Somewhere over yonder

Scott Anderson

*open*

Scott had recently been promoted to the Head of the Auror Department which pleased him very much. Though he had liked Jake and enjoyed being his assistant he had felt he was running the department anyway and just lacking the title to suit his job.
He stepped out of the Ministry (wherever that may be located now) and inhaled a deep breath of air, he had always loved the way Spring seemed to smell. He took another few steps out before throwing his thin white cloak over himself as he realized that there was still a chill in the air. He positioned a hood over his head and started to walk down the street, to where he did not know, but he was enjoying life for the moment and this pleased him greatly.

Chikako Katsunie was lost again. She didn't know well the imigration laws around here but she was sure she had done everything right. Just to make sure Chikako was visting the Minestry. She had her hair in her normal tight bun but she wished he had left her lase up shoes at home. All the walking was making her feet hurt and she was no closer to finding the entrence to the Minestry than she was half an hour ago.

Scott had continued on his way for a small while, taking a few turns up the various streets here and there, but staying within the general vicinity of the Ministry of Magic. After a while of mindless wandering he determined it was time to pay attention to where he was going. He glanced around and recognized his surroundings well enough then gave courteous nods to the people around him many of whom were his colleagues.

As Scott looked around him he spotted a woman whom he had not seen before and who looked quite lost and dazed. He approached her with a smile, lowering the hood from his head so his face was clearly visible, "Hello there. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but you look like you're not quite sure where you're going." he said with a kind smile.

Chikako looked at the man. Are hoods the norm around these parts? she asked herself before puting on an equally kind smile. "Yes I was wondaring if you could tell me whea the The Minestry of Magic is." She asked. She tryed her best not to mess tha language to bad. She had only been leaning english for a few months now and wan't sure her speech got across sometimes.
(the bold means she thought that in Japanese)

(OK then :) )

"Though it would be difficult to tell you, I could bring you there." Scott offered the woman kindly, not precisely knowing how to describe the way back but being able to show it for sure. He pulled his white hood back over his head and motioned towards a small roadway, "Just this way." he informed her with a smile.

Chikako hesatated alittle. After what happened to her in her native Tokyo she wasn't that trusting of new people. "Alright after you. I'm Chikako by the way, just moved hea." She said politely. She wondered for a moment what her girls where doing home alone then thought it better not to know.

Scott nodded, he should have known better than to expect a complete stranger to trust him, he himself was unsure if he could trust the woman but it was a public place and figured she wouldn't try anything. "Of course." he confirmed politely, beginning to move to the main road ahead of the woman, "It is nice to meet you Chikako, I am Scott Anderson, I hope you're enjoying yourself in New Zealand." he started, hoping to later inquire what Chikako was going to the Ministry for, but not planning on pushing his luck just yet.

Chikako looked around alittle parehesively as she walked after him. She really dind't like not knowing her way around. "It big enough that I get lost easyly." She said. Afew moments after wards she cought her own mustakes and whinsed. She could tell already living here was going to harder than she thought. "Though New Zealand look like nice place to live." She added honestly. She felt safer here and she had a steady job at the post office so she was happy enough.

Scott laughed lightly at Chikako's first statement about New Zealand, "I can imagine being new here would give you that feeling." he commented, continuing to listen to Chikako, "I'm glad you find it nice here." he stated, knowing how awful it would be to live in a place you didn't like. "So, may I be so bold as to ask what business you will be going about at the Ministry?" Scott asked, hoping he wasn't being intrusive but wanting to get to know a little bit more about this woman he was helping.

Chikako didn't mind. She had to tell someone where she was going other wise she might get lost in the Minestry building too. "I going to The Internatonal law offace to see if all paper work correct." She said. She tended to worry about small things sometimes but she had to make sure eveything was in order for them to live here. Other wise she could be seprated from her daughters sooner than she thought. "You work at Minestry?" She asked wanting the coversation to go abit of a diffrent direction.

Scott nodded his understanding as they grew nearer to the Ministry of Magic offices, unsure of what to say next he figured making some small talk would be the most polite thing to do, "So, what do you do for a living?" he asked brightly, not being able to help happiness on such a wonderful Spring morning.

She missed the charry blossomes at home that came with spring but that was it. She looked around againg trying to memorise how they had gotten here. "I run the post office in Hosmead. I love to look after all the owls." She said. She had worked hard to set up her post office though there where few birds there to take the mail.

"Ah, that seems like an exciting livelihood, so you've just started work?" Scott asked, assuming he was correct but filling the conversational gap it would take as they approached the front doors of the Ministry where the men with Probity Probes stood.

Chikako nodded while giving her wand up for inspection. "Yes it was sort of hard to get started but I've got it going well now. How about you, what you do here?" She asked. She felt him to a nice person. Chikako was still on her guard but she had made it into the Minestry building ok so she could assume he had nothig to hide for now.

Scott had not been asked for his wand nor had he been probed, simply waved through, on the other side of the guards he smiled to Chikako, "I'm Head of the New Zealand Auror department."

Chikako's eyes went wide the steped away from him to bow at the waist with her hands together. "Sorry I didn't know you held sush a high position." She said as she strightened back out. She got her wand back then looked around. Oh yes she could easyly get lost here.

(I forgot she was Japanese for a moment and I was going to have Scott tell her bowing was silly. :D )

"Don't apologize, there is nothing to apologize for." Scott stated, this would have been an awkward moment for him had he not known that it would be part of Chikako's customs to bow in such a way, he returned a similar bow politely then straightened back out, "You will need to go to level five to find the International Law Offices." Scott informed her.

(( :D Alittle bit my falt, she sopped to be alittle more horrable at english.))

Chikako looked around again then saw the elevater. "Ok I think I can find office for hea. Domo Arigato Mista Anderson." She said with another quick bow. She slid the falling strap of her purse back out on her shoulder and made her way over to the elevaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back