Closed Something Unexpected

Lucie Vernier

older twin | confrontational

OOC First Name
kaye
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Wenge Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
With the second semester underway now, Lucie had a lot more work to do in order to find things to distract her. The Quidditch game had gone well and she was happy that slytherin had won. It was probably the only good thing to happen for a while. She tried being creative and doing some art to distract her from everything else, but that really wasn't working for her. She just didn't have the natural talent like her older sister did. Lucie had tried to make friends, but clearly everyone at Hogwarts wasn't right for her and were all much too sensitive. She simply had to distract herself from her lack of friends, and so that was what she was going to do. With her broom clutched tightly in her hand and her hair back into a ponytail, Lucie made her way onto the quidditch pitch to try and do some practice. There weren't too many people on the field which was a good thing. She sat on the grass and polished her broomstick before she planned to take off, feeling it was well overdue for one.

Jordie was feeling less than confident about his skills at Quidditch. He was doing well with Weston and their band. He and Bran ran twice a day. He was studying when he could with either Eoin or Professor Summers. But he felt like he needed to work harder with his Quidditch if he wanted to get any better. He walked down to the pitch, surprised to see someone was already there. Smiling brightly, Jordie walked up. He could always use a new friend. "Hi!" He greeted. "Whatcha doing?" He asked.

Lucie quickly looked up when she heard a voice. At first she thought it might have been a younger student, but they were in fact in her own grade. She recognised him from classes and knew he played on the Hufflepuff team. There was a reason why she hadn't spoken to him before. The Slytherin raised an eyebrow at him, wondering why he was being so nosy. She thought it was pretty obvious what she was doing. "Polishing my broom..." she said sarcastically, thinking that perhaps he was a little slow. "Can I help you?" She thought the only reason he would want to talk would be if he wanted something.

Jordie smiled brightly, unfazed by her behavior. He sat down with her, brushing his hair back. "No, not really. I was just coming out to practice and saw you here." He smiled at her easily. "You're on one of the other teams, right?" He asked. "We can practice together if you want, I don't mind," he chattered easily. "Oh, I'm Jordie by the way."

Lucie found it a little absurd that someone random would want to come up and chat with her for no reason. It was a different feeling, but still Lucie struggled to trust him. "You know I'm in Slytherin, right?" she clarified as he mentioned she was on one of the other teams. She wasn't surprised that he didn't know. After all, she was basically invisible. As he offered to practice with her, her eyes widened. "You want to practice with... me?" she said, hesitating as she thought whether or not she should do so. Were rival teams meant to practice together? He introduced himself as Jordie. "Lucie. You know my brother don't you?" She thought it was obvious considering they were both in the same house.

Jordie smiled. "I know." He replied easily. "I do want to practice with you," he told her. He blinked as she mentioned her brother. "Oh, right, yeah, um, Louis, right?" He asked, sinking down to sit with her. "I know we're on different teams, in different houses. But how are we supposed to get better if we don't practice with new people?" He asked.

Lucie raised an eyebrow as the boy in front of her seemed really keen to practice with her. The girl found it hard to trust people, especially since they were on rival teams, but she didn't want to blow her chances of making a friend. After all, if Louis trusted him then perhaps Lucie could sort of trust him too. "Okay fine, let's practice together." she said finally, picking up her broom and a quaffle. She mounted her broom and hovered as she spoke again. "You're a chaser, right? I'm a keeper. Did you wanna practice some shooting?"

Jordie smiled as Lucie agreed, mounting his broom as she did and hovering a second. His smile widened. "Oh! That's a great idea! Sure," He shot up into the air, circling a bit as he waited for Lucie to take position. Once she was ready he flew closer and held out his hands for the quaffle. This was bound to be fun!

The boy definitely seemed excited about practicing with her, and Lucie just scoffed a little as she flew over to the hoops, positioning herself in the centre. She then passed him the quaffle that was in her hands. "I bet you can't get it passed me though." she bantered with a smirk. He probably would think she was joking, but she definitely wasn't. After all, she hadn't let much go passed her yet and wasn't going to let this small Hufflepuff boy beat her.

Jordie smiled, pleased with the challenge, and caught the quaffle as she threw it to him. He did a small circuit, coming back soon enough and trying to make a goal. He laughed in delight as she caught it, and knew he would need to step up his game. He was definitely going to be better after this practice. "You're right, you're really good," he called to her. He was already having fun. He hoped she trusted him more at the end of this, so they cuold spend more time together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back