Something new

Melody Thomas

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Melody walked out of the fashion show. The brunette had just showed her line to New York City and all the designers willing to look at her work. She believed that they liked it, but she was a world known designer, why would they like her stuff. Of course that worried the little brunette, being liked was always needed to make her happy. Melody walked over around the streets seeing how New York was amazing, she could live here. The brunette sat down on a bench near some theater, texting everyone hoping they were awake.

Dervish walked along the dark street with a smile on his face. In the dark was when he felt happiest. It was easy to get away with a crime when no one could see you and crime was something Dervish loved to do.
Derv smirked slightly when he saw a pretty girl sat on a bench using a muggle device. He sat next to her with a flirty smile on his face as he unzipped his jacket. "Hey beautiful. What are you up to??" Derv never liked getting involved with girls who like muggle devices but it had been a while and he was getting desperate.

Melody nearly jumped up when she heard the guy's voice, she was a bit startled. The brunette turned to face the guy, " I'm just texting everyone to see if they want to hang out around here in the amazing New York." She stated. " What are you up to handsome?" Melody asked smiling.

Derv was glad to see she was playing along and he wasn't going to end up with another slap. "Just the normal. Walking around. Wondering what to do next. Just thinking really." He shrugged. "Hey, how about you stop texting your mates and hang out with me instead??" Derv may have been all around the world to live but he still had a strong English accent.

Melody nodded, " That's what my everyday life is about, other than designing." The brunette shook her head. " I'd like to hang out with you, you seem like a cool guy." Melody smiled. " I'm Melody Thomas." The brunette nodded, maybe he'd heard of her, she was world know. " You are?" She asked.

Dervish frowned slightly. He could have sworn he'd heard that name before. Ana and Stacy seemed to come to mind. This girl probably had something to do with the fashion world. "I think I've heard your name mentioned by my cousins a few times but I don't know why." He chuckled a bit. "I'm Dervish Green Jr." He grinned and held his hand out to her. "Nice to meet you."

Melody laughed, " That might be because I'm a fashion designer." She looked down at the ground. " Women's fashion, men's fashion, everything." The brunette smiled. Melody shook Dervish's hand. " Hello Dervish, pleasure to meet you." Melody smiled.

Derv nodded. "That'll be why. They're obsessed with fashion. If you get the two of them in a room they will be able to talk the leg off a donkey when they get going with fashion." Dervish missed Ana. He had been close with her before but now she was in azkaban and he couldn't see her again. Out of everyone in the family, she was the last person he had ever expected to end up in azkaban.

Melody laughed, " I know a few people like that, trust me." The brunette looked around the avenue. " What do you want to do?" She asked softly as she turned her head to face him.

Dervish laughed at the thought of having more Stacys and Anas. That would be a nightmare. "Anything." He thought for a second or two before saying "Do you want a drink?? Your choice and I'll pay."

Melody thought for a second, what would she do with a handsome man right now? Drinks sounds quite well. " Sure, let's have a few drinks and see where that takes us." She laughed as she stood up.

Dervish stood up and linked her arm as he started walking in the direction of the nearest pub. He didn't know the area great but he knew the pubs well. "So, where do you live??" Conversation wasn't Dervish's best subject but he gave it a go.

Melody found it quite interesting that Dervish would link arms with her, but she found it cute. " I'm originally from Australia, but I live in Ireland." The brunette nodded. " How about yourself? You sound like your from England." Melody laughed.

Melody nodded, she was happy that guessed correctly. " It's alright, I mean, it's beautiful, but I can't get used to it." The brunette sighed. " I'm learnt on the Australian ways, I can accustom their things." She shrugged her shoulders. " I like New Zealand, it's nice, you like it?" She asked looking over at him.

Dervish nodded. "Yeah. It's nice. I think I might move back to England at some point though. It's my home and no matter how much I love other countries they're not home." Derv opened the pub door and stood aside. "Ladies first."

Melody nodded, " That's what I was even thinking, moving back to Australia by myself and who want's to come comes and who doesn't doesn't come at all." She laughed. " Thank you," The brunette said as she walked in. Melody thought of what she would want to drink, " I really don't want to get really drunk." She stated, looking around. It was an interesting pub.

Dervish shrugged. "My family don't really care too much. My brother's in England and my mum's the only person who sends him letters. " He laughed slightly. "So coke then??" He walked over to the bar ready to order.

Melody nodded, " That's true, but my family is extremely close that it makes me feel claustrophobic." The brunette laughed. " Actually.. I'll have gin, what the heck." If she was going to get drunk, she was going to do it right.

Melody smiled as she looked at the drinks, tonight was going to be a night to remember. " I went to Durmstrang, how about yourself?" She asked.

Dervish drank some of his drink then replied. "I went to Hogwarts Scotland. Most of my family have. It's only my youngest brother and sister who are currently at Hogwarts New Zealand." Derv had a big family but he preferred to keep to himself and stay away from them.

Melody took a big gulp of her drink then answered. " I find it so interesting that so many schools teach the same sort of magic." She shrugged her shoulders. " So what do you do for a living?" She said smiling.

"I'm a writer." It wasn't the first time Dervish had used that as an excuse. It came simple to him now. Plus, the fact that he spent most of his life reading anyway. "Is fashion your only occupation??"

Melody nodded, " That's quite interesting." Melody loved someone who could write properly. She went to the bartender, " I'll have another please." She said before taking the drink that the bartender gave her. Melody walked back, she was starting to feel good. " Um, yeah I'm a fashion designer." Melody said, taking another gulp of her drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back