Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Hetero (Mostly)
Wand
10 inch sturdy, curved Holly with Unicorn hair core
Annika wasn't avoiding being at her flat. Not at all. The fact that some poor fool wouldn't take no for an answer and had been badgering her constantly had absolutely no affect on the fact that she was spending more time at Shane's flat that week rather than her own. She supposed she was lucky the man had the time to spare for her. She had settled in on his couch, a cup of tea in front of her as she sketched out a few ideas for the current wedding she was working on. Aside from the fool that was bothering her, her life had really been going quite well. She had a chance to rebuild her relationship with her brother, her sister was finally seeing someone that wasn't after the family money, and Annika had a thriving business that she was not only very good at, but she loved dearly. The number of people she had been bringing home had decreased slightly, and only in part to the stubborn man that was so insistent that they 'belonged together'.

Annika wouldn't acknowledge it, but it was largely in part to do with the man she was with currently. She held no delusions, she and Shane were certainly not a couple, nor were they involved in anything more than a casual manner. On the rare occasion she allowed herself to think much on it, the answer was much simpler. Shane was a very attractive man. He was convenient, close, and really very good in bed. Why should she go out when such an appealing man was so close to her door? It helped that she knew Shane held no delusions of their arrangement, either. She supposed by now, with their prolonged exposure, that they might be considered friends. Friends with rather enjoyable benefits, at that.

She hummed softly as she sat there, worrying a bit over the predicament she found herself in. It wasn't as if she could even ask anyone for help, really. Annika had grown very independent. She thought that perhaps with just a bit of time the situation might just resolve itself. He had to go away eventually, didn't he? Decided, she relaxed ever so slightly and reached for her tea, taking a small sip before setting it back on the table.

Shane had been surprised by how easily he'd found a rhythm with Annika, they were probably as close to a friend as Shane had come. It was casual between them, but he knew he couldn't now think of a time when she wasn't in his life, though he objectively knew she hadn't been. They fit together in a way that Shane was sure were circumstances different they might've dated, but he was content to not. After all there were so many other people he was keen to date, so many people he wanted to spend time evenings and night's with. But it didn't escape his notice in the last week as he'd come and gone from classes that she was just about more. In fact as he worked on his latest project she was sat at his table drinking his tea. They'd been working in amicable silence for a while. "Are you going to be sticking about for dinner?" he asked her barely looking up from his work.

Annika looked up slowly, humming a bit to acknowledge that she'd heard Shane. Was she sticking around for dinner? Was she? She looked out the window by the door, and she could see through the lowered blinds the occasional shadow of the man pacing in front of her apartment. Still? She thought to herself, aggravated. "Yes, probably," she replied casually, turning back to her sketches. "What are we having?" She asked.

Shane tried to follow where Annika was looking but couldn't quite spot what she was seeing. But he just shrugged. "I dunno, let me see what I have," he got up from his position and went to the pantry, looking at the different items he had and what there was enough to make a simple pasta dish of some kind. "Pasta sound good?" he called out to her as he then brought the items out. "So you know, not that I don't like having you around...but ehhh, what's wrong with your apartment?" He asked trying to keep the tone casual as he began casting casual magic to get the kitchen to come to life so he could prepare the food.

Annika continued working on her sketches, nodding at first to agree with him before remembering he couldn't see her. "Pasta is fine," she agreed out loud, glancing up as he asked about her apartment. She hesitated a moment. Did she really want to tell him? No, probably not. He wouldn't care for her problems. After all, it was her issue to deal with. "Oh, nothing," she replied easily. "I'm just bored and decided you needed company." She offered. It was typical enough of their relationship that she didn't think he would question it.

Shane was beginning to move around the kitchen, moving around the magic. He looked at Annika with a quizzical gaze as she replied. he could almost tell that there was more to it. But he didn't whether he should push it. They didn't tend to push these things. But she'd been hanging out a lot, more than normal. "Just that?" he asked lightly, not quite looking at her as he said it. If she dismissed it again he'd probably let it go, but they had grown closer it might be worthwhile to push a little.

Annika was ready to dismiss the question again, not wanting to bother Shane with her problems. There was a loud banging that interrupted her. It was coming from her flat- he had obviously decided she must be inside and was trying to make her emerge. Annika picked up her drink and sipped it, ignoring the faint demands for her to talk. "Mm," she offered half-heartedly, shifting to peek out the window. If he broke down her door, she might kill him. She considered the possibility as she moved to sit back down, settling in with her sketchbook again. Figuring it was a bit obvious now there was more going on, Annika tried to act nonchalant about it. "Oh, sure. Your place is just more peaceful than mine right now," she offered casually, leaving plenty of room for the subject to be dropped.

Shane watched as she glanced again and he tried to find whatever she was seeing out the window. In silence he could hear the faint shouting of whoever was there. He gave a little hum of acknowledgement but not agreement. It was pretty clear to him that Annika was unwilling to talk to him about it. That whatever it was she didn't want to admit it. But he got the impression this was something more than just a jilted lover looking for seconds. "If they're muggle try a muggle repellent charm, should work pretty well to help them forget," he wasn't even looking at Annika as he spoke, busying himself on the things he was doing to make the pasta. "I can also...like beat them up," Shane added. Again not once glancing at Annika as he spoke.

Annika hesitated as Shane spoke, looking over to him. She was quiet a moment, before slowly shifting and walking over to him. She didn't look at him, busying herself with the appearance of helping him make pasta, though she had no clue what she was doing. She let her hair fall to cover her face. "I.... didn't think you would... care," she spoke slowly, hesitantly. "It's... some guy, a weekend... about two months ago..." She explained slowly, not looking at Shane and unsure if she was overstepping. This was... certainly new territory. She really hadn't thought Shane would have been bothered with her current predicament.

Shane didn't look round at her, so was a little surprised when she appeared next to him to help make the pasta. He didn't look at her as she spoke but he listened. "Has he been bothering you for two months, or just recently?" Shane asked, he didn't have much emotion in his voice, like hwas treating it as a very clincial question. "We are...friends....friends help each other," any emotion that had been devoid in his first sentence rushed back in an overwhelming unsure tone on his words. He wasn't sure if they were friends, he'd never really had friends before, not...not like normal ones and really they'd been spending together with each in ways that friends did and was that friends didn't. Their lines were unclear.

Annika wasn't sure what to make of this new development. "It... hasn't been the entire two months," She tried to copy his tone. "He waited a week before he started... that," She waved absentmindedly towards her apartment. She hesitated at his words then, slowly turning to look up at him. Friends? She was lost for words for a moment, shifting on her feet. She turned a bit more towards him, carefully reaching up and placing her hand very lightly on his arm. "I... friends is.... nice..." She stammered a bit. This was new territory for them. She could handle friends, couldn't she? She knew that they were spending a good amount of time together, and not all of it was in the bedroom. "I, er... thank you, Shane," She added very softly, hesitantly pulling her hand back. She was unsure how much he would appreciate a platonic touch like that.

Shane could now from what she said or attribute the shift in her recen behaviour to it. He did wonder why she hadn't come to him sooner about it but he also knew that it hadn't really been something she might know. He wasn't sure what he would've done had he known earlier. Perhaps the same as now, perhaps not at all. "Do you want me to go take care of him....," he offered, his sentence trailing off as he said it. He gave a little smile and looked as she touched his hand. And gave a little nonchalant smile, he didn't move his hand away but was trying to just be calm about it. Their relationship was maybe shift, but he didn't mind it.

Annika hesitated as he spoke again. She moved her hand back over his, actually... savoring that little piece of contact. She considered his words, thinking it over before letting out a quiet sigh. She pushed up on her toes. "Alright," She agreed gently, turning to take over making dinner. "Just... Be careful, Shane." She added quietly, actually turning to look up at him as she said it. She wasn't sure what they were doing, but it felt... alright. Less dangerous. Agreeing they were friends, that they could rely on each other, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Shane gave her a little smirk, "Oh, I'm always careful," Shane replied. he put down what he was doing and then washed his hands. He made sure his wand was in his pocket and then went to deal with the guy. Shane had been in many fights in his life, he could easily hold his own against others, and he made sure to drag the guy out the building and lay his threats on extra thick. He wanted to wipe his memory but decided that he'd probably get into trouble if he did that. So he stuck to the violence and made sure the man knew exactly what he'd do if he say him hanging around her again. When he was sure the man had walked away he turned and headed back in. He had a little blood on his collar, and his hands were bruised from hitting the guy but he'd come away largely unscathed. "Let me know if he comes back,"

Annika bit her lip as Shane washed his hands. She continued making food, working on a dish that she honestly really didn't know very well. She just wanted to keep her hands busy. She looked up quickly when she heard Shane coming back in. Her breath caught and she hurried over. "Shane," she breathed, catching his hands and looking him over, murmuring rapidly in quiet Russian. Aside from the blood on his collar, she saw the bruising on his hands. She summoned one of her creams, applying it gently to his bruises.

Annika looked up as he spoke. Her breath caught again as he spoke. Unsure of what to say, Annika pushed up and pressed her lips gently against his. The kiss was tender, sweet, not at all what they usually did. She pulled back quickly, surprised by herself and startled by it. She looked away, blushing. "Alright... I will. Thank you, Shawn," She spoke, her voice unusually shy.

Shane was a little surprised that Annika seemed to care so much as she caught his hands and began gently taking care of his bruises. Bruises mostly cause bu him hitting the guy. He didn't think it really deserved such care and it didn't matter in his mind that he had done something for her that might've merited this, but he just remained very still and let her do what she needed to. Shane had spoken to break the silence, and was immediately taken aback when she kissed him.

They didn't often do that unless something was bound to follow, and he didn't think it was going to follow at all. he didn't pull away just let her kiss him and then break kiss too. "Okay," he said. He just got up and went to the kitchen and went back to what he'd been making before. No need to address ti or say anything about it. The kiss had happened and now it was over. He still wanted to eat and have dinner so that came first.

Relieved that Shane didn't read anything into it, she smiled shyly and moved back to the couch, sitting down to resume her sketching. Dinner that night was good, and things quickly seemed to return to normal after that. She didn't see that man again. She was relieved that Shane had seemed to scare him off. A few weeks went by, and nothing seemed to have change, so she slowly relaxed back into her usual routine.

Annika was sitting in front of her vanity mirror, brushing her hair, when she heard a commotion outside. Curious, she walked outside to investigate. She blinked as she saw Shane sitting by his front door, looking horrible. Her brow furrowed and she walked over, kneeling down in front of him. "Shane, dorogoy, you look awful. Are you alright?" She asked him.

Shane could admit he didn't really remember the last time he'd got some illness but he was feeling pretty garbage, had been for a few days, he still had university work to do and so hadn't exactly had the time to stop, but he was feeling it. His whole body was sore, he couldn't breath without wheezing and he couldn't figure out if his body was hot or cold. The man had managed to make it home, when his head had started hurting and his fingers shook too much to be able to open the door. He wasn't sure how long he was there for until Annika was kneeling in front of him. "Just a cold," he said, coughing harshly after, he took his keys and handed them to her, "I can't open..the door," he said hoping she would and then he could just get inside and go to bed.

-godmod approved-

Annika's brow furrowed. She accepted his keys, but didn't move. She reached out, brushing his hair back and pressing the back of her hand to his forehead. Her frown deepened. "Shane, you're burning up." She brushed her hand over his cheek before standing. "I might not be the best at taking care of people, but I can help. Come on." She unlocked his door and turned back to help him up. "Lets get you into bed, yeah? I'll make a phone call and then we can get you some help, okay?" She asked, though at this point he really had no choice.

Annika spent a few minutes on the phone with her cousin, getting instructions on how to actually help Shane and what might be wrong. She popped out for a bit, first to the store and then to a nearby restaurant for some soup. She came back as quickly as she could manage and walked back to the bedroom. "Alright, sit up, Shane," She ordered, walking over. She brushed his hair back again and placed the cool compress to his head before digging into her bags. "I have a few potions you need to take, and then I brought some soup I can feed you," She told him, lining everything up on the dresser before turning back to him.

Shane shook his head, sluggishly trying to move away from her hand but failing miserable. He shook his head, "I'm fine," he assured her, he didn't need any help, he just needed to get inside and sleep. He did allow her to help him up, since for some reason it felt like his legs were going to just collapse under him in an instant. He walked to his bed with Annika's help. Once on the bed, Annika was speaking but his brain was too tired to catch up. he just pulled off his shoes, pulling off his jeans, his coat, all the outer layers off down to his shirt and then got into bed. He leaned against the pillows and immediately went to sleep. He just needed this that was all.

Shane was awoken when Annika seemed to have reappeared. He felt than he had in the moment before. He leaned lightly into her touch, before slowly getting himself to sit up. "I'm fine Annika, I just need to sleep it off," he told her again. "It's what I always did," he assured her sleepily and he broke into another short coughing fit. Shane could admit the smell of the soup seemed pretty nice and he never ate that well when he was sick.

Annika ignored him completely, getting the potions into him before settling in with the soup. "I didn't ask, Shane," she tried to feed him a bite. "We are friends, yes?" She smiled. "You beat up that guy for me. I can time a bit of time to make sure you're okay." She winked playfully, though she doubted he saw. "Now stop complaining and eat your soup." She held out the spoon pointedly.

Shane tried to roll his eyes at her but it hurt his head so he didn't really bother. He pulled himself up a little and nodded. "I do one nice thing," the man said jokingly but he was keen to get the soup, his stomach felt rough but he hadn't eaten in a moment. He took the soup and very slowly began eating. "You really don't need to stay, I can look after myself," there was a tone what he said, a weariness, as if he'd always had to take care of himself. Shane was a guarded person, he'd known Annika a while and he was sure he'd ever mentioned even when drunk anything about his parents. But Shane didn't remember a time when he didn't look after himself. His aunt and uncle had a little but he'd often pushed them away the older he got. He had never been good at letting people take care of him.

Annika raised a brow, shaking her head. She blatantly took the soup back, giving him a stern look. "I was not asking, Shane," she scolded him. "Now shut up, do as I say, and eat your soup," She ordered, not letting him argue more as she fed him his food. Once he'd finished, she tucked him back into bed and let him rest a bit, coming in every so often to change the cool towel on his forehead, feed him again, or put some more potions into him. She even helped him with a bath to clean up.

She ended up staying at his house for a few days, looking after him and making sure he was alright. She slept on the couch mostly. After a particularly rough night, she'd been up late with Shane, cleaning him up and trying to help him feel better, and eventually she'd gotten him back to sleep, before wondering out and collapsing onto his couch. She didn't even have time to grab a pillow or blanket, falling asleep almost as soon as her body relaxed against the couch.

Days passed without too much focus, Shane knew that Annika was about, she was the constant, but he was otherwise pretty out of it. He let her feed him and he didn't argue with her. The man eventually woke up feeling like himself and almost completely refreshed. Shane sat up slowly, and was able to spot that Annika was asleep on the couch. He could remember bits and pieces and he remembered some of his dreams. He frowned slightly, he knew that when he had a fever he tended to have odd dreams about his parents and wasn't sure if he should ask her if he'd had any. He got up and out of bed, walking on weak legs. He summon a blanket and had it cover Annika while she slept and went to shower, get the grime of the last few days off him. Then he'd get some coffee and food.

Annika wasn't sure how long she slept, but when she woke up she found the blanket. She yawned and got up. She padded barefoot back into the bedroom, and upon hearing the shower, walked to the door. "Shane?" She asked, yawning and brushing her hair back. "How are you feeling?" She asked. She was still a bit worried about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back