Closed Special Meetup

Radoul was sitting in the living room, looking at the Hogwarts New Zealand yearbook that he got a copy of from his best friend. His eyes were glued to the second years page, seeing his granddaughter, Arihi Kuresa. His other granddaughter was no longer in school, so he didn't get to see her. He smiled at the picture, but he heard a pop and in the living room with him, were Olivia and Lydia. He chuckled, "Let me guess, tried to apparate, eh? Can't do it. Kalif can be a little tricky." Radoul smirked a bit, before setting the yearbook down. His granddaugher was in Ravenclaw. Might not have inherited the same house as her old, old man, but it was still a good house regardless.​

No matter how many times Olivia Apparated in her life, she always felt like she was going to lose her cookies. The witch broke away from Lydia, nauseated and disoriented, as they landed on solid ground. It took her a moment to take in her surroundings- a sitting room at the Styx Manor. She knew Lydia didn’t suck at Apparating; she could hear her younger sister swearing loudly next to her. Olivia’s stomach was still catching up with the rest of her body as she scowled at her grandfather’s friend. He seemed to think this was funny.

Olivia was a free-spirit from the day she was born. Nothing upset her more than being caged. Ahead of Lydia, she charged back to the study, her body remembering the way even though they’d visited the place decades ago.

Willingly forgetting Hades’s rough treatment of Slade, she pointed her finger at the man. Grandfather or not, Olivia was taught that respect went both ways, and it was blatant that Kalif did not respect them. “Let us out of here,” Olivia snapped, determined not to take no for an answer. “This is wrong.”

Seth and Slade were both surprised when their sisters walked back through the study. Kalif dipped his quill in ink and started to write some more. He smirked slightly when the two women walked back into the study and ordered him to let them out. "I do what is necessary to protect this manor, as well as the people within it. People only leave when I permit them to, in order to guarantee the safety of my family. Apparation will not work, nor will the floo network. Although, your actions and attitudes, they remind me very much of my late wife, Nicolette." Kalif figured that at least Olivia would remember her. Nicolette, the woman that could turn into a cat, much like his current wife, @Professor Jacqueline Styx could. Speaking of, she should be come eventually. "She spoke the world of Jaken and his kids. Swore up and down they would be a pain and take after her. I can now confirm she was unfortunately correct."

Many colorful words spilled out of Lydia’s mouth as she followed Olivia into the study. Angry as she was, she still tried to stop her older sister as she burst into the office and jabbed a finger at their grandfather’s face. Grandfather- that was such a strange concept, but Lydia couldn’t deny it anymore. However, Lydia’s efforts were of no use. Olivia was much larger and stronger than her, and aside from using magic on her own sister, there was little Lydia could do to stop her.

Lydia was surprised when Kalif reacted calmly to Olivia’s demands. On the surface, he acted so differently from Hades. The witch listened quietly to his explanation; in a way, restricting Apparation and the Floo Network would be a source of extra security, if unorthodox. That actually made more sense than many of the other developments that had come up today.

She looked up at her brothers, annoyed with both of them, but wondering what they thought of all this.

She’d always thought they looked like Drages- with their massive frames, strong features, and loud booming voices, but she could see the resemblance with Kalif there too.

Damn it, Mom, what did you do?

“What Olivia is trying to say,”
Lydia said cautiously, “is to please allow us to leave. I understand the extra security measures, although it would have been lovely to know that before.” She took a deep breath. “Frankly, I am emotionally done for today, and would like to go home.”

Olivia laughed at their grandfather’s suggestion that restricting their movements was for protection. Other people had been trying to control Olivia for her whole life. Her mom, her instructors at Ilvermorny, her employers. She knew when others were trying to keep her in line.

The witch leaned in, narrowing her golden eyes. Now was not the time for her to get sentimental about Niccy. “Well, then, I’m more than happy to be a pain in your ass.”

The commotion in the study threw the young, future Patriarch for a loop. While his sister was reading ahead, the Slytherin sighed and rolled up the scroll he was reading about the history of their family. He placed it on the desk and walked toward the study of his grandfather. He looked at the four young adults, and then the Patriarch. He knelt down in respect, before standing back up. He walked up to the desk, ignoring the four. Kalif circled around to the back of the desk before looking ahead. He stated, "They are being abnormally loud. Perhaps it is time that they leave. They are disrupting my studies."

Mari looked up as her twin brother left the bedroom. Really? He had to go somewhere else without telling her? The Hufflepuff puffed up and followed after her twin. He knelt, thus her, but instead of entering the room, she leaned against the doorway. She snorted a bit when her brother called adults annoying. From what she heard, he was a lot like their grandfather, and his coldness reminded them of their mother. Her golden eyes took in the appearances, and was frustrated when she didn't know who they were. "Grandfather, who are these people?" Mari loved knowing all the gossip, but this, these people, she didn't know anything about them, or who they were. "And, can you tell the elf to make snacks? I'm hungry."

Kalif watched as Kailie's children walked into the study, with his prodigy saying that Jaken's children were interrupting his studies, and Amarantha wanting food. He placed a gloved hand to his temple before taking out his wand. He waved it to lift the apparation spell. He still seemed unfazed by Olivia, however. He merely smirked a bit when she said that she was happy to be a pain in his ass. "Our meeting is no longer private. These two are Kailie's children. Kalif, Amarantha, the four here are Jaken's children. The four of you may leave. I am sure if you want to meet me again, I am sure one of you will know how to arrange it." His eyes landed on Lydia, smirking ever so slightly. Slade arranged it last time, so it was likely to be assumed that Slade would do it again.

Slade was very confused when the girls left, only to come back in. There was a spell to prevent leaving? When Kalif confirmed it, Slade felt a little uneasy. He looked around before shoving his hands into his pockets. He was about to say something, but it was stopped when two kids came in. Slade narrowed his eyes on the boy when he said that they were annoying him. "Is that brat really telling us that it is time to leave, because we are disturbing him?!" He turned around to listen to the girl, before they were introduced, somewhat. Kailie? Slade did not recall her, but figured that was just another relative.

Last edited:
Seth thought that the extra securities might have been a bit much, but he wanted to drag Olivia away from the desk. Kalif seemed to be really calm, but he remembered Hades. They were father and son, and that temper came from somewhere, right? Two kids came in, one pretty much saying that they needed to go. A kid, telling them that it was time they left? Seth frowned a bit, and looked behind him to see a blonde girl, saying that she was hungry. Kalif left the introduction vague, and even that last part. Seth smiled a little bit, "Well, thank you for the hospitality and the information. Um, we will be in touch soon." Seth could tell that Slade was getting angry, and he was going to guess it was because of the young boy. "See you at home?" He tapped on Olivia to get her attention, before he grabbed Slade's arm and apparated out.

Olivia turned when a boy entered the room and announced that they should leave. She laughed, not nicely, at Slade’s comment. Out of her three siblings, she could always count on Slade to speak his mind, even if it made others uncomfortable. Olivia and Slade had raised a lot of hell in their household, and it didn’t stop at adulthood, though perhaps they’d tamed down a bit with age.

She grimaced and nodded when Seth suggested meeting at the cottage. Seth and Slade had places of their own now, but it had been home to all four of them in their early lives. Olivia was not looking forward to meeting with them again. She had half a mind to punch all three of her siblings after what happened today.

Olivia looked at the two children. Kailie’s. Olivia remembered Kailie, but the memory was fuzzy, like everything else. The girl had golden hair like her mother; Olivia remembered that much. Frowning, she stood by Lydia, not saying another word as she waited to leave.

The intrusion of the two children broke some of the tension in the room. Lydia found the boy kneeling before his grandfather to be very strange. That said, she did not comment; she was simply relieved to finally be able to leave. The name Kailie sounded familiar, but she couldn’t put a face to the name.

Lydia took Olivia’s hand again and looked back at Kalif. She’d noticed his smirk and was still trying to puzzle out what it meant. “Goodbye-” Lydia said, almost adding Grandfather, but stopping herself. She had no intention of seeing him again for a very, very long time. She and Olivia disapparated with a crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back