Something about.. Quidditch

Espen Manning

OOC First Name
Cian
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual, tbd.
Wand
knotted 9½ inch yew wooden wand, doxy wing core and unyielding
Espen was not too fond when Evelyn revealed she had written down his name as well, to go around and deliver roses during the Valentine period. He hated that holiday, it was nothing but commercial garbage for companies to strip people off their money. With a sigh, he got out of the castle; the message that was attched to the flower said something about quidditch, so Espen presumed the guy or girl he was delivering the rose to would be somewhere around the Quidditch pitch.

Once he arrived, the tall blond Slytherin wandered around for a bit; waving around the yellow rose and asking around for this Riley-person. "Does anyone know him..her.. ehh-" The name was pretty unisex, so who knows whom it would be.

Ever since his talk with Fleur, the teen had been practising his Quidditch skills whenever the pitch was available to do so. He was making his way down to retrieve the Quaffle when he heard some guy asking about him. Frowning, he landed on the ground. ''I know him,'' he said, waving at the guy so he knew that Riley was the one responding. ''I'm him.'' Another one? Why in Merlin's name were people sending him roses for?

Luckily there came a rather quick response from one of the students who was flying around on his broomstick, exclaiming that he knew the person for whom the rose was meant for. As the guy got closer to Espen, he announced himself as the he who was sent a rose to. "Well, prince charming. You're in luck; one of your friends send you this rose.. with a tiny little message on it." He noticed the name from who it was from, recognizing it as his housemate and Evelyn's best friend. "You want me to read it, since I've seen some of these delivery guys do it.. or want to read it yourself ??</FONT></COLOR><COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Georgia">" Waiting for the guy to choose either option, preferring the latter since it would be rather embarrassing to read someone's message for them. What was he, a howler ?? Nevertheless, it would be inevitably awkward.<i></i>

''Why would I want you to read it?'' Riley asked. ''God no, just hand it over and I'll read it myself.'' He wondered who it'd be from this time. Of course, he was hoping that it was from someone in particular but he didn't think she would send him any roses.

Espen shrugged his shoulders at the question, he did not know how this was supposed to go and perhaps it was something he might have read in one of his history books. "In the early days, a lot of cultures expected the messager to read what was send, especially in courts.. where kings- nevermind." He did not want to come across as some bookworm, despite it being the truth.. but it was a little awkward to suddenly start coughing up a bunch of facts to support his presumption of himself having to read what was written on the little card that was attached to the rose. "Enjoy." Offering the rose to the guy as he waited for him to take it. "That's my job done, isn't it ??"

Message Attached said:
Dear Riley Wespurt,
I hope your semester is going well, we need to get together soon and discuss the happenings of Pro Quidditch soon,
I've been missing my updates! Let me know!
Love,
Fleur Worth

He took the rose from the boy when he offered it to him and nodded his head at his question, ''I think so, yes.'' He looked at the rose for a moment before opening the note attached to it and reading it in his mind. Riley grinned. Of course he was going to let her know the latest Quidditch happenings, he just needed to find the time to meet up with her whilst also making sure that all of his homework would be done.

One of the coupple of roses he had yet to do was done and with a simple nod, leaving the guy to be with whatever message had been written down on the little leaflet attached to the rose; trying to find his way out of the quidditch pitch without being ambushed by a bunch of practicing students; reminiscing on how on earth he'd ever considered it to be a fun sports to do himself, he'd stick to using his legs to run around the Hogwarts' grounds instead of flying around trying to go after a ball or chasing after some golden ball that was called the snitch. Espen would have been too clumsy or too tall, big for that particular position anyway.
fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back