OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chaser <3
Aminia Macksimov was not the same person she entered into Hogwarts as years ago. The child blossomed every day into a woman with more wisdom adn knowledge about the real world than she had ever thought capable of. The blonde pondered as she ran fingers over the half wall she'd often used to stretch on, earning glances at the very least from other students. She'd have done anything to gather that attention, and a part of her still would. In her hand she clutched a very short letter from her sister about the Holidays, wondering if she should have written back instead of ignoring it. However she couldn't lie to her, she'd continued to contact Chaser - the strange boy she'd met on a competition trip. Regardless on the friends Aminia was learning to make she still often thought of the boy she wrote poems for.

The veela glanced behind her before hopping onto the wall in a less than graceful motion. She nearly dropped her notebook and quill onto the ground, the ink well already sitting on the top. Once on the call she settled herself into a hamstring stretch, leaning forward with book in hand she adjusted to be able to read through her writing, and write a little bit more in the space between her legs. If she at least combined the two then she couldn't be told she was losing her focus. Though she knew she'd never get away with that at her house. Aminia thought carefully before marking in some more words, concentrating on the paper, as if no one around her existed. It was easier than feeling alone when things got crowded.

After being in quite a sour mood for the last couple of weeks, Gwen was slowly seeing herself get better. There hadn't been much talk of the revolution since it happened and the Gryffindor was very thankful for that. She no longer tried to avoid people as much and was happy to finally be herself again in hopes that the revolution wasn't going to take over the school. If that were to happen, Gwen wouldn't hesitate moving schools, despite the couple of friends and acquaintances that she had made. After all, she could write to them if worse came to worse.

With her head held high, Gwen walked through the courtyard to get some fresh air before her next class. She often felt that getting fresh air cleared her mind and made her feel happier somehow. As she saw an older girl sitting on the wall, Gwen suddenly became curious and walked straight up to her, hoping she hadn't intruded on anything important. "What are you doing?" she asked, looking down at her writing. She wondered why the girl had chosen the courtyard rather than the library to do her homework if that was the case and couldn't help how curious she was.

"That's not right." Mini muttered to herself, crumpling up the paper she'd been working so hard on. It joined the pile in front of her she planned on tossing them in the fire in the Slytherin common room later, but for now they'd serve as a reminded that she wasn't working hard enough - that she wasn't quite good enough yet. The blonde was starting fresh on another piece of paper, when she heard the small voice of a fellow student ask her what it was she was doing. Aminia turned her head, not losing her stretch. "The uhm, stretching..." The normally eloquent girl had been caught off guard and turned to look at her paper for a moment. "Or the writing?" She inquired. "I suppose maybe both?" her Russian accent was muted more these days from spending such a long time in New Zealand - her sister was the same her accent mixing with french when she spoke. Human language was so interesting. "Are you a first year?" She asked, the girl appeared young, and AMinia hoped she did not insult her by inquiring as such.

Gwen stared at the ever growing pile in front of the girl and considered picking up one of the scraps of paper to have a look at it. However, the Gryffindor knew more than just to do so. Perhaps she was throwing them there for a reason and didn't want them to be moved? When the Ravenclaw spoke Gwen listened before replying to her, suddenly aware that her simple question was also quite broad. "Well, mainly the writing. Does the stretching help with it?" she asked, hoping this was the case and that Gwen might be able to do some of her own stretching when she studied later on. However, Gwen did not plan on doing so in the courtyard as there were plenty of other places to go. At the girl's question, Gwen beamed. "Yes! I'm a first year Gryffindor." she told her, quite proud of the house she was sorted into. "I'm Gwen." She put out her hand for the girl to shake, happy to have made a potential new friend.

Aminia chuckled a little and shook her head. "No, I stretch because I dance, and I wanted to write. So instead of blocking out time for both, why not do them at once?" She asked, feeling rather smart for coming up with the time saver. Aminia extended her lithe hand, the peaches and cream complexion quite a contrast to the ginger's pale skin. Aminia adjusted to sit more facing her, her legs now dangling over the wall. After all the younger students were eager to know people and enjoyed talking, not that Aminia minded as much as she used to. After all, the more she made friends, the more enjoyable it was. "I'm Aminia. A sixth year." She responded. "So Gwen, how are you liking Hogwarts so far?" She inquired, innocently enough, more than happy to continue her writing later. She was at a road block after all.

Gwen nodded as the older girl explained herself, figuring she had great talent to be a dancer. Her mother told her that there was always a mean stereotype for people who danced, and even though Gwen agreed, she figured the girl in front of her was far from that and genuinely seemed nice. She wished she had a talent that she could multitask doing homework with. The Gryffindor smiled as the girl introduced herself as Aminia. "I like that name!" she exclaimed, wondering where it was from. She didn't ask however and skipped straight to answering her question. "Well, kind of." She shrugged. "My brother goes to the one in Scotland and I know they're kind of the same thing but I wish I went there." Gwen knew that if she told her mothers that she wanted to move that they would let her, but Gwen didn't want to tell them why and so she was stuck at the school for a whole seven years. "Do you like it here?" Gwen wondered if perhaps she would get used to it and hoped that Aminia was happy there in hopes she would soon be too.

Even though Maggie had been doing her best to make new friends and create opportunities for the first years to get together, she still didn't have anyone that she could call a real friend yet. At her old school she'd had a few people, but as the Hufflepuff was quite shy she found it difficult to go out of her way to talk to strangers. The Dungeons and Dragons game had gone well, but one they'd parted way she still hadn't met up with them. As she sat in the Courtyard, grateful for the return of some warm weather, she was by herself, trying to read one of her flying textbooks. Heights scared her like nothing else, and she'd been struggling in her lessons. It was bad enough that she was needing to get used to the idea that magic was real, and now she could fly was just mind boggling.

Her thoughts were distracted when she overheard some students talking, specifically about how one of the girls brothers went to Scotland. Glancing up from her book, Maggie wondered, and hoped, whether she was talking about Hogwarts Scotland and whether they'd know her brother. Despite all her instincts telling her it was a bad idea to talk to these people, and that she was better off alone, she closed her book and wandered over to the pair, doing her best not to make it so obvious she was uncomfortable interrupting them."Excuse me. Did you say your brother goes to Scotland?" she queried to the younger girl, recognising her from her classes.

Aminia smiled at the girl. "Thank you, and I rather think your name is lovely. Is it short for something." At the girls next words Aminia was caught off guard. Brother went to Scotland, and she was a first year... Mini wondered briefly if this was Chaser's sister, however his sister was named Maggie, at least that was what she vaguely remembered. Chaser and she didn't really talk about family in a broad sense, they mostly spoke in silly limericks it seemed, but the blonde didn't mind. She felt at ease writing him, no requirement to be so proper, and the Veela was coming out of her shell, slowly but surely. She felt guilty however that she couldn't have done these things with Lennon, however it was must to difficult with him. Now it was hard to even talk with him in the meeting they held for the paper. Her golden eyes stayed pointed at the ground instead.

It didn't take but a few seconds for those thoughts to flash, and she was nearing asking when a small brunette approached the two of them and asked a quick question. "She did. What is your brother's name?" She inquired, curious if it was who she believed it to be. "Oh I am sorry, I am Aminia." She spoke to the other whom was just approaching, extending her hand once more.

"Oh yeah, it's short for Gwenyth, but don't call me that." Gwen replied quickly, trying not to sound rude. "No one ever calls me that." She shrugged, preferring her nickname rather than her actual name anyway. She liked her name shortened and it would feel weird to have someone call her by her full name, even if that was her actual name. As another girl came over to them, Gwen smiled at her, happy to have someone else join in on the conversation. She hoped Aminia did not mind, but it didn't seem that she did as she was the first one to speak. "Yeah! He's a Ravenclaw, in his sixth year." Gwen told her, wondering if perhaps she knew anyone that went there. "His name is Cadell but he doesn't look anything like me cause we're adopted." Gwen never usually told anyone this, but hoped to clear up this fact so the girl didn't think she looked like anyone she knew. "Do you know anyone that goes there?" she asked, wondering if perhaps she knew her brother.

Even though it's what she was hoping for, she was surprised that both girl started to talk to her, seemingly not minding that she'd just intrupted their conversation. "Nice to meet you," she gave her a small smile, allowing the second girl to speak before she said anything. Her English was improving every day bit she still had to make an extra effort to listen closely as others spoke to her. "Oh really. That is the same as me and my brother too. We are adopted and so we do not look the same." Maggie took a seat beside the girl she recognised, before turning to the older one. "My brother is called Chaser. He is a fifth year Gryffindor so I do not know if he would know Cadell, but he could?" She responded, glancing her brown eyes between the two students in front of her. "My name is Maggie. Maggie Rosendale." She'd almost forgotten to introduce herself, but did so before she could be prompted. "My parents live in South Korea, there is where I was born. Me and Chaser chose to go to different schools though. Do you miss your brother?" She asked Gwen, knowing Maggie certainly did even if he was the most annoying boy she'd ever known.

Aminia was relaxed as the ginger haired girl talked about her brother but that disappeared shortly as a familiar name was mentioned. The Veela felt her cheeks heart up and she glanced at the stone work of the wall. She wondered if Maggie would know her name, or if Chaser had spoken about her. What if he had? Was it positive words or negative? Then the thought crossed her mind that he had never spoken about her and never would. After all she was so... plain? The Ravenclaw grinned. "I know your brother." She spoke gently to Maggie. "But I don't know yours! I am sure he is nice though!" She insisted. After all Chaser was nice. "My sister also attends another school but it is in France." She spoke, seeing that she and the first year girls had things in common, however she remained silent after that so that the girls could chat about their brothers for a moment.

Maggie had only approached the pair because she thought the younger student's brother might have something in common with her own, but she hadn't anticipated the older girl to claim she actually knew him. How could she know Chaser if she didn't go to the school or her sister went to Beauxbatons? She narrowed her eyes wondering whether the girl was lying. Maybe she wanted to be part of their conversation and as an older student she wouldn't have thought they would question her. "No you do not." Maggie stated, not thinking that perhaps she had managed to meet him. Maggie hadn't been particularly close to Chaser until he'd left for Hogwarts. and then she found she missed his company more than anyone's. Maggie continued to frown at the older girl, annoyed that she'd tried to make up something like that. She finally broke eye contact to look at the other girl from her classes, someone she was much more likely to believe.

Aminia nearly choked on her own spit with the dark haired girl called her a liar, and she couldn't help but laugh. It was strange, just a few years ago being called a liar would have set Mini off in a fit - however she knew the girl only found it unbelievable because she had no proof at the moment. "I met him in South Korea on break. He took me to your guys' house, we ate on the balcony and had... pineapple fluids." Calling the drink the same as Chaser had. "You have a dog... uhm... Jim...my?" The Russian spoke, trying to make her case. "He writes me now." She spoke, unsure if she was supposed to say all of this, but still feeling the need to exert that she wasn't a liar. "Sorry, I didn't mean to steal the conversation, Gwen, what does your brother do at the other school, is he a part of the quidditch team?"

Gwen listened as the girl introduced herself as Maggie Rosendale and began to talk about her brother that went to the same school as Cadell and was adopted just like Gwen was. But as Aminia stated she knew Maggie's brother and Maggie denied it, Gwen almost thought the pair of them were going to argue. But the conversation seemed civilised enough and the Gryffindor stood there as the girls talked, not really sure if she should intervene or walk away. However, Aminia addressed her and apologised and Gwen smiled, shaking her head. "No it's okay." she reassured her before answering her question. "He doesn't really like sport. He's not a prefect or anything because he only transferred there from Ilvermorny not too long ago, but all he does is read and you'll probably find him in the library or something." Gwen shrugged, not really liking the fact Cadell didn't like to play sports. The Gryffindor herself enjoyed it and was slightly disappointed that he refused to play games with her sometimes.

Maggie continued to glare at the older girl, not yet convinced that she had anything to do with Chaser. It wasn't until the Ravenclaw described a few things in the way that her brother would, that her face began to soften. She nodded at the mention of the family dog. Little swine. She hated that thing. Chaser would take Jimmy round the house in his arms, forcing her to lock herself in her room for a couple of hours to avoid being licked. The feeling of the animals spit against her skin disgusted her, and every time she looked at the dog she would get reminded of feeling his slobber on her arm. As the two girls began to talk between them about Gwen's brother, Maggie didn't recognise his name or any mention of him before. Perhaps Chaser didn't know him, or if they did they weren't friends. Turning her attention back to the older student, she considered the scene of her sat with Chaser in their house, no doubt their mum fussing over them intently. "Chaser would not have took you to the house." She couldn't deny though that it was strange she knew where they lived. Maybe she'd just overheard someone talking about it, although considering that Chaser hadn't yet been to Brightstone to visit Maggie she knew that was unlikely. "Why did you meet him?" She asked, unintentionally blanking the other girl beside them. She hadn't realised how much she felt as though she needed to defend her older brother in his absence, and despite growing up with the pain in a** she still wanted to keep an eye out for him. She folded her arms over her chest, unwilling to back down to the girl who thought she knew him.

Aminia nodded at what the ginger haired girl said, smiling. "Well that sounds like a relaxed brother. He must enjoy studying?" She inquired, considering she'd mentioned the library. However not everyone who was in the library studied she supposed. "Do you enjoy sports yourself." She asked barely getting the sentence out before the dark haired girl brought up the meeting between herself and her brother. The golden eyed Claw just smiled and shrugged, her cheeks heating up at the inquiry on their meeting. "Oh... I was in a marketplace and dropped my notebook. He decided to read it out loud until I came back. I suppose it was nice though, as i did get my notebook back." She smiled. "He took me to the house to eat with him, is he not allowed to have girls over." The question did not sound strange to Aminia, she was a girl was he going to get in trouble for that? it wasn't as if they'd done anything wrong, they'd even semi-picked up after themselves. Perhaps his family was private.

It wasn't that Maggie didn't really care about the Gryffindor, but where her brother was involved she felt as though that was her priority, and if this girl wanted to tell them that she knew Chaser then it was hard for the Hufflepuff to concentrate on anything else. Maybe that's why the Korean didn't have any friends. There wasn't much that shocked her anymore about her brothers behaviour, but imagining this girl in her house had unnerved her a little. She narrowed her eyes when she mentioned girls as though that was the only type of friend Chaser said. "Chaser has lots of friends over." she replied, although that wasn't totally honest. He didn't have many friends, although at least those he did have she'd seen around the area. Maggie was just glad that he would be coming to visit her at Christmas in New Zealand, and maybe she'd be able to see the two of them together and access if they really were what she claimed. "Are you going to talk to him in December?" she asked her, wondering how much of their sibling time she fancied eating into.

Aminia couldn't believe how persistent this girl was with questioning her. She must have really cared about her brother. The blonde then heard her next question and her face easily heat d to a punk tone. She had been planning to meet Chaser. She'd even began to learn Korean in order to speak at the restaurant she was planning to go to. "I Uhm..." She stuttered for a moment. "I do plan to see him for a weekend..." she admitted, wishing at the very least someone else wasn't there to witness her as a blushing mess. It wasn't as if she was embarrassed to be around Chaser, it was that as they'd sent letters she'd started to feel... things for him. "I actually am going to take him to dinner." She finally spoke.

Maggie was a little disheartened to hear that Chaser had made a new friend that he was spending weekends with without telling her. He never had a sleepover with anyone except Linnux and that was during the holidays and they'd treat it as such. This seemed different though, and the girl's shade of colour seemed to indicate that Maggie had caught her off guard. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be friends with a girl that tried to take her brother away from her, and trying not to get too angry about the whole situation she decided to best thing to do was to talk to her brother about it herself. "Well, tell him I said "Hi"." She finished, remembering the manners that her parents had tried so hard to instil in them both when they were growing up. Without waiting a moment more, Maggie left the pair to resume their previous conversation, as she had a much more pressing issue to attend to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back