Spectators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexius wondered what was going on, more so with Sebastian and Trilby than with the tournament at that point. When Clemence entered the stands he knew she didn't look at all happy and could have laughed out right but chose instead to stay quiet until he heard her moaning. Shaking his head he got up eventually from his own seat to walk over to her when Sebastian came back. Alexius glanced back to the steps and to Sebastian before kneeling down behind the couple. He placed a hand on their shoulders as his head came inbetween them.

"Your girl here was giving out about you man" he chuckled, "Kiedis is free for the taking then huh? Looks like your timing sucks where she's concerned." He couldn't help but laughing as he stood up, "at least I'm a free agent."
With that he gave them a wink told them to have fun and headed down the steps in search of the prefect. It took him nearly twenty minutes to find her but he did manage to in the end. The best time he had discovered to get a girl even if it was a rebounder, was directly after a breakup when she was low and in need of comfort. With a sparkle in his eye and a knowing smile he approached her.

Clemence's eyes flashed hatefully as Sebastian came towards her and asked her what was wrong. She opened her mouth to snap at him before someone else interrupted her. She looked towards him and glared, remembering that he had hit on her. "Back off idiot," she muttered spitefully. Of course, the Prefect had no idea what Alexius was saying as it was English and as he left she turned back to Sebastian.

Had she been wrong? Why would he spend all this time with her, quite obviously flirting then ask her to the biggest Yule Ball there has been at Beauxbatons since the last TriWizard Tournament Yule Tide Ball. "You lead me on. Now I want you to go away. Go spend time with Trilby. I know your eager to dry her tears," Clemence said angrily at Sebastian. "Why would you do that? I know most people are mean to me but you fooled me!" Tears began to slip out of the corners of Clemence's pale blue eyes and she was unable to stop them so she covered her face with her slender fingers.

The headboy moved through the stands making sure that all were behaving when he could not help but over hear a woman screaming and yelling for all she was worth, with a slight flick of his wrist he cast the muffliato charm on her, so she could scream all she wanted without being a nuisance to those about her. He winked at Gaston as he passed. It was common knowledge that there was something going on between Gaston and Moko and as much as he at one time would have loved to have dated her, he was firmly and securely attached to someone whom he considered the best looking, most intelligent and funniest young woman he had ever known.

Max watched as his brother rose from his seat and went to hover between a boy and girl. He knew the prefect of course, a sweet and quite possibly one of the shyest girls he had ever encountered and he wondered not for the first time how she ever became prefect. There wasn't a single student at the school who was afraid of her but smiling at her now as he passed by, he knew she did a good job. He couldn't help but muse as to where his brother had raced off too and thought he should go and find out when a roar from the stands made him turn around only to see the waning light of where the most recent of spells used had lit up. Muttering for having missed it he decided to simply leave his brother be for a change and to just enjoy the task while he could.

Trilby wandered away from the stands and towards the area where the portkey stood. She had no intention of returning to the school but she had no intention of heading back to the stands either. She was tired of this goody gumdrops image that she had, she felt like a doormat for all and sundry to walk all over. Undoing the buttons of her blazer she removed it and tossed it to the ground and sank down on it by the base of the only tree nearby.

Picking up a few pebbles she began to hurl them far from her, then taking out her wand she enlarged each pebble as it sailed through the air only to have it thud heavily to the ground. Hearing a noise she looked back the way she came and saw Alexius approaching her and frowned. She didn't want any more sympathy. She didn't want a shoulder to cry on any more. She was not the weak fool they all thought her.
"Go away Alex, just leave me alone" she yelled out to him before looking the other way again.

“My god all you people are pathetic” Link murmured as he stood up quickly from the stands giving each and every person he passed by an icy glare. This school was lower than Hogwarts, even the boys acted like their were something stuck in between their ass. He had all in his right might to curse the hell of the, but kept silence as he walked away from the stands to apparate the hell out of there. He hadn’t seen Zoii today, he wonder if he should care or not. Frankly he didn’t want to be bother and her continuous name she used when referring to Link. A kid? Is she serious? Last time he checked or asked around he was a lot older than her, and had lived almost all his life alone. How can she compare him to a child when she knew nothing about Link, no one did…not even Kiera.

Link walked around the stand ready to apprate out when he caught the stares of the girl that was crying. Link looked at her for several minutes, his intense stares never leaving her form. Even when she was yelling at another boy, he could still feel her eyes on him. When the girl had dismissed the boy, and he walked away venting, Link stood their still staring. For odd minutes of silent it became awkward, after taking out a cigarette and striking a match, he soon fell back to his old habit. “Why are you crying?” some people never change, even if his desire to do so is soon. He couldn’t help but grab this opportunity when a poor excuse for a girl was crying for what? He waited to see.

Alex had barely gotten within spitting distance of her and she was yelling at him to go away. He shrugged and chuckled, that was her all out but he had other things to be getting on with and though he had pictured himself snuggling up to Kiedis the mood she was in was not of the snuggling variety.
"Catch you later then Kiedis" he smiled back turning and walking off, moving away from another boy as he did so. He cast a glance back at him slightly weary of leaving Trilby alone with a stranger but shrugging once again knew she was well able to handle herself. On he continued deciding to scout the area before heading back to the stands.

She looked more furious than sad now and it only got worse when another boy came along, she knew this one was not of her own school but could at that moment care less as to which of the other two he did belong too. He stood there staring and she considered him rude within seconds. Alex was now walking away and yet the boy stood there staring. She picked up another pebble tossing it in the air and enlarging it with her wand after she threw the pebble away from her, she wished the boy would just disappear already. The pebble now the size of a small boulder thudded loudly to the ground and she got up from where she sat on the ground and pulling her jacket with her walked over to the boulder that she now used as a seat.

"It's none of your business" she told him, her French accent punctuating each word in perfect English as if she spoke it all her life. From here she could just make out the cavern from the task and rolled her eyes, that was the last thing she wanted to see as were the stands. Moving once again she began to slowly walk away but turned around to look at the boy, a slight frown on her face as she viewed him.

"You shouldn't smoke, it is not cool you know" and as if it really didn't bother her she turned her back on him and continued to saunter away from the stands and the portkey.

"I didn't ask if it was any of my business, I ask why are you crying...stupid girl" he mumbled the last part. Link took a deep drag of his cigarette and let the girl go on her way. He had very little tolerance of girls always crying, after seeing so many shed tears for his mistakes. He was passed feeling sympathy for a girl. It was better being cold hearted and unaffected by anyones emotions or feelings. Link watch the girl for a while long enough till he finished his cigarette. By the time he was done he was ready to apparate out, unlike everyone underage he was allowed to do so, Link apparate without another word, ending back near Hogwarts tent. For the rest of the the day, he will just sleep in, a wasted effort on trying to enjoy todays events.

Sebastian rolled his eyes as Alexius came in between him and and Clemence and began talking. It figured that he would pick the worst time in the world to come and interrupt a conversation. “So not the time man” he muttered, especially when he heard what Alex was saying. The last thing he wanted to hear right now was about people going after Trilby right after her breakup. He knew that Alex was just the first of what would probably be many guys who would be after Trilby once they heard the news. It irritated him to no end to realize that, but right now he was more concerned with Clemence.

Shaking his head in Alex's direction as he left to find Trilby, Sebastian turned his attention back to Clemence, his eyes becoming clouded with concern. His eyes widened as she spoke and his eyebrows lifted. At first, he was confused. Suddenly, a vivid image of someone rushing past him and Trilby as they stood together around the corner of the stands flashed in his mind quickly and he knew at once that it must have been Clemence. “Clemence..no you don’t understand” he stammered in English before remembering to switch to French. “I’m not leading you on C…why would you think that?” he exclaimed and then lowered his voice again.

“Please…don’t cry. Why would I ask you to the ball if I didn’t like you? ” he pleaded as she covered her face with her hands. It was the first time aloud that he liked Clemence and had it been any other time Sebastian probably would've tried to make a joke to downplay the comment. Sebastian couldn’t believe what was happening right now. It was obviously not his day, and he wished desperately that he could just crawl back into bed and end this terrible day already. “It’s just that Trilby broke up with her boyfriend and she’s my best friend. I couldn’t just leave her alone.” He sighed in frustration not wanting to see yet another girl he cared about cry in front of him as he helplessly watched.

Clemence nearly glared at Sebastian as he spoke English to her. It wasn’t the language that frustrated her, it was that she didn’t speak it and she felt constantly like people were talking about her. Sure, it may be a tad paranoid but who would not be paranoid in her position? Since she had begun at Beauxbatons people had been using her to get closer to her older sisters. Whether it was Maria, Genevieve, or her recently graduated sister, Burgundy, it did not matter, they all used her to get to them and she trusted Sebastian. “Everyone uses me and now you did too,” she spat at him in an uncharacteristically icy voice but she had enough of it. All she wanted was for her life to have some normality but that was impossible and she was angry about it and angry at Sebastian.

Ignoring Sebastian’s plead and question she stayed perfectly silent. If it wasn’t clear by the tone that was thickly lain on her words, her face was growing red and her knuckles white as she clenched them into tight fists. As he said that he was simply helping his best friend, Clemence scoffed. “Do not try that on me, Sebastian,” she snapped. “I saw the way you held her and there is absolutely no way that was an embrace between best friends. I certainly will never do that with Grande and you know it meant more then that. Do not try to lie to me!”

She stood up, flashed a look of disgust to Sebastian and shuffled out of the way. However, before leaving him she whispered into his ear, “You wanted to see my pranks? Just wait.” Okay so Clemence really wasn’t going to go after Sebastian but she was sure that her voice made it seem like that and that was exactly what she wanted. The blonde wanted him to suffer a great deal of hurt for abusing her trust that was given out far too easily it seemed. With that eerie comment, she turned away and left to speak to her sisters for advice.

Trilby merely frowned as she turned to look at the boy once more, she was tired of boys thinking they were all that. Tired of how they treated her and thought they could get away with it. She would have liked nothing better than cast a jinx at the boy but luckily for him he apparated and Trilby was left to brood some more on her own about the unfairness of boys and life in general. Sitting down on the grass this time she ignored the cheers from the stands and burying her face in her hands tried in vain to ignore the images of Xavier and occassional ones of Sebastian that haunted her thoughts.

[color=#66000]Max seriously thought there was way too many hormones flying around the stands at that moment. Everyone seemed to be getting up to head off here and there and he figured it was about time he started rounding them all up again. He picked out a few prefects and warned them to make sure no one else left the stands on pain of death, even if it was for a toilet break. They could just siphon it into a vial or something. Fed up he raced down the steps and finding three fourth years gathered around the end step, he hollered at them to get back up before they got issued a serious punishment. This of course made them hurry back upwards.

The next person he spotted was his own brother and to him he marched over with a serious don't-mess-with-me expression in place. After ordering him back up to the stands, he went in search of who else he could find. After about twenty minutes he finally came across Trilby Kiedis and coughed politely before interrupting whatever girlie moment she was having. After speaking with her for a few moments he asked her to head back along, as part of her duties and as it was just easier to keep track of people when they were altogether. He lingered around the surrounding area of the stands for a while to make sure no one else decided to go awol from the tournament.[/color]

[color=#66000]It was downright annoying when his brother found him simply loitering about doing absolutely nothing. Truthfully he was waiting to see if that guy who had been staring at Trilby would come back but so far he hadn't and he was beginning to get a little worried. He couldn't help it, Miss Prefect perfect pants got under his skin a little, not in that kind of a way or so he told himself but he liked simply keeping an eye out. There was part of him that just knew that Trilby and Sebastian should be together, he had never really liked Xavier Snow but then again, had never really gotten to know the guy. Alex just knew that if Sebastian paid more attention to Trilby then he wouldn't be hanging around with Clemence all the time. Now there he couldn't help but smile at, he loved annoying her. Took great pleasure in winding her up. He wanted nothing more than to see her look at him the way he had seen her look at Sebastian and this irked him mightily.

On Max's orders he had to return to the stands and noticed with a beaming grin on his face that Clemence was no longer sitting with Rossi. Things were definitely looking up. With a smile he chose to sit at one of the back benches hoping to spot her amongst the crowd again.[/color]

Sebastian had never heard Clemence speak in such a tone to anyone and he knew that he had really, really screwed up. A grim expression crossed his face as even Clemence was able to pick up on what he worked so hard to suppress. Ever since the herbology incident and its aftermath, Sebastian had worked hard to push down any feelings he had for Trilby so that both of them could regain their friendship. Although he wasn't happy that she had been dating Xavier, deep down he had to admit that it had been a good thing for both of them. It allowed them both to attempt to move on, and Sebastian thought he had when he'd met Clemence. Now, he was just really confused. He didn't understand girls at all.

"But C..." he tried to cut in, but he was unable to get in a word edgewise. When Clemence leaned in to whisper into his ear, Sebastian's jaw dropped in utter surprise. He never thought he would see her so angry. Standing up sharply to follow her as she left the stands, Sebastian was determined to not have yet another girl walk away from him today. He only stopped when he caught the head boy giving him the evil eye. With a heavy sigh, Sebastian dropped back down heavily. He didn't want to risk getting a detention on top of all the other crappy things that had happened already and it didn't look as if Maximus would be able to be reasoned with at the moment. Crossing his arms over his chest, Sebastian stared out towards the cave, not really watching the task that had been looking forward to when he had awakened in the morning.

As she sat there she heard a gentle cough and soon Maximus was coming over to her and the two talked for a moment. He was always kind and helpful and it seemed now that in the space of two days she had poured her heart out to the two Strauss brothers without ever intending to do so. Yet on both occasions she had felt relieved, as if a huge weight had been lifted from her. She promised him that she would head back again, and using her wand to make sure she looked respectable and fresh faced she slowly stood up and headed back.

After climbing the steps she looked about for a seat at the very back but instantly her gaze fell on Sebastian sitting on his own. She was sure he would have gone to Clemence and yet, there he sat staring at the cavern ahead as if his life depended on it. With a heavy heart she moved through the spectators until she reached him and slowly sat down beside him. Her soft gentle hand slid into one of his and her fingers tenderly laced with his.
"Je suis tellement désolé Sebastian" her gaze stayed rivetted on their hands, waiting for him to move his from hers and she wouldn't blame him either, " Tu es ma meilleure amie et moi vous avez traité terriblement."
Reverting back to English she dared to look up at him.
"Please forgive me. I should never have taken my anger out on you. Not you, never you."

translation:
"I am so sorry Sebastian"
"You are my best friend and I treated you terribly."

Sebastian didn't even notice as someone sat beside him. He was still lost in thought until he heard Trilby's voice and felt her hand on his. It was odd hearing her speak to him in French as he was so used to carrying conversations with her in his native language and not hers. He barely moved as he listened to her apology, continuing to simply look at the cave because it was easier to do.

When she had finished, Sebastian finally looked up at his best friend, his green eyes meeting her hazel ones. "Whatever Tril...it looks like it wasn't my day. It's fine." He sighed and slowly pulled his hand, which had linked with Trilby's unconsciously, away. Now wasn't a good time to be doing things like that, especially with Clemence's observations still bouncing around his head. He was really confused and needed to work out a lot of things. "Tril...I really, really don't want to talk about this now. Can we do this later please?" he pleaded, glancing back at the cave as a word spelled itself out in the sky. He wasn't mad at Trilby, not really anyway but he also wasn't in the mood to deal with any more crying or any more confusion. His brain couldn't handle it all. It was much simpler to simply watch the task taking place and not have to deal with any of the drama in his life.

Aubrey seemed to be doing decently inside and he hoped she'd make it out soon so she could set a difficult time for the other champions to beat.

She felt as if someone had simply doused her in cold water as he spoke. His sigh as he pulled his hand from hers said more than all his words put together. Placing her hand back in her lap she clasped her hands together and looked out across to the cavern, trying to keep the hurt from her face. She could not very well get up and simply leave him again, so chose to sit there instead in silence with him. The pain of losing Xavier piercing her and the pain of possibly losing her best friend for the second time just as intense. Trilby wished Maximus had not spoken to her now, had not told her that she should not push her friends away when she needed them most. And she knew he had been right, had walked back ready to tell Sebastian that she would try her hardest to get along with Clemence for his sake. That she would make an effort to like the girl, she just couldn't bare the thought of him not being in her life again. Forcing the tears that threatened she stood automatically and clapped as Aubrey after what seemed like forever finally came out of the cavern and into it went the Durmstrang girl. The Beauxbatons students were yelling and cheering as if the world had come to an end they were that thrilled and she tried. Her mouth curved into a smile she did not feel and her hands got sore from clapping repeatedly as her face stayed focused ahead on the cavern, unable to look at Sebastian and totally afraid of what she might read on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back