Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
onyx <3
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Pear Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Jamie had been missing Onyx dearly, they had just been so busy that there hadn’t been enough time for him to see the other man every day like he wanted to, so boy did he miss him. Jamie knew he would need to be able away from him but he just missed him. He had been surprised when Sapphire had invited him out to lunch. He was a really surprised by it. But of course he had accepted. He knew he had to get along with Sapphire and despite how frosty she could be towards him, he knew that she only meant well, that she was looking out for Onyx. He had dressed politely, just shy of too formal, but formal enough. He was waiting for her, a little nervously, but ready for this. He could continue to make good impressions on Onyx’s family and they would accept him.

Sapphire was more than slightly annoyed. Why was it that every time he wanted to do something, she had to be involved? She sighed, apparating to her apartment in Paris. At least he had picked a job a few blocks from her place. He could crash here after long sets when he was too tired to apparate home. At least, if Jamie was going to be the type of boyfriend that didn't come to every show.

She rolled her eyes as she spotted Jamie standing outside. As if being dressed up would win her over. Chrys was cute, too, and that had gone well. She brushed by Jamie, not bothering to stop for a proper greeting in her annoyance. "Come on, then," she grumbled as she went for the door. She kept going, not stopping to see if he was following.

The lounge was big, laden with tables and booths. The stage was big, hardly subtle. It was a performers lounge. Somehow she wasn't surprised he'd found his way here. The acoustics were good, she could already tell by listening to the sweet crooning of the woman currently on stage. She found the tables up front, oddly close together. She rolled her eyes, finding one by the center. Most of them read reserved, just like he'd said. She flicked off one of the cards and sat, looking across the stage. This had a good view.

Jamie nodded and followed behind her as they went into this place. She was moving like she wasn’t entirely keen to be around him but Jamie knew that she was just difficult because of Onyx’s last partners and he was willing to put up with it for Onyx. He followed her and eventually they were sat near the front. He looked to the stage, and then around himself. He’d never been in this place, but it was nice. He liked the view of the stage. ”Can I get you a drink Sapphire?” he asked politely motioning over to the bar. He wasn’t sure if people would come to them to take the order or if he was supposed to go to the bar but he knew it would be polite if he offered to buy the first drink, possibly every drink depending on her mood.

Sapphire rolled her eyes at Jamie's question. "Tempting, but you can't. Onyx has already covered our drinks for the night." She informed him. "Tonight and every other night." She added, shaking her head. "Look, he can be sweet on you all he wants to, but I don't want to be your friend," she told him bluntly. "I'm not exactly good with people, and I already tried trusting Onyx's taste in men and it ended terribly, I'm not doing it again." She placed an order for a rum and coke with the server that come up, heavy on the rum and light on the coke.

When the server left, she turned back to Jamie. "I am not here to get to know you. I'm damage control. My brother lost himself for a long time. When we were in school, he never paid attention. It wasn't always because of Chrysander; my brother was an artist." She drummed her fingers on the table, all but glaring at the frenchman.

"He used to dream about joining a band, playing his drums and writing music and travelling the world with a group of people that could be like his family." She picked up her drink and slammed half of it before setting it down. "He lost a lot of that passion when things went south with Chrys. When my brother loves someone, he doesn't hold back. He was serious about Chrysander, I caught him looking at bloody rings and arguing with himself that he was too young."

She let out a bitter laugh, glancing up to see that some girl was still crooning on stage before turning her gaze back to Jamie. "He learned the guitar for Chrys. Locked himself away for weeks, practiced until his fingers bled. 'You can't serenade anyone properly from behind a drumset and he deserves better,'" She quoted dryly, rolling her eyes. "He was so caught up in his own dramatic illusions that he didn't stop to think, played some Adam Lambert song, and Chrys didn't even smile. I helped him then, too, and all Chrys could do was complain." She slammed the rest of her drink and motioned for another, not sure why she was so angry about all of this.

Jamie kept his gaze on Sapphire as she spoke. He was a little surprised that Onyx had covered the drinks for the night. Not too surprised, but surprised. He didn’t want to take too much advantage of his generosity and certainly the words that Sapphire then said were not the most reassuring. She didn’t want to be his friend, and she didn’t trust him. He couldn’t blame the latter, he knew bits and pieces of Onyx’s past and knew that it was valid for her to be wary of him. He had hoped that the fact he’d been around now a little while might sway her but it didn’t seem to. He ordered a beer with the server. He listened to Sapphire spoke, he couldn’t hold her gaze, feeling his heart ache for Onyx and the way he had been treated by those people around her. He Couldn’t understand why Chrysander would want to treat him like that, he was so good, so beautiful, but he couldn’t change the past, he could only hope that so long as Onyx let him, he would treat him better. He looked back at Sapphire as she finished speaking. ”Onyx was treated terribly in the past, he has told me some of it amd will tell me other bits when he is ready to, if ever. Sapphire, what happened to him isn’t your story to tell me,” Jamie told her with a small voice. He didn’t want to hear this from her, he wanted to hear it from Onyx, he wanted Onyx to tell him about his past if he opted to. ”For what it's worth, when Onyx plays the piano, when he sings, I swear I’ve never heard anything more beautiful,” Jamie said, ”I haven’t got a music bone in my body, but he...his music...it’s beautiful,”

Sapphire laughed at his words, sipping her new drink. "Beautiful sentiment, pretty boy, but this time it is," she countered, turning and leaning forward on the table a bit. "Funny you say that," she pointed idly to the stage, her brow raised. "My lovely brother grew up on the drums, and rather enjoyed watching the rest of us take center stage, but no matter what, my brother has always been an artist. He just... got lost for a while." She looked to the stage, watching a moment as the current performer was wrapping up.

She looked back to Jamie. "If nothing else, you're a good influence. I wasn't sure he was ever going to find it again." She smiled. "Music is... music is who he is." She flipped her hair back behind her shoulder, sighing. "And while I might not like you, I do know that you're good for him." Her stance softened. "And I do know how much he cares about you." Her smile faded, and she sighed. "And I know he's scared. I've had to talk him up three times this morning alone."

Sapphire rubbed her eyes. "He's been holding back. I know he has. He's scared. But he doesn't want to lose you." She looked to Jamie. "I know he's taken his time. He's just... nervous. The last time he tried to offer himself to someone, it ended terribly." She scowled. "The break up was hard enough for him, but I think... I think what was worse was that, he gave all he had and as far as we could tell, the breakup didn't even phase Chrys. I mean, the guy got disqualified from the duels for making out with his opponent not even a week later."

Sapphire rolled her eyes, looking over as the music started up again, spotting her brother easily on the drums. "I know he's taken a minute, and he is dramatic, but he's an artist. His two hang ups were simple- he needed to be out on his own, and he got his apartment. And he needed a job so he could stand on his own. That's what this is," she explained, glancing back to Jamie. She sighed, reaching over and turning his head so he could see what she was getting at.

Jamie didn’t think Sapphire was right to keep talking about him and the influence. He knew that Sapphire and Onyx were close, that he would probably be okay with her saying these things to him but it still made him feel awkward. He wanted to hear it from Onyx, wanted to know it. He didn’t need her to say that it had taken a minute or that he was dramatic, he didn’t need to rush into anything Jamie was in it for the long haul and no matter how long it took to get there he’d be fine with. It wouldn’t bother him. He would’ve told her as much, would’ve said that she doesn’t need to explain Onyx to him that he knew the man pretty well now when she moved his head and he was then looking to where the music was starting and he realised why they’d come here. He knew that Onyx was doing something like this but hadn’t figured it was this. Jamie had half figured that they would be join by him later but they’d be watching him perform.

Sapphire watched her brother for a moment. He still seemed nervous, and she supposed she knew why. The performing didn't bother him; Onyx had never been shy on stage. If he had an issue when he was performing, there was pretty much always only one reason. She sipped her drink, glancing to Jamie. "He's most comfortable on the drums. He grew up with a pair of drumsticks in his hands," she joked lightly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Don't you recognize the song? It played that first night out, when you were at the club for your birthday," She told him, swishing her drink a little lazily.

"He meant to ask you out that night, you know. He was just so swept away by you, right from the beginning. But you went to get a drink and while he was trying to straighten up he overheard some pretty nasty comments about his scar. Lost all his nerve then," She rolled her eyes and shook her head. Onyx had always been self conscious about his scar, especially before his hair had grown out again.

When the music ended, the lights on stage dimmed so low you could hardly see. She knew why, of course. She glanced to Jamie, trying to gauge his reaction so far. "He swore off the guitar, you know. After Chrys. Blamed himself, I think. And after Isla, he swore off Adam Lambert. He used to like to sing it for her. Chrys broke his heart, but she broke his spirit. He told me something once, when I tried to talk him out of it. Something along the lines of not wanting either until he thought he could love someone again."

She smirked a little, looking back up as the music started again. Only this time, Onyx stood front and center with a deep blue and black Gibson Les Paul. She grinned impishly at Jamie. "Oh, look at that," she pretended to be surprised, sipping her drink. "An Adam Lambert song, too. He said he was going all out, I can see why he was so nervous."

She chuckled lightly. "He really is doing everything he can to impress you." She nudged Jamie's arm, winking playfully at him. "You didn't really think our cuddly little kitten could stay away from you so long unless he had some scheme he was working on, did you? Please, he can spend all week with you and he'll still be draped over the couch whining that he misses you after ten minutes." She continued to watch her brother. He was caught up in what he was doing, focusing on his placement on the strings, on keeping harmony with his back up singer, basically everything he could do to make sure he sounded good and to make sure he didn't look at either of his guests.

Jamie was watching the stage, half listening to what Sapphire was saying. He knew somewhat about the things she was telling him. He didn’t know who Adam Lambert was, but he hoped that Onyx would one day find the courage to play it again, if he was as good at that as he was with the piano then it would be amazing. He immediately spotted Onyx as he stood front and centre, and was a little mesmerised by him. There was a look of fondness in Jamie’s expression, his gaze following Onyx. He was just so in awe of the way that Onyx was, it was wonderful. He didn’t know who this Adam lambert was but he had to be half decent with Onyx sounding like he was. He knew Sapphire was still speaking but he was just watching him, watching his sing, watching his fingers move on the strings. He half wanted to tell Sapphire to be quiet so that he could just take this all in with him but he was sure given how she always was towards him that he would make things worse by telling her to be quiet.

Sapphire smirked a bit, noticing easily how little he was paying attention. She was pleased by it, honestly, and it relaxed her. She'd been on the fence for a while about Jamie, unsure he would be any better for him than anyone else. But she wasn't a fool. That look was incredibly similar to her brothers whenever anyone mentioned Jamie. Or better, it was a look she often noticed between her uncles. She sipped her drink, waiting for the song to finish. The stage went black as the last few chords played, and she reached over, snapping her fingers to catch Jamie's attention. Not close enough to be rude, but close. She was trying to play nice now.

She smiled softly. "Lover boy. You know what he's doing, don't you? I'm here to keep him in check, he doesn't want it to go badly this time. This is his new job, yes, but this performance, its for you." Her voice was much softer as she spoke now. "The song from the club. A song and an instrument he swore not to touch until he believed again. The next one, he's played the tune for you a hundred times but been too scared to add the vocals." She looked up, knowing he would start soon. "Right now it's directed at you but still vague enough that attention isn't on you. His sets are four songs, sometimes five. Today is four. There are two ways this will end. The last song will either be like the rest, sweet but vague. Or I'll signal him that it's okay and he will go all out and serenade you directly. I'm literally only here to make sure you're comfortable," She smiled, falling silent as the music started again. This time, her brother was at the piano, the blush evident on his cheeks as he carried on.

Jamie didn’t really know the songs that Onyx was playing, they seemed like they weren’t original songs, but rather amazing covers. He listened the playing, let his gaze follow Onyx and what he was doing. He could here that Sapphire was still speaking but the words were clearly going a bit over his head. He was caught by the last of her words, and nodded, ”I’m comfortable,” he assured her, he didn’t know how anyone couldn’t be. To have someone sing for you, sing to you, it was maybe a little public for some, there could be some who didn’t like grand gestures like this, but he, he didn’t mind them, and truly it was wonderful to watch Onyx perform and to sing. He knew he’d have to spend more time here, whenever he got a chance.

Sapphire raised a brow, smirking softly. "Fine, fine. You win. I'm not crazy about it, but you win," She sighed, before reaching over and patting his hand. "He's going to be dramatic about it, just so you know. I had to keep him from changing his mind a few times already, but I'm pretty sure he's going to ask you out. In front of everyone. That's why he's doing everything- he's trying to impress you with everything he can do so he doesn't feel so outmatched." She rolled her eyes. "He's gone through the instruments, so the last one is a ballad, purely vocal. For him, anyway. He's also in charge of all of it- the choreography, the music, the back up vocals and the lighting and effects. He's more hands on than any of the other performers here- he tailors everything he does." She chuckled, downing her drink before standing. She'd left her brother in suspense for a few moments as it was. She didn't bother saying goodbye, sauntering off to deal with her brother.

Onyx had been dying. He'd thrown himself into this, planning it, preparing it, spending the last month making sure it was perfect. He'd drawn back from Jamie a bit, worried that he would spoil it if he acted too soon and knowing he might not be able to resist. He had almost broken down, backed out, at least three times already. But Sapphire had convinced him to follow through. This was Jamie. Onyx's heart beat furiously, his cheeks were flushed. He knew exactly what he was doing. Even if he was terrified.

As the last of the songs ended, the lights on the stage dimmed, enough to hide him. He slid off the jacket he'd been wearing, kicked off the heeled boots, let down his hair. He was left barefoot, in ripped blue jeans and one of Jamie's shirts. It was too big on him, he knew it, but that was the point. He wasn't going to be dressed up for this. He was... well, he was just Onyx. He watched as Sapphire walked away, swallowing nervously and meeting her at the side of the stage, handing her his things. He could feel the little item in his pocket, running a hand over his jeans nervously before moving back to the front of the stage.

He could do this, right? He let out a soft breath, and began to sing, the lights and music fading in around him. The drums were almost deafening to him, and he almost felt like it was a physical representation of how his heart must sound. He kept his eyes down, not ready to meet Jamie's gaze yet. He kept his hands on the microphone, focusing on his breathing, emotion dripping from his voice.

Slowly, he began to move as he sang. He took the microphone from its stand, walked across the stage, and stepped out onto the first table near him. He had arranged it, practiced it, spent a few nights making sure this would work. He walked across the empty tables, slowly, making sure not to disrupt the song significantly, sinking down to sit cross legged on the table in front of Jamie. He continued the song, keeping his eyes shut until the last note faded.

He flipped off the microphone, a softer piano piece playing in the back that he ignored as he set the microphone down beside him on the table. He swallowed nervously, finally opening his eyes to peek at Jamie. Onyx was tense, nervous, his hands folding in his lap. "Hi," he greeted softly, unsure of what would happen next.

Jamie looked to Sapphire for a moment as she touched his hand. He wouldn’t mind if Onyx took now to ask him out, he knew they hadn’t been official yet, but he would’ve been happy to just be asked out at any point. He didn’t need a show to say yes, but he could appreciate that Onyx had a way of doing things and if this was the way of doing that he was pretty happy. He didn’t notice that Sapphire had left, he was back to having his gaze fixed on Onyx. He gave the man a warm smile, and watched as he stopped his singing, having moved to be right in front of him, the piano continued in the background. Jamie smiled at him, ”Hey baby,” he greeted him speaking softly, he wasn’t sure if he should say anything. He wanted to tell him it was beautiful. ”You sing so beautifully baby,” he spoke quietly, just wanting to express how wonderful he was finding this. He’d never had someone serenade him and now he wouldn’t want anyone but Onyx to serenade him.

Onyx laughed, feeling a little shy, and ducked his head. "I-i um, heh, thanks," he stuttered a little, before clearing his throat and scooting forward ever so slightly. "Jamie, um," he let out a nervous laugh, shaking his head and trying to work through the pounding of his heart. Half of him was screaming that it was too soon, but the other half (and his sister) insisted it wasn't. And this was Jamie. He let out a shaky sigh, running a hand through his hair. "Merlin, this is hard," he laughed, though it sounded strained, and leaned in a bit.

He peeked up at Jamie, trying to be reassured by the familiar features of the other man. "I, um, listen, I know... I know I've been holding back, and you're amazing, you've been so patient with me," he gave Jamie a shy smile, looking down at his hands and twisting them a bit. "Jamie, mon chiot, I..." Onyx sighed, letting out another shaky laugh. "Je t'aime, mon chiot," he confessed, deciding it was the best place to start.

He glanced to Jamie again, offering him a warm smile. "Listen, um... Jamie, I... I've been thinking, a lot, and I..." he looked back down to his hands, trying to get it all out in a way that made sense. "I don't want another boyfriend. I don't. I tried once, and it ended terribly." He hurried on, not wanting to give Jamie the wrong idea. "I don't want to date. You date someone when you like them, but you aren't in it enough to commit. Dating is to get to know someone you like. And I don't need that." He reached into his pocket, and sighed softly.

"I already know what I want," He laughed nervously. "I want to commit. You know, for... for always. You and me," Onyx held the little box in his hands, biting his lip. He let out a long breath, before straightening. "I'm just going to skip ahead a few steps here," he joked softly. "You're my home. I feel safest when I'm with you, I belong with you. I love you, baby, with all my heart, with all I am, I love you." He offered out the box, opening it to reveal the ring inside. "Jamie Gallie Derouin, um... do you think maybe, um, heh," Onyx cleared his throat before trying again. "Mon chiot, will you marry me?"

Jamie wasn’t sure what Onyx was building to but he smiled at him, giving a soft expression as the man said it’s been hard. He wanted to assure him, he’d always be patient, that a relationship shouldn’t rushed, it should go at a pace which suits both parties. He was a little surprised at the expression of love. ”I love you too,” it felt forward given that they hadn’t really formally dated, but he knew that a label didn’t remove the last little while that they had spent together. He nodded along as Onyx started speaking, very confused by what he was saying, thinking that perhaps this wasn’t Onyx wanting to date him but looking to take a break. But then it wasn’t that at all. In fact it was rather the opposite. He thought it was a little funny, they never seemed to follow the normal path. But Jamie had decided that this was it for him anyway, that Onyx was to be his partner in life, and he would take it to the pace the man wanted. He knew his ex described him as a dog with a bone. But he didn’t want to think about her, though thing had end amicably and he was without a doubt in a better position, in a better relationship now, he wanted to only focus on Onyx. He nodded. ”Of course baby,” He said, ”Of course I’ll marry you,” Jamie told him with a wide expression, he thought this was so sweet, and all for him. It was perfect.

Onyx relaxed visibly as Jamie said yes, his entire body softening. He fell back on the table, covering his face with his hands. He took a moment, taking several deep breaths before sitting up again. He slid off the table, moving to curl up in Jamie's lap instead. He bit back a yawn, cuddling up to his fiancé and smiling like an idiot at the thought. He picked up Jamie's hand and slid the ring on, unthinkingly bringing Jamie's hand up and pressing a kiss to Jamie's new ring. He smiled, content, and nuzzled into Jamie's neck, lacing his fingers through the frenchmans. "Do you like the ring?" He asked, trying to fight off the sudden wave of exhaustion he felt. Onyx was really rather drained after the emotional roller coaster he'd been on all day. "I can buy you a new one if you don't like this one, I'm not fussed," he reassured his love, smiling softly.

Jamie wasn’t sure how he was keeping calm, his sisters, his friends and team was going to have a field day with this, and he was sure he would bore them all over and over as he told the story, this story. He happily took his fiance into his lap and let Onyx slip on the ring. He smiled and nodded at the question. ”Baby, you could’ve given me a candy ring and I would’ve loved it,” he said. ”You have perfect taste,” Jamie wanted to kiss him, carry him home, spend all evening and night with him. He kissed whatever parts of onyx were available to him. ”I love you so much baby,” he knew that they’d sort of gone from zero to a hundred in a matter of minutes, but he knew his words were true. He loved Onyx more deeply than he’d ever loved anyone else. ”You sing so beautifully, I just want to take you home,”

Onyx giggled softly, nuzzling in against Jamie and doing his best to curl up closer. He was purring softly, shifting easily to give Jamie more spots to kiss, absolutely loving the attention. "Mm, I love you more, mon chiot," He purred before he laughed lightly at the last comment. "Well, lucky for you I'm portable," he teased, shifting a bit so he might be a bit easier to pick up, wrapping his arms around Jamie's neck and running his fingers through the Frenchman's hair. "I'm done here for the night," he tried to hold back a yawn but failed miserably. He sighed, nuzzling his nose into Jamie's neck. "I'm really worn out, I forgot how much work it was to perform," He laughed lightly. "Do you wanna go home and cuddle in bed?" He asked, automatically thinking of Jamie's flat.

Jamie was a little surprised that Onyx was done for the night, though admittedly he’d never been to a show like this before. But as Onyx told him he was done and wanted to go home Jamie nodded. ”Okay, let’s get you home.” he stood up slowly, carrying all of Onyx. He got out of the bar and headed down a quiet little street to be able to take him home. It wasn’t how he had expected his day to go really, it wasn’t at all what he’d thought, but really it was good. He was happy with it. It was not what he had expected but he was still pleased. He couldn’t wait to be married to Onyx. Couldn’t wait for them and their life. He was vowing already that he’d ensure that not a day went by without Onyx feeling loved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back