Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
April always loved the dances at Hogwarts. Seeing the great hall decorated made her very happy, and she loved seeing everyone happy and dancing. April loved dancing herself! Though she preferred moving around freely rather than the awkward slow dancing everyone here seemed to be doing. She spotted October with her date and rolled her eyes in disgust. She had warned her about Tristan Collins back at the party, but apparently she hadn't done a good enough job. But October was smart, April doubted she would fall for his charm. Hopefully Kauri wouldn't see them together and be hurt, though. April worried a bit about her best friend, though he seemed to be getting over the whole Tristan situation.

Moving to the music by herself, April looked around at everyone in their yule ball dresses and suits. She didn't understand why so many people were just doing mushy couple things rather than something fun like eating a lot of candy or opening the presents under the tree. It was boring to just sway close together to another person, and April just didn't really understand the appeal. She looked around hopefully for anyone familiar she could spend the evening with, someone else who was here without a date.

Perry wasn't very font of dancing, but that was mainly because he failed completely at doing things that contained a rhythm. Although Perry wasn't font of dances he like the yule ball. Dancing wasn't required and the food and drinks were nice. Perry didn't have a date this year like any other year so he just opted to go alone and stare at couples doing mushy things.

Perry entered the great hall and looked at all the festive decorations. It looked beautiful and Perry was excited to join all the people in the hall. He was even more excited when he spotted April. Perry walked to April and gave her a hug. ''I am so glad I found someone that isn't already married in here.'' Perry smiled. ''How did your exams go?'' Perry muttered excitingly.

April was moving to the music without a trace of embarrassment, just letting herself dance in the way she wanted to. She enjoyed the way the skirt moved around as she twirled. That was one upside of wearing dresses, something she rarely did. She looked up when she spotted someone approach her and grinned when she saw it was her friend Perry. She happily returned the hug, glad to be with someone else now. It was nice to dance on her own, but she was here to spend time with other people. "Hi!" She said, then laughed. "A lot of them do seem kind of glued together, don't they?" She asked, chancing another glance at October and Tristan. She would try not to get involved in her sister's evening, as she had no doubt October wouldn't enjoy April butting in, but if it looked like he was doing something he shouldn't she would have no reservations about pushing him away from October. Preferably out the door. But she was talking to Perry now, so she quickly turned her head back to him. She pulled a face when he asked about the exams. "Okay, I guess." She said with a shrug. "I hate exams, especially history. How are we supposed to remember all that stuff?" She shook her head slightly. "At least they're over now, and we get to dance!" She stepped back from him slightly and twirled so her skirt would fan out around her, then beamed at him. "Are you enjoying yourself? You look nice!" With some surprise, she noticed she meant it. He did look nice. "Can't play sports in that, though." She said jokingly.

Perry nodded when April said that a lot of people seemed to be glued together. ''Maybe we should superglue ourselves together to fit in with the rest'' Perry laughed genuinely. In his head it look funny, but it would be horrible if it really happened. It was nice to hear he wasn't the only one that hated History of Magic. ''No clue, I kind of winged that one'' Perry couldn't even remember the movie they had seen. ''Yeaaah, we made it through another semester'' When April did a twirl she looked really cute, something he had never given much thought about. He liked April because of her bubbly and honest personality, he didn't really care about looks. Getting a compliment from April made him blush, he rarely was dressed in something fancy and hearing a compliment about his look was nice to hear. ''Thanks and no unfortunately, they even banned bringing balls inside'' Perry joked, it wasn't like he always had a ball with him, but every time he saw April he was outside playing some funky sport. ''We could always wear roller skates and incorporate sports this way'' He had roller skated once, he wasn't very good at it.

April laughed at Perry's joke. "I think you would get annoyed with me very quickly." She said with a grin. "I can be very loud, so if we'd be glued together your ears would hurt a lot." She nodded sagely, as if that was the only reason for not doing it. "Might be a funny prank, as long as it's not actually superglue but something reversible." The wheels in her mind were turning, maybe that was a prank item idea to suggest to her aunt? Aunt Amy was a lot better than April at thinking of these things, but she still wanted to help out. April laughed at his comment, shaking her head. "Did you try to bring a football inside?" She asked, really, it wouldn't surprise her. "We could also dance. Dancing is a sport." She said, and if he argued with her she would have some stories from ballet class to share with him. "Want to dance with me?" She asked, her eyes alight with excitement at the prospect of getting to show off her moves. "Not the boring dancing they're all doing, but really moving to the music." She said, gesturing to a few older students that were just swaying in place with their hands on each other's waist. The thought of doing that with a boy, or anyone really, was embarrassing.

Perry would probably not get annoyed by April. He actually enjoyed her company, she was so bubbly and enthusiastic. ''You would just have to shout and scream away from my face'' Even superglue was probably resolvable with magic easily. Magic fixed a lot of problems. ''Maybe create a kind of glue that is extremely strong when people panic, but when they calm down it lets loose easily.'' People wouldn't know that of course so at the start they would be frantic.''Eh...No..Yes.Maybe'' Perry said with a smile, of course he hadn't but it was still a funny thought. When April said dancing was a sport she was right, but that didn't mean he was any good at it. ''Sure, but I can't promise I won't make a fool out of myself.'' Perry laughed he sucked at dancing or doing anything with a rhythm. ''I don't mind being a fool, but I don't know if you want to be seen with one'' Perry winked and started moving with the music.

April grinned at Perry. "If we ever end up in that situation I promise I'll try my best to spare your ears." She said with a smile. His idea for glue made her grin, and she nodded. "You should save that idea for my aunt's next event! She runs Gambol and Jape's and holds an event every year where people can submit their prank item ideas." She told him eagerly. If Perry won that next year it would be very fun in April's eyes. He seemed creative and fun, so maybe he would like the event. She was happy when he agreed to dance with her, though she scoffed at his statement about making a fool out of himself. "Everyone is doing that! Especially those who think they're not." She said with a grin, gesturing to a nearby older couple slow dancing together all seriously. To her, they looked silliest of all. "Besides, next to me everyone would look foolish." She said with a twirl. She was joking, but she knew she could dance. April started to move with Perry, grinning at him as they danced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back