Someone to lean on

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden was locked away in her room. Her pet snakes where in the room as well. Judas had vanished for a while but had returned to lay on the bed beside her. Just a few short hours ago. Eden had the world. James was moments away from telling her that he was in love with her. Eden had been moments from giving her daughter a childhood that Eden never got to have. But that Daisie had come in and ruined it all. True Daisie had been the girlfriend and Eden had been the other women but it still wasn't far. Screaming in rage Eden threw a pillow across the room. If she hadn't been worried about her child Eden would have attacked James.

Judas left the room again not that Eden noticed. She was so lost in her sorrow that the whole house could have come down around her and she would not have even blinked. The snake made its way to a maid and slithered onto the counter top. The mechanical snake looked at the women. "Send another owl to Elvera. Tell her that she is needed now at her sisters house. If she is not here within the hour send another owl and keep sending them until she shows up."[/b] The snake told the women. Slithering back up to Eden's room. Judas took his place next to his master. Normally she was so calm and levelheaded but right now she was upset and needed someone to look after her.

Elvera was In a class when she heard a tapping on her classroom window. she had just set her sixth years on a bit of work quizzing each other on sun signs. before she went to open the window and let the owl in. she read the letter and wrote a quick reply on the back of one of the spare star charts that was lying on her desk
the note said:
Eden, I will be there as soon as i can I just have to finish with my double with the sixth years"
she attached the not to the owls leg and then continued teaching her class giving them less time on he activities than she would usually do as she wanted to see what was wrong with her sister. by the time she dismissed her class an hour later two more owls had delivered letters. she knew that something really major must have gone on. when the last student had left she walked over to the fire and took a handful of powder from the jar on the shelf above. she hated traveling by floo but it would be the quickest way to get to edens house as she couldn't apparate inside the castle and it was a long ay from her tower classroom to the castle gates. throwing it into the flames she stepped inside and said her sisters name.
After a dizzying minute flying between chimneys she ended up in the fireplace of her sisters home, almost giving the poor maid a heart attack who was putting some more wood on it. "Sorry to scare you, where is she?"[/b she said knowing that the maid would know who she was asking for. the maid pointed through a door and up some stairs. "thanks" she said running towards her sisters room.
not even bothering to knock she opened the door and went inside. her sister was lying on her bed both crying and raging at the same time. "Eden, whatever's wrong?" she said sitting down next to her win and putting her arm around he shoulder.

Eden heard someone enter the room. Getting ready to scream at them to leave her alone she heard the voice of the only person who in that moment would be safe from Eden's wrath. Feeling the warmness of her sister. Eden took a deep breath of what she had started to consider home. Wrapping her arms around her sister. Eden started to cry harder. The child inside of her kicked harder for the past six months the little girl had never known her mother to be anything over than happy and bubbly. Now she could sense that something was wrong and it was stressing both mother and child out.

Unable to stop crying Eden let it all out in one swift sentence. "James has a girlfriend. Daisie A'Dare. She's pregnant having a boy. He was cheating on us both." Eden said continuing to cry. No longer able to be angry. She had been betrayed in the worst way. "I told him that I was in love with him." Eden said between sobs. To Eden in that moment it felt like her life was over. "What am I going to do? I don't know how I am going to raise my daughter. I can't do it without James." Eden all but screamed.

Elvera held her sister as she cried. trying to comfort the girl who was beside herself distraught. she could feel the baby kicking and knew that the girl was able to sense that there was something wrong.
when Eden was able to speak she listened as she said what had happened. until now she had thought that they were getting along well, and becoming more serious. she hadn't suspected anything to be wrong with them. the name struck her as a little familiar but she couldn't think of where she had heard it before. "oh my goodness, thats terrible." she said feeling a few tears start to form in her eyes. she wanted to tell her sister that it would get better but she wasn't sure that it would and hollow words would annoy the girl more than nothing. so unsure on what to say she just stayed there someone who her twin could always count on. "you know i have always admired your ability to love. I am sure that you will find someone who will one day be worthy of it." she said truthfully. when her twin had loved many people Elvera had never been in love with anyone. As for what you are going to do, you will have this baby and raise her. you don't need james around to do that. you have Me, Morgan and Lilith, as well as all of the Koshiba to help you when you need it. this baby will have the best childhood" she said thinking back to her family, it was all but full with single mothers.

Eden shook her head. "No it's the worst thing in the world. How could I have been so careless?" Eden had always prided herself in being so smart and safe but yet she had thrown all caution to the wind with James. She was even starting to doubt herself as a Seer. How could she have missed this? No she shook her head harder this wasn't her fault. James was to blame for this everything was his fault. Eden would make him pay for the hurt he was causing her. "Elvera I was stupid for continuing to look for love after Chase was put into Azkaban. I should have stopped than." Eden let her minds drift back to him and what it was like to be so truly in love and have the love returned. Would she ever find a love like that again? No she never would because her heart belonged to Chase and she kept trying to give it to someone else when they weren't the right person. Listening as Elvera assured that her that she wouldn't be alone when her daughter was born. Eden smiled a little bit. "Are you sure? I mean you and mom are so busy with the shop. Haruhi is having twins and I don't want to bug Lilith she has Quidditch and a boyfriend that she is hiding from us." Eden said doubt once again starting to enter her voice. No her family would be there for her that's what family was for. Eden let herself cry on her sisters shoulder all her feelings of hopelessness overcome her.

Elvera reached for a box of tissues that were sitting on the bed side cabinet. she gently wiped Edens eyes with them. "It is not the end of the world, horrible, shocking, and distressing yes, but at least you are still here, you're healthy, and able to fight another day, and the baby is well" she said there were some times when her and her twin were very similar, and there were others when they were near opposites. this usually worked for the best as the things Elvera didn't have eden did, and the things eden didn't have she did. she just hoped that she would be able to help her twin.
"It was not stupid, it shows that you are strong. and able to see past an obstacle and not let it bring you down and if it also it shows that you are able to get right back onto your feet again.' she said. that was one of the things that eden could do that she couldn't. one of the not so good qualities that Elvera had inherited from morgan. "I am certain. the shop is no where near as busy as we would like it to be so Morgan will be able to help look after her. I only have tow classes one this semester and one next so I have plenty of time i can help out. I am sure that Lilith will want to help too but i wont make any promises for her. and Haruhi seems to have done a pretty good job in raising twins before and i am sure she has had enough practice to be able to help, even if she only has time to give advice it will certainly be useful." she said. she knew about Liliths boyfriend she had had a vision of him a while ago. but if Lilith hadn't told eden she wouldn't either as she didn't know much about him, she had just seen them together, and it was Liliths business and her decision to tell or not.

Eden slowly stopped crying as her sister wiped away her tears. "Your right Elvera at least the baby and I are alright." Eden sat up the rest of the way and placed her hands on her stomach. As she started to calm down so did the child. Eden was glad that she had Elvera to help her through this. Thinking about everything Elvera said Eden couldn't help but think that maybe she was right. "I didn't use to be like this. After Alexia died I had to worry about Lilith and what was going to happen to us. So I had to grow up." Eden said as she took a tissue and wiped at her own eyes. Eden looked at her sister in surprise. "Two classes? Elvera, did you become a Professor?" Eden asked her voice holding as much surprise as her face. Why hadn't she heard about this? Had she really been such a bad sister worrying about James and when the next time she was going to see him. She had totally forgotten about her family. "I think I might be leaving her with Morgan a lot. Once I give birth I want to get back to work and just try to get over James." Eden said her voice getting clearer and clearer by the moment. She knew that later on that night she would breakdown again and most likely many priceless things would end up broken but for now she was able to forget all about James and the hurt he had caused her.

Elvera was glad that her sister started to calm down. she smiled slightly as she helped Eden up. "everyone changes, it will be boring if we were all the same now as we were aged eleven, or even if we were the same as this time last year, I am just sorry we weren't there for you then" she said feeling a little guilty that she was the twin that he been kept, and therefore grew up with her grandmother wheres eden had grown up with another lady, and had to go through a lot alone when she needed a family.
When eden repeated what she said about her classes she tried to remember telling her. however it was such a rush since she had received the letter informing her she had gained the job she must have forgotten. she blushed slightly "yes, I teach fifth and sixth years divination" she said. looking down at the bed she was sitting on. "I am sure that morgan would love looking after her, she would probably offer to do anything for her. and if you feel like working it will probably be a good idea. a great way to take your mind off matters" she said she was never sure what eden did for a job though, she just knew that it involved a lot of traveling.

"I agree change is good just sometimes I just wish somethings wouldn't change as much." Eden wished she had known that Elvera was her sister sooner in life but just being able to finally find her family was good enough for her. "It's fine sis I'm glad we finally found one another. Now I don't feel so lonely. I know that I have you and you have me." Listening to Elvera talk about her new job Eden couldn't help but feel proud for her sister. "I'm glad that your back at the castle. I would love to go back and teach but I know I would miss traveling like I did before the baby." Eden missed traveling around making contracts for the family and just being able to do whatever she wanted. "I'm really thankful for that. Being a mom is scary for me. I don't think that I'm going to very good at it." Eden said truthfully. "I really hope that she isn't a seer. I remember when I first started having visions it was really stressful. I don't want her to feel like an outcast." Eden love her daughter no matter what but she couldn't help but want to protect her.

Elvera nodded. She hadn't found any of the changes in her life to be too large or negative but she knew that Eden was right, even some of the positive changes she had faced were scary. moving to new zealand, graduating school, returning to the school, she had been worried that both the professors would still see her as a student, thankfully she hadn't noticed that as of yet. "Your right, sometimes change could be too much, and too fast and scary. but most of them are for a reason" she said "I am just glad that we have found out the truth, but it took enough time after seven years" she said. she was a little surprised when Eden said that she would like to go back and teach. "I cant see you as a professor, you seem too... um... big. as in you should be doing far bigger and better things than teaching sixth years how to interpret star charts or whatever subject you decide to teach." the job was perfect for elvera though, it meant that she was able to help Morgan and get some extra galleons in, and it gave her her own space and role in doing she was passionate about. "I reckon that you will be a great mother. you looked after Lilith wen you needed to, and you love the little girl already. you Just need faith in yourself." she said. giving her sister another hug, she needed it. Elvera was never one to talk people down, much preferring to talk people up, she found that it helped the people a lot more, but she would never purposefully lie for the sakes of boosting someones ego. "I'm afraid that seeing runs in the family, but she will have a lot of people around her who know what it is like. she may not even find it too stressful, I didn't, I guess i had always known that i was one, and i knew what it meant thanks to you and morgan." she said. hopeing for Edens sake that the baby was one of the exeptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back