Someone different

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Riley Sparkles was sprawled out on the lawn. She had been having a hectic week, and was keen to get some sun. Fixing her hat, so that it slightly covered her eyes, Riley took a deep breath in, and exhaled loudly, relieving herself of the stress. Riley was still getting used to Hogwarts. She was really loving it, but it was very difficult at the same time. She rarely ever found herself early, or ready for anything, therefore always being in a rush. Having some peace and stillness was bliss to Riley.
Riley started to quietly hum the tune to her favourite song, 'Turn around, Bright Eyes'. However, before long, she was belting the song out, at the top of her lungs, getting into it. Riley could never contain herself when it came to singing. It was a huge passion of hers, and would sing in every chance she got. She sat up, singing louder, looking around the lawn.

Jerrod led on the grass in the cool spring sun. He was glad to get out of the castle and relax for once. He sighed as he took of his jacket and put it behind his head as a pillow. His mind wandered to thoughts of his family. It was collapsing at the seams and making his life impossible.
Jeerrod sat up when he heard someone singing as loud as they could. He groaned as he stood up and started turning around. "What the hell are you..." His voice trailed off when he saw the person singing. She was beautiful and he couldn't stop his eyes from staring at her. "Oh...umm..." He was speechless and now he felt like an idiot so he picked up his jacket and turned, ready to walk off.

When Riley heard someone talking, she quietened down quickly. She looked around and saw a blonde boy staring at her. Biting her lip, she raised an eyebrow in confusion as she stood up to apologize. When the boy turned to walk away, Riley walked swiftly towards him. "Hey, where are you going?" She called out. "Sorry if I was disturbing your peace. I'll be quiet if you want." Riley smiled. "I'm Riley by the way." She stuck out her hand for him to shake.

Jerrod turned back around when he heard the girl's footsteps coming after him. He shook her hand and forced a smile onto his face. "Umm...I'm Jerrod." His eyes were locked on hers as he spoke. He had never felt like this before and he didn't like it. It proved to him that he was unable to control his feelings. That was something his dad would never of been happy about. Dervish was a death eater and Jerrod wanted to follow in his footsteps so he had to get his emotions under control and fast.

Riley smiled when he introduced himself. Riley hadn't met many students that were in her year, she only really knew first years, so she was excited to meet someone her age. Riley shuffled her feet awkwardly in the silence. "So, Jerrod. Where are you from? I'm from Manchester in the United Kingdom. My dad got a pretty good job opportunity her in New Zealand though, so he decided to move the family here. He's a healer. What does your dad do?" She stopped talking abruptly. Riley usually found herself talking a lot; it was something she was working on to stop doing. She flicked her glittery hair out of her face.

Jerrod shrugged. "Well, both my parents were originally from London but I was born in Sydney and then moved here, to New Zealand." Jerrod didn't know whether he would be considered English or Australian. His heart sank when she mentioned his dad. Jerrod always found it hard talking about Dervish. The man who the family admired so much had taken a turn to the worst just before he died and it had broken every body's hearts when he died like that. "My dad's dead. He was unemployed when he was alive." Except for being a death eater he added to himself.

Riley listened intently to Jerrod. She smiled when he said that he was born in Sydney. She had always wanted to visit Australia; she had heard heaps about the beaches there, and was pretty keen to go there. "Oh wow that's so cool. What made you move to New Zealand?" She asked. Riley's hand flew to her mouth in shock when Jerrod said that his dad was dead. "Oh Jerrod, I'm really sorry, how inconsiderate of me! Geez, what a great way to start a conversation huh? But, er, we can talk about something else? Er, so, do you have any pets?" Riley asked weakly. She cursed herself for asking about his dad, hoping that he wasn't annoyed; and then for asking such a lame question. Usually Riley was good at meeting people, but for some reason, she was rather nervous and awkward. She could feel butterflies batting their wings a million times in her stomach, but she wasn't quite sure why.

Jerrod sighed. "I don't know. My parents have always moved around a lot. They've lived in six or seven different countries I think. They just decided that New Zealand looked like a good place to live." Jerrod liked New Zealand but he preffered London. He had been there a few times with Junior and he'd had a great time. "It's fine...really. I miss him and all but it's not like he can come back." He shrugged. "I have a snake here, an owl and two cats." Jerrod had bought the snake himself and he loved threatening people with it. The cats were his mum's and the owl was for the whole family to use.

Riley nodded her head in understanding when Jerrod talked about why they moved to New Zealand. "Have you ever been to another country? Other than Sydney?" Riley asked him. Riley hung her head when he said that he missed him. She had never lost anyone before, never mind a family member. She cringed at the thought of never seeing them again. She reached out an arm to comfort Jerrod, but hesitated and pulled it back, remembering that not everyone likes to be touched. She was definitely comforted by a hug, but she had learnt the hard way throughout her life, that not everyone was comforted this way. Her eyes widened in surprise and delight when she heard that Jerrod had a snake. "A snake? Wow that is so cool! I've never actually been close to a snake before. Doesn't it freak you out? What kind of snake is it? I only have a kitten. Although she is cute. But a snake! Awesome!" Riley exclaimed.

Jerrod nodded. "Yeah. loads of places. I've been to London, Paris, Rome, Cardiff..." He shrugged slightly. "My family loves travelling so if someone wants to go somewhere that I want to go then I just ask and they take me along for the trip." Jerrod also loved travelling but then it was a chance to get away from life. Jerrod could see that Riley was trying to avoid the fact that his dad was dead. He could see that she cared about him but he just found this odd. She had only met him a few minutes before. "It's a python. I called it Pluto. My sister thinks that's a stupid name for a snake but I don't care what she thinks. It was one of the first names I thought of." Jerrod didn't care what the snake was called as long as it was there for him to use.

"Oh wow, I am so jealous!" Riley responded. "I haven't travelled much at all. My parents are more of the 'home is where the heart is' type. They love being at home, we rarely go on holidays or anything. But I'm still young. I have plenty of time left to travel." She grinned. Riley was looking forward to travelling around the world. She really wanted to go around the world with her best friend, Nevaeh, but she knew that it would be years before her parents allowed them to. "Wow, a python! Those are huge!" Riley laughed at the name. "Pluto's a freakin' awesome name! Especially for a snake! My cat's name is Cleopatra. I can't quite remember why I called her that, but I love it." She grinned.

Jerrod smiled. "I like travelling but there are times when I just wish my mum would keep her feet on the ground. I lived in Sydney for ten years and we moved to eight different houses in that time." Jerrod guessed that living in their house for two years was most definitely a record for the family. "Yeah, he is big. He's still quite young though so he hasn't grown to his full size." Jerrod had always been a huge fan of snakes and had been nagging his parents for ages to get him one. Eventually, they got it as a congratulations gift for getting into Slytherin. Everyone knew he was going to get in though. Jerrod laughed at Riley. It wasn't normal for him to laugh at someone who wasn't family but he couldn't stop himself. "Cleopatra's quite a cool name as well. Our cats are Fudge and Draco. I don't know where we got the name's from."

Riley raised her eyebrows. "Wow, eight different houses? That's intense. I lived in the same house my whole life until we moved here. Maybe your mom and my mom should meet, and encourage each other to do what they are doing. Then I'd get to go on holidays." Riley grinned.
"Well, I'd like to meet Pluto sometime. Like I said, I've never actually been close to a snake before." Riley said. She would be totally nervous meeting the snake, but it would be something new for her to do, and she loved trying new things. Riley smiled when Jerrod laughed. What a beautiful smile. She thought. "Those are awesome names. I've never heard the name Draco before though, but it's still pretty cool." She smiled at him.

Jerrod shrugged at what she said. "I'm kinda used to moving around. I've been doing it my whole life so I know what to do." He had learnt first hand how to pack things fast and easy. His mum did the unpacking by wand. "I think they should. At least then I'd be able to get a break from moving."
Jerrod looked around the grounds. "You might have already met him. He just slithers around the grounds of his own accord most of the time. I let him be mostly wild but he knows where he should be and when." Jerrod had always been good at training animals. It was skill he was born with. "Draco is a constellation of stars. My brother likes astronomy and he recommended the name to my mum. She couldn't say no to it. I don't know why."

Riley nodded when Jerrod said he was used to moving around. She wouldn't know the first thing to do when moving; most of the packing was done by her mother when they moved to New Zealand; Riley hardly did anything. Riley smiled when Jerrod agreed to their moms meeting. "Well, we'll have to set up a date then." She grinned teasingly.
She raised her eyebrow when he said that she might have already met him. She looked across the lawn as Jerrod did, and shivered slightly when she thought of randomly stumbling upon a giant snake. "So er, has he ever hurt anyone?" She asked softly, embarrassed to ask. "Oh cool. I've never really been into astronomy, for me, night time is about sleeping." She grinned at Jerrod.

Jerrod nodded back to her. "I'll owl my mum. She's not looking great the past few months but I'm sure the two of them will be friends all the same." Jerrod spent most of his time worried about his mum but he couldn't let the worry get in the way of everything else. He had to pull himself together and get a grip.
He laughed slightly when she asked if Pluto had hurt anyone. "Only when I ask himm to and even then it's not much. It's just a warning for them not to annoy me." Lots of people annoyed Jerrod by mentioning his dad. They all laughed at the fact that a death eater was murdered in his own home. Of course, they only did that once. "I've never been much of a sleeper. I prefer to sit on the balcony and star gaze."

"Oh no, what's wrong with your mom?" Riley asked concernedly, when hearing Jerrod say that his mom wasn't looking great. Riley hated to see anyone upset, or hurt, but she usually never knew what to do to make them feel better. "But yeah, I'll owl my mom too." She smiled.
Riley smiled nervously when Jerrod said that his snake only hurt people when he told him too. She made a mental note in her head to never irritate this guy. "What can people do that annoys you so much, that you'll ask your snake to hurt them?" Riley asked curiously. Riley smiled when he said that he preferred to star gaze. "Well, maybe one night, I should get off my lazy behind, and join you with the star gazing, and see what all the fuss is about."

Jerrod put his hands in his pockets as he thought about all the stuff that had happened the past year. "A year ago my dad died and then my baby sisters were born and then my cousins died. Basically, my mum's stressed with everything that's going on. Especially seeing as Junior keeps having his normal mood swings that annoy us all like hell." Jerrod hated his oldest brother's bad temper and it was the only thing that made him not want to be like him.
Jerrod shrugged at what she said next. "Most of them know about my dad and start taunting me about it. I was close to him so when people start saying that sort of stuff it just makes me flip." He didn't know how else he could explain it. He brushed it out off his mind and tried to continue. "I'd like that. It'd be nice to have a gazer buddy for once. Well, one that's not an animal at least." He chuckled slightly as he thought about his nights with the cats.

Riley nodded sadly when Jerrod explained what had happened. She didn't realize that his dad's death had happened not so long ago. And on top of it, his cousins had died as well. Riley felt really sorry for him, that he had lost so much in such a short time. "I'm sorry Jerrod. That really sucks. If there's ever anything I can do, just let me know." She replied gently.
Riley's eyes narrowed when he said that people taunted him about his dad. "Why would they taunt you? How could people be so mean?" Riley had hardly ever come across someone that is that mean. She had met a few people in her life that were bullies, but it seemed foreign to her that someone would mock someone's dad's death. Riley grinned when he said that he'd like her to star gaze with him. "Well let me know when yoour next doing it, and I'll come join you."

Jerrod shook his head. "There's nothing you can do for me. I've gotten over it. It's just my mum. She'd been with my dad since they were in school and we'd been looking after my cousins for about ten years and if you add in there the hormones and tiredness because of having two babies then she tries to murder us basically." Jerrod didn't mean it literally that she tried to murder them but the bad tempers that she had sometimes made it feel that way.
Jerrod shrugged. "My dad was a death eater. People just find it funny that a death eater was murdered and the ministry can't be bothered to work out who killed him." This annoyed Jerrod and he just hated the ministry more than he did before. Plus, they were now watching his mum like a hawk because she worked there.

Riley slightly pouted when he said there was nothing she could do for him. She would have loved to been able to spend more time with Jerrod, and be able to get to know him a little better. Even after only knowing him for a little while, Riley was starting to like Jerrod a bit. "Oh my goodness, that really sucks for your mom!" Riley exclaimed. "I should definitely get mom to send her a gift basket." She said to herself.
Riley's mouth dropped slightly when Jerrod said his dad was a death eater. She had, of course, heard about death eaters and what they do and was afraid of them, but she had never met anyone that was directly affected by a death eater. In fact, Riley had lived a pretty sheltered life so far. She shook her head when he said that people found it funny that his dad got murdered. She gasped in shock when he said that ministry couldn't be bothered to work out who did it. "Why the heck would people find that funny? There is nothing funny about death! I totally understand you're flipping out. People can be so cruel. And isn't it the ministries job to figure out what happened? Why aren't they doing anything? I will seriously write a letter of complaint for you. That is ridiculously stupid." Riley replied angrily.

Jerrod smiled. "I guess she'd like that. She doesn't have many friends because she spends most of her time in the house or at work." Jerrod didn't know why his mum didn't just go out for a night. She was still able to look young so why wouldn't she have fu?? It wasn't like she was old and wrinkly.
Jerrod shook his head and shrugged slightly. "It doesn't take long for them to realise that they made a mistake so I'm ok with it." Jerrod had always loved toturing people when they deserved it but now it was more personal than ever. They were hurtig him through someone that he had cared a lot for.

((sorry. lame post))

[OOC: Wow, I haven't been on in ages, I'm so sorry. I'm thinking we should rp at the tower at night sometime?]

Riley smiled when Jerrod said that his mom didn't have many friends. "Of course she would like it, who wouldn't like a gift basket?" She grinned. "My mom is good at cheering people up and keeping them company. I'm sure she could help your mom." She grinned.
Riley nodded slowly, looking at Jerrod when he said it didn't take long for people to realize the mistake they made. "Oh, well, that's good. I don't suppose there is any other way to get through to them without hurting them is there?" She laughed nervously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back