Speed Training Take Two

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia stepped up to the edge of the Pitch and stopped to take a look around. She was pleased to see that the Pitch was completely empty, and hoped it would stay that way, or at least allow the people who joined her to be worthy of her time. There was a slight chill in the breeze, but other than that the weather was beautiful, so Sophia was unsure as to how long she would be alone.

After tying her long black hair back into a ponytail Sophia mounted her Emerald Streak and darted off. She was donning her Quidditch Gear, for she found that it was helpful to practice with it on so as to have a feel for it during the game.

Zooming across to the opposite side of the Pitch Sophia leveled herself a good ten feet higher than the highest goal post and began to just do laps. Her arms were still a bit sore, and she wanted to work on her speed. Speed was an important asset to every Quidditch position.

Sophia had come out a few days ago to practice, but had been interrupted. As she lapped around the Pitch at a decent speed she began to reflect upon what had been going on in her life as of late.

Kale entered the quidditch pitch with his Sienna Storm strapped around his shoulder and lugging his quidditch set along. The pitch was deserted other than Sophia up above flying around; it was fairly chilly out and his breath was just barely visable in front of him. Setting down the heavy chest, Kale unlatched the locks and it swung open. "Hey Sophia!" he called from the ground hoping that she could hear him, "Are you up for my end of the deal?" Kale smirked as he set his broom on the ground and stood up waiting for her response.

Sophia stopped quite suddenly upon hearing a voice from the ground. Her first instinct was to worry, as the last time she had been interrupted on the Pitch was not a pleasant experience. Relief washed over Sophia as she saw that it was Kale yelling up at her, and she smirked as he asked to join.

"Yes, I suppose now is as good a time as any," she called down to him. Sophia was now beginning to notice how cold it was outside, her mind having been focused on flying before. "Come on up." She took off in the opposite direction, heading quickly down toward the other end of the Pitch. Once Sophia reached the goal posts she circled them twice and then began toward the other side of the Pitch, doing a barrel roll as she went.

Kale closed the chest and grabbed a hold of his broom, mounting it he firmly gripped the brooms handle and kicked off the grass. The chilly wind blew across his face and ruffled his hair, thanks to the cold weather he could feel his cheeks beginning to change into a pinkish color. Kale followed after Sophia as she flew around the goal posts and stopped in midair, hovering in place; "Would you like to just fly around for a bit, practicing speed or whatever?" he called out to her, watching her fly around the pitch; awaiting confirmation in what she was looking to do.

Sophia came out of her barrel roll and turned sharply around to face Kale. Stopping her broom she hovered before him, considering his question. Her normally pale cheeks were only slightly pink tinted from the cold weather.

"How did you know I was working on my speed?" she inquired curiously, not really expecting an answer. "Just flying sounds good to me, unless you have a better idea?"

Kale hovered as Sophia got closer to him, he smirked at her question and shrugged his shoulders, "Well...I'm a good guesser, I guess..?" he said jokingly while backing away slowly from Sophia.

Then suddenly, "Tag!" Kale exclaimed while tapping her shoulder lightly and sped off in the opposite direction. He wondered whether or not she would go after him, she did want speed training afterall. Making his way around the pitch, Kale accelerated around the hoops, not looking back.

Sophia's golden eyes narrowed as Kale touched her and exclaimed Tag!. She watched him as he flew away, attempting not to look as confused as she was. Tag? Sophia mused over what the word meant and what Kale expected her to do as she watched him fly, not moving from her spot.

After a few moments of flying around the hoops, he noticed that Sophia wasn't trailing behind him like he expected her to. Kale made his way back toward Sophia and shot an odd look in her direction, "Do you not understand what game 'tag' is, Sophia?" he asked casually, not wanting to embarass her for not understanding. At times Kale forgot how much more sheltered she was from the muggle world than he was.

Sophia narrowed her eyes a bit more, now looking more agitated than confused. "No, as a matter of fact, I do not understand what game tag is," she spat at Kale without thinking. Soon she realized she may have been a bit harsh.

"I did not meant to snap at you. But no, I do not understand the game." Sophia's face had returned to its normal clam and she looked hopefully to Kale, wishing he would both ignore her first comment and explain what tag was.

Kale furrowed his brow at Sophia when her attitude changed at the drop of a coin, his intention was not to anger her; he shrugged his shoulders at her and cocked his head to the side, not quite sure what he did that was wrong.

After a moment of contemplating whether or not it was wise to explain what 'tag' was to Sophia, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...offend you if I did.." Kale said with a perplexed expression on his face; feeling a bit awkward at the moment.

Sophia was quite relieved that Kale did not seem angry with her. The last thing she needed was to not be on speaking terms with him. "No, it is all right. I am jut a bit flustered. Will you please explain the game? I would like to know how to play."

Since Sophia didn't seem angry with him, he nodded his head agreeing that he would explain what tag was.

"Well, tag is basically a playground game that muggle children play by foot. The person that gets the title called 'It' has to chase the other players around until they touch them. Once the person that was once 'It' makes contact with another player, the person that got tagged would be It and would have to chase after another person and so on." Kale took a breath after explaining it all at once, he looked at her curious to whether or not she understood what he was saying; he really wasn't confident in explaining the game since he didn't really know much about it either. "Do you understand?" he asked.

Sophia listened with interest to Kale's explanation. She followed pretty well, she thought, for having no idea what he was talking about. When Kale first said playground Sophia considered stopping him to ask what that was, but decided against it.

"So, the person who is It, chases everyone else?" she asked skeptically. Sophia did not see a real good point to this game.

"Pretty much." Kale said, "It would be a good game for practicing speed only because you have to chase after the other person and tag them." he explained while loosening the grip of his broomstick and hovering to the other side of Sophia.

Sophia considered this for a moment, still not entirely grasping the concept. "But, who starts the game? If the person who is It denotes who is next It, then someone should already be It, right? And when does the game end? What is the objective?"

"Well, to tell you the truth, I haven't ever played this game other than on my broom. People could either vote or volunteer to be It" he stated, wondering if she was grasping onto what he was trying to explain. "Really, people can make their own rules on how to play the game, those are only the basics." Kale said while shaking his head to get the hair out of his eyes.

"Would you like to attempt it, Sophia?" he inquired, the cold breeze beating against his cheeks that were beginning to transform into a beat red color, "Its pretty chilly, once we get moving we'd warm up." he suggested, interested to whether or not she was up for trying something new; no matter how ridiculus and childlike it was.

Sophia was still skeptical, but she sensed that Kale did not want to answer any more questions. "All right," she acquiesced. "I suppose you can be It first."

Kale nodded at Sophia, "Sure, I'll be It." he said, "Now you can go ahead and start; I'll follow after you once you get a start." Kale explained; gripping his broomstick to get comfortable, "Before we start, do you have any questions?" he inquired, hoping that he could help Sophia out so she could be more comfortable playing a game that was completely foreign to her.

Do I have any questions? Sophia thought to herself as she looked at Kale. Yes, plenty. However, she did not foresee getting any straight, helpful answers. It simply seemed a concept she was not going to grasp fully.

"No, I think I understand well enough," Sophia said plainly. She turned on her broom and dashed off toward the other side of the Pitch, looking behind her to see if Kale was following.

"Okay.." Kale nodded at Sophia and gave her a few moments to flying around the pitch before going after her. Three, two, one..! he thought while hovering in one place with his eyes closed and soon went zooming after her.

Flying toward the opposite side of the pitch where Sophia was, he gripped his broom and leaned in to get more acceleration. After a few moments, he wasn't too far from her tail--inching closer and closer he reached out toward her, still not quite getting a hold of her.

[Yes, godmod. You did not even give Sophia a chance to try and get away. And considering her broom is faster than Kale's, it is very likely she could have outrun Kale.]

[Thank you.]

Sophia turned back to see that Kale was coming up quick on her tail. She turned back forward and leaned in close to her broom, accelerating and pulling away slightly. But this was not enough for Sophia. We shall see how good his skills are, she thought to herself and pulled into a barrel roll to the left, dropping down slightly. At the bottom of the barrel roll she switched directions and turned to the right, arcing out to head back the way she had come.

As Kale reached out for Sophia she suddenly sped up and got away as quick as he got to her. Looking out after her, he followed behind, a few obstacles slowing him down but helping his agililty all the same. Kale followed after Sophia, leaning into his broom to gain more speed. After a few barrel rolls and unsuspected drops he caught up with her on the opposite side of the pitch, he was surprised with such a difficulty it was to get her, but enjoyed a challenged none the less. Stretching his arm out a second time when he felt the time was right, he reached for Sophia's shoulder, not entirely confident that he would come in contact with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back