating someone. He pulled away from his friend and sighed, meeting her eyes again.

She smiled back at him before quirking an eyebrow.
"What's with the 'one of the top' pale face, I am the top and you well know it" she chuckled letting him hold her hand. There was nothing in it, they were friends. Good friends, she had never been part of the gang he had associated himself with while here at the school as a student but still they had managed to meet up, chat and essentially become friends.
When he finally told her what was troubling him, she visibly paled. He all but wrapped himself around her in an embrace and Moko was quick enough to hug him back. Her shoulder was there for him and he knew it.
"Dear Salazar, she's old enough to be your grandmother!" she exclaimed, "what were you thinking? Obviously..." she leaned out of the hug to look at him properly but reached for his hands once more and squeezing them gently, " you weren't thinking... were you drunk or something? What was she thinking? Bloody hell Hayden what about your girlfriend? Lemi.. Lemina? What are you going to do?"
she could very well understand why old Powell was hankering to keep the baby, she was pushing on in years and it was most likely her last chance to have one.

"She's not going to force you to like... marry her or anything like that is she?" the thought made her cringe exaggeratedly.

Hayden sighed with shame and embarrassment. "We were drunk, it was after the yule festivities," he said. His memory of that night was hazy at best but there was no doubt in his mind of what had indeed happened as he had woken up with both a piercing head ache and guilt. "I have to write her.. I don't know how much longer I can put off her letters and saying that I'm busy," he said with the sigh.

"Moko, I have no idea what I'm going to do," he said, looking down at their hands for the comfort that she always brought him, as of course his good friend. "No, she isn't," he said, chuckling pathetically at her cringe and the thought she was entertaining.

Moko had attended the Yule Ball as well, looking utterly breathtaking in a slim fitting silver off the shoulder knee length dress. Her hair had been piled high on her head revealing her long slender neck, while the silver slip on heels she wore had accentuated the length of her slender legs. Her date was simply a friend, she tried if possible not to date any of the boys here at the school but that was only because she had at once time discovered she held a crush for the very boy sitting beside her. A crush that went unspoken, unrequited and would simply have ruined the friendship that had blossomed between them. She no longer felt that way about him of course, though she would always find him devastatingly gorgeous but she had learnt that giving way to feelings to any boy at this school was dangerous especially for the reputation she was trying to build for herself.

She had instead become very protective of him, as if a young man two years older than her needed her protection but she knew she would rip the heart out of any girl that would hurt him. Looking at him now, she seriously contemplated how she could do damage to Powell of all people. Now Hayden was in the predicament of having to lie or hide this from his girlfriend and Moko knew this would also hurt him. She frowned, wishing there was something she could do for him. Her fingers gently began to stroke his hand soothingly.
"Can I do anything? You seem so damn helpless Hayden. I hate seeing you like this" she cringed again " Powell! she's so old!"

Hayden looked at Moko, wishing that there was anything she could do, but there wasn't. He had messed up and now his life would be simply be ruined by being a father at such a young age. He closed his eyes and let his tense muscles relax as Morrigan stroked his hand, it was times like this when he really appreciated the friendship he had with the younger girl. His ignorance of her past feelings was evident because some of his actions seemed quite affectionate but were all meant as friendly from his side.

"For starters you could give me a hug,"
Hayden said with a soft sigh. He wrapped his arms around the girl before him and breathed in her scent and barried his face into the crook of her neck.

He did not have to ask her twice as his own arms went about her, hers stole about him. She so hated seeing him like this, he deserved so much better. Her right hand stroked his hair soothingly as her left hand caressed his back affectionately. She felt his breath on her neck and knew it was taking all her strength not to turn her own face towards his. She had been there plenty of times before for him to talk to and a shoulder to lean on but he had never actually quite used her shoulder in the physical sense before. They had often sat close beside one another and she had allowed her feelings for him over the years to not get confused with the ones of friendship she had struggled to build while tearing down the ones of love.

For the smallest of moments she closed her eyes and gave in to the beautiful sensations running through her of his breath on her neck but it was short lived. He needed her but not like that, she could not add to his troubles. He had enough on his plate.
"I can always give you that" she smiled before pulling back ever so slightly to look up at him, her tender hand reached up to brush some hair from his face, "you'll make a great dad, I guess I just never saw as being one for another long long time but I am here for you, whenever you need me".

She didn't know what else to say, this was possibly a first for Moko. Being clueless as to how to help someone close to her.

Hayden felt his body melt into hers even more as he felt her hand slide up and down his back. Not once had she ever disappointed in making him feel better about himself and any situation they had ever been in, so he was so glad that he found her today. He ran his hand through her soft brown hair as they hugged and he frowned ever so slightly as she pulled away.

Through sad eyes did he watch his friend brush hair from his eyes and he thought affectionately, She is perfect. My wonderful friend. Hayden had known for quite some time that he loved her, as his friend, and while someone had posed the thought of being something more with Moko he could never think of her as anything more then his friend, possibly his best friend. "Thank you Morrigan," he said sincerely as he kissed her forehead and pressed her close to him again once more.

"I wish I wasn't a father so soon," Hayden groaned quietly but he knew that he would always be there for his child. He was not one to let his family be by themselves and even though he really did not want to be a father he was one.

He kissed her forehead before he bundled her close to him again and Moko allowed him to do so. Her heart was breaking for him, life was so unfair.
"I guess life gives us just what we can cope with when we need it most. A new challenge. I know you didn't want to be a father now but ..." she moved away slightly but not by much knowing her friend still craved the contact for comfort.
"You got yourself drunk and ... fornicated with a... an older woman. She is now going to have your baby. I know you will not shirk your responcibilities, I know you will do right by this baby whether you wanted it now or not. You are a wonderful person Hayden but you must tell Lemina now, sooner rather than later. If she really loves you then she will understand eventually. I'm not saying she will right away but with time she might forgive you".

She hoped that was not too much reality to throw at him but it had needed to be said, the cold light of day had to be shown. Her long slender hand reached up and cupped his cheek.
"Oh Hayden, you have the most amazing gift coming your way. It is not the way you might have wanted for your first born, it is not with the person you wanted to conceive your first born with but you have created a life" she wrapped her arms about him and squeezed him gently, glad that they were in the alcove so no one would take much notice of them, "So let me be the first to congratulate you."

Moko released him slowly to look once more into his eyes, a smile playing in her own.
"Congratulations Hayden".

Hayden looked into Moko's deep brown eyes as she spoke, listening to every word and appreciating the confidence she gave him and the trust she had that he would be a good father to his child, whether it was an accident or not. He knew that he would be, he didn't have any choice not to be as he was determined to be this child's Dad. "How can I tell her? She is sweet and good and everything that it seems I have never been and will never be. I don't want to hurt her," he said but he knew that he had to tell Lemi and that he would, however he would have preferred to tell her in person.

Hayden could feel a smile curling onto his lips at her words and in his blue eyes at his words, pride finding him rather then shame and the realization hit that he was going to be a father. Of course he knew he was going to be one, but this would change his whole life. As they were no longer hugging and Moko congratulated him, Hayden grinned with what could only be looked at as pride for his unborn child. "Thank you Moko, really," he said as he softly slid a hand down her hair and stopping as he reached were the nape of her neck was and he leant into her ear to say quietly, "I love you." He smiled at his friend, thinking that she would assume that he loved her like what she was to him, a best friend.

The young man stood up and released her before offering her a hand to help her up. Hayden really didn't know where he wished to go but he was feeling restless and wanted to walk with Morrigan. "Walk?" he asked.

Moko was usually made of sterner stuff, even with the recent death of her parents she had taken it in her stride. Shame at how they had died still a very touchy subject for her but here, now trying to comfort one of the few friends she had, possibly one of her best friends she felt herself feeling like a big softie.
"They have weekends don't they? Like us?" she asked him, hoping that his girlfriend would be the forgiving type. Hayden was wonderful and Lemina would be foolish to toss him aside and not forgive him for this one indiscretion. Granted it was a downright huge indiscretion at that but it was forgivable, wasn't it?
"Hayden stop selling yourself short. You are amazing and sure when you were younger you were a class A twit at the best of times but we all grow up. We all learn and ..." she nudged him playfully, "someday you will too" she said with a chuckle knowing he would see she was only teasing him.
"You're welcome, anytime Hayden you know that" she returned his smile as his hand slid down her hair, resting at the nape of her neck as he leaned forward. The gestures were so solicitous that she seriously believed for one brief moment that he was going to kiss her. She braced herself, not knowing what to do it he did. He whispered that he loved her into her ear and she felt her body relax.

She very nearly had made a mess of things, if she had turned her head just briefly. That would have been the end of the friendship for sure.
"I love you too" she grinned placing her hand in his as she stood up, "sure, where would you like us to walk too? the gardens?"

Her heart was slowing down the rapid palpitations he had caused, she would have to talk with him about being so familiar with his touch. No wonder he was having a baby with someone.

Hayden smiled at Moko, he knew that she was it. All he needed and he could never risk such a friendship he had with Morrigan to push it further, he wouldn't want to. He felt that all other relationships he might ever have with any other women were not as important as his friendship with the brunette he was holding hands with. He nodded his head as she asked if he would like to go to the gardens. "That sounds great," he said as he walked with her.

A few looks were given to the Professor and student as they walked through the corridors, clearly noticing that they were holding hands, but with his heart hurting and wanting nothing but comfort from his best friend. "How are things with you, Morrigan?" he asked softly, looking down at her as if watching her was keeping his painful thoughts away.

BLEH.

If she could have bottled his pain and chucked it far away from him she would have done it gladly but she couldn't so instead offered him all she could offer. Her shoulder to lean on, her hand to hold, her hand to wipe his tears away. She treasured the friendship that had built up between them and always would. It meant so very much to her, it didn't matter that her feelings for him had been pushed aside to accomodate this friendship. Ultimately she knew that relationships came and went, friendships were lasting. Her theory would definitely be put to the test over the next few weeks when he would tell Lemina about his situation.

The walked down the corridor and she took no notice of the other students who passed them, nudging about the trainee professor holding hands with a prefect. They had often walked the corridors like this, of course he had not been working as faculty then but that did not matter. He was still her bestfriend and needed her.

"All good, you know me. Very little rocks my boat" now was most definitely not the time to tell him about the chance meeting with Alex Cullen not once but twice. If anyone could vie for affections over Hayden it was most definitely that crazy mixed up fool from Hogwarts in New Zealand. But since the holidays she had pushed him far from her thoughts, kept every ounce of emotion at bay. It was only when she was with Hayden that she even felt any way human, was able to express any thing at all. Moko seriously didn't care that half the student body considered her a zombie, unfeeling and cold, strangers did not matter to her and neither did their opinions.

It didn't take them long to get outside and stroll the length of the gravelled path to the garden. Snow was still melting about them but the sun had at least warmed the place if only by a small degree. She shivered slightly.
"Well I guess I should tell you that I no longer live in England now. My parents solicitor finally found family that were happy to be my guardians but typical that they themselves moved from England to live in New Zealand. So at least I get to spend my vacation in a sunnier clim than this" she smiled indicating the coldness about them.

As they walked through the gardens that were living only because of the spell his colleague had placed on it Hayden payed no mind to anything but her words and as she said that she was moving to New Zealand he felt his heart slowly shatter. Of course he knew that she would graduate and move on with her life but he only wished that she would stay here for her final year so he asked quietly, "Are you moving schools?"

Hayden needed his friend and the thought of her moving to New Zealand, so far away from him when he needed her most caused pain to etch over his expression. It was not an emotion he showed often but this truly hurt him. If Lemina broke it off and he still had Morrigan it would all seem better but now he might not have her and he would be all alone with his boss and their mistake.

I'm a little out of it sorreh.

Moko chuckled and shook her head turning herself around so that she was walking backwards now. Taking up his other hand in hers she smiled up at him.
"I am so not transferring. I've only moved home. They are letting me stay on at school here, I gave them the big long speech about all my friends being here and that I am traumatized enough without them adding to it by pulling me out of here" she rolled her eyes remembering the hour long heated debate with Samson and Corinne. Samson had been fine with her staying on at Durmstrang but Corinne had wanted her closer to them in New Zealand. Thankfully common sense had won out.

Interlinking his fingers with hers she stopped walking and looked up at him her smiling face all serious.
"I'm here for you Hayden. You can't get rid of me that easy" she knew that more than ever he would need her around now. In the distance a bell peeled loudly and Moko lifted her head in exasperation.

"Damn time for Charms already. I'll catch up with you later alright" she reached up on tiptoe and gently kissed the side of his cheek, "it'll be ok Hayden. I promise, now go and get some letter writing done."

With that she reluctantly let go of his hands and raced back to the school turning around once to wave to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back